Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warlock was designed for level 50+ content. It wasn't released anywhere until 50+ content. All of the old classes don't even get to take advantage of spiritualize buff skills until they hit 45. We won't get warlock until 50 cap and if we do it'll probably be a gimped version as it's out 5 levels sooner than what it was designed for. 

1 minute ago, Goji said:

What they've been doing on streams and social media is braggin about how easily they could activate the Warlock, teasing it's release and not giving us even a rough timeline.  "Soon" is probably the least amount of information you can offer without saying nothing at all.  There's no way they know.

Like I said, they ACKNOWLEDGED it. So apparently they do know.

And if they just said "soon", I honestly wouldn't mind at all. 

But they way they keep emphasizing "soon", making it sound like its in a few weeks is whats bothersome for me.

Which in reality its problem within the next 2 months.

1 minute ago, lnvisibleOne said:

Warlock was designed for level 50+ content. It wasn't released anywhere until 50+ content. All of the old classes don't even get to take advantage of spiritualize buff skills until they hit 45. We won't get warlock until 50 cap and if we do it'll probably be a gimped version as it's out 5 levels sooner than what it was designed for. 

All the classes in the NA version of the game are designed for the level 50 content right now; the NA version has all the level 50 balance patches.  So all of the classes are gimped versions that are out 5 levels sooner than they should be.  Holding the Warlock back for balance reasons is pointless in NA so I doubt that's the reason.

2 minutes ago, Goji said:

All the classes in the NA version of the game are designed for the level 50 content right now; the NA version has all the level 50 balance patches.  So all of the classes are gimped versions that are out 5 levels sooner than they should be.  Holding the Warlock back for balance reasons is pointless in NA so I doubt that's the reason.

They were balanced with 50 cap in mind in our current version, yes but they also functioned stand-alone at 45. Every other version has followed and will continue to follow the same patch order, I doubt any amount of complaining/consistent nagging/asking will change that.

Just now, Goji said:

No they are not. we don't have enough skill points to be balanced around 50 content atm or hongmoon levels. Just because skills have been balanced does not mean the classes are balanced around 50 content, your skill points/gear are everything atm, once they finish doing what they need to do to get it out we will get it. 

1 minute ago, lnvisibleOne said:

They were balanced with 50 cap in mind in our current version, yes but they also functioned stand-alone at 45. 

What makes you think the Warlock wouldn't function stand-alone at 45?  In order for there to be a level 50 version of the Warlock there has to be a functioning level 45 version, it just won't be balanced, just like none of the classes are balanced right now. 

2 hours ago, err0r said:

Eurgh... Just wait ffs. No loss if you move on, just one less whining arsehat in game.

actually not going to go down to your level... but calling someone an arsehat for wanting something you have no interest in is really low.

1 hour ago, Goji said:

Or at least tell us when the hell it's going to be available.  No "soon" crap that could mean 1 week or 3 months.  I'm not going to level a class I don't want to play in the meantime, so if it really take 3 months to unlock a class that's already 100% in the game 1 of 2 things will happen:

1) You tell us when it's coming; as said, it's only the flip of a switch to activate it, so it's not like you have to be ambiguous about this to protect yourselves from missing the deadline due to technical issues.  If you tell me when it'll be available I can leave the game now and there's a good chance I'll be back when it's available. 

2) You keep this "soon" crap going, I'll move on to different stuff and this game will just be a disappointing memory. 

This isn't me threatening to leave and thinking anyone will actually care; I'm just trying to impart some common sense.  Stringing people who want to play Warlock along on this topic is dumb.  We all know what the class is, that it's already in the game and that you have no valid reason to hold it back.  If you think "teasing" us under these circumstances is actually building our anticipation you're wrong, it's essentially just you spitting in our faces. 

Warlock will come when lvl 50 will come aka the same patch Korea has.

1 hour ago, Evechan said:

No one care 

55 minutes ago, Evechan said:

You are the reason why they don't release it yet (and because in the update warlock is coming with lv50 content) u are selfish and greedy, u think just because they can release it anytime, they should do it to make u happy, sorry baby, the world dont walk around you, the class will come when they need come, not now, if u are unhappy, leave, no one will release new content just to make u stay in the game, go, keep spamming about warlock, the forum have 500 threads per day, no one will notice u.

