Ken & Gen help

Natello

Hi guys,

I tried 4 man asura yesterday and I need some help on the first boss.

The team wanted me to solo Ken while the others went on Gen. After a while, Gen had 1% left so I knocked down Ken and he jumped to the other side. But the thing is.. he did not grab me to the other side. So when he jumped, I just stood there not knowing what to do. In the meantime, my team got wrecked by Ken. The water instakills me when I try to cross over so I didn't try. My teammates blamed me for some reason, while not explaining what I did wrong.  

Any tips? I am a destroyer btw.

You need to knockdown him after 3 AoEs (those that show sparkles when he's about to do it). After that he will jump and pull you unless you do iframe skill that that point. People on the other side SHOULD be able to stun or daze him at this point to prevent you from dying.

If they stun too fast (before you get pulled), you won't get pulled afterwards and doesn't matter "when" did you done the KD (whenever they are knocked down, they jump accross regardless of the number of stacks). Consequently, after wrecking a havoc, the (previously stunned boss) should return back to your side, unless the aggro is somehow switched (not sure about this though).

From my point of view, you've done nothing wrong, the fault was on theirs side (unless you iframed that grab which doesn't seem to be the cause as you describe it), preventing the boss from doing the pull properly. When that happens, you really can't do anything to help them out (I think only WL can somehow get accross, not sure how myself tho).

Lunakitty: As a BD myself, I tried and failed hard. That river doesn't give that 99% dmg only once, but multiple times so unless you are able to cross that river in say, 2 seconds (only iframe that makes you move freely and having unlimited hits), then you are pretty much dead. Maybe I did something wrong?

Can imagine assassin to use that flower of his, but for that he has to be at the other side before (which is doable) and not sure if that skill has some kind of time limit or not (aka if the flower mark can expire or is permanent).

30 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Assassins and blade dancers for sure are able to cross over the water but not sure about other classes.

I believe Summoner can cross as well with True Friend spec into 5 sec of invul. Gotta make sure not in combat and have no stickies else wouldn't make it either

FMs should be able to get across as well. Just SS, Q, E. I failed once (made it to the edge of the other side) probably because I didn't spec my SS to be 14m from the default 8m distance.

In reply to OP, as others have said, it shouldn't be your fault assuming you didn't iframe the grab.

1 hour ago, Natello said:

The team wanted me to solo Ken while the others went on Gen. After a while, Gen had 1% left so I knocked down Ken and he jumped to the other side. But the thing is.. he did not grab me to the other side. So when he jumped,

Two things may have happened for it not to grab you:

1. You iframe the pull.

2. Your teammates stunned it before it could grab you.

If party got wiped simply because you couldn't cross over, I'd say it was more than half their fault. Assuming these guys are 600AP+, they are more than capable of killing Goldie. Since Silver was already beaten, tank just chill running in circle and away from the Goldie so the rest can concentrate and burst it down. You can also 3 man Asura with 580AP+, so yeah assuming your pug is 600AP+ and they got wiped because one member got stuck, they have no right to point finger at anyone.

1 hour ago, Jitt said:

Lunakitty: As a BD myself, I tried and failed hard. That river doesn't give that 99% dmg only once, but multiple times so unless you are able to cross that river in say, 2 seconds (only iframe that makes you move freely and having unlimited hits), then you are pretty much dead. Maybe I did something wrong?

I cross it like this: stand on the edge of the water your back turned towards it. Use your Z that is the 5 time resist for 5 seconds. Then ss in the water, turn fast around and use Maelstrom.

The possibilities are:

• You iframed the grab.
  • They CC'd before he could grab you.
  • A Summoner, if they're present, immediately commanded their cat taunt so he grabbed the cat instead.

Unless you did iframe, there's no way the fault is on you and these people are just childishly deflecting blame.

13 hours ago, Jitt said:

Can imagine assassin to use that flower of his, but for that he has to be at the other side before (which is doable) and not sure if that skill has some kind of time limit or not (aka if the flower mark can expire or is permanent).

Assassin taps them with Throwing Dagger before they jump, and then uses Sneak Attack to teleport to Ken/Gen's back as they land on the other side. That's how we're moving all the way to you from the opposite end of arena.

I don't know why people think it's easier to have 1 on gen, when ken dies fast to 3 and gen is half dead to 1 by the time u send him over.

Anyway what happened was, when he jumped over, someone CCed him before he pulled you over, sometimes when this happens it causes an aggro reset, so he won't even jump back to your side. This was their fault, even if you iframed the grab, that doesn't cause an aggro reset, the boss will always leap across back to the aggro holder. His min range mechanic is basically, throw metallic stuff twice, then body slam aggro holder, hence how you can make them jump back to their own side. You did fine, your team was dumb.

