Why everyone is quiting

eric11zhao

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game Guard ....

ON one computer I lag/stuttter and freeze but at least I can do the crafting bit ..

on another computer I can't even start the game due to Error Code 4049

Game Guard does CRAP to stop hackers and botters they are still out there if full force with GG on

and NCSoft undoubtedly does not give a crap about the people being negatively affected by GG or it would be turned off ... Hell the Devs don't even comment on it, Not even a we are looking into this, we are sorry for the frustration ...  hey guys we know there is an issue hang tight we got a fix ...   They would much rather prefer to stick their heads in ground and pretend it will all blow over and go away.

1 hour ago, Valiant said:

Lag ? stop playing for while ? 

It been a 16 hours so far and I still can't do Cross server dungs or Arena because of delay and lag that happen to me inside Arena or Cross server -.-

thats not nc softs problem.. its your garbage internet..and if its not your internet, maybe its because you live really far from north america. I live in canada and i havent had delay lag since launch day..

Are a number of reasons people are dropping the game

1: Lagging during Soul Field, Lagging when are to many people on the screen... really no excuse for it for a game this old

2: Hackers, Bots, and cheating in general can really ruin an experience, its no fun to be pvping or running an area and run slap dab into a wall of bots who ruin your enjoyment of the game...

3: Faction Imbalance: i know for me at least its impossible to do pvp dailys on my server as one faction VASTLY lout numbers the other, creating a situation where all channels are dominated by one faction and only one faction its pretty disheartening its either swap over or feed the enemy...

4: Upgrade Wall: alot of people and i mean alot of people are hitting the upgrade wall where they need 600 or more gold JUST to upgrade to next tier, and that's a daunting task, even if you do every daily that's only what 30-40 gold a day? getting 600 is crazy i mean its kind of nuts...

5: Realization that this game isn't what they hoped and loss of interest 

These seem to be the big ones, of course game guard and bugs also rank up there... i think anyone that plays this casually is going to get a rude awakening once they hit true profane rank 10 and realize amount of gold and farming required... alot of issues that need resolved and it'll probably be awhile before things balance out. 

56 minutes ago, Madolche said:

thats not nc softs problem.. its your garbage internet..and if its not your internet, maybe its because you live really far from north america. I live in canada and i havent had delay lag since launch day..

• People with same problem.
  • I do play normal without lag or delay problem outside Cross server/ Arena lobby.
  • I do play other online game without any problem example APB Reload.
  • It not my *cricket*ing internet cause everything work fine, It game side problem and you could ask them even cause they did admit that game having problem with dynamic IP connection which I have.
  • And I do play on EU server, Which is located into German and I do live in Egypt so me not that far, I do have decent 80ms to Ebon hall server but for Arena/ Cross server lobby I got around 500ms; So explain this shit.

So before talk, Understand and stop posting non sense talk to defend game

25 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

Are a number of reasons people are dropping the game

1: Lagging during Soul Field, Lagging when are to many people on the screen... really no excuse for it for a game this old

2: Hackers, Bots, and cheating in general can really ruin an experience, its no fun to be pvping or running an area and run slap dab into a wall of bots who ruin your enjoyment of the game...

3: Faction Imbalance: i know for me at least its impossible to do pvp dailys on my server as one faction VASTLY lout numbers the other, creating a situation where all channels are dominated by one faction and only one faction its pretty disheartening its either swap over or feed the enemy...

4: Upgrade Wall: alot of people and i mean alot of people are hitting the upgrade wall where they need 600 or more gold JUST to upgrade to next tier, and that's a daunting task, even if you do every daily that's only what 30-40 gold a day? getting 600 is crazy i mean its kind of nuts...

5: Realization that this game isn't what they hoped and loss of interest 

These seem to be the big ones, of course game guard and bugs also rank up there... i think anyone that plays this casually is going to get a rude awakening once they hit true profane rank 10 and realize amount of gold and farming required... alot of issues that need resolved and it'll probably be awhile before things balance out. 

