Advice for NCsoft to make money

KaVeN

Ncsoft i know you love money, and you dont miss any occasion to dry our wallet. So, heres a plan you should follow to maximise your income.

-Release legendary SS

-Make sure we need 100 feather for a piece

-Increase the xp reward from the heaven mandate dynamic quest to 45,500xp

-Put heavens mandate reset bundle in the market

- And on top of that add another merchant of wonders event that spawn in cold storage / heaven mandate / desolate tomb / asura with great loot or at least premium stone bundle.

And gg ncsoft, you will drain thousands of dollars !

Dont forget to add some really hot and oversexualized outfit in the cash shop instead of lame recolor and ugly useless outfit, bonus profit.

Who doesnt have 100 feathers at this point anyway? I have way over 300 and i dont ever bid on the drop ones, nor do i do mandate daily.
Now a perma merchant for mandate and tomb would be great. Tomb is a huge waste of time. 0 profit from it unless necklace drops. Stingers are worthless, 1 ornament for 6/4 people is pretty much worthless. But i doubt they are going to do that. 

• Release every outfit every created and leave them on the store indefinitely.
  • Add bundles for CS and HM of 10, 25, 50, and 100. Why was the 10 pack only on the store for what 4 hours?
  • Stop with the xp boosting event and either lower the xp needed for HM levels to what other regions have or massively boost the xp from mobs.
  • Add wings to the store, either with stats or without, I don't care which, just add them
  • Make the RNG odds exponentially better
  • Add significantly to what Premium members can get so it entices people to actually buy it.
  • Drop the RNG wheel and add a zone that is straight up gambling halls (ie Las Vegas style).
  • Make rare outfits that have enough stats(ie +5ap not +35ap) to actually get players to pursue them. 
  • Massively rework that travesty called the auction house and store.

Im agree they should like release every outfit for ever, but they will probably gain a huge amount of dollar over 2-3 month then nothing. They want to keep tease us with 2 outfit ( mostly recolor and shitty one ) to make profit over years and maximise the value of bns.

If they release ss for 100 feather a piece, everyone will need min 800 feather to get a full set ( with random stats so in fact it will be much more to get a perfect one )

And on top of that add a merchant, bundle of reset and boost the dynamic quest xp, some whales will use thousands of reset, even casual will farm this dungeon to get the legendary ss. They will make huge profit.

( If it works ncsoft please hire me as economic counselor, i have plenty of tips to make you rich )

I just want 2 things done:

- move the maintenance for EU to a better time, my real life friend left this game for this reason.

- fix the fps drops, some of my friends rerolled due to this. I would like to see what happens if Jonathan streams ssp...

I guess I'm like the only person that doesn't have an issue with the recolors.  It lets you get an outfit that you like but it doesn't match that rare adornment drop you got a while back, or your eye color, etc. 

It would be better if the outfits were recolor-able by the player.  They could sell "Multicolor Giganura" dye to let you select between the available recolors.  For example, you buy Scarlet Bird and can pick between all the other variants.

6 hours ago, KaVeN said:

Ncsoft i know you love money, and you dont miss any occasion to dry our wallet. So, heres a plan you should follow to maximise your income.

-Release legendary SS

-Make sure we need 100 feather for a piece

-Increase the xp reward from the heaven mandate dynamic quest to 45,500xp

-Put heavens mandate reset bundle in the market

- And on top of that add another merchant of wonders event that spawn in cold storage / heaven mandate / desolate tomb / asura with great loot or at least premium stone bundle.

And gg ncsoft, you will drain thousands of dollars !

Dont forget to add some really hot and oversexualized outfit in the cash shop instead of lame recolor and ugly useless outfit, bonus profit.

so what you're literally saying is that allow every player that reaches level 50 and has money to get ''Legendary''SS  and skip the process of gearing up.

Doing an outfit rotation was the single biggest worst decision NCsoft made for this game in the West.

