Ram 4gb

FunkyNote

So, I've been running this problem since I've instaled the game. The nightmare infinite crashes on loading screens, that make you wanna quit playing this game. 

Then I went searching on many forums and such and realised many people having the same issue and MANY of them claiming having a fix for it.

I tryed I think all the types of fixs possible, like razer things, managing virtual memory, reinstaling the game, erasing gameguard content folder, fixing it, and some more I don't remember. big headache! 

So I was runing a i7 2.5gz, nvidia 720M, 4gb ram and what i did was going to the local computer store and upgraded my ram to 8gb. 

Its working perfectly fine now and I can even upgrade some of the graphics that i couldn't cause i had no memory to it.

Just to let some people know that if you have 4gb ram and ur sistem consumes lets say 500mbs , you end having less. If you need a minimum of 4gb and you don't have it, your game probably will crash and keep crashing like mine did and the only possible way to fix it is upgrading your RAM. 

And if you have poor RAM and using windows 10 system is even worst. maybe with 7 you will run it, but windows 10 sucks virtual memory and ram like a *cricket*.

Earlier, my BnS client was using around 2.3GB RAM (I have 16GB).

For 32bit Windows users, maximum RAM allocated for a single program is 2GB by default.

You can increase the max allocation (say, 3GB) by doing the following:

1. Open up an elevated command prompt ( cmd → right click → run as administrator)

2. Type in: "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072" (without the quotes)

3. Restart PC

4. Play BnS and enjoy.

You can do this for the meantime if upgrading RAM is not yet an option.

Also, if anyone here is still running a 32bit version of either Win7 or Win8.x and you decide to upgrade your RAM to greater than 4GB, you can upgrade to a 64bit version of Win10 for free.

Hope this helps...

5 minutes ago, Emya said:

For 32bit Windows users, maximum RAM allocated for a single program is 2GB by default.

1. Open up an elevated command prompt ( cmd → right click → run as administrator)

3. Restart PC

4. Play BnS and enjoy.

Also, if anyone here is still running a 32bit version of either Win7 or Win8.x and you decide to upgrade your RAM to greater than 4GB, you can upgrade to a 64bit version of Win10 for free.

Hope this helps...

Do NOT do this, folks.

You're going to starve the kernel, it's eventually going to attempt to load some driver that's been designed to run in memory and you're going to bluescreen. This is how you corrupt a system.

15 minutes ago, Emya said:

3. Restart PC

4. Play BnS and enjoy.

Hope this helps...

Instructions unclear.

Banana lodged in rectum.

What do?

Well yeah, don't do it if you run ANYTHING alongside BnS, even just your internet browser.

If you only have your default drivers and services running (must have absolutely no background processes like Skype, etc), even if you have your AV on, you'll be fine.

Just to add, if it's not immediately clear from the posts up above, if you are running 32bit Windows and want to upgrade your memory above 4GB, you will have to upgrade to a 64bit version of Windows. The limit on 32bit versions is 4GB. Anything over 4GB is simply ignored by 32 bit operating systems.

32GB ram clocked @3000mhz on PC with 4GB discrete graphics so no problems here.  My laptop however has 8GB ram @1600mhz and only 1GB shared graphics and still no problems.

4GB ram is what smartphones come with now. Any system(laptop/pc) running 4gb and under needs and upgrade to 8GB if it cant be upgraded you are in need of a new system. Another problem some people also seem to be having is the low frames on OP systems maybe this is related to processor power/config?

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

That's a harsh way of putting it! It's like saying that decimal digits ignore numbers above 9. They just don't know what to call them :C

32bit is the size of the registry dealt with by the processor, this however does not store as much computing values compared to a 64bit enviroment/processor. As a result, this size of registry is only able to deal with 4-5 billion times less ram, idk the exact amount numbers aren't my forte. 

