Whirlwind Valley Equalized Gear?

iokunn

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I don't mind going up against a high geared player but when the teams are so unbalanced and you are against 4 700+ guys it's impossible. Why not add some more requirements for a party. Take the total ap and total crit defense or something. Balance each side better and this will be more fun. 

16 minutes ago, PsyFu said:

Look I don't mind going up against a high geared player but when the teams are so unbalanced and you are against 4 700+ guys it's impossible. Why not add some more requirements for a party. Take the total ap and total crit defense or something. Balance each side better and this will be more fun. 

It already is better since you cant queue with a full premade party anymore.

Additionally people know it is a pvp battleground, so they should not go in without a pvp soulshield set. If they do not have it thats on them. you can have 750 AP but if you crit defense / defense / piercing / accuracy is shitty, you will die even to  a 550 AP player.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

It already is better since you cant queue with a full premade party anymore.

Additionally people know it is a pvp battleground, so they should not go in without a pvp soulshield set. If they do not have it thats on them. you can have 750 AP but if you crit defense / defense / piercing / accuracy is shitty, you will die even to  a 550 AP player.

Actually you can get a FM with 750ap, you being BD with 400ap, you'll faceroll anything without worries, just air combo once and FM burns 70% of a guy with 700 ap and pvp soulshields, i've seen it in action, it's mind-blowing.

Actually you might even oneshot him without needing the brazier buff, probably depends on crits.

Then again on a 1v1 you might lose against a better player but since you can duo que it's not that hard to faceroll.

Even worse scenario summoner and FM , both 700ap, queuing; good luck getting their brazier, if you are melee just go afk.

Talking about being 550ap guy.

this 6v6 is nonsense , make it equalised gear and get over with it already , this 1-2 shooting in an aircombo is a crap gameplay , just make everything related to pvp gear equalised at least in arena and battleground 

You do realise that 6 v 6 isn't about 1 v 1s right?

If you are a 400AP BD with low or zero crit def trying to take on a 750AP with 50%+ crit def on your own, then that is just not smart. That's like complaining that a 400AP BD can't solo Yeti! Also it takes more than one tower to actually win a match. If there are 2 700+ AP people guarding a tower go and cap the other 2. Team co-ordination and a good understanding of what the other non-AP stats are and what they do are more useful here.

I think the unequalised gear stuff is fine especially now that they have nerfed pre-mades. The problem with the equalised stats in Arena is that some people haven't realised that they have stats and that they actually do stuff!

6 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

If you are a 400AP BD with low or zero crit def trying to take on a 750AP with 50%+ crit def on your own, then that is just not smart. That's like complaining that a 400AP BD can't solo Yeti! Also it takes more than one tower to actually win a match. If there are 2 700+ AP people guarding a tower go and cap the other 2. Team co-ordination and a good understanding of what the other non-AP stats are and what they do are more useful here.

I think the unequalised gear stuff is fine especially now that they have nerfed pre-mades. The problem with the equalised stats in Arena is that some people haven't realised that they have stats and that they actually do stuff!

Exactly this.

Also to point out the whole idea of the Whirlwind Valley is to allow players to use their own gear, that ones one of the things players wanted. Since gear only mattered in PVE, they wanted a battleground to have their own sets and to PVP in groups.

9 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

It is not smart, BUT if you as a 400 AP guy, queue against a team composed of 6 650+ AP guys with pvp soulshields, you can have an IQ of N+1 and still be able to do nothing cause RNG decided to put you against 6 OP guys to you. So you go afk? I see that as the only viable option honestly.

PS: Not complaining just saying.

8 minutes ago, Sikanda said:

It is not smart, BUT if you as a 400 AP guy, queue against a team composed of 6 650+ AP guys with pvp soulshields, you can have an IQ of N+1 and still be able to do nothing cause RNG decided to put you against 6 OP guys to you. So you go afk? I see that as the only viable option honestly.

PS: Not complaining just saying.

If the other 5 members of your team are also 400AP then fair enough. There really isn't much you can do there. Just chalk that one up to really bad luck. But if the rest of your team isn't then you shouldn't. A 400AP player can still stun/daze/knockdown/grab a 750AP player to help their other higher AP team mates.

Yesterday i have entered Whirwind Valley for the first time since a few months.

Suprisingly i had a pretty balanced matchup and we even won by like 50 points.

I will probably do this more often now since the new Lootchests you get form the daily is really worth it (already got 10 Stinger package after first chest opening).

