Weapon Breakthrough Materials - Cash Shop Solution?

TaruV

There are brilliant keys for sale in the Hongmoon store, allowing players to skip farming for a weapon box over and over. Now there are also both Siren and Pirate emblems for sale. These things are voluntary purchases and no advantage is given that couldn't be gained by simply playing the game.

Why not add the Misty Woods Cold Iron Weapon to that list? Some players simply don't enjoy PvP, or the PvE quests while flagged for PvP, or faction activities in general (server dominated by opposite faction or other reasons). More than a few such players are reaching a point where they either hold their noses and grind faction ranks or quit the game. A few of them make posts about it, others just leave quietly and the publisher will never know why.

I see this idea as a win-win for everyone. The players who don't want to do faction things can buy the problematic upgrade item for, say, 200-300 H/NCoin; nothing is gained that couldn't be gained by playing the game. NCsoft gets extra revenue for minimal effort. Everyone benefits.

I see PvPers who don't want to PvE and PvErs who don't want to PvP, but honestly it shouldnt be a problem for people to do both. You can literally make 1100 beans per day within an hour just by doing the arena dailies and the weapon costs 3,000 beans.

1. Win a 1v1 match (200 beans)

2. Play 3 1v1 matches (100 beans)

3. Win a tag match (200 beans)

4. Play 3 tag matches (100 beans)

5. Participate in 2 matches (500 beans - you get this quest by spinning naryu coins on the wheel outside of Nightshade Harbor, it takes about 50-100 coins)

So in literally 3-4 days you should be able to get that weapon even if you cannot win a 1v1 match, but for tag there are people willing to carry you if you ask. Especially if you find a good clan, I do both pvp and pve and carry clan members in arena all the time so they can get beans to buy things they need.

Anyways, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add it to the shop but its really not that hard to get the weapon.

There might be some people who don't have alot of time too, so this might be an option for them. Yet they could not be doing that to keep it from becoming a huge pay to win game. 

+ you can just buy the items with gold. you get the gold with ncoin = $$ for nsoft

They´ve added the "non endcontent" "long time grind" upgrade materials just to help new player to keep up to endcontent faster. 

So where is the thread that complains about the viridian and cinderland materials in shop? ...

The Misty Woods Cold Iron weapon isn´t that hard to farm. It took me ~30 min at all with my last twink ,including the Faktion rank up during lvling, to get this breakthrough. The Siren and Pirate breakthrough can take a bit longer bcs u have to grind the daylies in old 24man and 6 man for a few days to get them. And the old 24 man instances arent that populated anymore (since a bit longer than SF Patch btw).

2 hours ago, BigJ01 said:

I see PvPers who don't want to PvE and PvErs who don't want to PvP, but honestly it shouldnt be a problem for people to do both. You can literally make 1100 beans per day within an hour just by doing the arena dailies and the weapon costs 3,000 beans.

1. Win a 1v1 match (200 beans)

2. Play 3 1v1 matches (100 beans)

3. Win a tag match (200 beans)

4. Play 3 tag matches (100 beans)

5. Participate in 2 matches (500 beans - you get this quest by spinning naryu coins on the wheel outside of Nightshade Harbor, it takes about 50-100 coins)

So in literally 3-4 days you should be able to get that weapon even if you cannot win a 1v1 match, but for tag there are people willing to carry you if you ask. Especially if you find a good clan, I do both pvp and pve and carry clan members in arena all the time so they can get beans to buy things they need.

Anyways, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add it to the shop but its really not that hard to get the weapon.

I'm not sure which weapon you're talking about when you say it costs 3000 beans, I believe the weapon in question (Misty woods cold iron) is actually like 20 misty woods faction insignia, or 15 minutes of killing NPCs in faction clothes.

It's being constantly brought up as "Oh no, we must pvp" argument and I can't for the life of me figure out what's so PVP about it or why is it such a problem to do that once in a month of playing, even if you "can't stand" pvp.

Just now, TofuChicken said:

U can buy that weapon also from zen bean trader at cost of 300 zen beans.

