Why so alt unfriendly?

Grimstar

I've been playing since launch, and i've been playing my fm mostly. I also have a lv 50 hm2 bm, but would really like to make a sin to. But the thing holding me back is having to grind EVERYTHING again.

Things like:

- Achievements (doing yeti 100x once should give me the right to give +7ap to my alts, no?)

- Powders  (why cant i trade elements/jewels to my alts?)

- Breaktrough weapons/chests (why arent these account bound? Cause of money from keys?)

- Alot of materials (which i have on my main, why dont we have an account wide bank tab?)

- Faction insignias ( i have 2000+ on my main, whats the fun of doing it on an alt all over again?)

- Outfits (especially the ones u bought with NCoin, it's a shame u dont get these account wide. U payed 10-15€ for it + u have to buy stamps to send it to another character.)

Making an alt should be a "fun" experience, and not feel like work, since u done all that on your main already. I've been playing 8/9 months now to get to 700+ap on my fm, shouldnt making an alt go faster? I would really love to have multiple characters, but having to do all that again is just a pain.

Actually they made lots of stuff account bound now. Yesterday I transferred most of my stuff like accessory jewels, naryu coins and siren/pirate emblems and lots of more from my first class to my main class. They also give you most of the breakthrough accessories and weapon keys. I think it's all enough to start new class and lvl up easier. 

1 hour ago, Grimstar said:

I've been playing since launch, and i've been playing my fm mostly. I also have a lv 50 hm2 bm, but would really like to make a sin to. But the thing holding me back is having to grind EVERYTHING again.

Things like:

- Achievements (doing yeti 100x once should give me the right to give +7ap to my alts, no?)

- Breaktrough weapons/chests (why arent these account bound? Cause of money from keys?)

- Alot of materials (which i have on my main, why dont we have an account wide bank tab?)

- Faction insignias ( i have 2000+ on my main, whats the fun of doing it on an alt all over again?)

- Outfits (especially the ones u bought with NCoin, it's a shame u dont get these account wide. U payed 10-15€ for it + u have to buy stamps to send it to another character.)

Making an alt should be a "fun" experience, and not feel like work, since u done all that on your main already. I've been playing 8/9 months now to get to 700+ap on my fm, shouldnt making an alt go faster? I would really love to have multiple characters, but having to do all that again is just a pain.

All these are legit. ESPECIALLY the achievement.

NCW do you expect each character to run Yeti 100 times and tomb a whopping 300 times??? Seriously? Isn't it already painful enough for us to achieve this ONCE?? What monetary benefit do you gain from people grinding the same dungeon 1000 times?

There's no account stash because they want to make you grind more.

Most of the items are not mailable because they want to make you grind more.

This is still the most alt-unfriendly new player unfriendly game on the market hands down. No matter how many "freebies" they give alts and newcomers through surveys or enchanting discounts, it's all useless unless they solve the root problem.

34 minutes ago, Raizou said:

Yeah with using cash.

$15 for the month's subscription then run raids for a couple days and ur geared, other things like basic achieve perks and etc all come within 2 months, and they're bound to your account, its an incredibly alt friendly game, and they only thing you need to spend money on is monthly sub.

5 hours ago, Grimstar said:

Things like:

No grind more whine less having everything handed to you on alt's is stupid some item's and stuff yeah but skill's achievements do them again learn how the class works rather than just jumping in easy mode.

6 hours ago, Grimstar said:

Things like:

I assume you have never played anything that actually had you grind more. Anyway the game is not that alt unfriendly but the issue here is that people assume doing things once should allow you to have everything shared between all characters. Achievements are bound to a character. The game handles each character you create as individual, not as if all your characters share same thing. You don't start from same level as your main is when you make a new char but from 0. Also 100 yeti runs is nothing because you will need items from there anyway and you should run it once at least to get the daily done.

The game offers you tons of accessories that you can salvage. It's easy to get the powders on alt and instead of making them on main use them on alt unless your main has already max accessories and still extra jewels. That's unfortunate. But in general I guess it's to force players to spend time on their alts instead of getting everything to max on mains and then trading it straight to alt. There are also games out there that once you equip outfit it's "soulbound" and cannot be traded ever again so at least we have the possibility to mail our outfits.

