Why everyone is quiting

eric11zhao

I like the game, I will continue to play the game however, I refuse to give ncsoft a single penny of my own money anymore. There's a lot of wrong with the game and it's driving me crazy. When I say that, it's not so much as the game itself but what ncsoft has done so far.

Anyways, I don't consider myself a hardcore player although, I also don't consider myself a casual. I farm as much as possible and after all this farming, I barely have enough to probably upgrade my weapon, it's insane.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Saoyara said:

I just love how people like you tends to complain and try to become the smartest person, claiming this and that when you neither have numbers to proof yourself neither facts.

[moderated content]. ppl who played on other localisations can tell u for sure that wesstern one is bad s fak. if u dont believe any of these ppl just go on twitch and look for praetor19 - he streams playing bns on kr servers from NY. the funniest thing is that he plays on a toaster and gets decent preformance. hes gameplay way too smooth comparing to ours.

20 minutes ago, Velast said:

[moderated content] . ppl who played on other localisations can tell u for sure that wesstern one is bad s fak. if u dont believe any of these ppl just go on twitch and look for praetor19 - he streams playing bns on kr servers from NY. the funniest thing is that he plays on a toaster and gets decent preformance. hes gameplay way too smooth comparing to ours.

You definetly have no idea what I was talking about, but hey tell me that when you get banned "bruh". 

PS: bother to read the quote instead of coming with offtopic stuff, k thx bye.

36 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Ah, you are one of those people - Who might have spend quite a lot of money on this game and just do not want to accept the fact the number of players is declining pretty quick....Just leaving my reply from another thread for you -

So, yeah...If you still believe that BnS is successfully attracting new players, you are in for a surprise in a few months. Keep believing that "People come and go". Every single day passes by and I see new bots and hackers in Soulstone Plains. Instead of newer players leveling up and playing SSP, everyday there is a new bot farming Injured Soldiers and Meteors, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I have reported every single one of them everyday, multiple times a day. But who cares? They are still running rampant, the same exact bots on both Ceru and Crimson sides for the last 10 days.

You want proof? I will provide you a video once I have the time to upload it.

I have spent some money on the same, ofc. I dont mind supporting a game i play that i have fun playing with, and in BnS i have fun, lots of it, despite hackers and bots, because you know....couldnt care less, bots i just block and hackers i just report and thats it for me, i dont let that dictate whether i like a game or not, since i like it because i get to play with my friends and with my bf and its a load of fun.

What you fail to see is that more crying threads about the same issues wont change a thing. If others let such small things get to them enough to make em quit well then bye, no one will hold your hand back, and as much as frustrating bots are and hackers, most issues are caused by players themselves (example afk dungeons or afk in arena, says enough right? at least bots do try to fight).

Plus i dont care if it attracts players or not, if i would have to worry about that and cry i would be dryer than the desert by now.

Point is if you rather rant about "minor" stuff (because lets face it, a bot doesnt harm you in any way, except that maybe annoying spam, hackers in SSP, well....you loose some prestige thats it, you can still get the rewards in other means) and let that cloud your ways of enjoying the game, then you shouldnt be here.

39 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Ah, you are one of those people - Who might have spend quite a lot of money on this game and just do not want to accept the fact the number of players is declining pretty quick....Just leaving my reply from another thread for you -

Pretty much the story for each and every MMO created after Ultima Online and Everquest1 & 2, people are always going to find an issue that ticks them off.

There is a really short list of MMO's that i have played over the past 19 years that were able to keep players invested for 3+ years and all of them are 12+ years old, excepts rifts that was able to keep people for 9 months, but that was because they spewed out loads of content in short amounts of time, but most other MMO's have a shelf life of 3 months give or take a few months, the Hardcores play longer but the casuals leave the ship when they can no longer keep up, or think their worth is dedicated by keeping up, just play at your pace ffs.

We didnt have this issue when the ratio of Hardcore to Casual was greater in the older MMO's, casuals replaced each other when they came and went and the hardcore's kept playing.

