Strike Gold

So, I log in today and see that I have a new Quest in the Quest Log! Nothing that I have picked up. Some sort of automatic quest/event given to me by the game...

Perhaps I misunderstood something but it seemed that this was an event for all Players in the game. Kind of a Daily Dash but with some action and a reasonably difficult but reachable goal?

STRIKE GOLD. "Speak with Anzhi in front of the Frozen Vipercap Cavern in Jadestone Village." Well, that is nowhere near where I am questing, (Highland Necropolis/Misty Woods), but sounds like it might be worth the time and Silver it will cost to check it out. (There was no such cavern there when I went through leveling characters twice before, so a new dungeon or event.

(You will see this announced in the Character Lobby on the left side of the screen.)

"Defeat the Giant GoldenDeathcaps in the  Frozen Vipercap Cavern." Says it's a Daily. No special symbols indicating that it is going to be TOO hard...and "Strike Gold" at least implies that it may be worthwhile...

It is timed. Not enough to defeat the NPCs but it has to be fast. Awesome. 5000 exp and 2 Mushrooms are your Base Reward. It says that you can exchange the Mushrooms for something. Not too confident about that. I received a similar Base reward in Sapphire Basin at FishBelly Pub during a "Festival." Head Wreaths/Laurel Wreaths that I was supposed to be able to exchange for an outfit or accessory and the NPC only had 2 items, both for Summoners. So, I'll believe that you'll get something for the Mushrooms when I see someone get something for them. And not just Summoners.

So...numerous mushrooms/toadstools, 29-30K HPs, in this dungeon that grab you. Similar to the ones on Songshi Isle around Claypaw Kennels. It appears that you can run through their grabs and eventually get by each one. Again, speed is important to get extra whatever, so try to get by, not waste too much time to beat them. You can see their area of grabbing as pink circles. Oh! The NPCs only ever went to 1 HP. They never died. So, beating them was not an option, apparently. Run around, through them.

Well, the Final Boss has 11 MILLION HIT POINTS. Again, there was nothing that indicated in the Quest Log that this was of such great difficulty. I have solo'ed the smaller World Bosses and Dungeon Bosses in The Cinderlands and done ones in Moonwater Plains with minimal help. I could be mistaken but NONE OF THEM had 11 MILLION HPs. Not even any of those Red Hearts were available, so that you could keep trying after a death. I would make a wild guess that at my AP it would take something like 9 players to have a chance. Probably double that number to guarantee victory. And for a whole 5000 exp. Oh, and 2 Mushrooms of dubious worth.

If the Boss had 1,100,000 HPs it would not be worth the effort, time wasted or minimal Silver spent getting there and going back to where I was questing. Perhaps if it had 110,000 HPs. If you have set up a quest that is only for Level 50, at max gear, and in large groups, then say so. I did not appreciate the wasted time or lost Silver. That Sucked. I can not say, "Thanks for nothing." It cost Time and Silver, so, thanks for the loss? 

Again, perhaps I misunderstood. The Quest was placed in my Quest Log unasked for. My mistake for thinking it was achievable? You really need something between the auto-pilot everyone can do it events like Daily Dash and this thing. Sorry, but 11 Million HPs just seems a bit excessive. Especially for the Base Reward offered. Perhaps you could sell NPCs that help defeat the Boss. (Do not do that.)

Your Surveys never allow for legitimate feedback-just multiple choice questions which are just about worthless, so I am feeding back here. Dial down the Boss or at least make the Rewards worth the effort. And FIX the Forums. STILL not able to log in on the first or second tries, with absolutely no indication of what the error is. And how about some dungeons that have an actual Solo Option? And no, I am not talking about going back to old ones and crushing dungeons that are well below your level. An actual Option to do a dungeon at the proper time, chapter and level, Solo. With Solo Equivalent Bosses and Rewards. And lord, fix the Crashing/Disconnecting  Screens, I mean the Loading Screens. Thank you, I feel better now. You're all doing very well.

Michelle 

58 minutes ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Vipercap event is for anyone over the level limit of 36. Attack power DOES NOT matter in this dungeon as it is made so that you dodge the small mushrooms and run to the end. There you will need to kill those tiny mushrooms and throw the poison at the boss. You are NOT supposed to kill it with normal methods. That's why party is needed as you should kill it as fast as possible so getting people to throw poison at the boss is important. You could ask for help in faction chat how to do dungeons if you feel like they are simply insane for you as you think this dungeon is for only level 50 people.

If you had read the event notes you would have known a bit more about the dungeon as they told this in there:

• Race through the dungeon, avoiding the grip attack of the Wild Golden Vipercaps along the way.
  • Defeat the Giant Golden Vipercap to stop the timer and collect your Cavern Fungus event currency.

LMFAO, I've team up with some lv 37 player who can do this dungeon and win 3 chests and u're sitting there expecting to get everything on a silver platter. 

I died from Junghado 7 times before I able to defeat him, how about I ask NC to scale his hp down to 1???

This post is probably the best thing to come out of these forums in quite a long time. I haven't laughed this hard since some guy on the FFXIV forums wanted 20 seconds of full immunity in PVP if he died too many times in a row.

A+ would lol again.

Archived