New Idea. Real Players with power

TeGeek

So this idea is giving more power to certain player. tho its not going to be random people or so. im suggesting in this idea that ncsoft should start recuiting/hiring(depending which word is more suiting) players to either be able to direct contact any gm or putting temporary ban on hackers/bots etc to reduce and help with the ingame problems that all servers are facing atm. tho to make this task simple and easier to get around this work that the player is doing should be considered "charity" or with other works not a paying job. with this they could get alot of more manpower against the bots and hackers without having to put in more resources. which is probably the reason they dont get more people to work on this.

The recuiting process itself could work in many diffrent ways and im sure ncsoft could come up with a way of that

So with this idea more people and specificly players to help and reduce the amount of botters and hackers ingame, while not having to put in more resources.

like to hear your thought on this so leave an answer on this telling what you think of this and what could be changed for better ways.

this please.

I seen games with volunteers that try to moderate and help out when a player has questions. it's a good system for the game itself. However, for the player who signs up, it isn't. They would lose play time because they would be obligated to respond to all the questions that are asked. AS for power, i don't think they should be given any power. It sounds like a good idea until someone gets said power and starts banning random people. Best they can do is report bots so they get banned faster, and have a first person view at bugs. For payment, they can get payed with Ncoin.

Plus 1 for this

This was done in my previous mmo, Volunteers were screened and had minimal powers but acted as assistants to gms, (does this game have in game gms?) These players were obligated to devote so many hours per week or month but they were given free game time and other perks. I don't recall them being very helpful though. Mostly got answers like "I am sorry there is nothing I can do"

With this idea im more aiming for the assistance in helping with the bots and hackers atm but it could be widened for more stuff as time goes on. Since bots and hackers seems to be the biggest problem, The power they get if they even get any should be ofc resticted and i think the direct contact with a gm would be better so they could instantly more or less get rid of the problem.

Well, if you play FF11 back when its on it own glory day.

Square Enix actually hire player to be in game GM to answer, help with general question and some in game issue like quest bugs. They're play game like everyone of us but they can become GOD MODE when and where they are needed to investigate the incident reported by players. THEY DO HAVE POWER TO BAN ANYONE ON THE FLY!

This is a fine idea..I have seen this being applied in some other game and they would promote some people from the community to  what they called "GS" or "Game Sage"..

However,it didn't work well as you think it would..

Well,I will explain:

-First of all,I found that other company that applied this system to be better than NCSoft in terms of overall service and listening to players' feedback.

-However,this company still didn't supervise those "GS" they hired at first place to report the bots,hackers and any illegal conduct or even passing player's feedback to them and they didn't reward the good GS nor punish the bad ones..

-Moreover,it seems they started to choose GS among applicants depending on who pays more or so I guess since their last GS choice was of someone whom my whole server hated because,he was a drama queen as well as some other GS choices that were definitely not the best worth of this title.

-Some of those GS staff were actually good and positive and always tried to help..However,pity they seem to have never got rewarded.Hence,discouraging some of them to contribute more to the community except those who are doing it for the love of the game.

-As I said before,they chose a GS that was hated by almost our whole server back then and he seems to have paid alot before he got chosen as GS which would be seen on his gear..This GS later starts to pick on other people he had problems with before..He has power now and he is GS so he biches with others all he wants..Some people actually started to defend him as well just for having higher powers.

-I later told the GMs there about it and they told me they would talk to him..Idk if they did but it took sometimes till he stopped bugging me..That GS would sometimes kick me from dungeons if we happen to randomly end up being in same party  claiming that was  because,I was same class as him and he doesn't anyone else rolling for that class gear..Ofc,all party accepted party vote to kick me because,he is GS and I had a friend partied with me for that dungeon but she decides to continue dungeon with him till so he won't pick up on her later and I understood..

-Note:GMs there were actually pretty nice and used to host events in game and could see them in towns sometimes and talk to players etc not like the GMs here that I never saw in game even once since I started playing this game.

Conclusion:What I wanna say is without proper supervision and accurate choice of those higher authority players,they will hurt the game more instead of helping it if not by using their position to bully others then it will be by slacking which would make others angry and might quit because of the "if he is slacking then why wasn't I chosen?I would have done better" thought which makes them feel game is being unfair hence even more complaints on forums as well and more drama while bots,hackers etc will stay there and prosper..

The good bunch will have no authority but to report those bots to the GMs..They can't ban..So far,the bots seem not to decrease at all but they are actually increasing..Even speed hackers etc seem not to be banned although they seem to have been reported by many people and even got forum posts complaining of them not being banned after waiting very long time..

Not to mention the higher amount of people getting their accounts hacked even those with 2 step verification etc..

It is a good suggestion but its not a good time nor place for it..Imo,it would cause just more trouble in this game's case because,such system requires a company that is actually willing to work hard and supervise those they chose to have higher authority.