56 minutes ago, Saoyara said:

A solution for your 6th complain: 

First of all, thats not NCSoft problem, and no im not a White Knight, its a fact that its not their Issue, dont know if you are familiar with a company called Level 3, which some kind of routting company, well basically what caused lag issues on NA the past few weeks was that, and on EU the main issue is as you said with the dynamic IPS and why? well basically as you probably know, a dynamic IP tends to be switching the routting towards the game server (With programs like Pingplotter you can see this perfectly) and everytime that your routting is gonna pass throu a Level 3 routting server, you are gonna have lag spikes, I tested this myself and yes thats the main issue of the ingame delay.

How to fix that? well either you swap to a non dynamic IP, or you contact to your ISP provider to see a possible solution for not make the connection go throu those routting servers, and trust me THIS IS NOT NCSOFT FAULT, its each ISP provider that uses some specific routting servers, thats why there's people that doesnt have lag at all, cause either they dont have dynamic IP or they are lucky enough that even with dynamic IP their ISP provider doesnt send the connex via level 3. If you want more proofs about it, try Battleping, pingzapper, WTFast, which are routting programs (except the last one that is some kind of VPN) but the first two besides of being way cheaper than WTFast, they just change your routting towards the server avoiding this annoying Level 3 servers.

And trust me you will notice a huge difference. The only way that NCSoft could fix this is changing the location of the server, and then it would be kinda "rng" that your connection gets routted via level 3 or not. 

Sorry for the miniwall of text lol

Well I will explain it in somehow that it game side and NCsoft fault.

First of all what you call a 3rd level server or trace it called Proxy server, That kinda a firewall/cache servers that your country use to Block/Manage/Store data from server that located in a far distance servers/etc.

So the trace will go like that, Your Router (Local IP) ----> ISP server (Global IP) ----> 3 or 2 Proxy servers -----> Game Server (EU) ------> Game server (NA)  That for dynamic IP .

Your Router (Local IP) ----> ISP server (Global IP) ---->Game Server (EU) ------> Game server (NA) that for static IP.

So moving on, I did study computer science and some network studies beside it, When a game server or web server have a problem with a dynamic IP that mean they not having problem with Proxy server (Because it trust and safe static IP server ) But their security system have a problem with some IPs (Due to either false trigger on some IPs which lead to either block that IP or banned it) So I restart my IP and I got a IP that have been blocked by false trigger that mean god help me I will get delay/lag or even disconnect from server.

And that prove that GameGuard or whatever system they use have a really problem with dynamic IP, And want me to prove that more ? 

Well first month when the game got released I have a disconnect problem with some IPs and it got fixed after a weeks from support respond to me saying it happen due to dynamic IP, Want more prove ? If you checked their support about Failed to connect (200) Happen due the switch of dynamic IP,

Anyhow that prove that it game side problem not our ISP problem, Cause many countries and they know that don't allow home line to have static IP only allow company side to have static IP.

And for WTFast, Etc programs all what this programs do just located your connection to an static IP so that why it work perfectly for dynamic IP lines.

And now let's move to something else, APB : Reloaded , Blade and soul China server, Jade dynasty, Forskan world, Neverwinter, Archeage NA server know that I play from egypt; I never had problem with any of this games using same line till now, I can play APB with stable 90 ms without any problem without need to restart my router even.

So that mean it the only game that I played and having problem with dynamic IP ,So it's their fault not mine neither ISP.

And by the way, When you going to make a software make sure it going to work with every network platform, So I'm sure it their security side problem cause APB punkbuster and never had problem with it . 

1. Poor Communication on NCSoft's Part. (Communication Includes Speaking and LISTENING and completed with a freedom of FEEDBACK)
-Players tend to feel unimportant/ignored and that just sucks.
-Issues left hanged.
-NCSoft talks a lot of add-on products but won't budge with problems with the main product itself.
-Some issues is as if intentional to make you pay. (Mailing System)

2. Too quick content release that overwhelms a lot of players.
-Progress wall (no ample time to prep for new contetns unlike other regions)
-Pay to Progress. Critical dungeons with items for progressions are now a ghost town. Purchasable alternatives available in cash shop though. (no ample time to prep for new contetns unlike other regions)
-AP-Requirement Trend. (Started with naryu. Worsen with SFM expansion)

3. With every issues consolidated altogether, the game which is suppose to be played with fun is just as others was saying should be like a "2nd Job" for you to fully enjoy it.
-I am not complaining with the grind but the timing of content release definitely affects the perspective of players to their future progression which seems really overwhelming especially with non-hard cores.
-Have not quit yet but less and less enjoyable.

