I would pay to get rid of bot... 29.99$

Pirhos

Yes, I really love this game and I would pay 29.99$ for it. As long as there is no monthly fee. Why not add 2 month premium with that? At least this will discourage freaking bots to buy account over and over after getting banned, no?

What's your tought about this guys? Probably too late anyway to charge for this, but well. I keep reading ideas on the forum and there is no real solution yet. -_-

29 minutes ago, LubbyLuB said:

If you think there is a solution over here then TW/CN BnS would have solutions long ago :)

there pretty much is A LOT of solutions for B&S problems...it's just that developers and producers and managers don't want to :)

7 minutes ago, Melnar said:

last time i played gw2 thats all that chat was

I think you are really full of shit. I play GW2 and I don't remember when was the last time I saw bots spamming the chat. A pay wall on this game accompanied by a daily mass banned will teach those ffkers a lesson. Pay $30 dollars, spam, banned. Lets see how long will they want to keep bring their business over here. Unfortunately this is not the case and they will continue to spam the crap out of this game. But its too late for them since I already uninstalled. I cant put up with chat spam, limited item limit on market and a ridiculous RNG along other crap like master loot. I also play ESO and no bot spam there.

Amen! Looks like it s the way to go. Pay to play like Gw2, ESO, etc. Yes there's still bot, but they give up fast after a couple of bans. They should learn from them, aren't they in the same building or something lol.

6 hours ago, LubbyLuB said:

If you think there is a solution over here then TW/CN BnS would have solutions long ago :)

Cannot compare asian side game management. Especially CN, All CN games are flooded with bots, and they don't give a crap. At least over here I'm seeing some improvements to global channel spam, so call me optimistic but I truly have hopes they are cracking down on bots and figuring out a way.

Just now, Celestine said:

As I already mentioned in another thread, a paywall's not gonna repel bots. $30 is chump change compared to what they earn. The real killers are ingame GMs

A pay wall is a small barrier, monthly sub is another small barrier. Being able to buy gold in the game, i.e. currency exchange is another barrier. If you put up enough barriers, you can slow them down significantly, but all in all, you need people actively catching and banning them enough to do any severe damage.

5 hours ago, Bladez said:

I think you are really full of shit. I play GW2 and I don't remember when was the last time I saw bots spamming the chat. A pay wall on this game accompanied by a daily mass banned will teach those ffkers a lesson. Pay $30 dollars, spam, banned. Lets see how long will they want to keep bring their business over here. Unfortunately this is not the case and they will continue to spam the crap out of this game. But its too late for them since I already uninstalled. I cant put up with chat spam, limited item limit on market and a ridiculous RNG along other crap like master loot. I also play ESO and no bot spam there.

A monthly fee doesn't stop them, back in the day Lineage 2 was p2p and while the gold spammers weren't in droves there were droves of gold farmers. They got banned oh well.. get a new code.. and go right back to it. Putting a fee on the game doesn't hurt the bots at all. 

The reason why the botting epidemic exists is because there is a demand for their products, enough demand to support a thriving real money marketplace.

The solution, therefore, is to severely curtail demand.  How?

Suspend and / or ban players purchasing gold or other services from the owners of those bots.

You can always stay a step or two behind the bots, nipping at their heels, or you can go straight for the jugular by killing demand.

"RELAX" is exactly what we are here for. And having bots kills our relaxation.

Imagine a vacation where you missed your plane, your baggage gets lost, your room booked is given away (because of the plane missed) and you're given a room next to a road work site. No one would call such kind of vacation "relaxing".

But this is what we are here for; we're going to work during work hours, have to deal with enough kind of shit and finally at the end of the day we want to relax in an environement that works smooth as intended. No surprises like lag, maintenance or bots killing the economy/arean/dungeons. 

-------------

Right now, NCsoft just dove like a submarine; we don't get any information what they're working on or if we are even noticed. Server crashes are confirmed via Twitter, not the official forums. What's next? Announcements on Weibo? (chinese Twitter)

As much as I love the Game I would not pay for it. Not right now. The thing for me is all the crashes and Lags the ongoing problems. There are hell alot of  Bots and Spammers. And atleast the Spam got a little better (atlest I can read faction chat again... couldnt read it before their "solutions") Especially annoying for me I keep getting Costumes not wearable for my Race, and theyre atm useless I cannot trade them. This shouldn't be they should be atleast be tradeable through Account.

So all in all for this Game to be worth to pay there have to vanish some of the most obvious and annoying things... like the lags or crashing... and especially the patchtimes... for EU using the ones of NA is like telling EU theyre Shit... and theyre not its a big market and I do not get why they get facepunched like this..

Ok, BnS is already free to play, but NCSoft could do just like GW2 did, they made the game f2p with restrictions: cant use market, cant use mail, cant use trade, cant use global chat restricted only for p2p members. That kills all their resources. It don't need to be expensive, $5 per acc is a profit killer for them, lets see they doing 100 acc a day.

Dunno about p2p games from ncsoft, but they suck hard in managing f2p. I myself played l2 accross private servers for years and when they made f2p the "official" one i came to stay there for about half year and left again. Bot amount is just terrifying.  Trains of them running in every more popular and not so popular areas, its terrible management in this matter. Ncsoft completely ignore that their "anti-bot" system (same for l2 and bns) works as good as pencil to smash insects. And they "work" like this in l2 for 5 years~ since it became f2p and had to deal with increased amounts of bots, nothing improved over that time, not expecting something to be improved over a decade(who i am kidding... nothing will be improved even after decade...) here too .

Also, not sure if its because not so popular or they managing bot problem better in l2,but innova (official l2 publisher in europe) keeps their servers much much much much cleaner. And as i read in news that innova taking BnS to publish it in some countries - that makes some hope for me, not hope that nsoft finally gonna see bot problem as problem and take serious actions.

Archived