Better companies couldn't manage such system well..Let alone this one. :(

That's just my opinion and based on my own experience..

19 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

This is a fine idea..I have seen this being applied in some other game and they would promote some people from the community to  what they called "GS" or "Game Sage"..

Sounds a lot like what aura kingdom had, they were also called game sages and the drama was the same.

Greetings, community.

@Oxygen, I actually like the idea of Game Sage, and here is my proposed way of trying to implement it in the game; since each server is technically divided into two factions each, Crimson and Cereal (Sorry, proud Crimson here), how about you have each side... in a way, elect their Game Sage? While granted, that will open doors to bribery and some kind of votes and potential forum posts with (VOTE ME FOR GAME SAGE PLOX), I'm sure if we can somehow come up with ideas for an organized, in a way, "election", we can in a sense ensure that each faction choose the gamer who would represent their concerns and report to the moderators of Blade and Soul. I don't know, what are your thoughts on this, community? 

45 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

However,it didn't work well as you think it would..

Well,I will explain:

-First of all,I found that other company that applied this system to be better than NCSoft in terms of overall service and listening to players' feedback.

-However,this company still didn't supervise those "GS" they hired at first place to report the bots,hackers and any illegal conduct or even passing player's feedback to them and they didn't reward the good GS nor punish the bad ones..

-Moreover,it seems they started to choose GS among applicants depending on who pays more or so I guess since their last GS choice was of someone whom my whole server hated because,he was a drama queen as well as some other GS choices that were definitely not the best worth of this title.

-Some of those GS staff were actually good and positive and always tried to help..However,pity they seem to have never got rewarded.Hence,discouraging some of them to contribute more to the community except those who are doing it for the love of the game.

-As I said before,they chose a GS that was hated by almost our whole server back then and he seems to have paid alot before he got chosen as GS which would be seen on his gear..This GS later starts to pick on other people he had problems with before..He has power now and he is GS so he biches with others all he wants..Some people actually started to defend him as well just for having higher powers.

-I later told the GMs there about it and they told me they would talk to him..Idk if they did but it took sometimes till he stopped bugging me..That GS would sometimes kick me from dungeons if we happen to randomly end up being in same party  claiming that was  because,I was same class as him and he doesn't anyone else rolling for that class gear..Ofc,all party accepted party vote to kick me because,he is GS and I had a friend partied with me for that dungeon but she decides to continue dungeon with him till so he won't pick up on her later and I understood..

-Note:GMs there were actually pretty nice and used to host events in game and could see them in towns sometimes and talk to players etc not like the GMs here that I never saw in game even once since I started playing this game.

Conclusion:What I wanna say is without proper supervision and accurate choice of those higher authority players,they will hurt the game more instead of helping it if not by using their position to bully others then it will be by slacking which would make others angry and might quit because of the "if he is slacking then why wasn't I chosen?I would have done better" thought which makes them feel game is being unfair hence even more complaints on forums as well and more drama while bots,hackers etc will stay there and prosper..

The good bunch will have no authority but to report those bots to the GMs..They can't ban..So far,the bots seem not to decrease at all but they are actually increasing..Even speed hackers etc seem not to be banned although they seem to have been reported by many people and even got forum posts complaining of them not being banned after waiting very long time..

Not to mention the higher amount of people getting their accounts hacked even those with 2 step verification etc..

It is a good suggestion but its not a good time nor place for it..Imo,it would cause just more trouble in this game's case because,such system requires a company that is actually willing to work hard and supervise those they chose to have higher authority.

Better companies couldn't manage such system well..Let alone this one. :(

That's just my opinion and based on my own experience..

what went wrong in the situation you explained is that the company decided to give player to much power ingame and not following up that with supervising these GS enough. which is the companies fault. the idea can be handled many diffrent ways and the way to select these people can also be handled in diffrent ways. And with feedback like this before they start up a system making players be able to help gms they can see what has gone wrong at other places and how to improve their own way of the idea.

12 minutes ago, Speras said:

Greetings, community.

@Oxygen, I actually like the idea of Game Sage, and here is my proposed way of trying to implement it in the game; since each server is technically divided into two factions each, Crimson and Cereal (Sorry, proud Crimson here), how about you have each side... in a way, elect their Game Sage? While granted, that will open doors to bribery and some kind of votes and potential forum posts with (VOTE ME FOR GAME SAGE PLOX), I'm sure if we can somehow come up with ideas for an organized, in a way, "election", we can in a sense ensure that each faction choose the gamer who would represent their concerns and report to the moderators of Blade and Soul. I don't know, what are your thoughts on this, community? 

this idea could work but also as you mention go really bad. having players choose who should be able to have this kind of power instead of ncsoft themself would just lead to people with bots just make more bots so that they can elect themself into the person with power and abuse it from there.

