Min requirement to LFP or kick function in f8

Unicorns

I know its been asked a thousands time, but i wont stop asking until something is done about it. Having citadel and tomb in DC makes this issues a thousands time worse. People think because they can get the quest, that they can run it, and let me tell you something, they cant. Im not even talking about jumping in the dungeon without even knowing mechanics, im talking about people with less than 400 ap being able to LFP for tomb.

This is what we got when we had to recruit on the last boss of tomb 4man, when someone dced, and didnt come back:
1d75745b0225417eb44c40071db67b7b.png

How is someone with those stats able to join a 4man for tomb?!
And ofc he demanded to be carried, which is all he could say with this broken english "you kill, you kill". We tried to make his understand that hes not geared enough to finish this, that we couldnt even do it with him there, even if we wanted to, AND THAT KILLING THE LAST BOSS WONT EVEN FINISH HIS FREAKING QUEST. But he refused to leave, because since he can lfp he can stay in a run he cant run. After 10 minutes of trying to get him to leave, i had to leave the party, because it was going to take longer than to just run it again.

Can someone now PLEASE TELL ME why do I  have to leave MY OWN party and re run the dungeon due to someone with not even 400 being able to join my run?
You cant even invite people into your run once you are in an f8 dungeon... so if someone leaves you have no choice but to recruit. In fact i was trying to get one of my friends to join and help us finish but isntead we got a 398ap sin.

I agree with this, it's extremely annoying to get idiots and leechers in your party. Wish they'd do something about this already. I think everyone already had this kind of problem multiple times, and will continue to have it over and over. At the very least, when clicking to recruit while inside the dungeon, you should get an "apply to party" notification, like the ones you get when someone applies to your party outside cross-server. That way, you could check who's joining and accept/refuse them.

While I somewhat agree certain dungeons should have some form of gear check before allowing you to queue, I do so with reservations.

High AP isnt synonymous with competence. Some of the more brain dead dead players I've encountered have had what most would consider to be high AP. So just because a player has 400 AP, it doesnt make them "an idiot."

I've also encountered situations where 400 AP players have out dps'd 500 AP players. Again, AP isnt the ultimate factor in ones ability to play well.

This said, how would you go about deciding whom to keep, and whom stays? An arbitrary number?l decided by the community and not the devs?

Sounds suspiciously like elitism to me. The more I think about it, the more I agree with the decision to preclude NA from having this ability to vote kick.

This region cant be trusted to handle such a responsibility.

4 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

While I somewhat agree certain dungeons should have some form of gear check before allowing you to queue, I do so with reservations.

High AP isnt synonymous with competence. Some of the more brain dead dead players I've encountered have had what most would consider to be high AP. So just because a player has 400 AP, it doesnt make them "an idiot."

I've also encountered situations where 400 AP players have out dps'd 500 AP players. Again, AP isnt the ultimate factor in ones ability to play well.

This said, how would you go about deciding whom to keep, and whom stays? An arbitrary number?l decided by the community and not the devs?

Sounds suspiciously like elitism to me. The more I think about it, the more I agree with the decision to preclude NA from having this ability to vote kick.

This region cant be trusted to handle such a responsibility.

I never said higher ap players are better, i never even said certain ap should be it.
Its not even about just ap, his overall stats are not enough to run tomb, not even 6 man, let alone 4 man, yet he can lfp and demand to be carried.
I never said it should be 700 ap to lfp tomb, i know you dont need that much ap, 550 should be enough for 6 man. 397 is not. Throw 6 ppl with around 400 ap into tomb and see if they can clear it.
It's not "elitism" to not want to run with people who are not geared up to complete a run. Why should i carry a 397 ap sin who has no business being in a tomb run? You cant even argue that it's for dc, because you need the full run to comeplete the quest. So all he was doing is not letting us finish our run, we needed 4 ppl to finish it and not only he has 0 clue about mechanics, ofc, but i doubt he could had even survived one of the boss shocks if he had to do mechanics.

And a vote kick option for online people should be added. Why am i forced to deal with people who leech and just afk during runs? Who are not even close to be geared enough to run it? If the other 3 or 5 people in the party agree that 1 person should be kicked then there should be an option to do so. 
Why does everyone always shout out "ELITISM", "PEOPLE ARE GONA ABUSE THE KICK FUNCTION", but nothing is ever done about the ppl that abuse the fact that they know then cant get kicked out, and jump in a dungeon they know they are not ready to run (for whichever reason, gear, skill , etc.), or just afk and not even help, since they know once they are in the dungeon you are basically stucked with them, and your options are either deal with a leecher, or leave yourself.

