Why so alt unfriendly?

Grimstar

2 hours ago, lopakmy said:

being bored but want alt thats easily get to 650ap and being bored again?rinse and repeat for every alts

acc under oathbreaker never was cheap after SF region was there,only mts price drop(my very 1-2hr play casual friend always ask mts from me)

other theme or not ppl still want leg for their alts(cry for spts failure or what not)

how to sell gold if ppl having problem getting gold just to upgrade weapon and accessory for new players...

even if - how cares there are many classes so you have to do sth...

furthermore who said that they want it only for pve reason... problem is skills are very costly as well and you will be at a severe disatvantage if you do not have them in pvp.

yeah and your friend had a main that could farm stuff ? i do not think so. Of course for new players the whole game is costly - but with a farming main it is a bit more affordable...

tbh - yes i would give my alt a legi too - i mean why not - if i farm stuff i can do with it what i want. The rng on SPTS is a total different thing  Ppl do not cry because of their alts in general because of their mains as well... And btw rng at this point is just stupid nothing more - nothing less.

How to sell - hm yeah - you have ot make a choice - do you need a slot or a weapon stage... as always in the life of bns... (or hope for lucky rng). 

I've been griping about a lack of an account bound bank tab since beta. This is the first MMO Ive played without one and its a pain.

Seems inconcievable to me that a game which allows multiple characters per account wouldnt include a bank tab, (even if just a couple of box rows like in Aion), in its game.

Would make life for those whom move items around between multiple alts, (4 50's HM 6+, a 34, 26, 23, 17), so much easier.

Oh...but then I remember that the only way to do so now is to use ingame mail. Of which cant be used unless premium member or one purchases an item using NC Coin of at minimum a value of 1 NC.

Then it all becomes clear.

On 9/25/2016 at 1:33 PM, Lunakitty said:

I assume you have never played anything that actually had you grind more. Anyway the game is not that alt unfriendly but the issue here is that people assume doing things once should allow you to have everything shared between all characters. Achievements are bound to a character. The game handles each character you create as individual, not as if all your characters share same thing. You don't start from same level as your main is when you make a new char but from 0. Also 100 yeti runs is nothing because you will need items from there anyway and you should run it once at least to get the daily done.

The game offers you tons of accessories that you can salvage. It's easy to get the powders on alt and instead of making them on main use them on alt unless your main has already max accessories and still extra jewels. That's unfortunate. But in general I guess it's to force players to spend time on their alts instead of getting everything to max on mains and then trading it straight to alt. There are also games out there that once you equip outfit it's "soulbound" and cannot be traded ever again so at least we have the possibility to mail our outfits.

I am not sure what you would call fun when making an alt but for me in this game making an alt was always fun. I already have 6 lvl 50 from which 2 are 650+ HM10s. There are of course things that I agree that aren't that alt friendly but it is still made relatively easy to make good alt over here.

So you like tedious, monotonous, repetitive chores? I have plenty of toons myself, but not once passed my 3rd did I ever consider the one and only path to leveling in this game "fun". I did so simply to kill time cause end game grinding is even more tedious, monotonous and repetitive than leveling alts.

In fact, the ONLY redeeming quality in creating multiple alts is to see what various races look like in different costumes. Which upon thinking about it is the ONLY reason I even bother leveling alts. Or am even "enthused" to play at all. Nowadays I find myself spending more time on character creation screens than in game itself.

Wow, I believe I've just had an epiphany.

Perhaps, its high time I consider looking for a new game.

15 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

I've been griping about a lack of an account bound bank tab since beta. This is the first MMO Ive played without one and its a pain.

Seems inconcievable to me that a game which allows multiple characters per account wouldnt include a bank tab, (even if just a couple of box rows like in Aion), in its game.

Would make life for those whom move items around between multiple alts, (4 50's HM 6+, a 34, 26, 23, 17), so much easier.

Oh...but then I remember that the only way to do so now is to use ingame mail. Of which cant be used unless premium member or one purchases an item using NC Coin of at minimum a value of 1 NC.

Then it all becomes clear.

Well mailing between characters on the same account is supposed to unlocked for everyone even if you have never paid, anyway I agree its quite ridiculous, not only that there is no share bank, and that you have to pay to be able to unlock the mailing function, but that once you do that, you still have to pay gold to mail things even between alts on the same account. And some items are more than just silver to mail. I remember trying to mail a stack of nayru silver to my alt and it was a couple gold. 

