Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

I am sorry but the Warlock does not need to be level 50 to function "properly".  I have mained it on BnS Taiwan and the only difference is the skill points.  Leveling a warlock from 1 to 45 does not do anything in the game.  In fact from 1 to 45 as a warlock is just as the same as other classes.

While I hate to disagree with you I slightly do, and please don't chuck me under the bus, but ugh, if the warlock was released now with lvl 50 in mind, but only reaching lvl 45, then he would be SLIGHTLY more powerful then the rest of the classes, that's why  people keep saying at lvl 50, cause that's when all things balance out.

2 minutes ago, Kirren said:

SHHHHHH they'll never know the difference!!!!! 

I dont know how stupid the community is, but surely no one can fall for this :D

Also if you really wanna be specific and to the detail you got the class difficulty rating, and the LBM in which in our version its LBD ;)

One thing I have seen and learned is that if too much teasing and hype is given and they keep telling customers its coming very soon while letting them know that it is already in, it will *cricket* customers off and make them leave slowly.  Its a good Marketing tactic but again too much teasing and no information is also bad.

1 minute ago, LexyLee said:

I dont know how stupid the community is, but surely no one can fall for this :D

ohh there is some one out there!!! i know it. sadly but truly. lol but took that from my screen shots cant wait to have my warlock back. uiSoqGZ.jpg

26 minutes ago, Kirren said:

H0JepEF.jpg

Warlock confirmed Feb 10th get ready warlock mains!

Obvious troll, but I wanted it to be true so bad that this did prompt me to do a quick google search, just in case.  ;P

Still, a fake quote with a link to an official BnS patch article that doesn't include the quote would've been more effective. 

3 minutes ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

One thing I have seen and learned is that if too much teasing and hype is given and they keep telling customers its coming very soon while letting them know that it is already in, it will *cricket* customers off and make them leave slowly.  Its a good Marketing tactic but again too much teasing and no information is also bad.

Very true, whihc I why I feel when they said "Very Very Soon" it hyped the community too much, ugh yes its also the community for having the wrong perception of how soon is soon, but that's one problem with developers saying soon... everyone takes it differently. For example by soon I expect the same month, let alone very very soon. but then I know some, which will refer to soon as a year at most. If I was the dev team (which I'm not) I'd just release an "atleast" statement, aka "Atleast 2 months away" then youre not giving a specific date, and by saying atleast you still kinda cover their ass.

3 hours ago, Goji said:

No one who's pushing for the Warlock class is complaining about a lack of content; they're complaining about not being able to play their main when it's already in the game.  The lack of information is the worst part.  If the Warlock is going to be here within the next couple weeks then starting up another game, or leveling an alt, would be pointless.  If it's going to be 3-4 months I can just forget about it for now and do something else.  Fact is that the lack of information is holding me hostage right now, and it's irritating. 

Don't try to equate this to some kind of "people are never happy," platitude; what NCSoft is intentionally doing here is literally screwing Warlock mains. 

Couldn't have said this any better.

Like I'm not one for complaining or anything, but "Lack of information is holding me hostage right now".

Perfectly explains how I feel right now, and it is starting to feel irritating. My BnS gameplay consist of Do Dailies > Sit in faction chat. Sometimes I pvp but since its not the class I usually play (WL on TW/JP) I feel forced and speeding up the "burnout" feeling. Yes I can just stop playing, but if WL doesn't release "soon", like they are saying it will be, I'd be putting myself behind not keeping up with my dailies. I could also go play another game, but if that was an option, I wouldn't be here in the first place right? Lol 

Most of us want to see the game succeed, and I have no issues with content releases BUT when you throw these irritable "hints" at us. It just doesn't sit right for me.

Also a side note, as someone who is invested in the competitive scene of this game (PvP)

I do feel like its an urgency to give us a class that's been out for a while so we can at least get the feel of everything.

Yes it may be a little "imbalanced" but at this point and time lot of classes are slightly stronger than they should be or slightly weaker, because of where we sit in the patches.

I mean I can go play on my TW/JP account to get some practice in, but that's not the issue. I want to practice on my native ping, so I can be competitively ready for when the season actually start (since preseason starts tomorrow). To be completely honest, I'm here for the competitive scene, and PvE is just there for when I get bored. So when they announced it was just a flip of the switch away, and we're getting it "really soon like REALLY soon". It kind of tickled me when they won't give more information about this, when it does impact the players who do plan on using this class in competitive play.