6 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Well I will explain it in somehow that it game side and NCsoft fault.

First of all what you call a 3rd level server or trace it called Proxy server, That kinda a firewall/cache servers that your country use to Block/Manage/Store data from server that located in a far distance servers/etc.

So the trace will go like that, Your Router (Local IP) ----> ISP server (Global IP) ----> 3 or 2 Proxy servers -----> Game Server (EU) ------> Game server (NA)  That for dynamic IP .

Your Router (Local IP) ----> ISP server (Global IP) ---->Game Server (EU) ------> Game server (NA) that for static IP.

So moving on, I did study computer science and some network studies beside it, When a game server or web server have a problem with a dynamic IP that mean they not having problem with Proxy server (Because it trust and safe static IP server ) But their security system have a problem with some IPs (Due to either false trigger on some IPs which lead to either block that IP or banned it) So I restart my IP and I got a IP that have been blocked by false trigger that mean god help me I will get delay/lag or even disconnect from server.

And that prove that GameGuard or whatever system they use have a really problem with dynamic IP, And want me to prove that more ? 

Well first month when the game got released I have a disconnect problem with some IPs and it got fixed after a weeks from support respond to me saying it happen due to dynamic IP, Want more prove ? If you checked their support about Failed to connect (200) Happen due the switch of dynamic IP,

Anyhow that prove that it game side problem not our ISP problem, Cause many countries and they know that don't allow home line to have static IP only allow company side to have static IP.

And for WTFast, Etc programs all what this programs do just located your connection to an static IP so that why it work perfectly for dynamic IP lines.

And now let's move to something else, APB : Reloaded , Blade and soul China server, Jade dynasty, Forskan world, Neverwinter, Archeage NA server know that I play from egypt; I never had problem with any of this games using same line till now, I can play APB with stable 90 ms without any problem without need to restart my router even.

So that mean it the only game that I played and having problem with dynamic IP ,So it's their fault not mine neither ISP.

And by the way, When you going to make a software make sure it going to work with every network platform, So I'm sure it their security side problem cause APB punkbuster and never had problem with it . 

Well I understand what you mean, but I mean Level 3 (Thats the name of the company not that i call it like that lol) is mainly the one causing those Issues and its a company that has anything to do with NCSoft. I'm aware that they blocked/banned some IPs that werent suposed to do, the most of them were at the start when they launched the game, because of people using WTFast and other routting programs (correct me if im wrong cause I dont remember it exactly), but well what you are telling make sense cause with all those programs you just connect to a server with a static IP as you said. But my point is hows that NCSoft fault? Isnt that related to the ISP providers that have dynamic IP.

I mean the main issue at least in my case comes from this Level 3 proxy servers. And you can even research about them cause if I'm not mistaken they even had issues with League of Legends and other games. 

So yeah I kinda agree with what you said about the banning etc, but I keep thinking thats is just a problem of routting, and the main issue is that crappy company (Level 3). They are giving issues everywhere trust me.

1 hour ago, NN13 said:

So, yeah...If you still believe that BnS is successfully attracting new players, you are in for a surprise in a few months. Keep believing that "People come and go". Every single day passes by and I see new bots and hackers in Soulstone Plains. Instead of newer players leveling up and playing SSP, everyday there is a new bot farming Injured Soldiers and Meteors, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I have reported every single one of them everyday, multiple times a day. But who cares? They are still running rampant, the same exact bots on both Ceru and Crimson sides for the last 10 days.

You want proof? I will provide you a video once I have the time to upload it.

i find it amazing that there is actually some brained ppl here. i 100% agree with u NN13. Every1 is like yea wtf ever go leave theres the door when infact the newcomers r the fkin moneymakers of this game who keep the game running over long term. now guess what if the flow of new players is decaying do u honestly think ncsoft will keep going with the bunch of freeloaders it got? hahahaha thinking THAT is just being deluded. noobies and casuals r the foundation of gaming. not the elite players. And yea 1 person posts on forum "bb im leaving" will in background 20 more leave.

Dear B&S,

I gave you my heart. I gave you my soul. I poured hours of my free time in learning your ins and outs, learning all your intricacies, and experiencing all you had to offer.