7 minutes ago, Speras said:

Greetings, community.

What will encourage them to "do their work" when there is no supervision from GMs?

I don't think NCSoft would have the patience to supervise them nor deal with them if many people reported one not being as good as they thought they would be..

Evidence is they haven't banned many "Obvious" hackers be it summoner hackers or speed ones etc that have been reported yet..

Even if some GS works and reports many bots etc..The problem still stands..Players are already reporting the hackers and the bots but do they get banned?if not then why not?

All the answer lies within NCSoft..They take the decision to ban..

If they give some players the power to ban,it can become pretty catastrophic unless they are willing to supervise them..

By catastrophic,I mean really catastrophic,really bad because,they might simply ban a player from other faction because,they ganged them and killed them in OWPVP or in arena or ban a player in dungeon because,they rolled high on an item they needed...

Not only that but they can also get hacked and whoever hacks them might ban other innocent players and use their powers..Remember,those will be normal players after all so they are vulnerable to get their account hacked..Evidence,check the forum posts,many people getting hacked recently. :(

It is a NICE idea and could work fine but not here,imo. :(

I feel it would reversely affect this game if it is applied here.

If the company itself won't be willing to cooperate and work hard on it,don't even dream about it being successful because,players don't have the real power in the game,they will need good help from GMs.

We don't really have GM or GS's to help monitor in game things or interact with players within the game or holding events (that aren't for spending money but little events that I've seen from other games held by GM/GS's).

All we have are the Community Managers...which I find it really sad :l

Actual "GM"s are working behind the support desk LOL As you can see from your support ticket replies, they refer to themselves as "GM ______" so I guess that's where our GMs are...

9 minutes ago, TeGeek said:

what went wrong in the situation you explained is that the company decided to give player to much power ingame and not following up that with supervising these GS enough. which is the companies fault. the idea can be handled many diffrent ways and the way to select these people can also be handled in diffrent ways. And with feedback like this before they start up a system making players be able to help gms they can see what has gone wrong at other places and how to improve their own way of the idea.

this idea could work but also as you mention go really bad. having players choose who should be able to have this kind of power instead of ncsoft themself would just lead to people with bots just make more bots so that they can elect themself into the person with power and abuse it from there.

They didn't give the GS any special powers except for their honorary title "GS" next to their names. :)

People however naturally gave them that power because of their title which made others fear them..However,they couldn't ban etc..Some players would defend said GS even if they were wrong because,they are GS and they think opposing a GS might get them banned though that is not true as they didn't have authority to ban.

Do you think NCSoft would do any much better if they applied this system?

Their current work compared to the other company tells me no (they might do even worse) but you never know..

Still,I personally wouldn't risk to make the game experience more horrible than it is for a chance for it to get better if the system is successful "if the company is willing to work hard and supervise"...Specially,considering this risk is actually high based on my experience with NCSoft so far. :)

They need to be a team, that has to vote an individual to be temp banned for a day. One normal player shouldn't have too much power. They're not getting paid, they have no reason to not abuse their power. Maybe 10 individuals per shift. So 30 players per server. A vote would require 7/10 to agree. The selection should be made by 6/10 the community and 4/10 by the gms.

10 hours ago, Hongmoon said:

They need to be a team, that has to vote an individual to be temp banned for a day. One normal player shouldn't have too much power. They're not getting paid, they have no reason to not abuse their power. Maybe 10 individuals per shift. So 30 players per server. A vote would require 7/10 to agree. The selection should be made by 6/10 the community and 4/10 by the gms.

i like this addition to the idea with a team of several normal players and real workers from ncsoft. tho for it to work good the contact between all the people needs to be direct and available more or less 24/7 so every1 is updated with events on the server and is not missing out on info that the other people in the team has. But the amount of gms per team is probably going to be lower but they are going to be the leader of the team.

I like the idea. But I also think that it's a hard idea to execute. Especially with NCSoft. Game Sages should be people who are passionate about the game, grown-up people who won't let emotions cloud their judgement (like, 'oh no, he outbid me on a loot that is rightfully mine so I'm gonna ban him') and people with integrity. And for that, they would probably need to run multiple interviews with said people in order to determine if said people are really what they say they are. Furthermore, they should also listen on the feedback from other players as to wether the player is good or not. Not to mention, having a trial period for a said player would also be good. See where I'm going with this? If not, that's a hell lot of a work for someone who is just going to volunteer in the game and I am not very inclined to believe NCSoft has any intention to do that for their player-base.

