Performance, FPS, LAGS, Freezes

Vledi

Hello guys i am making this topic to ask you how you deal with some problems i am having.

First off lets talk about FPS. I have sometimes 130fps or 20fps or 15 then game is playing like power point presentation. I am playing on the highest possible settings on 1080p.

My computer: Windows 10

CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC 4,7 GHz

GPU: AMD R9 290 4gb 512bit with the latest drivers

RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz

Playing the game on SSD.

I tried to set my settings to low but fps is not changing. I think the more players around me more fps i loose.

I am playing other MMOs like Archeage on the highest settings with no problems and the game has much more open world.

So please tell me if you had problem like this and you deal with it write here how.

control f does nothing. 

high video setting will drop your fps a bit even though your probably only using like 25% of your card, and like 300mb vram (your desktop included)

ive been searching for answer and all i ever get on these forums are bro your not running a k series overclocked to 5ghz! no wonder why the game runs like shit :/

21 minutes ago, Vledi said:

Hello guys i am making this topic to ask you how you deal with some problems i am having.

First off lets talk about FPS. I have sometimes 130fps or 20fps or 15 then game is playing like power point presentation. I am playing on the highest possible settings on 1080p.

My computer: Windows 10

CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC 4,7 GHz

GPU: AMD R9 290 4gb 512bit with the latest drivers

RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHz

Playing the game on SSD.

I tried to set my settings to low but fps is not changing. I think the more players around me more fps i loose.

I am playing other MMOs like Archeage on the highest settings with no problems and the game has much more open world.

So please tell me if you had problem like this and you deal with it write here how.

Wt h i also have fx6300 oced to 3.9 evo cooler 8gb ram furry at 1866 r9270x my motherboard sucks n thats why i dont oc more also os 10 i play on 1366 resolution n still bad performance graphics st on 3 

Well i got same FX 6300 3.8ghz 8gb + Gtx 750 ti playing on 1400 x 900  on optimised for combat   and my fps not just drop to 15 but my game freezes and fps  stays 15-20 fps ,  and i made a test my processor is loaded at 70% at 1 core other is at 30 % and others are like 5-10 %  so imo that game is not optimised to use maximum of multicore processors.Never had such issues with Archeage, Lineage 2 , even lol Tera at Nexus doesnt drop my fps like that and doesnt freeze and at that games i had like 100 ppl around me doing things. I used one program to auto clean memory and i feel some improvement but it still freezes sometimes  with 20+ppl doing skills and stuff , program is "Clean Memory" i read abouth that on some reddit post. Game got some memory leak issue and when you stay logged for like 2 hours whithouth restart it drops FPS .

Yea yea you all have NASA PCs, we get it.

The problem is with the server, a lot of people with good PCs have the same problem. There's also a problem cause it runs almost the same with lowest settings or highest ones for some people. It's about the game's optimization / engine.

can

4 minutes ago, MadnessCaffe said:

Yea yea you all have NASA PCs, we get it.

The problem is with the server, a lot of people with good PCs have the same problem. There's also a problem cause it runs almost the same with lowest settings or highest ones for some people. It's about the game's optimization / engine.

Well can they do somthing abouth this ? When Warlock comes and new dungeons it gonna become rly frustrating. PPl paying enough money so i think its fair to optimise it to normal level,so ppl  l with I7 for 400 euro  wont get 20 fps +freezes for 1 sec with 30 ppl fighting i think that unreal engine isnt so bad.... it cant be like i sayed Tera doesnt have that isue and uses same engine.

BnS is very cpu intensive. Not by the number of cores, but mainly single-core speed.

You´ll want an intel core, preferably a intel cpu overclocked to around 4.5 Ghz. While some AMD cpu may be ok, I can´t recommend the fx-series.

I run 60 FPS, dipping down to 50ish during dungeons and rarely to 25-35 during 24 man instances or blackwyrm.

That´s on 2 intel pc´s, both overclocked to 4.3 Ghz (sandylake) and 4.7 Ghz. (skylake)

2 hours ago, LagIncarnate said:

Well there's your problem right there, just avoid players, problem solved.

Or use ctrl+F to get rid of all the other players.

The problem with ctrl+F is that it stills renders special effects, I get 20fps on Mysterious Man with players hidden but In any 4 man dungeon with players shown I have +50

To make it clear:

UE3 = HEAVY CPU!

UE3 = ONLY 1 CORE USED!!!! (25% Usage on 4790k Hyperthreading Disabled)

UE3 = NEEDS HIGH Single CORE Performance!!! AMD = LOW singlecore Performance.

solution upgrade to intel (High Singlecore Performance) or deal with the bad fps

5 minutes ago, LiriC said:

stop it with the ctr+F   BS .. it dose nothing.