I am not sure what you would call fun when making an alt but for me in this game making an alt was always fun. I already have 6 lvl 50 from which 2 are 650+ HM10s. There are of course things that I agree that aren't that alt friendly but it is still made relatively easy to make good alt over here.

1 hour ago, Kasugai said:

No grind more whine less having everything handed to you on alt's is stupid some item's and stuff yeah but skill's achievements do them again learn how the class works rather than just jumping in easy mode.

Easy mode? I had a hard time upgrading my accesories, since salvaging low level jewels doesnt give any powders, i agree that once u reach lv 50 u can start salvaging the blue ones that drop. But before level 50 u dont get so many. My lv 50 hm 2 bm has awakened infernal accesories, since i dont have to mats to upgrade them.

How does learning how a class work, when u gotta do the achievements again? I'm pretty sure u can learn your class by doing heroics alone. Doing 100 yeti runs takes a long time and i dont plan on grinding yeti again for those 100 runs.

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

I assume you have never played anything that actually had you grind more. Anyway the game is not that alt unfriendly but the issue here is that people assume doing things once should allow you to have everything shared between all characters. Achievements are bound to a character. The game handles each character you create as individual, not as if all your characters share same thing. You don't start from same level as your main is when you make a new char but from 0. Also 100 yeti runs is nothing because you will need items from there anyway and you should run it once at least to get the daily done.

The game offers you tons of accessories that you can salvage. It's easy to get the powders on alt and instead of making them on main use them on alt unless your main has already max accessories and still extra jewels. That's unfortunate. But in general I guess it's to force players to spend time on their alts instead of getting everything to max on mains and then trading it straight to alt. There are also games out there that once you equip outfit it's "soulbound" and cannot be traded ever again so at least we have the possibility to mail our outfits.

I am not sure what you would call fun when making an alt but for me in this game making an alt was always fun. I already have 6 lvl 50 from which 2 are 650+ HM10s. There are of course things that I agree that aren't that alt friendly but it is still made relatively easy to make good alt over here.

U assume i never played any other mmorpg by saying bns is alt unfriendly? Bns could learn a thing or 2 from games like Guild Wars 2, where u get items to level up alts faster, and i'm sure there are alot of other mmorpg's that encourage making alts.

I dunno which games u are used to? But games like cabal or silkroad from the year 2005-2010 are hardcore mmorpg's and still follow an old model that are slowly dying.

Once u get abit bored with bns, i'm sure there are alot of people that wanna make alts, but seeing how much grind they have to do all over again, is certainly holding them back. Not everybody has as much time as u, to invest in 2x 650+ characters, i have 1 700+ fm and i'm a casual gamer (2-3h/day during week, weekends abit more), and have been playing since launch. Which means u invested ALOT of time (or money) in your 2x 650+ hm10 chars.

4 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

Once u get abit bored with bns, i'm sure there are alot of people that wanna make alts, but seeing how much grind they have to do all over again, is certainly holding them back. Not everybody has as much time as u, to invest in 2x 650+ characters, i have 1 700+ fm and i'm a casual gamer (2-3h/day during week, weekends abit more), and have been playing since launch. Which means u invested ALOT of time (or money) in your 2x 650+ hm10 chars.

I played since nearly launch too. Playing max 5 hours a day actively if even that much. But unfortunately all my characters were f2p mode. None got upgrades done by credit cards.

3 hours ago, Kasugai said:

Yeah well there are 2 major mistakes in your assumption.

1) You do not learn to play your class "better" by doing the same dungeon over and over again - especially if you can skip any mechanic or other stuff like it is possible for example in yeti.

2) Not beeing able to "show off" your achievements on an alt can prevent you from farming. Because of the "arms race" all ppl dream of 65x/7xx AP-figures (which a twink normally does not have) beacuse they assume they can save time (mb a little - but you loose probably more for the wait) and they think that they are able to tell if sb is "good" by this number (which is just idiotic - but the only way because they are not able to "look-up" players).

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

I played since nearly launch too. Playing max 5 hours a day actively if even that much. But unfortunately all my characters were f2p mode. None got upgrades done by credit cards.

Yeah congratz - but what exactly does this have to do with the topic. I mean it is possible (even w/o money) but this does not change the fact that BnS is extremely alt unfriendly. 

