[Mushin / Poharan / Jiwan] 3:1 Faction Ratio Unbalanced!

Dizeliun

I play on Jiwan, yet I've heard of this issue on every top server (Mushin / Poh / ect) that Crimson Legion is outnumbered by Cerulean at the very least 2:1 ratio. It's extremely frustrating when every time you get into a battle you are outnumbered by 4v1 minimum, it makes open world PvP just horrid. My guild is a top 3 on my server for Crimson Legion and are all thinking of switching which makes the imbalance even worse. There seems to be no other option as CO literally dominates channels 1-15. I really love playing the Red faction (Horde WoW) and thought this would be the faction that was going to be dominant, it's so confusing why people choose the faction with worse ideals / colors in the first place. Now it seems that people are just hopping on the CO bandwagon and there seems to be nothing NCSoft is going to do about it, let alone address it.

the only thing I can think of to rectify the problem is giving the faction with the less members a temporary buff/enhancement until there's equilibrium between both.
It's absolutely horrible on Mushin to the point where Ceruleans are practically asking Crimsons for kill trades.

2 hours ago, Krosa said:

the only thing I can think of to rectify the problem is giving the faction with the less members a temporary buff/enhancement until there's equilibrium between both.
It's absolutely horrible on Mushin to the point where Ceruleans are practically asking Crimsons for kill trades.

"Practically"?  After Cerus gang-jump me, one of them almost always whispers me now to ask me if I want to kill trade.  I always respond with an affirmative, that I'll be right back there, then I intentionally never show up.

29 minutes ago, Whargoul said:

Don't want to just *cricket* and moan about it, But when you cannot do quests because every NPC is dead on all the channels.. well..

Actually, my biggest complaint right now is not being able to collect/turn in my quests because Ceru is farming all of our NPCs on every channel.  It's difficult enough completing the quests, why does it have to be sometimes impossible to pick them up/turn them in, too?

And if your (general 'you', not you specifically, @Whargoul) answer is "PvP game" or "clear them out of your base with your faction", I question how much PvP is happening because I'm waiting on the tower to collect my quests instead of being out around the area doing them.  And my faction is basically a ghost that can barely muster a half-defense of one channel when someone tries really hard to organize them, so that's also simply out.

15 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

Actually, my biggest complaint right now is not being able to collect/turn in my quests because Ceru is farming all of our NPCs on every channel.  It's difficult enough completing the quests, why does it have to be sometimes impossible to pick them up/turn them in, too?

And if your (general 'you', not you specifically, @Whargoul) answer is "PvP game" or "clear them out of your base with your faction", I question how much PvP is happening because I'm waiting on the tower to collect my quests instead of being out around the area doing them.  And my faction is basically a ghost that can barely muster a half-defense of one channel when someone tries really hard to organize them, so that's also simply out.

I agree, World PvP as it is, on Poharan, is not really PvP. more so horde mode. 

8 hours ago, Dizeliun said:

I play on Jiwan, yet I've heard of this issue on every top server (Mushin / Poh / ect) that Crimson Legion is outnumbered by Cerulean at the very least 2:1 ratio. It's extremely frustrating when every time you get into a battle you are outnumbered by 4v1 minimum, it makes open world PvP just horrid. My guild is a top 3 on my server for Crimson Legion and are all thinking of switching which makes the imbalance even worse. There seems to be no other option as CO literally dominates channels 1-15. I really love playing the Red faction (Horde WoW) and thought this would be the faction that was going to be dominant, it's so confusing why people choose the faction with worse ideals / colors in the first place. Now it seems that people are just hopping on the CO bandwagon and there seems to be nothing NCSoft is going to do about it, let alone address it.

Seeing how much gold sellers are spamming on Crimson legion. It pretty easy to tell, that more bots flood the Crimson Legion(default programmed to join crimson league?), hence, you get this problem. I'm on poharan. It's not even 2:1. more like than 8:1. Cerulean are dominating most of the channels.

That faction changer shouldn't even exist. If something that should be a NCoin cashshop item to drastically reduce people switching.