1 : That due to fact that game is not Optimize for Large scale group , Mean either you having internet speed problem (Like I do ) or FPS drop anyhow FPS drop happen due to not optimize game and Internet speed problem happen to due the fact that game require at least 100+ Kilobyte download and 20+ Kilobyte upload Which is a really a big amount of data to be send normally any other game require only around 10 Kilobyte download and 5 Kilobyte upload with large scales (Ex : Archeage, Jade Dynasty, Forsaken world,APB Reloaded)

2: Well they will never fix that due the fact they couldn't fix it on Korean. 

3: I do play on Ebon Hall (EU Server ) and I do sadly belong to blue faction, Reds number are way huge than Blue numbers beside many people change from blue to red..

4:I'm sitting at that upgrade wall sadly because I can't do Large scale group new contact and I don't have much time to spam the new Purple dungs like 10 time per day 

5: Game is broken unbalanced, Got many visual bugs that ruin the gameplay for either arena or in bosses.

6: Add to that the fact that game not working well with dynamic IPs, Mean that people who use dynamic IP (Like myself ) Will need to restart their router few times till they get good IP to play game without lag problem (Also I having Arena/Cross server lag problem nowadays )

My active friends list has been cut by 2/3d's - if people log in at all I'm pretty sure it is to spin for the DD and check for new costumes.  I'm hopeful that it is not people actually quitting but simply taking a break...I think the breakneck pace of content updates+leveing event+expansion was too much for some - especially when they see the significant grind ahead for future upgrades.

I haven't completely stopped playing yet, but my enthusiasm for the game has taken a nose-dive. The game BnS I absolutely love but it is becoming clear NC is a problem.

I have 3 accounts. 1 Premium, 1 formerly Premium and a F2P. I'm cancelling Premium on my final account when it expires for several reasons. I haven't even logged into my other 2 accounts for nearly a month.

1. First and foremost is the way NC is managing this game. Lack of communication, poor customer support, and that every decision made seems to be centered around how to pad the bottom line instead of invigorating the player-base.

2. Hiding things that shouldn't cost the player money behind things that actually cost the player money. The inter-account mail issue is probably the most glaring for me. Since launch we should have had the ability to mail our alts without charging NCoin. This broken system has been incredibly profitable for NC thus any time the subject is brought up, we are met with complete silence. EVERY SINGLE TIME I have sent a ticket about the inter-account mail system, the VERY FIRST RESPONSE from their CS is "Buy NCoin". Another of these is the gem slot/gem hammer problem. Without any warning what so ever (people who played the other regions don't count), NC implemented a system where items you purchase with RMT can be taken away with a simple RNG roll and will cost you 5-10X as much to replace at the level they are removed.

3. Progression Wall due to pushing out content so quickly. My first 45 was incredibly easy to gear in preparation to 50. My second 45 was incredibly easy to gear in preparation to 50. I have been leveling a new character that I started after the latest expansion patch and it is a complete nightmare. I am constantly underfunded for my level. I am having a hell of a time filling spots for (I can't believe I'm going to use this word after only 3 months) "legacy" or leveling instances. Much of the materials used to fund progression pre-50 has been moved to out of reach areas or market priced out of range due to scarcity.

4. GameGuard. NC willfully installed a 3rd party rootkit with no 3rd party EULA, no way to uninstall completely without manually editing the registry, and has a history of conflicting with or disabling security software leaving player's computers vulnerable. There has been much discussion on the forums and other venues about GG and it's problems but some of my own have been things like: Frame stuttering, input lag, having to completely delete my razor software, random conflicts and closures of my AV and Firewall programs, and has even gone so far as to on several occasions close my Fan Control Software.... yes, GG wanted to let the Magic Smoke out of my CPU.

So really, I would have loved to go all-in and spend my disposable income on this beautiful game, but because of the way NC has been managing this train wreck, I'm pulling out of funding anymore of their horrible decisions. It's all the little things that add up over time so I'll just go non-premium/F2P for now and see if they pull their heads out at some point in the future.

I'm done as of now my key reasons despite the faction ssytem being a complete joke the raid boss encounters are incredibly poor in design

As a kfm all it takes during GHS is a couple of chain knockups and i cnnot do any damage at all and miss my marks int he plains this is a frustrating issue but the commander mercenary bosses are just retarded with their randomized attacks the only way to survive is to just sit back and counte riframe without attacking due to their immediate start times its impossible to irame several of their attaks if your even partially animation locked

which ultimatley results in congrats your melee *cricket* you so *cricket* you badk in *cricket*ing done

I dont even bother with pve dailies. PvP is the only reason why I log in. I already know farming for my gear will take a LONG time. Soulstones is pretty much my income along with Moonwater stone sales. 