Miss a costume because it was taken down in 2 or 3 weeks? Too bad

You're stuck with with 10 boring outfits for the whole year while we tell you what to do buy depending on the season of the year. Want to wear a bikini in the winter? Oh well too bad.

Look at their competition, they don't do that.

Doesn't Guild Wars 2 keep outfit up year round?

Outfits is and should be NCWest's main attraction. The minute they decide to play around with this for reasons related to how cold or hot the temperature is really shows how they don't understand the mmorpg genre.

A video game company in the mmorpg genre that can't adapt should not be in the mmorpg business in the first place.

Why? What's wrong with:

Charging for inventory and bloating the amount of mats and tokens/other crap in the game so you don't ever have enough space.

Making gold and material drops and rewards so dismal it's hard to play the game without paying,

even if you pay for premium.

Having P2W "events" that reward mats and items that should be available by simply playing the game.

Charging weird off the wall rates for costumes some which are simply re-colors but will cost you $5 more. What are they made out of imported pixels from Italy?

14 hours ago, Bot6 said:

so what you're literally saying is that allow every player that reaches level 50 and has money to get ''Legendary''SS  and skip the process of gearing up.

Ummmm, sorry to break it to ya but that's already a thing pal.

17 hours ago, Ghastly said:

Doing an outfit rotation was the single biggest worst decision NCsoft made for this game in the West.

You're stuck with with 10 boring outfits for the whole year while we tell you what to do buy depending on the season of the year. Want to wear a bikini in the winter? Oh well too bad.

Outfits is and should be NCWest's main attraction. The minute they decide to play around with this for reasons related to how cold or hot the temperature is really shows how they don't understand the mmorpg genre.

A video game company in the mmorpg genre that can't adapt should not be in the mmorpg business in the first place.

The "Limited time only" gimmick sells. Businesses prove this day after day. It gently forces the consumer to quickly hand over their cash quickly before they miss out on a "rare" deal. Proven time and time again to work.

After all, everyone wants the new shiny, and they definitely dont wanna be the only ones without it. Hence, limited time sells by feeding off our very own insatiable greed. I dont blame them one bit for doing it.

Still, tells you what they're most concerned about. Heres a hint, its not player satisfaction.

5 hours ago, United17 said:

Its not if you mean weapon you would need to spend thousand of euros if u plan on skipping the process of obtaining Naruya tablets and other resources, but then again u will need to farm the weapons that require to upgrade, now if we compare that to what this guy is suggesting that is a whole new different story, because u can literally skip  yeti/asura/tomb ss and u can go straight for legendary 2-4 feathers 100% each run, u can literally get legendary with less than 200 bucks.

And honestly if so called ''Legendary'' would be so laughable easy to obtain with way higher stats than tomb/asura then that wouldn't even be a  content.

You say that, yet their competition doesn't do that. Their competition keeps outfits up year round. NCsoft Korea creates new costumes year round, there will always be a shiny new costume.

So the shiny new stuff logic is flawed.

I will ask again, doesn't Gear Wars 2 keep most of their outfits up year round?

2 hours ago, Ghastly said:

You say that, yet their competition doesn't do that. Their competition keeps outfits up year round. NCsoft Korea creates new costumes year round, there will always be a shiny new costume.

So the shiny new stuff logic is flawed.

I will ask again, doesn't Gear Wars 2 keep most of their outfits up year round?

Your first mistake was thinking NC Soft gives a cricket about "the competition." 

Your second was continuously mentioning Guild Wars 2, as GW2 is an ARENANET developed game, not NC Soft. NC Soft simply published GW2.

What Arenanet does and what NCSoft does are two separate things. I mean, if NCSoft was actually taking queues from AN, we'd have account bound costumes freely interchangable from toon to toon within said account without the need to purchase "Outfit Mailing Stamps", or any other nickle and dime scam. Now would we?

21 hours ago, Ghastly said:

Aha, the opposite. 

Gw2 has had high demand outfits up for ONE DAY before. Wings made their debut in a one day flash sale. Anyone who missed that day had to wait like a month or two to get a shot at them. 