On topic, though, I can clearly see how well this system would work, with the right people. We wouldn't even need GS titles, imo, because these volunteers should work like secret agents in the community. People who cheat or bot or indulge in illegal activities wouldn't be able to spot those players and would get banned. Also, I see some items (like costumes or a batch of gold every month or so, whatever actually suits the company) as a suitable payment for those players who do the good work. That's how it works in real world and trust me, I did some volunteering so I know how it works. But, as I've said, it's highly unlikely for NCSoft to do this as they care only about money.

no, the idea is extremely terrible. Take it from someone who has played many multiplayer online games even before MMOs exist and also many MMOs. The keyword here is corruption. If i have to elaborate my experience, it will be at least 1 essay long. The amount of corruption i have seen and experienced is just way too much for me just to think about it, for i also witness their punishment and also was a recipient of their corrupted powers.

Based on my experience, in all the games i have played, even players who has slightly more power but less then GMs abuse their power in 1 way or another by influencing someone with more power then them since they will end up making friends with each other at some point. Pay someone well to do it. Players who are not paid and anonymous are definitely not an option.

4 minutes ago, DriftingSoul said:

no, the idea is extremely terrible. Take it from someone who has played multiplayer online games and many MMOs. The keyword here is corruption. If i have to elaborate my experience, it will be at least 1 essay long. The amount of corruption i have seen and experienced is just way too much for me just to think about it, for i also witness their punishment and also was a recipient of their corrupted powers.

Based on my experience, in all the games i have played, even players who has slightly more power but less then GMs abuse their power in 1 way or another by influencing someone with more power then them since they will end up making friends with each other at some point. Pay someone well to do it. Players who are not paid and anonymous are definitely not an option.

if you would have read the whole post you probably would have seen that an option could be that they only have direct contact with gms so they are more like messangers between ingame to the gms. so that the cases goes direcly to a gm and so that the gm can look at it. this wouldt invole giving these people power, and since the gm would be the one to decide the punishment and if there is going to be a punishment the player cant rly corurpt stuff. and if for some reason they would abuse it somehow by for exemple just troll sending in report direct to the gm that player would get punished instead.

3 minutes ago, TeGeek said:

if you would have read the whole post you probably would have seen that an option could be that they only have direct contact with gms so they are more like messangers between ingame to the gms. so that the cases goes direcly to a gm and so that the gm can look at it. this wouldt invole giving these people power, and since the gm would be the one to decide the punishment and if there is going to be a punishment the player cant rly corurpt stuff. and if for some reason they would abuse it somehow by for exemple just troll sending in report direct to the gm that player would get punished instead.

it wouldn't matter, what you said and possibly almost what you can think of, i have experienced. Guess what? in some of the games, these people end up influencing the GMs and the GM wrongfully ban the player even though all of us agree there is just no evidence of using hacks in the forums. I have just seen it in all kinds of forms,  waaaay too much, waaay too many complaints to simply conclude it is a terrible idea, not even worth discussing.

Players reporting to GMs. *shakes head*

4 minutes ago, DriftingSoul said:

it wouldn't matter, what you said and possibly almost what you can think of, i have experienced. Guess what? in some of the games, these people end up influencing the GMs and the GM wrongfully ban the player even though all of us agree there is just no evidence of using hacks in the forums. I have just seen it in all kinds of forms,  waaaay too much, waaay too many complaints to simply conclude it is a terrible idea, not even worth discussing.

Players reporting to GMs. *shakes head*

if you think this idea is so worthless and not even worth trying. i would love to hear what you think should be done to the bots and hackers. since the current report bots is really slow and doesnt seem to be effective.

18 minutes ago, TeGeek said:

if you think this idea is so worthless and not even worth trying. i would love to hear what you think should be done to the bots and hackers. since the current report bots is really slow and doesnt seem to be effective.

it can be done. You don't even need to report it, i am now playing an old MMO that doesn't even have a report function has gotten rid of all the bots in the game. Well, maybe not all, since i dont survey the whole game area, but definitely most of the places i have been there was practically NONE. Before in the main city they have massive amount of bots with many alphabets jumping all around, but when they update their anti bot system and ban bots manually and severely, there wasn't anymore.

I do not know how they did it, but i do know some of their methods but i am amazed. I will not share those methods tho, since i work as a support IT for a living and i know a little bit about these things, unless of course, i am being paid to do so :) If you were to ask me, as long as we have someone on the other end who ban bots, this will not be a problem. Don't blame the system in place, a good sword is only good if the person who uses it is good. :) A long time ago, i used cheat engine to speedhack in WoW just to level up since the leveling was slow and i was banned in less then 10 mins. Nobody reported me, for the record since i was in an isolated area in a low pop server called altar of storms.

Anyway, TeGeek, i guess you might have bns interest in heart, the bot situation is a bit out of hand and 15 years ago, i probably agreed with you this would have been a good idea as it "looks" good. But after all the experience, unfair treatment that i went through it is just way too painful for me to conclude its not even an idea worth discussing.

Archived