Unless if i really want something for my character's looks, then i guess id take the time to do pve.

While i'm not yet quitting but sure is taking heavy toll on dailies because i feel the grind is getting out of my limit. There's no way i like do dailies everyday for weeks just to upgrade gears to oathbreaker and more costly tiers later. I've reduced my ingame activity day by day cut off the dailies that aren't worth it to now i find everything is not worth doing. Is like having a job in real life to get a new phone or car just to find your job's wage is getting lower everyday to the point you need to work your butt off to provide yourself. That's no fun, top of that people are going to judge when you don't have decent gears for later contents.

I quited already. I can eat shit like grind, i can eat shit like toxic comunity and fan boys. But having 30 ping in OW and 250 in arena while arena is thing i realy want enjoy is *cricket*ed up situation. Not counting bots, cheaters and macros.

Why?

Bots, Lag, Horrible Optimization, Massive Faction imbalance, SSP as melee, Grand harvest fail.

Also dailies...all day everyday dailies is boring as f**k but its the only way to get gold/gear up. 

I feel that players that are quitting is due to a lot of issues that are already mentioned.  

Since this game is heavy ping reliant (depending on class), lag can really mess you up especially if you have to iframe vital hits. 

Few problems with the game such as faction imbalance, the favor of range classes, speed of updates, unrewarding 4 man, list goes on. 
It also seems that NcSoft is only focusing on one part of the player-base.

Which leads to next point, gear progression opinions vary between players who spent less time and more time.  Some who play casually feels the progression is far out of reach (the time to obtain gear is unreasonable), but what is more frightening is that you need gear to progress (not in this content but future contents) so they feel upset if they are left behind.  I don't think people are looking for an "easy way" you have to understand that they are looking for something feasible in their time, I will say 1-2 month (from just doing dailies) to max your weapon from true pirate to awakened scorpio is reasonable.  My thoughts on this is to make the materials more accessible, increase drop rates, and decrease the materials require to upgrade by 20% or give other players more time before releasing updates (they should make a poll gauging the community's response to the updates).  

Also want to include why people are playing (someone posted about psychology and game).  The game is fun, that's why we play.  However, if a player login and do their dailies and feel like they are not progressing, it feels like they are stuck, that is what many players are feeling.  That is also why I feel tempted to upgrade one piece of gear every week, so it feels like I am getting somewhere.  But this is personal reasons and I don't want to get in the conversation of whiny players and hardcore players, we should not judge the community based on generalization.  Players will move on to a next game if the one they are playing does not satisfy them. 

I wrote a bigger message before but i got bored and i deleted it all, so i'll just say:

1) I don't know what NCsoft is doing, since they keep saying the same things since months)

2) I'm going back to Le****, and i'm quitting with 20+ppl (the entire guild just quitted the game) and 5+ Real Life friends; so, not 2 players but quite alot (prem. members mostly)

3) I got bored of this game, after maxing things on 2 characters (main and alt, i wanted to play mostly my main, but the FM is 100^10 better on farming and dailies...so...)

4) i got bored of writing this reply too since it'll be useless, bye.

3 hours ago, IAmKanji said:

I dont even bother with pve dailies. PvP is the only reason why I log in. I already know farming for my gear will take a LONG time. Soulstones is pretty much my income along with Moonwater stone sales. 

Unless if i really want something for my character's looks, then i guess id take the time to do pve.

Well I was doing the same like you,I ignore the pvp soulplains due the fail of internet in large scale area and just go to farm arena for soulstone.

But now this shit since yesterday and I keep lagging in arena/ Cross server and I can't do shit or get soulstone no more....

In all honesty....

Its nice that people say their goodbyes before they leave the game and explain why they leave but....in all honesty....(at least for myself) i couldn't care less.

its a game, people come and go, while some have issues with this others have issues with that, then things get fixed, then people have problems with the fix....its a never ending cycle and you cant please anyone. So yeah, if they want to leave just let them, if they dont like it whats the point keeping them? They can come back any time they want and since people come and go it doesnt make much difference.