Well, if you "can't stand PVP", I believe killing 20 npcs is a better alternative than 3-4 days of arena matches, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm not sure which weapon you're talking about when you say it costs 3000 beans, I believe the weapon in question (Misty woods cold iron) is actually like 20 misty woods faction insignia, or 15 minutes of killing NPCs in faction clothes.

It's being constantly brought up as "Oh no, we must pvp" argument and I can't for the life of me figure out what's so PVP about it or why is it such a problem to do that once in a month of playing, even if you "can't stand" pvp.

U can buy that weapon also from zen bean trader at cost of 3000 zen beans.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Well, if you "can't stand PVP", I believe killing 20 npcs is a better alternative than 3-4 days of arena matches, isn't it?

P.S. u just quoted it before i was able to edit it, the price is 3000 btw.

Jeah its just an option for PvP players who want to up there EQ a bit. So for me of course the 15 min faktion insignia farm is the way to go.

But you're not getting misty wood insignias through PVP. You're killing faction NPC's its not pvp content you're not fighting against other players.

when does players learn that faction related quest or item does not mean PVP

the fact that emblems are in the shop isn't a good sign... these are things that should exist only by farming them and playing the game... this is basically buying power at this point. Sure everyone can farm for it but paying money to bypass whole sections of the game? no thank you... could you imagine in WoW if you could just " buy " arena weapons? or " buy " a teir X weapon from the get go? that is basically what you are asking for.

they are treading on dangerous waters here...

2 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

But you're not getting misty wood insignias through PVP. You're killing faction NPC's its not pvp content you're not fighting against other players.

when does players learn that faction related quest or item does not mean PVP

It is a form of PvP because u are able to attack the "Players" of other faction. So if u´re doing ur Faktion Quests and i just came over to do my 10 kill quest what simply means i will hunt you we will end in an "Player versus Player (and alot of NPCs to help the Cerus ;D)" Situation, what, ofcourse, is called "PvP" .

1 minute ago, TofuChicken said:

It is a form of PvP because u are able to attack the "Players" of other faction. So if u´re doing ur Faktion Quests and i just came over to do my 10 kill quest what simply means i will hunt you we will end in an "Player versus Player (and alot of NPCs to help the Cerus ;D)" Situation, what, ofcourse, is called "PvP" .

You do realise that some of mmo games have this thing called factions and players can be killed anywhere while they do normal quests?

They're not pvp quests just faction quests or activities. Arena dailies are pvp dailies.

If someone attacks you while doing faction dailies its same as in many other mmo games so cry me a river

6 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

the fact that emblems are in the shop isn't a good sign... these are things that should exist only by farming them and playing the game... this is basically buying power at this point. Sure everyone can farm for it but paying money to bypass whole sections of the game? no thank you... could you imagine in WoW if you could just " buy " arena weapons? or " buy " a teir X weapon from the get go? that is basically what you are asking for.

they are treading on dangerous waters here...

So if u just think that way, stay there and help everyone who´s new to the game and for being new in an old content just damned to wipe alone threw 24man instances with low gear etc ... dude why dont u have complained about the cinderlands and viridian resources in NC Shop? ... It´s simple because it´s "Old Content" and not longer interresting for actual "Endcontent" it would just block the players without maxed gear out of silverfrost.

At least in a month that two essences are fully and complete sensless because everyone will use "New Upgrade Path" where´s no need of that two items ...

3 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

You do realise that some of mmo games have this thing called factions and players can be killed anywhere while they do normal quests?

They're not pvp quests just faction quests or activities. Arena dailies are pvp dailies.

If someone attacks you while doing faction dailies its same as in many other mmo games so cry me a river

Dude i dont want to battle with u ore something im calling Faction Quest also Faction quest i just wanted to explain u that anyways its a kind of PvP. Or if u want PvPvNPC. if u can fight against other players it is and it will be forever PvP ...

