Preparing for 50 patch.

VirtuoZzzo

- Which item do we need and can farm right now?

- Looking at this merchant http://imgur.com/a/7dJKg (who trades items depending on your achievement points) I guess we need honorary ornaments and faction insignias. How many achi points do you need to use it?

- I also heard we might need tons of muchismos. Do we really? How many, 100s of them or 1000s?

- What about soulbound stones from terrors?

- What else?

Could anyone comment on each point and make it clear for the new player without any exp on CN/TW/KR server, please?

7 minutes ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

- Which item do we need and can farm right now?

- Looking at this merchant http://imgur.com/a/7dJKg (who trades items depending on your achievement points) I guess we need honorary ornaments and faction insignias. How many achi points do you need to use it?

- I also heard we might need tons of muchismos. Do we really? How many, 100s of them or 1000s?

- What about soulbound stones from terrors?

- What else?

Could anyone comment on each point and make it clear for the new player without any exp on CN/TW/KR server, please?

1 - doesn't look like there's much to be farmed, aside from ornaments and soulstones, as most new things to be farmed are in the silverfrost area.

2 -

3 - Doesn't seem so. True pirate upgrade takes silverfrost materials, and true siren accessories don't take any either.

4 minutes ago, Saoyara said:

the ore ones if im not mistaken are Naryu gold, which you make them with 40 naryu silvers each.

For getting the legendary skill you need arround 1k2 achi points (not 100% sure if thats the right ammount)  

Do you spend the achievement points or do they simply unlock the option to buy stuff?

Soulstones can be farmed, but with level 50 we will get a repeatable quest which will reward you soulstones after each completion, so the price will drop down to the floor of them plus you will be able to farm as much as you need.

As for the rest: After True siren stage for accessories and True pirate stage for weapon all materials are from silverfrost.

The only thing you can farm are naruy silvers as you will need those and weapon / accessories element powders.

@Laoshottie

That much crit is a pure waste LOL

4 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

Any reason to go for true siren accessories? Seeing as there's no evolution path after it. Im already sitting at 450 att 3350 crit and ~1200 crit dmg on des.

What do you mean no evolution path? The accessories evolve into Oathbreaker as of now.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I CANT HEAR YOU OVER MY 4k CRIT

(seriously though what else can you get for dps anyway)

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What do you mean no evolution path? The accessories evolve into Oathbreaker as of now.

I CANT HEAR YOU OVER MY 4k CRIT

(seriously though what else can you get for dps anyway)

i giggled xD If you have 54-55% crit chance, that more than enough since there is a "soft cap" at approx 60%.

plus you get the pirate weapon 3% extra crit chance buff on top of it, and if you use a 1Crit ruby you pretty much crit nearly 100% of the time. My character has 54% crit chance, and high block and evasion that goes with it and i am critting like crazy and his 1200 crit damage doesnt even come close to my 1600 crit damage xD

B&S isnt like other games where you need insane amounts of crit stacked

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

i giggled xD If you have 54-55% crit chance, that more than enough since there is a "soft cap" at approx 60%.

plus you get the pirate weapon 3% extra crit chance buff on top of it, and if you use a 1Crit ruby you pretty much crit nearly 100% of the time. My character has 54% crit chance, and high block and evasion that goes with it and i am critting like crazy and his 1200 crit damage doesnt even come close to my 1600 crit damage xD

B&S isnt like other games where you need insane amounts of crit stacked

But soulshields can't have crit damage, so the only question is "piercing or crit for dps?", and piercing is hard-capped to most mobs at 10%.

(I'm not sure how you got 1600 cdmg though. Are you using siren bracelet with, like, 400 crit damage?)

4 minutes ago, Senzura said:

Which crafting/gathering guilds are good to be in for the 50 cap

You'll need silverfrost transformation stones and the best soulshields to enchant with, so soul wardens won't be a miss. And harry potters are used freaking everywhere so I bet they'll still be everywhere in 50.

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

But soulshields can't have crit damage, so the only question is "piercing or crit for dps?", and piercing is hard-capped to most mobs at 10%.

(I'm not sure how you got 1600 cdmg though. Are you using siren bracelet with, like, 400 crit damage?)

You'll need silverfrost transformation stones and the best soulshields to enchant with, so soul wardens won't be a miss. And harry potters are used freaking everywhere so I bet they'll still be everywhere in 50.

so soulwardens/merry potters what about the last one 

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Do you spend the achievement points or do they simply unlock the option to buy stuff?

I think its the 2nd thing, that you unlock the option to buy stuff from that npc with 1k2+ achi points.

36 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Soulstones can be farmed, but with level 50 we will get a repeatable quest which will reward you soulstones after each completion, so the price will drop down to the floor of them plus you will be able to farm as much as you need.

As for the rest: After True siren stage for accessories and True pirate stage for weapon all materials are from silverfrost.

The only thing you can farm are naruy silvers as you will need those and weapon / accessories element powders.

@Laoshottie

Is not a waste at all, all the crit will be needed.

@Senzura

He meant Harry Potters not merry potters so better get those magic wands :P

@Enhance

Well its actually at 15XX crit damage (dont remember exactly i rounded it up). and yes siren bracelet and true siren accessories. Siren bracelet beats all others by FAR.

@Shirou

It is a complete waste, since after 60% crit chance, no matter how much more crit you have it wont change anything.

Since you get a 3% crit chance buff from pirate weapon, the limit gets lowered to 57%.

Not to mention, most people just stack crit on the soulshields they get, then complain they get 2 shot in PVP because they stack crit but have no crit defense / defense / block / evasion.

I can honestly say i dish out more damage than most players and my survivability is much higher than theirs.