But making zillion threads on the same things which already were mentioned is not helping either. If you want to stay then yay! if you want to leave, then good luck! The game will certainly not go down because a few people leave while double the number joins.

6 hours ago, Valiant said:

• People with same problem.
  • I do play normal without lag or delay problem outside Cross server/ Arena lobby.
  • I do play other online game without any problem example APB Reload.
  • It not my *cricket*ing internet cause everything work fine, It game side problem and you could ask them even cause they did admit that game having problem with dynamic IP connection which I have.
  • And I do play on EU server, Which is located into German and I do live in Egypt so me not that far, I do have decent 80ms to Ebon hall server but for Arena/ Cross server lobby I got around 500ms; So explain this shit.

So before talk, Understand and stop posting non sense talk to defend game

1 : That due to fact that game is not Optimize for Large scale group , Mean either you having internet speed problem (Like I do ) or FPS drop anyhow FPS drop happen due to not optimize game and Internet speed problem happen to due the fact that game require at least 100+ Kilobyte download and 20+ Kilobyte upload Which is a really a big amount of data to be send normally any other game require only around 10 Kilobyte download and 5 Kilobyte upload with large scales (Ex : Archeage, Jade Dynasty, Forsaken world,APB Reloaded)

2: Well they will never fix that due the fact they couldn't fix it on Korean. 

3: I do play on Ebon Hall (EU Server ) and I do sadly belong to blue faction, Reds number are way huge than Blue numbers beside many people change from blue to red..

4:I'm sitting at that upgrade wall sadly because I can't do Large scale group new contact and I don't have much time to spam the new Purple dungs like 10 time per day 

5: Game is broken unbalanced, Got many visual bugs that ruin the gameplay for either arena or in bosses.

6: Add to that the fact that game not working well with dynamic IPs, Mean that people who use dynamic IP (Like myself ) Will need to restart their router few times till they get good IP to play game without lag problem (Also I having Arena/Cross server lag problem nowadays )

A solution for your 6th complain: 

First of all, thats not NCSoft problem, and no im not a White Knight, its a fact that its not their Issue, dont know if you are familiar with a company called Level 3, which some kind of routting company, well basically what caused lag issues on NA the past few weeks was that, and on EU the main issue is as you said with the dynamic IPS and why? well basically as you probably know, a dynamic IP tends to be switching the routting towards the game server (With programs like Pingplotter you can see this perfectly) and everytime that your routting is gonna pass throu a Level 3 routting server, you are gonna have lag spikes, I tested this myself and yes thats the main issue of the ingame delay.

How to fix that? well either you swap to a non dynamic IP, or you contact to your ISP provider to see a possible solution for not make the connection go throu those routting servers, and trust me THIS IS NOT NCSOFT FAULT, its each ISP provider that uses some specific routting servers, thats why there's people that doesnt have lag at all, cause either they dont have dynamic IP or they are lucky enough that even with dynamic IP their ISP provider doesnt send the connex via level 3. If you want more proofs about it, try Battleping, pingzapper, WTFast, which are routting programs (except the last one that is some kind of VPN) but the first two besides of being way cheaper than WTFast, they just change your routting towards the server avoiding this annoying Level 3 servers.

And trust me you will notice a huge difference. The only way that NCSoft could fix this is changing the location of the server, and then it would be kinda "rng" that your connection gets routted via level 3 or not. 

Sorry for the miniwall of text lol

FPS Lagg due to GameGuard and bad Game Optimization low level content broken due to no people doing it

and the over all bad public relations from NCsoft West this game seams to be made only as a cash grab other vice

you would belive they would care but never a official word on any player problem aslong its not us that benefits from it

then its patched the next day.

54 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

In all honesty....

Its nice that people say their goodbyes before they leave the game and explain why they leave but....in all honesty....(at least for myself) i couldn't care less.

its a game, people come and go, while some have issues with this others have issues with that, then things get fixed, then people have problems with the fix....its a never ending cycle and you cant please anyone. So yeah, if they want to leave just let them, if they dont like it whats the point keeping them? They can come back any time they want and since people come and go it doesnt make much difference.