All processors nowadays are 64bit, it makes little to no sense running them in a 32bit environment unless you need them to interpret 16 bit code/installers.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

That's a harsh way of putting it! It's like saying that decimal digits ignore numbers above 9. They just don't know what to call them :C

Hey, sometimes you just have to be cruel to be kind!

To the person above the address space for a 32bit system is 2^32 = 4,294,967,296 = 4GB

38 minutes ago, Katush said:

32bit is the size of the registry dealt with by the processor, this however does not store as much computing values compared to a 64bit enviroment/processor. As a result, this size of registry is only able to deal with 4-5 billion times less ram, idk the exact amount numbers aren't my forte. 

All processors nowadays are 64bit, it makes little to no sense running them in a 32bit environment unless you need them to interpret 16 bit code/installers.

You probably didn't quite get my joke. The same way digits 0-9 "ignore" numbers 10 and above, 32-bit registry "ignores" numbers above 2^32. I was making a joke out of the saying that windows ignores the RAM, as if it disregards it and doesn't like it (or being a tsundere), rather than having no way of calling it.

Speaking of processor architecture, most processors have been on 64-bit architecture since intel's Core 2 series and i-series (so like 2005), I doubt anyone uses a 32-bit processor nowadays.

1 hour ago, Profyrion said:

Trying to run this game on 4GB seems like a fool's errand.  Especially when RAM is so cheap.  There's just no excuse.  :P

Being fair, the game minimum and recommended specs are extremely misleading if not outright wrong.

But on topic, if you have 4GB of ram and Windows 10 you might face some performance issues due to Windows 10's memory compression, when BnS unloads a map Windows 10 doesn't prune it right away, it first tries to compress it before releasing it while the BnS process is already looking for more free RAM and it just creates chaos, disabling windows 10 memory compression partially fixes the performance issues caused by this, but this is not an easy thing to do and requires editing the registry.

22 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You probably didn't quite get my joke. The same way digits 0-9 "ignore" numbers 10 and above, 32-bit registry "ignores" numbers above 2^32. I was making a joke out of the saying that windows ignores the RAM, as if it disregards it and doesn't like it (or being a tsundere), rather than having no way of calling it.

Speaking of processor architecture, most processors have been on 64-bit architecture since intel's Core 2 series and i-series (so like 2005), I doubt anyone uses a 32-bit processor nowadays.

Probably didnt get your joke as I'm not masterful with numbers...which I did did mention earlier. And As I also mentioned earlier...unless you have to interpret 16bit code.

You guys are so... egh..

There is a guy who made a program to allocate the 2GB RAM to 4GB via his self made coded program:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

This guy is a God, he helped me via this program for 32-bit clients like BnS.

Make sure to thank him on the forums, this is a really good program.

Next time, do some research before complaining.. God.

1 minute ago, Mitsuyko said:

You guys are so... egh..

There is a guy who made a program to allocate the 2GB RAM to 3GB via his self made coded program:

And you should've read the thread before getting on that horse and sounding so condescending. The issue with running it on 4 GB RAM systems (in x86 too) is often not the 2GB-per-app limit, but the sheer lack of RAM to spare.

3 minutes ago, Mitsuyko said:

You guys are so... egh..

There is a guy who made a program to allocate the 2GB RAM to 3GB via his self made coded program:

just no. It is friggin 2016 man. There is no excuse why anybody should still use 32bit OS and 4GB of ram. 64bit OS is out for a decade now and even if you are dirt poor, you can already get a decent 64bit system for a couple of bucks.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

And you should've read the thread before getting on that horse and sounding so condescending. The issue with running it on 4 GB RAM systems (in x86 too) is often not the 2GB-per-app limit, but the sheer lack of RAM to spare.

He said he upgraded to 8GB, so that should not be a probem anymore.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

And he doesn't have a problem. As I said, you should've read the thread.

Here's his quote: 

Then why are you complaining on my post?

I shared the link because someone else posted a bold way to allocate the memory via CMD.

Whatever, to each his own.

Archived