Just because its crit, doesnt mean you have to mindlessly stack it because it will not do miracles and turn you into a better dps or damage dealer if the rest of your stats are crap and you cant even survive a grapple or charge from Fujin / Rajin and lie dead on the floor for half the fight.

10 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Well its actually at 15XX crit damage (dont remember exactly i rounded it up). and yes siren bracelet and true siren accessories. Siren bracelet beats all others by FAR.

@Shirou

It is a complete waste, since after 60% crit chance, no matter how much more crit you have it wont change anything.

Since you get a 3% crit chance buff from pirate weapon, the limit gets lowered to 57%.

Not to mention, most people just stack crit on the soulshields they get, then complain they get 2 shot in PVP because they stack crit but have no crit defense / defense / block / evasion.

I'm at 1400ish crit damage with windshock - mostly because I can't be assed to get a good roll on siren, after opening about 10 I just started opening them as they come from poh.

@second part 

Um, no, what you've described is a hard cap. The 60% crit is a soft cap. I have 61% crit passively and 64% with the 3% bonus and a bit more when my peridot activates (wooo 120 crit). While I do agree stats like Block/Eva/Critdef/def can be more useful generally speaking, I like being a glass cannon. I'll trade half my hp for 10% damage increase.

As for rest of the stats - hey, I feel like I have okay stats, I usually roll for defense/block secondary stat on shields and 50k hp seems quite enough. At least I know I survive fuujin/raijin pull and can tank them both. I:

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm at 1400ish crit damage with windshock - mostly because I can't be assed to get a good roll on siren, after opening about 10 I just started opening them as they come from poh.

@second part 

Um, no, what you've described is a hard cap. The 60% crit is soft cap. I have 61% crit passively and 64% with the 3% bonus and a bit more when my peridot activates (wooo 120 crit). While I do agree stats like Block/Eva/Critdef/def can be more useful generally speaking, I like being a glass cannon. I'll trade half my hp for 10% damage increase.

As for rest of the stats - hey, I feel like I have okay stats, I usually roll for defense/block secondary stat on shields and 50k hp seems quite enough. At least I know I survive fuujin/raijin pull and can tank them both. I:

I am at 65k HP. My crits range from 9-11k per hit. Its much higher with soulburn and KFM buff.

My crit chance is as I said 54% + 3% weapon + 1 Crit on attack from Ruby and every hit I do is a crit.

So going full out crit wont help you, if I am already critting like a mad man, stacking more is just dumb, better to invest in other stats, but each his own preference anyway :)

@Jinjii

Everyone will so the value on the market will be 2g or less even xD

Anyways...not sure if the ones from BSH will be included in the vendor. i think only the other ones will.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

So going full out crit wont help you, if I am already critting like a mad man, stacking more is just dumb, better to invest in other stats, but each his own preference anyway :)

Exactly. I'd rather do 15k damage and have 20k hp than deal 10k damage and have 60k hp. To each his own!

I sacrificed a lot of HP in place of crit and crit dmg.  Plus in group pve, as a Warlock I barely get hit by anything and if I know I will, everything is usually off CD because back to the first point, I barely get hit by anything.

I think my HP is 42k as it stands but I don't have all the BiS pieces and I'm poor so I fuse cheap crits onto it.  Does the job for now though.

I think people fail to realise that crit and crit dmg do more than the measly 7ap you get from upgrading a weapon compared to the 200+ crit dmg you get from upgrading an infernal ring to a siren.  

Also, I REFUSE to buy Dragoncall vol 2 for the price it is at now.  Ridiculous price for a free dragoncall on crit, isn't worth.  I'll work my ass off to get achievement points to be eligible to buy it for 20g when 50 content comes out.  I heard that it is available for that price from a vendor.  I think the ones shown in the screenshot are the ones that are currently unavailable in the game still....obviously >.<

2 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

I think people fail to realise that crit and crit dmg do more than the measly 7ap you get from upgrading a weapon compared to the 200+ crit dmg you get from upgrading an infernal ring to a siren.  

Actually, my everything is maxed D:

This is just deciding a soulshield now, which I can either infuse/roll with crit or some other stuff like evasion/block/defense. And I go for crit. Damage!! >:V

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Actually, my everything is maxed D:

This is just deciding a soulshield now, which I can either infuse/roll with crit or some other stuff like evasion/block/defense. And I go for crit. Damage!! >:V

I'm still sitting at a pretty low 390ap because I'm poor and lazy BUT I at least try and make sure my other stats are still considerable enough to hit things harder than a feather to the face.  However I've seen people with the same ap but less crit and crit dmg but a 'better' weapon and it made me realise, accessories are must before upgrading past Siren.

Good thing about the Lab pieces though, is that even if you get a roll with no crit, the acc/eva/block/def stats can be pretty high.  Using an artisnal moonwater crit primer on one of those buggers would most certainly make a difference to defensive stats.

I have a lot of block so I was rolling around like a pleb with a 450hp regen on block gem instead of a life drain just to see if it would increase survivability and it somewhat worked.  Isn't the best but when it procs it's pretty nice.

2 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

I have a lot of block so I was rolling around like a pleb with a 450hp regen on block gem instead of a life drain just to see if it would increase survivability and it somewhat worked.  Isn't the best but when it procs it's pretty nice.

Why "instead" of a life drain gem? Are they both amethysts?

Just now, Enhance said:

Why "instead" of a life drain gem? Are they both amethysts?

Nah the 450hp regen when block is a peridot and I also dumbed out and left it until now to consider gem hammers so I still only have 3 slots.  I have a red 240 additional damage, 25 ap and the peridot one.  

Archived