4 minutes ago, TofuChicken said:

So if u just think that way, stay there and help everyone who´s new to the game and for being new in an old content just damned to wipe alone threw 24man instances with low gear etc ... dude why dont u have complained about the cinderlands and viridian resources in NC Shop? ... It´s simple because it´s "Old Content" and not longer interresting for actual "Endcontent" it would just block the players without maxed gear out of silverfrost.

At least in a month that two essences are fully and complete sensless because everyone will use "New Upgrade Path" where´s no need of that two items ...

No i think that way because it makes sense... IF you " bypass " content then you basically have no idea how to play the game, and so when you DO get to the later boss fights you have ZERO idea what mechanics are being used and you get murdered left and right. I don't know about your server but every day i log into do my dailys at 45 are loads of people still doing those areas, with out any issues. People are rolling alts, new players are trying the game, some people have come back so i don't see the issue with having to ya know " play the game " If they want an alternative to running the 24 man you can always A: nerf the bosses so its soloable or can be done in small groups. B: make siren emblems dropable from certain enemies or bosses or purchasable with naryu coins

What i'm saying is, buying power is buying power, even if i can farm ours of my life away being able to simply " throw " money at the game and gain " progression " is bad extremely bad practice. This is like allowing a player in any game to " skip " and entire raid content and jump to the next raid because he slipped you a 50 under the table. That is the first sign that an MMO is about to go down the " p2win " road.

Which makes me really sad because i do love BnS but that item shop makes me feel more and more like i'm playing a perfect world game every time i look at it...and is #1 reason i'm very apprehensive about spending cash on the game.  I'm not going to support those kinds of business practices, BUT hey if the community wants to ruin there game by allowing the whales to skip content fine... have it your way.

I just don't want to hear you crying when that noob with T200 gear stands in the fire and gets the whole party wiped out because he doesn't understand basic MMO mechanics... maybe you would be fine, maybe i'd be fine, but is a large majority of players who can barely grasp basic mechanics as is... allowing them to JUMP into next tier would be catastrophic.

Imagine this... remember when East Fleet first launched? and everyone was cheesing the system by using the Dakamora gauntlet (god i think thats right its 4am... ) to access that dungeon to bypass the system? imagine if everyone could just " buy " an item that let them in... you'd have so many wipes, so many bad players not understanding the basics... and there was alot of people bitching about that. You are basically asking for that but on ALL content ever... so yea... i'm against it...

22 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

No i think that way because it makes sense... IF you " bypass " content then you basically have no idea how to play the game, and so when you DO get to the later boss fights you have ZERO idea what mechanics are being used and you get murdered left and right. I don't know about your server but every day i log into do my dailys at 45 are loads of people still doing those areas, with out any issues. People are rolling alts, new players are trying the game, some people have come back so i don't see the issue with having to ya know " play the game " If they want an alternative to running the 24 man you can always A: nerf the bosses so its soloable or can be done in small groups. B: make siren emblems dropable from certain enemies or bosses or purchasable with naryu coins

1. U´r not forced to "bypass" anything, play the game as u want it but dont force anyone else to do it in "ur way".

2. There are of course some people atm, they are just to weak to do the new area in short time atm so they chill in old one. That will end.

3. so u want to grind this point of game with every single alt for days just to get that essences and "learn mechanics" <- again and again?

4. In 24 man raids u dont learn any "Bossmechanics" most of Mechanics are just "disabled" in 24man versions.

What i'm saying is, buying power is buying power, even if i can farm ours of my life away being able to simply " throw " money at the game and gain " progression " is bad extremely bad practice. This is like allowing a player in any game to " skip " and entire raid content and jump to the next raid because he slipped you a 50 under the table. That is the first sign that an MMO is about to go down the " p2win " road.

U already know about the possibility to Buy Gold for NCoins? Give Strg+C a try, im sure u will make a party for that function ;)

Which makes me really sad because i do love BnS but that item shop makes me feel more and more like i'm playing a perfect world game every time i look at it...and is #1 reason i'm very apprehensive about spending cash on the game.  I'm not going to support those kinds of business practices, BUT hey if the community wants to ruin there game by allowing the whales to skip content fine... have it your way.