26 minutes ago, Tsunakai said:

I don't know why people think it's easier to have 1 on gen, when ken dies fast to 3 and gen is half dead to 1 by the time u send him over.

The reason why 5-1/3-1 is more effective over 6-0/4-0 because both Ken/Gen gain 90% damage reduction for one whole minute on 4 stacks, thus extending the fight longer than it should be. With the one on the other side, they can just knock him over and reset his stacks so he has to start from scratch to gain a damage reduction buff.

You need both high DPS and lots of AoEs just to clear 6-0/4-0 without either reaching 4 stacks, and I've never seen any party do that.

14 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

The reason why 5-1/3-1 is more effective over 6-0/4-0 because both Ken/Gen gain 90% damage reduction for one whole minute on 4 stacks, thus extending the fight longer than it should be. With the one on the other side, they can just knock him over and reset his stacks so he has to start from scratch to gain a damage reduction buff.

You need both high DPS and lots of AoEs just to clear 6-0/4-0 without either reaching 4 stacks, and I've never seen any party do that.

thanks for not reading my post as usual

On 24-6-2016 at 10:53 PM, Elfgahr said:

Two things may have happened for it not to grab you:

1. You iframe the pull.

2. Your teammates stunned it before it could grab you.

If party got wiped simply because you couldn't cross over, I'd say it was more than half their fault. Assuming these guys are 600AP+, they are more than capable of killing Goldie. Since Silver was already beaten, tank just chill running in circle and away from the Goldie so the rest can concentrate and burst it down. You can also 3 man Asura with 580AP+, so yeah assuming your pug is 600AP+ and they got wiped because one member got stuck, they have no right to point finger at anyone.

Thank you all for the info guys, I'm going to try again.

On 6/24/2016 at 2:37 PM, Arkragon said:

FMs should be able to get across as well. Just SS, Q, E. I failed once (made it to the edge of the other side) probably because I didn't spec my SS to be 14m from the default 8m distance.

In reply to OP, as others have said, it shouldn't be your fault assuming you didn't iframe the grab.

for fm its so much easer to just spec tab into the 14m step back and just ss tab

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning the steam thing, I am also a destroyer, and I was able to get past it without taking damage by ssing backwards into it and then ccing through the rest. My stats aren't high, 528 AP and 61k HP, so I'm sure it is doable by you as well

On 6/24/2016 at 11:59 AM, Natello said:

Hi guys,

I tried 4 man asura yesterday and I need some help on the first boss.

The team wanted me to solo Ken while the others went on Gen. After a while, Gen had 1% left so I knocked down Ken and he jumped to the other side. But the thing is.. he did not grab me to the other side. So when he jumped, I just stood there not knowing what to do. In the meantime, my team got wrecked by Ken. The water instakills me when I try to cross over so I didn't try. My teammates blamed me for some reason, while not explaining what I did wrong.  

Any tips? I am a destroyer btw.

2 popular setup for Gen and Ken is either 3/3 or 0/6 (Gen/Ken respectively)

If you choose to do 3/3, make sure you have someone on your side has x2KD (with x2 Stun would be nice -- I will tell why). Just DPS Gen(or Ken) and try to avoid the poison goo that he throws. He throws pretty slow so you should be able to walk out of its range. Once your Gen(or Ken) get 3 stacks of def, both side has to do KD on their boss. Successful x2KD will cause them to leap and switch side which will remove their def stack. Next, and this is why I said x2 Stun would be nice, the boss will phantom grab whoever that is he has the agro on. At this point, whoever has x2Stun can stun him (after the grab before the slam) so he doesn't triple smash the person he just grabs. Keep doing this rotation till they die.

If you choose to do 0/6, it's more simple as you don't need to KD the boss. When you start on one the other will jump over to join the fight. All you have to do is DPS, avoid goo, and CC them as you see accordingly (Stun, Daze)

There is another set up which is 1/5. This set up a bit more risky since the person who is the lone wolf, will have to KD, and parry/dodge the grab. The fighting method is about the same as 3/3. This is a bit harder so not that many people do this. However, 0/6 is usually the most popular choice I have seen so far.

On 24/6/2016 at 10:34 PM, Jitt said:

As a fellow BD 

Passing to the other side is a piece of cake 

Press tab , then press F 

Congrats , you have immunity for 2seconds 

Move in the steam , then press X to rush on Ken/Gen 

EZPZ

Archived