3 hours ago, JatoJato said:

Yeah congratz - but what exactly does this have to do with the topic. I mean it is possible (even w/o money) but this does not change the fact that BnS is extremely alt unfriendly. 

Maybe read for what it was response to. ^^ But yeah of course it's alt unfriendly if people assume you need to be able to gather max gear on main so that your alt becomes insta OP. Just saying that this game is not the most alt unfriendly game I have seen, it is decently friendly and becoming friendlier bit by bit. Like I said before I agree that there are certain aspects that make it more unfriendly but it was the concept made in Korean version which they bit by bit will make better and suitable for the whiny western audience that assumes making one class max gives the right to have all max classes. Correct me if I am wrong but this is basically what the hidden message between the lines is and people just won't admit that.

15 hours ago, Raizou said:

Yeah with using cash.

Cash, to buy what? I just unlock all the experience upgrades through the legacy system and use the system in place to gear my new alt from what my mains/mains have already accomplished. What would I be spending cash on anyway in Star Wars? I pay my sub for Star Wars outside of that I haven't spent a dime in a year for anything else in that game.

There's nothing that involves leveling an alt and getting them geared that would involve me spending any cash. You obviously have never played it.

Hell they had a month of 12x experience for subscribers, I could level an alt and have them geared in 6 hours.

20 hours ago, Grimstar said:

Things like:

less account bound items =  ++++++++ $$$$$$$$$  for NCwest . If you think all the thinks you actualy need to lvl and equip alts (Special keys,unlock your inv bank roves,etc) NCwest getting more $$$$$$

7 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

[,..] whiny western audience that assumes making one class max gives the right to have all max classes. Correct me if I am wrong but this is basically what the hidden message between the lines is and people just won't admit that.

First, i don't think that only because "western" guys want to improve some things that they are whiny. Also i do not speak KR (or any other asian language) but mb in KR/Asia there are some complaints about the same stuff too.

Second, yeah well it is a rlly harsch statement that western ppl assume they have the right to play all on max if they have one. I mean most ppl think that BnS has no "endgame content" (at least i read this in many other threads). And as you said yourself it is possible to have a max (or at least almost max) char by now. So theoretically there are some things that would have the potential to interest players - for example PvP, OWPvP, Cosmetics, max Stuff besides the Weapon/Accessory-Stages for example Gems, Raids, Hardmode-Dungeons, ... - unfortunately PvP has is issues in general (infrastructure for example - why need a third party sw to play with the "top" players), OWPvP can be highly imbalanced due to the fact that things like pets (that are very expensive) shift advantages too much - also fighting for example in ssp is not rewarding, cosmetics are used as a souce of income (ok understandable), this stuff is either based on (much much) rng or not rlly farmable (i think for example besides the gem that droped by the merchant and the wwv-event-citrine it was never possible to grind for them) and raids have either not be introduced in the game or if we count the 24-instances like BSH, BSC, Beastbog, Frostscale Basin they are either extremely boring or not rewarding or both - also they do not need any raid-like-grp-gameplay. Summaryzing - after all things said - what else can somebody that likes the game but has nothing to do anymore do besides trying to play other chars and therefore other classes which gives new variants and mb a deeper understanding what other chars are capable off. 

So now the max gear part - unfortunately as you might have experienced yourself - it can be very painful to equip a new char - even if you do not care for the fact that you have to do the boring grinding stuff once again. But lets for example just focus on SS. If you try to get good ss - azura for example you have to run the dungeon. Now have you ever tried to go into 6-man azura in F8 (when it is not the daily) as a +/-500AP char? I mean it is possible - especially because you normally know the mechanics, mb you did the dungeon more often than the other guys that are on their mains - but they won't take you with them because they eihter dream the "ap-dream" or they do not think that you are capable to do the dungeon or both. And LFP is also not the best option - because the chance of failure is much higher and you will most likely just waste your time. So even if you are willing to grind you can not do it due to the environment. What other options besides either quitting the game (because it is boring if you have all things on one char and cannot do anything with your alts) or "crying" can you do (and crying is much better because this shows that you would like to stay with BnS)? 