Yea, Mushin server failed. Everyone went to Cerulean. I've seen blues troll our chat for laughs. Not outnumbered at just Misty either. You go anywhere 45+ and you see 90%+ ceruleans. I gaurentee if you hover your mouse over people's name you will see a majority ceruleans. I have tried to talk to many of them and they just don't want to talk. Had a small discussion on faction chat last night asking if you would pvp if you knew it was always a win. It's like a 45 picking on a 20. I wouldn't do it because that is very boring and people agree with that logic. So when they outnumber, I question where their mind is at really and if they are giggling to themselves feeling they really won or something.

A lot of ceruleans openly wear their faction uniforms everywhere because of the shear number difference and potential for allies to jump in. If I kill a person, usually it ends up with a bunch of guys throwing their outfit on and jumping. They are even cocky and lax enough to do it and afk/npc and then complain they died or people complain I'm picking on an AFK? If I see someone with a uniform on regardless if afk or not, I'm not gonna sit there and be like, "hey you there? I'm gonna pvp now!" and wait for a response. You put on the outfit, that means you are ready for pvp.

What I do find entertaining is when I take on multiple people at once and still win which happens every now and then. I've also pissed people off enough to actually follow me on channels. They must be on faction chat asking about me or something to find me so fast right after I switch. They are poor sports really that can't take a loss and can't play the game with a cool head is what I'm thinking and is another reason they go to the zerg side. Something I do question is, I've had someone follow me within a 30second time frame after I hid and switched channels and found exactly where I was. Very questionable behavior but with the recent video of people hacking, I wouldn't be surprised. But others seem to just follow through chat or something and are steaming as hell.

As it stands, Crimson side is just shrinking more and more as the days pass. It's very bad. Might as well not even have open world pvp anymore at this point.

Also, I see people on the forum and in faction chat openly discuss this issue which are usually always on the underdog's side but never the zerg side which is odd. The majority of players are on the zerg side but are usually absent from these discussions as if they are shamed and want to remain silent.

So we just need poker face when we do daily faction ?

I cant do daily cuz cerulean with masive ppl waiting to kill me from above in misty woods.

Can GM do something about blocking cerulean for new player so make it balance 1st and open it again when balance the faction. If i can change my faction its not the problem.cerulean full an i cant change it,and why new player can join cerulean when its already full.

Sorry bad english ?

12 hours ago, BOMBFIRST said:

That faction changer shouldn't even exist. If something that should be a NCoin cashshop item to drastically reduce people switching.

Yea, Mushin server failed. Everyone went to Cerulean. I've seen blues troll our chat for laughs. Not outnumbered at just Misty either. You go anywhere 45+ and you see 90%+ ceruleans. I gaurentee if you hover your mouse over people's name you will see a majority ceruleans. I have tried to talk to many of them and they just don't want to talk. Had a small discussion on faction chat last night asking if you would pvp if you knew it was always a win. It's like a 45 picking on a 20. I wouldn't do it because that is very boring and people agree with that logic. So when they outnumber, I question where their mind is at really and if they are giggling to themselves feeling they really won or something.

A lot of ceruleans openly wear their faction uniforms everywhere because of the shear number difference and potential for allies to jump in. If I kill a person, usually it ends up with a bunch of guys throwing their outfit on and jumping. They are even cocky and lax enough to do it and afk/npc and then complain they died or people complain I'm picking on an AFK? If I see someone with a uniform on regardless if afk or not, I'm not gonna sit there and be like, "hey you there? I'm gonna pvp now!" and wait for a response. You put on the outfit, that means you are ready for pvp.

What I do find entertaining is when I take on multiple people at once and still win which happens every now and then. I've also pissed people off enough to actually follow me on channels. They must be on faction chat asking about me or something to find me so fast right after I switch. They are poor sports really that can't take a loss and can't play the game with a cool head is what I'm thinking and is another reason they go to the zerg side. Something I do question is, I've had someone follow me within a 30second time frame after I hid and switched channels and found exactly where I was. Very questionable behavior but with the recent video of people hacking, I wouldn't be surprised. But others seem to just follow through chat or something and are steaming as hell.

