Want to buy weapon skins but won't until...

Skyfire

I would love to throw more money at NC Soft and buy some weapon skins. I even just purchased $50 worth of NC Coin, perhaps less than a week after I purchased yet another $50. However, I will not until weapon skins have their own custom slot like glasses, costume, etc. I mean, why would I want to overwrite my founder's pack weapon skin?  I know for a fact that I am not alone here.

That said, thank you for the patch guys and for all the things the patch has addressed. I see the daily spin is back just the way we want it. I haven't had a chance to check out the new voices (hopefully supply chain voices have had a MAJOR overhaul), and despite freeloaders complaining, thank you for giving us a reason to actually keep premium membership, even though I still would like to see the wardrobe as a non-premium feature.

7 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

I would love to throw more money at NC Soft and buy some weapon skins. I even just purchased $50 worth of NC Coin, perhaps less than a week after I purchased yet another $50. However, I will not until weapon skins have their own custom slot like glasses, costume, etc. I mean, why would I want to overwrite my founder's pack weapon skin?  I know for a fact that I am not alone here.

That said, thank you for the patch guys and for all the things the patch has addressed. I see the daily spin is back just the way we want it. I haven't had a chance to check out the new voices (hopefully supply chain voices have had a MAJOR overhaul), and despite freeloaders complaining, thank you for giving us a reason to actually keep premium membership, even though I still would like to see the wardrobe as a non-premium feature.

Yea I really want the valentines day bangle skin. But knowing me- later on I'll want to change it and it would be a big waste of money :(

True, it would be a lot better to be able to apply the glamour and switch out with others. Especially if they're going to be selling holiday-exclusive glamours, so people will need to buy them if they EVER want them, and then won't be able to reapply if they want to change it 

I am sure a lot of you will disagree with me on this, but here goes nothing.

I don't really care that they put it as a one time use only, the reason being is that maybe you'll find one you REALLY like later, and use it then. However, you could just simply make another weapon and have the same weapon ( I know that takes a lot of gold BUT it can be done)  and have a different skin on each one :) Simple.

If people are referring to weapon skins being destroyed when removed from a weapon or being replaced, I've had multiple people confirm that this has been changed. You can now change weapon skins at will, though it still costs a few silver to do.

21 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

I am sure a lot of you will disagree with me on this, but here goes nothing.

I don't really care that they put it as a one time use only, the reason being is that maybe you'll find one you REALLY like later, and use it then. However, you could just simply make another weapon and have the same weapon ( I know that takes a lot of gold BUT it can be done)  and have a different skin on each one :) Simple.

Another weapon? Do you have any idea how much blood sweat and tears, not to mention the cost of gems, was it to get just one true siren weapon?

16 minutes ago, Anjon said:

If people are referring to weapon skins being destroyed when removed from a weapon or being replaced, I've had multiple people confirm that this has been changed. You can now change weapon skins at will, though it still costs a few silver to do.

Wait what? How? I'm still at work earning money for the costumes I'll buy.

20 minutes ago, Anjon said:

I'd like some video proof of this before attempting anything.

This is one of those idiotic purchase appearance items I take it .. 

YEP annoying as hell .. i have the founders model in bank but NOT sure if I will ever use it as it is a one shot deal which seems JUST wrong BUT this has been brought up since the first CBT and nothing was done about it it either..

GL guys

20 minutes ago, Anjon said:

Really? Interesting.  I would have thought NC would have touted that.  It would be interesting to have an official confirmation or denial.

+1 for option to store and reuse skins, and I'd also pay for the opportunity. I won't use any skins at the moment though. I'm not sure why NC feels that they have to be so greedy about those...it's not like they're cheap anyways. Or the costumes. new White costume looks great, and it's only 25$ !!!! 

Yeesh. 

at least it's storable. with all the cash shop sinks in the store already, I feel like they are being greedy gremlins with the skins. 

If a mod doesn't post here to confirm that they can be used multiple times, then it's unlikely to be true that they can.

They still want you to buy them, and if they tell you "no, they're not reusable", then you won't buy them.

Soooo the silence pretty much says to me, that nothing has changed. Pity.

I am here to give my feedback on this also. You have all these beautiful weapon skins that you are selling on the store (yes I also bought around $40 worth of NcCoins) but I will not be tempted to buy more if my weapon skins get replaced every time I reskin the weapon.

Please find a way to change this, I'll keep my Heavy Metal weapon forever (and this means less buying from the store) if something isn't done.

Like suggested above, add a skin slot like you do with glasses, headpiece, etc

Make it happen asap, not a feature for next year please, and thank you.

Archived