Where in settings do I get Zulia's breasts back?

Xiaoyen

I realize there is another thread discussing the censorship of Zulia's breasts. I vaguely remember playing BnS on another country's server and there being a setting option to turn censorship on and off. Surely this option must be somewhere in the NA version because censoring an adult game without an option to see the original content would be ludicrous. I hate Zulia's censored outfit so please tell me where in settings I have to click to get Zulia's breasts back.

I'm supporting this.

But we haven't been hit by this censorship yet did we? That would suck because Zulia's outfit will be available at some point to players. However I think the KR's censorship of Zulia is only for her, as a NPC, and hasn't been applied the player outfit. At least I hope, that would be outrageous otherwise.

I did a 4man Asura run today with clanmates. Since it was with clan, we decided to watch the cutscenes since we have not done that in awhile. When I saw what they did to her outfit, I was pissed. Frankly, I am still enraged. If we allow this, what's next? Put Soha in a Hillary pantsuit?

The best compromise is to keep both outfits and allow the players to toggle back and forth between censored version and original version.

Just now, Xiaoyen said:

I did a 4man Asura run today with clanmates. Since it was with clan, we decided to watch the cutscenes since we have not done that in awhile. When I saw what they did to her outfit, I was pissed. Frankly, I am still enraged. If we allow this, what's next? Put Soha in a Hillary pantsuit?

The best compromise is to keep both outfits and allow the players to toggle back and forth between censored version and original version.

good luck to try this with a fsk 12 in germany :D

This was a change that was made to every region so they won't be changing it back anytime soon and putting an option to toggle it on and off would defeat the reason that the change was made. From what I heard the change had nothing to do with game age rating.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Don't care if she was flat-chested Lyn girl or a busty Gon, I want everything of a game to stay as it is intended, be it story (hello, NCWest's translation team), side-quests (once again, NCWest), or outfits.

(edited)

^THIS!!!! Some of you are thinking I might just be lusty for boobs, but the reality is if they suddenly put huge breasts on Poharan, I'd be just as upset. This is about keeping the game as intended.  You want a censored version to keep certain people happy, fine, but give me a settings option to see the game "as intended."

59 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Don't care if she was flat-chested Lyn girl or a busty Gon, I want everything of a game to stay as it is intended, be it story (hello, NCWest's translation team), side-quests (once again, NCWest), or outfits.

(edited)

The story has been changed several times (the new act 4 as we know it and the old version are vastly different), Zaiwei was remodeled completely, most of the blood was removed (to get from 18+ rating to 15+ for esports) and now Zulia got a different outlook which is basically a blue version of her red Warlock clan outfit from act 7. All of this was changed in the original Korean version.

Game systems got reworked as well. Originally there were no upgradable Hongmoon weapons, arena was not equalized and you could use pots. Crit rate and crit damage were based on the same stat etc.

So what is "intended"? The way the game was when it was released? Most of us never even saw that...

Barking up the wrong tree.

Blaming NCwest for something that KR changed is the wrong way to go. It was a global change to all BnS versions.

Go learn some korean and complain to KR rather than getting mad at NCwest for everything.

2 minutes ago, Slyce said:

The story has been changed several times (the new act 4 as we know it and the old version are vastly different), Zaiwei was remodeled completely, most of the blood was removed (to get from 18+ rating to 15+ for esports) and now Zulia got a different outlook which is basically a blue version of her red Warlock clan outfit from act 7. All of this was changed in the original Korean version.

Game systems got reworked as well. Originally there were no upgradable Hongmoon weapons, arena was not equalized and you could use pots. Crit rate and crit damage were based on the same stat etc.

So what is "intended"? The way the game was when it was released? Most of us never even saw that...

I understand an MMO is going to be constantly changing, but I am talking about a character's specific look. Changing Zulia's outfit was jarring to me. Here's the thing, if you want Zulia to wear something different later on in the storyline, fine. After all, Soha isn't wearing the same thing in the desert as she is when in Silverfrost. But, to take her look in Asura's dungeon and completely change it, feels like ridiculous censorship and not character growth. 

13 minutes ago, Xiaoyen said:

^THIS!!!! Some of you are thinking I might just be lusty for boobs, but the reality is if they suddenly put huge breasts on Poharan, I'd be just as upset. This is about keeping the game as intended.  You want a censored version to keep certain people happy, fine, but give me a settings option to see the game "as intended."

Poharan has a big-bust Chrismas outfit, FYI :D

Just now, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Poharan has a big-bust Chrismas outfit, FYI :D

Lol. I guess she got implants? But see, her getting boobs later on doesn't bother me long as she suddenly doesn't get them in Blackram supply chain. You can change what characters look like as the story progresses, just don't suddenly change their look in a dungeon we've all run dozens if not hundreds of times before.

7 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Barking up the wrong tree.

Blaming NCwest for something that KR changed is the wrong way to go. It was a global change to all BnS versions.

Go learn some korean and complain to KR rather than getting mad at NCwest for everything.

So our NCSoft here in the west has no power to adjust the game to Western tastes? Remember the quest where the bandit stole a dress? In another country's version, the bandit stole the dress for himself. In our version, he stole it for his girlfriend. I figured they were tweaking the game here and there depending on region.

3 minutes ago, Xiaoyen said:

So our NCSoft here in the west has no power to adjust the game to Western tastes? Remember the quest where the bandit stole a dress? In another country's version, the bandit stole the dress for himself. In our version, he stole it for his girlfriend. I figured they were tweaking the game here and there depending on region.

Changes are generally done after getting the go from KR since NCwest are only the publishers. They have no right in changing the game without permissions sadly so that change to the Bandit quest may have been approved by KR but this Julia change was due to the fact KR had a bit controversy going on.

NCwest may be able to request permissions to change it back to normal but I have no clue about anything that goes on between a publisher and game creator.

Sources:

https://twitter.com/ende1031/status/757426243587350530/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Translate into: "Julia's appearance changes with this patch. The amount of skin is hugely reduced. My guess is it's because of the sexualisation controversy."

1 minute ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The story is changed cuz of the complex it created for the gameplay. Dividing already two-factioned players into four factions (Blue Light, Blue Dark, Red Light and Red Dark) was pretty much a headache, I believed.

When it comes to the change of gameplay, it can create different opinions. But at the ultimate end, developers often aim it to benefit players, unless they make a mistake about it.

Meanwhile, censoring Zulia's chests must be an important element of gameplay. Or is it just NCSoft backing away from a hostile group of people who believe in the rights of virtual girls.

But see, if they did give in to a hostile group of people, 1) I hope those people are playing and paying for the game and 2) now they've made me hostile, someone playing and paying for the game. Just give me a toggle for Zulia original. 

20 minutes ago, Slyce said:

The story is changed cuz of the complex it created for the gameplay. Dividing already two-factioned players into four factions (Blue Light, Blue Dark, Red Light and Red Dark) was pretty much a headache, I believed. Not mentioning that you have to create two story paths later, if they kept the old one

When it comes to the change of gameplay, it can create different opinions. But at the ultimate end, developers often aim it to benefit players or their own convenience, unless they make a mistake about it and upset players instead.

Meanwhile, censoring Zulia's chests must be an important element of gameplay or development. Or is it just NCSoft backing away from a hostile group of people who believe in the rights of virtual girls.

Archived