As it stands, Crimson side is just shrinking more and more as the days pass. It's very bad. Might as well not even have open world pvp anymore at this point.

Also, I see people on the forum and in faction chat openly discuss this issue which are usually always on the underdog's side but never the zerg side which is odd. The majority of players are on the zerg side but are usually absent from these discussions as if they are shamed and want to remain silent.

Great post. I agree with you. The only reason I voice my opinion is because I've heard of games that fail due to the game being unplayable if on one faction. I know there are more people like me who are loyal and WANT to play red and don't want to loose faction rank along with the hard work you put into your guild. The only option is to go CO / face faction desertion / or quit the game. I'm heading towards quitting since I don't want to join the side that plays dirty to win

18 hours ago, Dizeliun said:

Great post. I agree with you. The only reason I voice my opinion is because I've heard of games that fail due to the game being unplayable if on one faction. I know there are more people like me who are loyal and WANT to play red and don't want to loose faction rank along with the hard work you put into your guild. The only option is to go CO / face faction desertion / or quit the game. I'm heading towards quitting since I don't want to join the side that plays dirty to win

The fact that you call CO's playing dirty is actually insane (Red on Mushin here which I dislike playing my mushin character because its near impossible to do my soulstonne dailies) You know full well that if red was the more dominant side it would be the same issue. Don't speak as if either faction would really have a moral high ground such as not ganking people overwhelmed by mobs or kill low level players.

This is an MMO with very little consequence for killing other players. (also next to no gain since killing another player only gives you the satisfaction of inconveniencing them.

Even with the population difference, a channel can only hold so many players but its insanely difficult to get players to actually work together and fill up a channel.

On 18/02/2016 at 8:47 PM, Destinykraze said:

Seeing how much gold sellers are spamming on Crimson legion. It pretty easy to tell, that more bots flood the Crimson Legion(default programmed to join crimson league?), hence, you get this problem. I'm on poharan. It's not even 2:1. more like than 8:1. Cerulean are dominating most of the channels.

You should roll a blue character.  Spam isn't different there.

This has nothing to do with Red or Blue it is strictly how the game is set up. It would take no effort to remove the NPC that allows people to defect to the already over numbered side. They need to raise the lvl on when you can pick a side to get rid of all the low lvl bot spammers in faction chat. If the gold spammers want to spam make there ass's lvl up and work for it. Maybe the admin or devs should actually get a lvl 45 toon play the game and see what we are talking about.

16 hours ago, Emberlynia said:

This has nothing to do with Red or Blue it is strictly how the game is set up. It would take no effort to remove the NPC that allows people to defect to the already over numbered side. They need to raise the lvl on when you can pick a side to get rid of all the low lvl bot spammers in faction chat. If the gold spammers want to spam make there ass's lvl up and work for it. Maybe the admin or devs should actually get a lvl 45 toon play the game and see what we are talking about.

This.

In Yehara, Crimsons outnumber Ceruleans 6 to 1, and its always a red colored map on every single channel. And when Ceruleans even dare to organize and try to farm a channel, the news quickly spread and you will see over 50 crimsons jumping on 20 ceruleans.

Its not a amtter of color, both sides are equally pricks.

On 2/19/2016 at 7:02 AM, Dizeliun said:

Yea I officially quit the other day. Just checking up on the forums a little and will probably never be seen here again soon enough. Game really isn't worth playing anymore it seems.

5 hours ago, Bootydoo said:

I've got to say that shrinking the channels down in misty woods from 12 to 8 was the best solution for improving the faction gap. It definitely reflects on the company's intelligence as a whole for having such an excellent idea. 

Channels are dictated by amount of players online in the area. 

More players= more channels. 

1 hour ago, Mishi said:

Channels are dictated by amount of players online in the area. 

More players= more channels. 

Yeah, I said this to my clan mates and they called me a moron.

So I accept being an idiot today. Tomorrow though, hopefully a bit less of one. 

Archived