Whirlwind Valley Equalized Gear?

iokunn

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25.8.2016 at 11:30 AM, Grimoir said:

It already is better since you cant queue with a full premade party anymore.

Additionally people know it is a pvp battleground, so they should not go in without a pvp soulshield set. If they do not have it thats on them. you can have 750 AP but if you crit defense / defense / piercing / accuracy is shitty, you will die even to  a 550 AP player.

It is better - but it is far from good. And the problem is not that there are better ppl or ppl with pvp-ss (i mean they have an advantage obviously) but because the teams are not correctly balanced. For Example if you play with 4 guys between 600-500 and 2 guys between 400-500 against 4 700+ and 2 500-600 guys it is completly done (if you have pvp-ss or not -> in case not: it is over a bit faster :D). But just by swapping 1 or 2 of the 400 guys with the 700 it will be balanced...  

Thats rly Od, is this NA servers ?

Casue on Eu, there is only 3 on top 50 that could look like p2w.

Im gold rank atm, i dont spend moeny on except Wtfast sub. Premium i buy with gold from Friend.

so i dont get how u can say it belong to gold buyers.

i also knw several others at gold rank, that aint p2w or gold buyers, they are more likely to be selling gold to players that dont understand how to gain gold.

Ofc if ur going into 6v6 , farm Pvp soulshield.   1-3hour farm and u got a good one ''very likely'

Going with Pve ss in a pvp area, is like going for Desolate Tomb with True profane and a Bloodshade Soulshield.

^Everything that kills you is P2W, people that cleared a dungeon faster than you is P2W, didn't you know that's the w2w logic here?

I just screwed a whining FM numerous time on whirlwind valley, I'm expecting dude to make a 'review' post in forum sooner or later.

And to be honest, is it even hard to get a proper PvP soulshield by now?

7 hours ago, Oupy said:

why shouldn't i have boxes like every p2w  player out there , or because i refused to pay crap for ncsoft   makes me less of a customer , that's why i shouldn't do it ? 

no make it pvp equalised  so p2w  wont effect pvp  players , that's how it will be fair for everybody not only me  but everybody 

Well if you don't pay for crap you're not a customer lol

8 hours ago, Oupy said:

because i refused to pay crap for ncsoft   makes me less of a customer

Acutally, yes - You are less of a customer. NC doesn't give a crap about the customers who never pay. You're there to give the people who do pay someone to play with. 

5 hours ago, Napping said:

This is the only MMORPG I've seen so far where equalized-gear pvp is even a thing.

Guess you never played GW2

2 hours ago, Zerecas said:

^Everything that kills you is P2W, people that cleared a dungeon faster than you is P2W, didn't you know that's the w2w logic here?

I just screwed a whining FM numerous time on whirlwind valley, I'm expecting dude to make a 'review' post in forum sooner or later.

I think as i said the prob is not p2w. It just is balancing.

For example (just AP Values - CritDeff Almost 0 Overall):

Team 1:

Team 2:

Now guess which team is the winner ;-).

Why is it always the usual ten who is descend in mass to stump for devs but eh whatever. I see no problem in equalizing the gear so many of you all say get good well GET GOOD I don't know how equalizing gear will affect your game experience. Stop pushing against the majority of people who want this change and scaring off new people with your disparaging comments.

Just now, Eileithia said:

haha.. So true.  There's no reason to EVER have PVP be gear based.  The whole point of PVP is to test skill against skill, not time/money against time/money.

Most of the people saying they want it to stay gear based are the ones sitting between 600-700AP

Exactly they were upset over weapon upgrade decrease now they mad over gear being equalized lol things that shouldn't bother them affect them greatly

Just now, CrimsonKitsune said:

so many of you all say get good well GET GOOD 

haha.. So true.  There's no reason to EVER have PVP be gear based.  The whole point of PVP is to test skill against skill, not time/money against time/money.

Most of the people saying they want it to stay gear based are the ones sitting between 600-700AP

9 minutes ago, Eileithia said:

There's no reason to EVER have PVP be gear based.  The whole point of PVP is to test skill against skill, not time/money against time/money.

Using that logic there's no reason to ever have PVE be gear based either

Just now, CrimsonKitsune said:

Sir that is soo off point, You are trying to spin something and you're failing at it how does PVE which the main identifier for it is how strong your character is be compared to a duel setting man vs man. How can a mode specifically designed to be different need ultra gear?  