Lol... selfish and greedy? Really? People want to play Warlock. I am one of them. I wanted to play the class so much that after CBT2 I went and made a Taiwan account just so I could experience the job. I have been pondering going back to that account lately, because quite frankly at least I know what I am getting with that region. I want Warlock. I want it sooner rather than later. I want to play on NA servers and not TW, but NCWest is not making that decision to stay easy. 

I completely understand why they want to keep the level 50 cap for the future. There was a lot to do at 45 cap. (I am all done with it). There will be more on Wednesday. But at this point there is zero reason to hold off on Warlock. The warlock weapons are a bane to everyone's existence. Warlock is "100% ready" and we are waiting for a switch to be flipped. Originally it was said that we weren't getting warlock at 45 because the class was so underbalanced for the current cap. But after playing the game for almost a month I could say that is the case with just about every class. We are currently working with an ability patch that is/was a level 50 cap patch in other regions. Abilities are balanced for 50 already. Just give us the class that a LOT of people want to play.

8 minutes ago, Firon149 said:

No they are not. we don't have enough skill points to be balanced around 50 content atm or hongmoon levels. Just because skills have been balanced does not mean the classes are balanced around 50 content, your skill points/gear are everything atm, once they finish doing what they need to do to get it out we will get it. 

I know we don't have enough skill points to be balanced around 50 content right now, so the result is that nothing is balanced right now.  The Warlock also being imbalanced is irrelevant; until we get the level 50 content this game is not about balance for any class.

I'm pretty pissed about, I've been playing Lock on the TW server for quite awhile now and only switched to NA for a slight(30-40) ping increase and more english speakers. But if im going to be sitting waiting for lock for another couple months i might just stay on TW.

They mentioned Warlock "very soon" in one of the earliest Vods. In my understanding,  meant the first large patch and with it 3.0 Skills, nerfing the locks to a reasonable lock. However apparently this is not what they meant by "very soon".

1 hour ago, Goji said:

NCSoft has already said the Warlock is coming "soon," whatever that means, and that it's literally 100% integrated into the NA client already.  All they have to do is flip a switch to unlock it, but they're not going to because apparently leaving the people who want to play Warlock frustrated and ready to leave is funny to them. 

I don't care if NCSoft cares about me personally, but if I have the free time why not remind them that they're being stupid and only hurting themselves with this crap.

Its why i'm playing warlock on the JP servers and spending money over there.  I got tired of waiting for them to release it here.  When they release it I'll come back here but for the 4-6 months it will prob take them to push the level 50 content (since warlock is balanced around level 50 with the hongmoon levels included since we are getting the nerfed version) looks like JP will be getting my money for the time being.  

Side note:  I have actually noticed the Japanese players tend to be nicer and less....whats the word.....crazy than their American counterparts.

6 minutes ago, KyoTanaka said:

Specify which patch. Korea has 3+ years worth of patch.

Did the 50 patch come two years later?

Probably whichever patch specifically brought levels 46-50. 

They wouldn't have included the Warlock in the NA release version of the game if it was only intended to come over with the level 50 content.  They just locked it so they'd have one more piece of content to "tease" us with.  It's probably just meant to keep us talking about the game, and I guess in a way it's working, just not in a positive or constructive way. 

1 hour ago, MadBlue said:

BDO is launching on March 3rd and it's February 8th now. How many weeks do you think February has? :D

I gave them extra weeks because mmos like to release content around the time others plan to but they don't want to look like they are competing with them. Or I miscounted. one of those options.

3 hours ago, AuraLove said:

actually not going to go down to your level... but calling someone an arsehat for wanting something you have no interest in is really low.

I actually called them an arsehat because of the whining. Also, assumptions are the mother of all fcukups. I'm looking forward to the class, as demonstrated here

8 hours ago, err0r said:

I actually called them an arsehat because of the whining. Also, assumptions are the mother of all fcukups. I'm looking forward to the class, as demonstrated here

then don't be rude about it.. the weapons are in game. they said on twitch it's ready. they added it to the end of the trailer on the 10th update. Yet they won't release it? Then they need to remove everything about it til they decide to grow up and stop trying to hype train it...cause when someone shows interest or excitement or asks about it.. there is people like you who have to come and be insulting.

Archived