So where's the rest of the story?

Nilkemios

I was at least hoping for the conclusion to Act 1 in the Shattered Empire Update, what with things seemingly heading to a showdown between those loyal to the true Emperor versus the ones that had sided with Jinsoyun.

But, well....they apparently decided that all we should get for now are a few more dungeons that most cannot do, and a few more floors to Mushin's Tower, that again, most probably can't do either.

Oh, and quite a few new store outfits too. Some of them are quite nice, admittedly. But not enough to make me spend money on them.

And, then there's this video :

It's even got English subtitles and voice overs!....which implies that the NA/EU version is at best a modified version of TW's client....

So NCSoft, what excuse do you have for not giving us the whole of Act 1 by now? Or the Chi Master (which people have confirmed is actually in the client too, by the way)? Do you really think holding back on it is going to make people stick around in anticipation? I doubt that. But that's my opinion on the matter.

Sigh...so much potential being wasted.

@OP, calm down, things are already being rushed to the point that all the gold buyers are stomping everyone else.

@Duh, the game was released more than 3 years ago but you're right in your point - things need to be slowed down a bit more, not rushed.

I don't think you guys realized what op was actually complaining about. We skipped with the update. We were supposed to get a few other things and bit of story that would LEAD US to cold storage and asura dungeon. They skipped that part and jumped straight to the next.. So the story ATM makes no sense, I don't want to explain more to avoid spoilers but in short we got these new dungeons to get legendaries in game already without getting the previous part that send us there from the first place

It's anyone's guess what's fueling this rush to catch up to Korea which, btw, is leading to more problems than solving them. Though the popular theory seems to be this companies desire to cash in on E-sports, (a laughably absurd notion given this games sorry PvP state, hax and all, but I digress.) 

However whatever the case may be, it's a fairly safe bet that rushing content in order for us to catch up for lore/story purposes is not a priority to them. So, you might be waiting a bit.

4 hours ago, xSonatax said:

I don't think you guys realized what op was actually complaining about. We skipped with the update. We were supposed to get a few other things and bit of story that would LEAD US to cold storage and asura dungeon. They skipped that part and jumped straight to the next.. So the story ATM makes no sense, I don't want to explain more to avoid spoilers but in short we got these new dungeons to get legendaries in game already without getting the previous part that send us there from the first place

BOOM!! so on point glad someone else notice this

The op is correct in the sense that ASURA is actually FURTHER in the story than we actually are lol. I dont understand either why they gave us asura & cold storage when the next part of the story takes place BEFORE the events of those dungeons..

Archived