Just gonna toss this out there...

Use firewalls to your advantage - most people will leave a dungeon after you burn them until their weapon breaks.

And you have to re-run the dungeon because you pressed the random LFP button and got a bad roll, try using a countdown in Discord next time to get your friend in.

I've seen 900 APs do the exact same thing in a DT run - NA community can't be fixed in the way you're suggesting.

Have you ever noticed this increases when it's put into the daily challenge? In faction chat this morning there was a fight about people around 550ap getting kicked from msp parties but they refused to make their own party for msp. Than later it was complained by a 4xx ap how it's unfair players are "forced" to do tomb, as in, they think they can do it. I just don't think it registers with a lot of people's minds that daily challenge isn't only not required but it's also not meant for fresh level 50's but of course the common mindset is if you can't do something yet because you have yet to put the time or effort into better gearing your character than clearly everything should be accommodating to you /eyeroll.

In short, stop putting the harder dungeons into daily challenge so if we lose a man in tomb/citadel we can actually get someone who can help and not someone who clearly still has a lot to learn -.-

14 minutes ago, Mirryn said:

So you'd rather slog through Nexus, Gloom and Necro 4 times a week?

I'm personally SO GLAD that Sunday is at least slightly less cancerous now.

They could put the 24 man raids that are easier now back? Zaiwei Ruins (has a great outfit/free ivory), the gloom area...when was the last time people did grand harvest? There are alot of blue dungeons they can add like why does it only have to be Silverfrost blues? There was never a requirement for forgotten tomb they could add that since they do add tomb of exiles? Like there are A LOT of options lol.

Anything is better than getting 4xx aps in tomb/citadel that refuse to leave.

2 hours ago, Mirryn said:

So you'd rather slog through Nexus, Gloom and Necro 4 times a week?

I'm personally SO GLAD that Sunday is at least slightly less cancerous now.

You kind of missed the point. It's not so much about taking tomb out of challenge, but about how theres no requierements to LFP for tomb.
I personally dont mind those being in dc, as long as there are easier options too, i can run any dungeon there is atm, but i think DC was first introduced to help you progress bit quicker, by giving you mats you need, and if you are going to put dungeons most fresh lvl 50 cant run, i think DC is not doing what it was intended to do. -but thats a discussion for another day, this thread was mostly to bring out the issue about people that are not ready to run dungeons, being able to LFP for them.-

As long as DC itself does not really conform to ppl's lvl. We will keep having this trouble. 

Daily CHallenge starts right away when you reach lv 50..so it's logical and natural if one assume he can or need to do it.   and basically test his luck.  

Should daily challenge do conform to lvl... we may have less problem in undergeared ppl joining high end raid.   Implementation is maybe based on HM lvls..

Fresh HM-1 or HM-2 lv 50 will get at most Yeti and Necro... higher HM lvls like HM-6 and 7 can get as high as Nexus.  HM-11, 12 can have DT, EC and perhaps foundry.

Lol no pls HM9s are all up and rdy for EC/Tomb gearwise. They just need to learn and still let new lvl 50 join Yeti6 they need to get rid of their crap SS.

And sry no.. but nexus is gearwise the same as yeti, it only requires more knowledge overall than yeti and I easily duo 4m nexus. Asura would be ok to set that HM lvl since asura4 isn't that manageable to duo.

Me and a guildie joined a 700+ Tomb run. After the dungeon was launched, we saw there was a 550. I said the announcement was 700+. It didn't mention anything about a carry.  Of course the 550 was with 2 of his guildies, hence why he was in there. They insisted it wasn;t a carry. The 550 said he knows the mechanics and not to worry. I said I don't care if you know the mechanics, you're a 550 and your DPS is going to be lacking.  He linked his 48 AP diamond gem.  I told him the only thing thtaproves is he literally has nol ife outside of BnS.  Him and his guildies kept running their mouths as we approach the first boss.  Guess who died in a matter of 15 seconds of the fight starting?  He promptly died a couple more times to the first boss and a few more times to the final boss.

Point being, IDC if you know the mechanics. If you have a low AP, you aren't going to put out the DPS and I really don't feel like carrying you and having to pick up your slack because you are constantly on the floor dead.

Archived