3 hours ago, Goji said:

I'm not sure how it is we've "always known" they weren't coming until the level 50 patch.  NCSoft never said that and since the Warlock is already in the NA version of the game it's completely unnecessary to wait for the level 50 patch. 

well a good place to start would have been the class section on the game site for the NA?EU version did you see Warlock listed? Didn't even know warlock was a class until the forums an d my first warlock weapon drop so I think it was clear it wasn't a class you'd be able to play from the start 

I mean i care about warlock.. I main the damn thing I don't really play much cause of this.. So all ive been doing is farming materials and gathering Fodder/gems/everything needed to make me level my warlock fast. :3 Trust me I've bugged Jonathan and Julianne multiple times about it and they aren't budging :3 Soon means soon. Its probably next month or  mid April. 

1 minute ago, TalonShina said:

well a good place to start would have been the class section on the game site for the NA?EU version did you see Warlock listed? Didn't even know warlock was a class until the forums an d my first warlock weapon drop so I think it was clear it wasn't a class you'd be able to play from the start 

Obviously not from the start, but that doesn't mean we'll have to wait until the level 50 patch.  As of right now we really have no idea when they'll decide to "flip the switch."  Might be a pleasant surprise tomorrow; Might not see the class until summer. 

23 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Very true, whihc I why I feel when they said "Very Very Soon" it hyped the community too much, ugh yes its also the community for having the wrong perception of how soon is soon, but that's one problem with developers saying soon... everyone takes it differently. For example by soon I expect the same month, let alone very very soon. but then I know some, which will refer to soon as a year at most. If I was the dev team (which I'm not) I'd just release an "atleast" statement, aka "Atleast 2 months away" then youre not giving a specific date, and by saying atleast you still kinda cover their ass.

What got me annoyed was when Maragret the CM chick said that it was coming Very very very very soon on a pax panel.... i was like ok that's 4x soons that means to me with in days/weeks obviously not days so has to be weeks... she needs to learn the proper usage of certain trigger words

JuDra do you have evidence/ source to share to back that up? I'm ready to come to game once they get WL published. I can't find any information other then the teaser trailer with them being showed at the end. That video was set to be published on 10th but I don't see a *cricketing* thing about that class in general only mushin tower and dungi/raid or whatever so they are twisting some arms.

4 minutes ago, Vengz said:

JuDra do you have evidence/ source to share to back that up? I'm ready to come to game once they get WL published. I can't find any information other then the teaser trailer with them being showed at the end. That video was set to be published on 10th but I don't see a *cricketing* thing about that class in general only mushin tower and dungi/raid or whatever so they are twisting some arms.

1 minute ago, Sycogenesis said:

What got me annoyed was when Maragret the CM chick said that it was coming Very very very very soon on a pax panel.... i was like ok that's 4x soons that means to me with in days/weeks obviously not days so has to be weeks... she needs to learn the proper usage of certain trigger words

Gawd I would be even more annoyed lol xD

Also while im on it, has everyone got their Appearance made? :D Here's mine :P 

q3KCeN2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vengz said:

NCSoft representatives have said things like "Soon; Very Soon; Very Very Very Very Soon; Sooner than expected," on streams recently.  They've also noted that the Warlock class is already 100% integrated into the NA/EU client, all they have to do is unlock it for us. 

So, all of those vague platitudes of encouragement aside, we still have absolutely no idea when this class is coming.  We're being strung along by encouraging buzz-words and being offered nothing that even qualifies as a hint. 

Complaining will actually help get the Warlock class unlocked.

I'm going to explain why, but first there's something you all need to understand: The Warlock class is already in the NA client.  They don't need to work on it, fix bugs, worry about how it interacts with the other content or even have us download a patch for it.  Literally all they have to do is remove the content lock on their server.  So, there's no "it'll be done when it's done." It's done now and it works fine. 

So, if we all understand that, then why do you think NCSoft is not releasing the class right now?  Since the issue isn't technical it's about marketing strategy.  They want to pick their moment; maybe to slight a competing MMO or maybe to fill up a hole in their release schedule.

Now, if that's the case then why haven't they announced a release date?  Simple, because they don't know what the best course of action is for releasing the Warlock yet. 

They're weighing the pros and cons of how they're handling the Warlock release, and a potential hurt relationship with the existing Warlock community over the subsequent taunting we've endured is definitely on their radar.  So, the existing Warlock community has 2 options: 1) Voice their discontent and really punctuate the idea that Blade and Soul has customers who are bothered by this, or 2) Be quiet and reinforce the idea that we don't really care; whenever they get around to it is good enough. 

I say keep the threads coming.  Even if it's not guaranteed, or even likely, to make a difference it can only help our representation and our chances. 

Archived