Again, its just lvl content since last Patch and dont ruins anything as it is just a grind for lvling up to finally hit max lvl. 

It isnt bat it´s just a good thing that helps to get more players that can play with u in endcontent instead of grinding alone for stupid lowlevel breaktroughs.

I just don't want to hear you crying when that noob with T200 gear stands in the fire and gets the whole party wiped out because he doesn't understand basic MMO mechanics... maybe you would be fine, maybe i'd be fine, but is a large majority of players who can barely grasp basic mechanics as is... allowing them to JUMP into next tier would be catastrophic.

After he has telled me "Bcs of LordLokai they wont give me that long time grind breaktrough i just have everything else to up 5 stages but can do daylie for last siren emblem only tomorrow" i will carry him threw that easy todo content with my 45 cont maxed out and overpowerd gear.

Imagine this... remember when East Fleet first launched? and everyone was cheesing the system by using the Dakamora gauntlet (god i think thats right its 4am... ) to access that dungeon to bypass the system? imagine if everyone could just " buy " an item that let them in... you'd have so many wipes, so many bad players not understanding the basics... and there was alot of people bitching about that. You are basically asking for that but on ALL content ever... so yea... i'm against it...

If done BsH 4 with a party of 2 as daily for most of the time. and I have done Laby only 1 Time with a party of 6 orderly equipt people, atleast i´ve done it duo again just to do it. So pls dont tell me anything about "People need to learn Bossmechanics" if u dont understand them atleast to this point that u can carry a few AP´s.

And now back to Topic pls.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, TofuChicken said:

Only pvp quest that is related to faction is that one. Everything else is just faction. Yes you're able to kill opposite faction players but how does that is any diffrent from WoW daily zones where theres is alliances and hordes mixed to gother? Theres no diffrence so they're just pure pve faction things you need to do ofc if bad luck happens you might get killed by other player but so what?

4 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

Only pvp quest that is related to faction is that one. Everything else is just faction. Yes you're able to kill opposite faction players but how does that is any diffrent from WoW daily zones where theres is alliances and hordes mixed to gother? Theres not diffrence so they're just pure pve faction things you need to do ofc if bad luck happens you might get killed by other player but so what?

It´s sensless to discuss with you, also thats not topic related so lets stop this conversation and maybe take some time to think about the point that faction section in forum is located as PvP Subforum...

6 minutes ago, TofuChicken said:

It´s sensless to discuss with you, also thats not topic related so lets stop this conversation and maybe take some time to think about the point that faction section in forum is located as PvP Subforum...

Let me ask you then.

If player is farming misty woods insignias what he kills? Does player kill NPC's Or players? Oh wait answer is NPC's

If player is doing faction dailies, how many dailies requires you to kill players? One? What else are you killing? Oh again NPC's

Everything player needs to upgrade their weapons (materials, breakthroughs) ONLY requires player to kill NPC and not single player tho only thing they're doing is that they're flagged for PVP which is same as in most MMORPG games where theres sides.

So what does players do when they're doing misty woods faction things? 9 out of 10 they're doing PVE stuff while flagged for PvP

1 minute ago, Hatsunya said:

Let me ask you then.

If player is farming misty woods insignias what he kills? Does player kill NPC's Or players? Oh wait answer is NPC's

If player is doing faction dailies, how many dailies requires you to kill players? One? What else are you killing? Oh again NPC's

Everything player needs to upgrade their weapons (materials, breakthroughs) ONLY requires player to kill NPC and not single player tho only thing they're doing is that they're flagged for PVP which is same as in most MMORPG games where theres sides.

it´s simply the point that u need to flag urself as attackable to do so. And that is just an art of PvP itself. But as said it´s sensless to discuss with u so thats my last post in this thread :)

1 minute ago, TofuChicken said:

it´s simply the point that u need to flag urself as attackable to do so. And that is just an art of PvP itself. But as said it´s sensless to discuss with u so thats my last post in this thread :)

Then dont post. But ill tell you secret.

3 times i've farmed insignias for breakthrough items and single time  i have not been ganked or killed by enemy player

Archived