55 minutes ago, Oupy said:

yeah very balanced , lool at noobs saying 6v6 is balanced , its actuaally crap sadly we are forced to do it for the loot chest

No one is forcing you to do it. If you dont like it then dont do it, its a free choice to run it, so dont say you are being forced because thats simply a lie and you know it.

why shouldn't i have boxes like every p2w  player out there , or because i refused to pay crap for ncsoft   makes me less of a customer , that's why i shouldn't do it ? 

no make it pvp equalised  so p2w  wont effect pvp  players , that's how it will be fair for everybody not only me  but everybody 

I dont like it either tbh, however i will do it just for the gem (and maybe costume :D)

But while im at it, i heard many times that u need the correct soul shield stats for it, atm i only have my be ido / Asura mix for pve ..

Anyone here could tell me which soul shield i should take for 6v6 then? And which stats i need on them? Maybe i can help out my party members a little more then C:

typical entitled attitude. i didn't work for anything but i want everything handed to me.

One of the daily quest there just requires you participate in matches and you'll still get boxes. So idk what you're complaining about?

Want to win for more boxes? Gear up like everyone else. Battleground isnt even all about damage. Just make a pvp set to survive, help stall/defend etc. You don't need to pay2win to make a cheap pvp set. To win battleground its more about teamwork than just zerging everyone you see.

--

Honestly this thread is just another blah blah i'm too lazy to gear but I still want to be competitive nonsense. There's already 2 modes for equalized pvp. There's a reason why battleground is located in F8 and not F9. It's PvE. At least you can't be kicked here for low ap like regular dungeons, so be grateful for that.

35 minutes ago, Oupy said:

why shouldn't i have boxes like every p2w  player out there , or because i refused to pay crap for ncsoft   makes me less of a customer , that's why i shouldn't do it ? 

no make it pvp equalised  so p2w  wont effect pvp  players , that's how it will be fair for everybody not only me  but everybody 

If you don't like it then don't do it then, besides equalising gear on it own does not actually make it fair anyway. You have HM level difference, skill point differences and HM skill differences too, so why aren't you asking for those to be equalised too?

34 minutes ago, TecoTek said:

Anyone here could tell me which soul shield i should take for 6v6 then? And which stats i need on them? Maybe i can help out my party members a little more then C:

Challenger and/or sparing soul shield from the tower of infinity. At least 3 of one of those would be good or ideally 3 of each if you can. Challenger is a random drop from the chest you get from floors 30+ and Sparing is a random drop from floors 20 to 29. Most people go for Naksun for the other 2 pieces. Fuse crit def and crit to those. You should aim for 50% crit and 50% crit def or above. 

On 8/25/2016 at 2:01 AM, iokunn said:

Is that possible? because right now that battleground belongs to the gold buyers. . . 

Never knew being well-geared meant I was a gold buyer even though I've/many others been playing from day 1.

Cause clearly it's impossible to get a Legendary weapon in 8 months or any gear over True Breeze/Awakened Oathbreaker in a couple of months.

23 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Challenger and/or sparing soul shield from the tower of infinity. At least 3 of one of those would be good or ideally 3 of each if you can. Challenger is a random drop from the chest you get from floors 30+ and Sparing is a random drop from floors 20 to 29. Most people go for Naksun for the other 2 pieces. Fuse crit def and crit to those. You should aim for 50% crit and 50% crit def or above. 

I think piercing is more important than crit in PvP. With high crit defense on your enemy you can't base your damage output on the rare crit you get and even if you crit that damage will be cripled as well. Piercing on the other hand will raise the damage of every hit on most targets (unless they have really low defense). 30-50% damage reduction def is not unusual.

If your skill build does not rely on crits to trigger go for piercing.

If you are not good at avoiding hits in PvP you should still prefer defensive over offensive stats.

4 minutes ago, Slyce said:

I think piercing is more important than crit in PvP. With high crit defense on your enemy you can't base your damage output on the rare crit you get and even if you crit that damage will be cripled as well. Piercing on the other hand will raise the damage of every hit on most targets (unless they have really low defense). 30-50% damage reduction def is not unusual.

If your skill build does not rely on crits to trigger go for piercing.

If you are not good at avoiding hits in PvP you should still prefer defensive over offensive stats.

The set bonuses from both Sparing and Challenger gives pretty decent pierce.

4 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

The set bonuses from both Sparing and Challenger gives pretty decent pierce.

I know. But If you have to decide between additional crit or piercing, in PvP piercing is still better in most cases.

Archived