46 minutes ago, LimeGem said:

less account bound items =  ++++++++ $$$$$$$$$  for NCwest . If you think all the thinks you actualy need to lvl and equip alts (Special keys,unlock your inv bank roves,etc) NCwest getting more $$$$$$

I am pretty sure that NCW does not make money with Achievements, Powder and alot of other materials. Mb with the keys yes but to my knowledge they also drop - but i have ot admit i do not know in which ratio bough keys to dropped keys stand. Also the char-wide inventory could get fields to unlock it -> more money for NCW. And last but not least - yes for outfits you are correct - but i think that 1) you paid for the outfit and 2) players could be encouraged to buy more if they can freely wear it with all their chars.

It is friendly you just have to pay for it but I have to agree with few things suchs as achievements. Some achievements must be bound to account, not the 100x yeti ach. but 7 ap bonus. When you create new alt in same account that character should receive some bonuses like 7 ap from yeti -but not the yeti ach. just the ap bonus because that character havent killed yeti- and the titles. I got Soul Avenger title on my main and I'd really like to get same title on my alt.

Also I agree with that stamp shit. We all know thats nothing but greediness. Powders, once you hit 45+ that item so easy to get so I suggest that item should be tradable already. An account bank tab should solve most problems. I know that when we need some Cinderlands Thorn on our alt you want us to buy with money but we wont, well I wont buy at least. Because it is waste coins I can even buy some petnips with that coins. There are so many useless items in hongmoon store I dont know if people fall for it but I dont, cause most of materials easy to get.

Long story short: We need an account bank tab, shared wardrobe between alts. Also titles and bonus attributes we received from achievements must be bound to account.

57 minutes ago, erengny said:

It is friendly you just have to pay for it but I have to agree with few things suchs as achievements. Some achievements must be bound to account, not the 100x yeti ach. but 7 ap bonus. When you create new alt in same account that character should receive some bonuses like 7 ap from yeti -but not the yeti ach. just the ap bonus because that character havent killed yeti- and the titles. I got Soul Avenger title on my main and I'd really like to get same title on my alt.

Also I agree with that stamp shit. We all know thats nothing but greediness. Powders, once you hit 45+ that item so easy to get so I suggest that item should be tradable already. An account bank tab should solve most problems. I know that when we need some Cinderlands Thorn on our alt you want us to buy with money but we wont, well I wont buy at least. Because it is waste coins I can even buy some petnips with that coins. There are so many useless items in hongmoon store I dont know if people fall for it but I dont, cause most of materials easy to get.

Long story short: We need an account bank tab, shared wardrobe between alts. Also titles and bonus attributes we received from achievements must be bound to account.

It is less unfriendly if you pay - yes - but it is still unfriendly.

Tbh either all or nothing. If you see the  achievements as a char-achievemnt you might be right - but i mean an achievement could also be seen as player achievement and while you play another char - you as a player are still the same and did acomplish what the achievment states.

to what purpose ppl making alts if don't want to grind the same thing all over again?( are you PVE or PVP players or both?)

the only alts unfriendly for me was accessory cost from true infernal to awakened siren.kinda angry atm as i already upgraded my 3rd alt acc to awakened siren a week before they announce oct 5 patch 30% cost cut for accessory.but yeah the cost cut will help new players more.(they should do that aftr silverfrost release though)

as a f2p player,the only bad things about alts is i don't really have time to play and i don't really care if it hard or not to make 1 since i have 2 at hm10 650ap and hm9 600ap.my 3rd alts just for funz(playing this game since april).also i don't really care about leg weapon and acc in this game as they were release to early in my opinion.(atleast a year aftr the game release and had more content)

but yeah playing 3-4hrs daily is a chore just to get gold in this game but whatever since i have 300++ms ping.

btw NCwest such a *cricket* just because they only give 2 character slot when you make new account.lucky for ppl who play this game when WL and soul fighter release as you get 2 free slot.(TW server give you 5 character slot and 3 daily dash spin for new players)

52 minutes ago, lopakmy said:

to what purpose ppl making alts if don't want to grind the same thing all over again?( are you PVE or PVP players or both?)