And dont even get me started on outfits. I pay cash to buy an outfit and then i have to pay more if i wana send it to an alt? Okay NCSoft, okay....

On 9/25/2016 at 4:25 AM, Grimstar said:

I've been playing since launch, and i've been playing my fm mostly. I also have a lv 50 hm2 bm, but would really like to make a sin to. But the thing holding me back is having to grind EVERYTHING again.

Things like:

- Achievements (doing yeti 100x once should give me the right to give +7ap to my alts, no?)

- Powders  (why cant i trade elements/jewels to my alts?)

- Breaktrough weapons/chests (why arent these account bound? Cause of money from keys?)

- Alot of materials (which i have on my main, why dont we have an account wide bank tab?)

- Faction insignias ( i have 2000+ on my main, whats the fun of doing it on an alt all over again?)

- Outfits (especially the ones u bought with NCoin, it's a shame u dont get these account wide. U payed 10-15€ for it + u have to buy stamps to send it to another character.)

Making an alt should be a "fun" experience, and not feel like work, since u done all that on your main already. I've been playing 8/9 months now to get to 700+ap on my fm, shouldnt making an alt go faster? I would really love to have multiple characters, but having to do all that again is just a pain.

1. Achievement is character based... If you want the +7AP for your alt then you better start doing it on your alt. Don't let that number deter you. I didn't even look at it but slowly I am getting there

2. If you want the elements/jewels for your alt, just send the powders over to your alt. You can transmute them there.

3. Breakthrough weapon (blue color) is tradable. You mean the Evolution weapon? You can just open them with regular keys. Seems like you just want to spend money on the special keys not like us just using the regular in-game keys. If I don't get the weapon I need, just salvage it for powders.

4. If you have no issue grinding the faction insignia on your main, why don't just do the same for alt? This sounds like you make alt for fun but doesn't like the heavy lifting on it. Why bother making alt when you don't wanna do anything on it?

5. When you buy the costume from the shop, and after you "Unpack" it in the account inventory (the yellow trunk), if you want your alt to have it, get on your alt and claim it on your alt (if your alt is on the same account as your main). If your alt in on a different account, just gift it from the HM Store.

6. What materials are you talking about? As far as I can tell, the crafting materials are tradable...

16 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

And dont even get me started on outfits. I pay cash to buy an outfit and then i have to pay more if i wana send it to an alt? Okay NCSoft, okay....

My single biggest BnS peeve/gripe. Dont get me started on the nickle and dime ploy otherwise known as " Outfit Deliver Stamps". I could rant for days about that scam. Over 25 RLC bought costumes, 8 alts...yeah...no thanks.

Thanks for reminding me, I also neglected to mention the ridiculous ingame currency fee that goes along with mailing certain items, especially in bulk. But I suppose if I trace the origins of that far back enough Im certain its also somehow tied into RLC.

2 hours ago, Arcayne said:

My single biggest BnS peeve/gripe. Dont get me started on the nickle and dime ploy otherwise known as " Outfit Deliver Stamps". I could rant for days about that scam. Over 25 RLC bought costumes, 8 alts...yeah...no thanks.

Ya all need to know that if you buy the outfit in the HM Store, it gets sent to your account inventory (the yellow trunk), if you intended to have your alt wearing it, then get on your alt and claim it. All of the characters on the same account can see everything and claim everything in the trunk.

If your alt is on a different account than your main, then gift the clothes from HM store to your alt.

39 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

Ya all need to know that if you buy the outfit in the HM Store, it gets sent to your account inventory (the yellow trunk), if you intended to have your alt wearing it, then get on your alt and claim it. All of the characters on the same account can see everything and claim everything in the trunk.

If your alt is on a different account than your main, then gift the clothes from HM store to your alt.

Oh I'm aware of this. I always take the time to carefully choose what toon I send certain costumes to. The problem lies in the inevitable moment I decide to play another alt and would like to have the costume sent to it. Which to me happens daily.

So realistically, shifting costumes from toon to toon at will becomes impossible, or at least financially unfeasible considering how many costumes and toons I have. I dont have what one would consider to be a "main". Nor do I have endless amounts of "throw away money".

Which of course lends credence to the notion that is game is quite alt unfriendly and most times forces you to choose one toon to stick with.

Archived