Helps by like maybe 2-5 FPS but it doesn't fix it does it? So many fanboys that so desperately want to ignore the crippling optimization issues this game has, no surprise when I just wasted 8GB of bandwith to install Lineage II it didn't work shocking had to set its optimization profile to Vista before it would even let me make a character. The terrible optimization has killed most of my desire to play this game, can't do much progress with how broken it is in group content

Ctrl+f for me is only like 5 fps better - no more. So it's just a theory that Ctrl+f will improve something. I recently oc'ed my old I5-2500k to 4.2ghz and I felt better results in performance but still not really huge difference. Now in BW fights I have like +15 more fps with less freeze times.

1 minute ago, epr said:

Ctrl+f for me is only like 5 fps better - no more. So it's just a theory that Ctrl+f will improve something. I recently oc'ed my old I5-2500k to 4.2ghz and I felt better results in performance but still not really huge difference. Now in BW fights I have like +15 more fps with less freeze times.

15 FPS is a huge increase.

I.e. 25 FPS is quite untolerable - where was 40 FPS is bearable (not optimal).

Blackwyrm last night we had freezes for upto 1 min. and this was on HIGH end pcs.   one of our Clan mates Works with pcs and have insane specs. still freezes.

Ncsoft refuses to adress it. and dont push it.. you will get banned for it.

anyways long story short. I noticed the longer since last crash,server restart and maint. the more laggy and freezing it becomes.. i guess it same with staying in arena long time... Memory leak maybe?

The problem is that people "kiss that ass" far to much.

From 100% as community it's proven that 50% hate it and 50% "love it" .... now I'm very sry but 50% to hate is huge... and that alone says alot because that 50% will only make bad reviews scaring for maybe the ones that "would love it" ... and from what TIME has to say .. that 50% will drop to 20% because of people moving on.. or from other reasons..like getting bored. and so on.

Because of people like this the game will slowly die, people don't understand that all this hate... is a good hate . because WE are the ones that are pushing devs. to do something...and not just "smile and wave boys.. smile and wave" .

We are the ones that are kicking ass and making things happen .. and this shit optimization is another reason to hate .

If people go on and on.. "I love it .. it's perfect" when you have 50% telling you "Are you retarded? look how broken it is" .. then you as a game must have a HUGE problem.

Hmmm guys i opened the game with MSI Afterburner to see how much of my cpu is using this game. So the result was just like this:

CPU1; 87%

CPU2; 21%

CPU3; 8%

CPU4; 76%

CPU5; 12%

CPU6; 85%

What a nice teamwork :D  So i tested on other games with open world like Archeage all cpu was like 30-45%, Aion: 40-50%, Tera:40-60%.

I think where will be no problem if this game get DX11.

As for the freezing  here is a video of how bad it started to become after the 2/12 and 2/17 patches 

there are others videos on the channel.  So there are a few problems with the performance improvement patch. One is that the limit per single core was lifted making it so the core will hit 100% and having to complete the instructions given before any new interrupts can be put  in the chain effectively  making a que for the back up. This issue can aplified on some of AMDs CPUs as the only have 1 FPU per module. You can somewhat improve this by stoping client.exe from using either odd or even cores. 

to do this after you start the game open up task manager the find client.exe under the processes tab. Right click client.exe and look for set affinity you want to uncheck  cpu 1, 3,5,7 if you don't have over don't worry it depends on the processor.

and before any one yells at me for the AMD mention Intel hyper treading has similar issues when running the same instructions on the hyperthreaded core and physical core at the same time. 

As as for this being a perfect fix it is not. I changed this machine to multi boot window 7, 8, and 10 for testing. 7 runs the best by far 

I hope you can start doing bosses for the first time or again?

19 minutes ago, Vledi said:

Hmmm guys i opened the game with MSI Afterburner to see how much of my cpu is using this game. So the result was just like this:

CPU1; 87%

CPU2; 21%

CPU3; 8%

CPU4; 76%

CPU5; 12%

CPU6; 85%

What a nice teamwork :D  So i tested on other games with open world like Archeage all cpu was like 30-45%, Aion: 40-50%, Tera:40-60%.

I think where will be no problem if this game get DX11.

Thre freezing has nothing to do with the graphic Api but rather the way the instructions are being deligated. 

11 minutes ago, LiriC said:

I dont see this game all that hot in the future . and I also dont see a DX11 either.

Well it's future it tons better than games like Black Desert, Archeage which are kind of dead in East. But for years B&S still live and populated there.

I freeze at bw so easily, 

I dunno if its m computer since i use nl a siple laptop, I7 with a graphic card NVIDIA, think a recent one.

but it makes me wonder if it isnt better to get a desktop with good part and play this game properly.

usually I am fine with every dungeon, and 24 man ones, but BW is the WORST.

I freeze then bam either start moving when bw dead, or i dc. 

Archived