But making zillion threads on the same things which already were mentioned is not helping either. If you want to stay then yay! if you want to leave, then good luck! The game will certainly not go down because a few people leave while double the number joins.

Ah, you are one of those people - Who might have spend quite a lot of money on this game and just do not want to accept the fact the number of players is declining pretty quick....Just leaving my reply from another thread for you -

23 hours ago, NN13 said:

All those smartass people saying no one misses you on every thread where a user leaves - Just keep in mind that for every person who makes a thread about leaving, there are 9 more leaving the game in silence and you don't get to know that.

I agree that this thread is a bit exaggerated, but I have seen these type of people in every "leaving game" thread.

I started playing BnS on 23rd January. Up until this very minute, I have played at least 2 hours every single day, sometimes 10-12 hours a day. And yes, server population has reduced drastically in these 2 months. If you people do not realize or can not observe this, I am not sure what to say.

One month ago, I had no problem doing NSH and E.Fleet. 2 days ago, I went there at the peak hours and they were ghost-towns

.Some may say that it's because people are now playing the new content. That may be true for people who are already level 49-50.

But this also means that BnS is failing to attract enough new players which is absolutely needed for the survivability , because old players will eventually burn themselves out and either leave or take a long break.

The only people who will keep playing are the ones that have spent a lot of money and even some of them would leave because the game is already turning into a job with all these upgrade requirements and the lack of faction balance and class balance to obtain them(Soulstones, Moonstones).

So, yeah...If you still believe that BnS is successfully attracting new players, you are in for a surprise in a few months. Keep believing that "People come and go". Every single day passes by and I see new bots and hackers in Soulstone Plains. Instead of newer players leveling up and playing SSP, everyday there is a new bot farming Injured Soldiers and Meteors, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I have reported every single one of them everyday, multiple times a day. But who cares? They are still running rampant, the same exact bots on both Ceru and Crimson sides for the last 10 days.

You want proof? I will provide you a video once I have the time to upload it.

The price on upgrading is crazy and from a grind point is boring as hell after a while of doing dailies, So i guess this is a reason why people tend to get bored try another MMO etc and get refreshed on something else and quit BnS.

The FPS drop is a issue for me at times and i have a beefy pc that churns games out like cow shit.

Gameguard is terrible and causes problems.

Bots are a pain and let to run wild with very little moderation because they are investing time in trying to remove the whole picture instead of pieces of it, When i can not tell but it is getting to the point where people are having trust issues with NCSOFT because nothing seems to be improving.

8 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Ah, you are one of those people - Who might have spend quite a lot of money on this game and just do not want to accept the fact the number of players is declining pretty quick....Just leaving my reply from another thread for you -

So, yeah...If you still believe that BnS is successfully attracting new players, you are in for a surprise in a few months. Keep believing that "People come and go". Every single day passes by and I see new bots and hackers in Soulstone Plains. Instead of newer players leveling up and playing SSP, everyday there is a new bot farming Injured Soldiers and Meteors, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I have reported every single one of them everyday, multiple times a day. But who cares? They are still running rampant, the same exact bots on both Ceru and Crimson sides for the last 10 days.

You want proof? I will provide you a video once I have the time to upload it.

If they guy spent money on the game, is his own choice, everyone does whatever they want with their own money. Dont get me wrong I see your point but I cannot agree with it, sometimes its really annoying those kind of threads for example "I'm quitting *cricket* this game" without any feedback, but that doesnt mean that we have to give a *cricket* about it, cause its just a way of calling for atention. Also where are you basing your statement of "for every player that claims that is leaving 9 more are leaving in silence" do you have any stadistic for it?:) 

I just love how people like you tends to complain and try to become the smartest person, claiming this and that when you neither have numbers to proof yourself neither facts. And the funniest fact is that I saw people like you on another threads and when they dont like it they just go with "Oh you are an NCSoft White Knight" only for complain about useless threads of people claiming that they leave without any other reason than rage on the game. Well let me tell you something, first of all get your facts and proofs before claiming that "for each ppl claiming that leaves 9 more do it in silence" and 2nd of all if you are going to start with the NCSoft White knight stuff, then you should check yourself cause you look like a White Knight of those people that leave without any feedback when none cares about them :)

Archived