I gave you my money. Probably a bit more than I should have. I bought your Premium. I bought your costumes. I even bought some NCoins for your currency exchange so I could rush my upgrades, and get my Hongmoon skill faster. I bought my daughter costumes for her characters because she thought they were super cute.

I managed to reach Rank 9 Premium on my account through the sheer number of transactions I've made since the game opened. I am not a free loader. I am a paying customer.

It sickens me that I have had 2 accounts on the forums banned, this being my 3rd. Ok, I might have trolled a bit, but this is the internet. I'm just relaxing having some fun, trolling on the forums, something I do on pretty much every game I play. You even threaten to ban me on sight, if I make new forum accounts. Well here I am. Hammer away.

I find it funny however, that you have let Botters and Cheaters run freely, while you ban the forum trolls quickly, with extreme prejudice. Maybe, just maybe, if you focused your time and energy into banning Bots and Macro abusers, Hackers, and the lot, you might end up with a game people want to play and spend money on. Until then...

Catch you on the flip side.

-Bronx

21 minutes ago, Saoyara said:

Well I understand what you mean, but I mean Level 3 (Thats the name of the company not that i call it like that lol) is mainly the one causing those Issues and its a company that has anything to do with NCSoft. I'm aware that they blocked/banned some IPs that werent suposed to do, the most of them were at the start when they launched the game, because of people using WTFast and other routting programs (correct me if im wrong cause I dont remember it exactly), but well what you are telling make sense cause with all those programs you just connect to a server with a static IP as you said. But my point is hows that NCSoft fault? Isnt that related to the ISP providers that have dynamic IP.

I mean the main issue at least in my case comes from this Level 3 proxy servers. And you can even research about them cause if I'm not mistaken they even had issues with League of Legends and other games. 

So yeah I kinda agree with what you said about the banning etc, but I keep thinking thats is just a problem of routting, and the main issue is that crappy company (Level 3). They are giving issues everywhere trust me.

I did all research and as I said before, I did study that and any problem happen to you it not cause of Proxy server (Level 3 company as you say )

It happen because game server security side having problem with some IPs not Proxy servers, Routting don't affect the connection infact there always a common proxy server between different routting.

The problem lays in game side server because their security system is a fail,As I said I do play APB without any problem and people was crapping shitting about Punkbuster but it appear like PunkBuster is way much better than Gameguard.

So you either to believe it game security problem and not our Proxy/ISP problem.

Beside let me tell you something funny happen to me since yesterday morning, I didn't have any problem with Arena/ Cross server at all and I mean it at all, But since they did active Gameguard again the day before I start to lag inside Cross server and Arena badly I mean really badly enough to increase my ping to 500ms.

And to prove it gameguard fault , I can play 1 or 2 or even 3 matches without any problem at all and my ping stable at 90ms for Arena IP (206.127.149.2) but after the 3rd match and that IP it ping increase to 600ms without a clue (I did check my wifi, ISP, Pc and everything is fine)

Same apply for Cross server IP (206.127.149.4) First or second Dungeons everything work fine then that IP go for 600ms.

And the funny part is that Ebon hall IP(206.127.149.8) stable at 80ms without increase or decrease mean that I can play normally outside Arena/ Cross server.

So can you explain that to me ? Does the proxy server or even my ISP fail at Arena/Cross server IP only ? Does they annoying me after I play 2 matchs or dungeou without problem ?

I don't think so, I think it game side problem and since yesterday arena/ CRoss server problem it did prove to me more it not my fault.

Reasons for me quitting or "taking a break" is:
1. The fact that melee vs range gap is waaaay to big in ow events. such as SSP and GHS. You think it will be better with better gear? nope. They will die faster and even less people will get loot. So many simple fixes for this. For example reduce the cap on a channel to about 20.

2. The optimization in this game is just plain shit. Being able to play Witcher 3 with everything maxed and still having 100 fps. And on this game i cant have medium settings with a stable fps.

3. Bots / Hackers  the amount of bots / hackers in this game is crazy. I've played alot of MMORPGs in my time and i have never seen this kind of botting / hacking. The fact that a lvl 24 summoner hacker was 1st in arena ranking for weeks really shows how much NCSoft is doing to stop this. And before you say "maybe there wasnt enough evidence to ban him" There was. Multiple videos showing him hacking.