It isn't designed to be different. It is designed to be how the developers designed it to be and they designed it to be gear dependant. 

4 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Sir that is soo off point, You are trying to spin something and you're failing at it how does PVE which the main identifier for it is how strong your character is be compared to a duel setting man vs man. How can a mode specifically designed to be different need ultra gear?  

8 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Actually there is.  PVE has a clear progression path increasing dungeons in difficulty and reward. You need to clear the lower ones to be able to clear the harder ones. The only changes that happen in PVP is who you're paired against. PVP should be about testing player SKILL against player SKILL.  The increase in difficulty should come from fighting people who are just better than you are, not someone who's no-life'd or whale'd the game.

22 minutes ago, Eileithia said:

And most qqing about it are people lower than 500 AP and no crit defense SS, whats the point of having SS with PVP stats if there's barely worthy OWPVP content? 

Again, this BG applies like PvE, if you don't have the gear to do it, don't join. But if we all keep demanding Gear equalized, why no do the same with the dungeons? mecha is more important than an useless stat right? No.

2 minutes ago, Eileithia said:

PVP should be about testing player SKILL against player SKILL.  The increase in difficulty comes from fighting people who are just better than you are.

No that is your opinion. There are 100s of games where gear matters for PVP so that cannot possibly be a rule. If you want gear equalisation you have arena. If you want to use your gear that you worked for and put some thought into tailoring your stats to exactly how you want them to be you have 6 v 6. BNS isn't a moba. 

4 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

No that is your opinion. There are 100s of games where gear matters for PVP so that cannot possibly be a rule. If you want gear equalisation you have arena. If you want to use your gear that you worked for and put some thought into tailoring your stats to exactly how you want them to be you have 6 v 6. BNS isn't a moba. 

You're forgetting, that's the point of this topic.  6v6 is an arena, only you have objectives - it's not open world like SSP/Misty etc where you're fighting NPC's as well as players.  As far as tailoring your stats etc - that's what the knowledge book is for ;)

15 minutes ago, Kylen said:

And most qqing about it are people lower than 500 AP and no crit defense SS, whats the point of having SS with PVP stats if there's barely worthy OWPVP content? 

Again, this BG applies like PvE, if you don't have the gear to do it, don't join. But if we all keep demanding Gear equalized, why no do the same with the dungeons? mecha is more important than an useless stat right? No.

Honestly - I'd be happy if gear was equalized in PVE based on the dungeon you're in and having an actual unlock progression. I'd also like having dungeons increase in difficulty from mechanics, not enrage timers, which are just a cheap gear check mechanic inherited from past MMOs.  And before you say I'm all QQ sub 400AP bitching about getting wtfpwnd. I'm sitting at 574 right now and can hold my own TYVM :)

lets face it atm whirlwind valley is a fcking joke, if they want it gear dependent fair enough but at least try balance the teams because its just not fun unless your a no lifer or gold buyer. it seems crazy that the people benefiting the most from whirlwind valley are the people who already have everything.

7 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

lets face it atm whirlwind valley is a fcking joke, if they want it gear dependent fair enough but at least try balance the teams because its just not fun unless your a no lifer or gold buyer. it seems crazy that the people benefiting the most from whirlwind valley are the people who already have everything.

How could they balance it? they added ranks now, so those "whales"  will get another whale, just give it time

7 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

it seems crazy that the people benefiting the most from whirlwind valley are the people who already have everything.

It's the same in Mushin F14-15 and SSP.  Need gear to get the stuff you need to get gear.. very dumb system.

There is no reason for WWV to be equalized and it will never be equalized. Please just stop complaining . it is not a arena for one. It is a Battleground, so it is different. 1v1 is equalized and 3v3 is equalized.  There is also a new 3v3 coming to NA eventually which is equalized. Leave 6v6 alone. It is only day 3 of the patch. The gear balance is fine, Honestly you should know not to go into 6v6 without some crit defense.. Give it is time honestly people stop asking for equalized. Gear doesn't equal skill.  As the so called geared people get higher in ranks. You will see people who are lower geared and around the same ap as each other get matched. So again please give it time they are balancing it. Just never will equalize it

6 hours ago, Zerecas said:

It couldn't have been me I mean I've won all my matches to date so far, although I haven't been in much. Also I see you're still upset over the upgrade cost reduction its ok the majority won.

Archived