the only alts unfriendly for me was accessory cost from true infernal to awakened siren.kinda angry atm as i already upgraded my 3rd alt acc to awakened siren a week before they announce oct 5 patch 30% cost cut for accessory.but yeah the cost cut will help new players more.(they should do that aftr silverfrost release though)

as a f2p player,the only bad things about alts is i don't really have time to play and i don't really care if it hard or not to make 1 since i have 2 at hm10 650ap and hm9 600ap.my 3rd alts just for funz(playing this game since april).also i don't really care about leg weapon and acc in this game as they were release to early in my opinion.(atleast a year aftr the game release and had more content)

but yeah playing 3-4hrs daily is a chore just to get gold in this game but whatever since i have 300++ms ping.

btw NCwest such a *cricket* just because they only give 2 character slot when you make new account.lucky for ppl who play this game when WL and soul fighter release as you get 2 free slot.(TW server give you 5 character slot and 3 daily dash spin for new players)

Being bored with the game of their class because of insufficient end-game-content?

Accs under Oathbreaker were very cheap after the SF-region was there...

What do leg weap/acc have to do with the topic. This is a complete other theme...

You can have as many slots as you want for ingame gold - just use ctrl+c...

14 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Maybe read for what it was response to. ^^ But yeah of course it's alt unfriendly if people assume you need to be able to gather max gear on main so that your alt becomes insta OP. Just saying that this game is not the most alt unfriendly game I have seen, it is decently friendly and becoming friendlier bit by bit. Like I said before I agree that there are certain aspects that make it more unfriendly but it was the concept made in Korean version which they bit by bit will make better and suitable for the whiny western audience that assumes making one class max gives the right to have all max classes. Correct me if I am wrong but this is basically what the hidden message between the lines is and people just won't admit that.

Who said i want insta OP gear? Getting to the same level as my main, with the current prices will cost me thousands of gold, and atleast 4-5 months of playing (if i focus on that alt, and dont do stuff on main). I never said i wanna reach the same stats as my main, but getting 550 ap still takes a long time if u are a casual player.

And shouldnt it be easyer to make an alt, then the first time u made a 700+ character? Atm it will take me almost just as long as when i created my main. The only difference is we dont have to wait for new content and can just upgrade everything when we have enough gold.

And why do u say we are whiny? We dont live in 2005 anymore, this is 2016 already if u didnt notice, and there are enough mmorpg's out there which give u an advantage if u already have one max char.

1 hour ago, lopakmy said:

as a f2p player,the only bad things about alts is i don't really have time to play and i don't really care if it hard or not to make 1 since i have 2 at hm10 650ap and hm9 600ap.my 3rd alts just for funz(playing this game since april).

but yeah playing 3-4hrs daily is a chore just to get gold in this game

I dont believe u can make 2x 650+ ap and 1x 600+ ap characters as a f2p player if u are playing from april. I'm a casual player who plays around 3h/day, and i only have 1x 700+ ap character. U either play ALOT more then 3h/day, or u arent f2p.

22 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

Being bored with the game of their class because of insufficient end-game-content?

Accs under Oathbreaker were very cheap after the SF-region was there...

What do leg weap/acc have to do with the topic. This is a complete other theme...

You can have as many slots as you want for ingame gold - just use ctrl+c...

being bored but want alt thats easily get to 650ap and being bored again?rinse and repeat for every alts

acc under oathbreaker never was cheap after SF region was there,only mts price drop(my very 1-2hr play casual friend always ask mts from me)

other theme or not ppl still want leg for their alts(cry for spts failure or what not)

how to sell gold if ppl having problem getting gold just to upgrade weapon and accessory for new players...

10 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

I dont believe u can make 2x 650+ ap and 1x 600+ ap characters as a f2p player if u are playing from april. I'm a casual player who plays around 3h/day, and i only have 1x 700+ ap character. U either play ALOT more then 3h/day, or u arent f2p.

that's my  purpose of making alts.know what to farm,craft and sell.honestly when alts reach 500ap gold is easy to get.daily challenge and events do play a part of it..like i said i have 300++ms and because of it i don't pay a dime to this game.

3-4hrs a day is more than enough to generate enough gold if you don't plan on getting leg weapons

btw that's a typo.i have 1 650ap and 1 600ap.1 420ap(for fun only) and 1 lvl36 crafter(too lazy to up the crafter)

Archived