I repeat:

ONE. DAY. 

They have rotations and flash sales like crazy. They do have some permanent outiftis up,  but not the highest demand ones anyways. 

And despite your annoyance and the annoyance of many players, it's been proven that an outfit rotation makes more money. That's WHY they do it. 

Why? Because if an outfit you want is there forever, you know you can take your sweet time earning it. You can buy it whenever you feel like it, or even wait until the gold exchange rate is good and save up your gold to get it later. 

But if they release a popular item and give you just one or two weeks to buy it? People will whip out their credit cards right away and buy that thing right then and there. 

And those hurried/panicked swipes far outnumber the "Oh, if the outfit was still here now I'd be buying it" sales. You might not like it. but from a business standpoint it's far from the worse decision they've made for the cash shop. "Hurry now supplies are limited!" Is a tried and true sales tactic.

That's not the lesson I'd want NCsoft to take from Gw2. 

An account wardrobe on the other hand... 

A weapon skin wardrobe... 

An armor/outfit dying system... (If there were a premium dye pack you could buy to recolor normal outfits like you can with the clan uniform, I'd buy some for my favorite costumes) 

If they took THOSE things from Gw2 I'd be all over outfits. 

Why do they put outfit in a rotation? Simple: it is more profitable by putting a pressure on the customers about its time-limited sales.

Let take an example of Gangplank style, and me as a customer.

I know that Gangplank style is going to be there, for a very long long long time. The first time I purchased it was six month later its released. Yeah, I like it, but not in a rush to buy it, and I only bought it cuz I need to spend some HM coins for Rank 9 Premiumship. If not, I would not even bother to buy it, even I like it.

Meanwhile, let take a look on Military Mark. I'm torn between buying it, and not buying it at the very last day of its sales. I like it, but not to the extent for instant purchase. But if I buy it, I will have no HM coins for the next outfit that will come out, which may have something I want. I asked friends and people about how it would look good on my Momo, and preview it a lot. Finally, I gave in to the temptation and bought it. Pretty pleased with this decision, cuz the next rotation (which is the current one) is ugly.

NCWest might look like they have no clue about how doing business, but in reality, they are doing a business. One that cater existing whales and make more big-buck spenders.

21 hours ago, United17 said:

Why? What's wrong with:

Charging for inventory and bloating the amount of mats and tokens/other crap in the game so you don't ever have enough space.

Making gold and material drops and rewards so dismal it's hard to play the game without paying,

even if you pay for premium.

Having P2W "events" that reward mats and items that should be available by simply playing the game.

Charging weird off the wall rates for costumes some which are simply re-colors but will cost you $5 more. What are they made out of imported pixels from Italy?

At the end of the day the person that waited, or couldn't, to get it paid a lot less for it. When I got my stage 1 legendary dagger stingers were 2-3g each, now they are 30sp.

The outfit rotation might make some kind of profit sense for NCSoft but as a player with limited funds it really is a bad thing. To be honest the sexy outfits were one thing that caused me to give this game a shot. I thought then and still do that BnS has some of the coolest looking costumes of any game ever. So costumes are something that I pay attention to. When I first started playing I saw several outfits I wanted in the store and had the funds to buy one or two. I made that choice without realizing a few of the ones I told myself I would pick up next month would be gone by then. So far they have not returned. As it were, the outfits I chose then are still available in the store so I play the game with regret for not picking up the limited ones instead. Now I know the deal of course, and if something I really like hits the store I will do my best to get it but it is a bummer to think that I have missed out on some of the coolest outfits and that perhaps I won't get another chance at them. So I just wish there were some mechanism, like the transmutation chests, which would give me a chance at any past outfit. The outfit transmutation is broken anyways, so if they fixed it, made it workable and used it to provide a chance to get a random outfit that has been rotated out already that would be awesome.

Another solution would be to allow players to buy and sell premium outfits on the marketplace. That i guess would be too awesome for us the players and thus I can never seeing them allowing this. The game isn't about our fun anyway is it, it's about a big companies money.

Archived