Bots want to friend me now

Dad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This needs to stop. Friend invites, whispers, mailbox spam, forum inbox spam... if you don't have the technical ability or the resolve to put a stop to this type of harassment from these disgusting vermin, then you need to give us the tools to solve the problem ourselves.

Option to block mail, whispers, invites, anything from people who aren't friends or clan. Option to stay anonymous and not show up on any kind of ingame search.

Right now there's a bot in Bamboo Village, standing at the very first mailbox in the game, sending out spam mails with one copper in each. I know this, because I'm getting those mails and despite the bot being blocked, blocked as a spammer, reported as a spammer and reported as a bot, it's still standing there happily mailing away. I know this, because I just saw it there before logging off to post this.

Evidently the anti-spammer measures taken have been somewhat successful to have caused them to turn toward such aggressive approaches, but the problem is now worse. They're harassing your customers directly, and this can not be tolerated.

The gold spamers goes to a holy new lvl!!!!

I want to complaint about this . So my problem is from 2 days i constantly get friends inv from gold spamers that terror is really annoying.I dicline and they send it again!!!! FFS i want t have some button that i can ban this ppl acc ones for ever. pls NCSOFT help me.

pls do something.

Hey man I fully agree that the situation is getting worse , but could you please remove the names from ur post ?  The only thing that's worse with how NC soft is handling the pandemic is the *cricket*ers actually buying gold. Please don't advertise them. 

hi, since back days, every time I connect to the game with one of my characters, I have friend requests  from characters with names of web pages to buy gold and  mails advertising to buy gold ... and even now to enter at the forum  I had a message from an account named website .... I am the only one who feels harassed?

What I don't undertand is that when you BLOCK someone, they are still able to send friend requests. Why on earth would you let someone send a FRIEND REQUEST to someone whom have explicitly said they want nothing to do with this "player"? It makes literally no sense to allow that, this damn bot have sent me friend requests every 5 minutes or so, it's getting annoying seeing I have a friend request constantly from the very person I have blocked, thrice. I hear the bots sending me whispers every once in a while, but at least I don't have to see their messages...

NCsoft needs to take a very active roll in removing bots and an gold spammers. They need to instantly remove them. NCsoft is losing the battle and what they do now is going to determine if I play and put any real money into the game.

I'm getting sick of this, first day the tried befriend me was just 1, second day was 2, now it's 4 each time I logon!

DO SOMETHING I shouldn't have to keep logging on just to say no to BOTS that try befriending me every 5 seconds to 30 minutes! And NO i'm not joking around every where I go even in PVP it's a bot trying to friend me!

Client%202016-03-06%2013-28-37-32_zpseic

Oh how could I forget, they PM me nonstop also it doesn't matter if i'm around them or not! Even when i'm alone leveling!

Client%202016-03-07%2001-17-23-24_zps5bx

And by the way incase you NC Devs don't know, even IF you block someone they can still pm you anyway you just don't see the chat they say but you can still hear the bird noise.

For those people who keeps getting friend requests from the gold sellers.  The best thing you can do is leave the friend request pending and don't click on accept or deny. They can't send you a friend request if their is one all ready pending. They really need to add a auto deny friend request option to the game.

As for the whispers best thing you can do is block them but you will still hear the sound the whisper gives.

care full with this  add friend ... my acoount has been hacked after many decline that ... and now NCsuport block my account for repair my account but already 1 day still not finish ... wanna play :(

Its pretty annoying, I didn't had any problem with whispers or friend requests from bots since last week, my friend though was keep getting bothered from these scammers.. Now they started bothering me as well, no matter where I am and what I do... I keep getting friend requests from bots that I have blocked already and keep getting the pm sound for pm's I don't see cause I've blocked them... Yesterday I got 2 friend requests the moment the servers went up, like they never got kicked from the game due to restart... Do we have any ETA for a fix..? 

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that I cannot block them when they send friend invite. For some reason I cannot track down the nickname and block it. I catched this "virus" on Greenhollow and it keeps folling me in Winderst -where my main is. 

Hey Devs! If you are reading this thread, here is a suggestion. Make pepole profiles to be set to "private" - that means you cannot recieve any requests - trade/friend invites but you can send out invite.

Archived