4. NCsoft is doing jack shit to make this game good. I had hyped for this game for years and played the russian private server for months and when it finally launches. Sure the first month or so i expect them to still get things balanced and stuff. But after this long and the game is still as bad or even worse than when it first launched? Na. Not gonna spend time or money in a game that only cares about making money and dont give a shit about the community,

These are the main reasons I quit:

- Game revolving mostly on soulstone plains, where gameplay is impossible due to lag and there is not even any pvp as planned (and it is not possible anyway).  Impossible as Melee also.

- Bots/Goldsellers/ No lifes  dictating the price of important materials like quartz and tears.   Gathering is attrition for the community in this game.

- Game pooly optimized and it being dependant on fast reactions make it impossible for a lot of us to enjoy it.  This applies to dungeons as well.

- NCSoft pushing game to fast.  This stress taxed me out.  Specially when most of us rolled a Warlock as our alt and we didn't have enough time.

- NCSoft installing rootkit as Gameguard on my PC.

- Restrictions even as PREMIUM on the number of dailys you can perform, on the number of sales you can do,  restricted inventory .    Having to open slots of inventory on all your characters.  Achievements not being account shared.

- Huge grind to update your gear.

ppl are quitting because they simply can't adapt to the current state of the game. They probably looking for game where is everything 100% perfect for individuals. If you check forums of any other MMORPG, you will see more or less similar complains. IMHO most of these notorical complainers should really quit and code their own game, with 'blackjack and hookers' if you know what i mean.

15 hours ago, Formus said:

ppl are quitting because they simply can't adapt to the current state of the game. They probably looking for game where is everything 100% perfect for individuals. If you check forums of any other MMORPG, you will see more or less similar complains. IMHO most of these notorical complainers should really quit and code their own game, with 'blackjack and hookers' if you know what i mean.

Might be, might be not.
But you also need to acknowledge the overwhelming and consistent points being stated on every issues being raised here.
No one is trying to ask for a perfect game but just a reasonable and justifiable state which we can freely enjoy.
Every game will have its challenges and flaws but if "issues" outweighs the "enjoyment" this is the result.

I forgot to add one thing tho :)

Lets take the argument "the game does not attract new players":

If you were a new player, you see an advertisement for Blade and Soul, you decide to check it out more because it looks really nice, you go on the game website, read up a bit, watch videos, all good. Then you go to the forums and you see:

x amount of goodbye threads with actually a bs reason

x amount of crying because publisher doesnt do anything (without actually checking and thinking before posting)

x amount of threads complaining about literally nothing

x amount of threads about players themselves afking in dungeons and arena

Then what would you do as a new player? Its the playerbase itself which discourages new players from coming in more than the issues that are there. Food for thought.

8 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I forgot to add one thing tho :)

Lets take the argument "the game does not attract new players":

If you were a new player, you see an advertisement for Blade and Soul, you decide to check it out more because it looks really nice, you go on the game website, read up a bit, watch videos, all good. Then you go to the forums and you see:

x amount of goodbye threads with actually a bs reason

x amount of crying because publisher doesnt do anything (without actually checking and thinking before posting)

x amount of threads complaining about literally nothing

x amount of threads about players themselves afking in dungeons and arena

Then what would you do as a new player? Its the playerbase itself which discourages new players from coming in more than the issues that are there. Food for thought.

but therer issues. already 2 days since they turned on GG and im getting dcs from cross dungs. freezes and ping issues there too. i played on jap and our servers stability is far from decent.

5 minutes ago, Staxel said:

but therer issues. already 2 days since they turned on GG and im getting dcs from cross dungs. freezes and ping issues there too. i played on jap and our servers stability is far from decent.

Wait you having same problem with Arena/ Cross server ?

Man myself for like 2 days since yesterday and I keep lagging in Arena and cross server after playing like 2 Arena or 2 dungs.

I am not saying there are no issues, that would be faaaaaaar from the truth.

However players are expecting too much from them. They activated GG because it got some improvements, naturally they will monitor it for a while, test and then decide on next steps.

5 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I am not saying there are no issues, that would be faaaaaaar from the truth.

However players are expecting too much from them. They activated GG because it got some improvements, naturally they will monitor it for a while, test and then decide on next steps.

But but till when ? Since yesterday and I can't play arena or cross server without having lag problem :/

Archived