Can we please get some optimization

Kirah65

Hi so i have been playing this game for about two or three weeks now and i am enjoying my self doing my dailies running dungeons etc trying to prepare for the upcoming patch.

But my biggest problem right now is how poorly this game runs as soon as there is any more then then 5 people on the screen doing battle.

During dungeons i get around 30-40 fps which is not ideal but playable but during world boss fights.

Like the terror / blackwyrm / insignia farming the game becomes a 10-15 fps unplayable slideshow and its horrible.

at such a low frame rate avoiding boss attacks is near impossible due to all the crazy lagg.

And my machine is way overkill for this game i should not have these problems and the game should not even be as resource intensive as it is.

Im running dual GTX 980's i7 4770k @4.5Ghz with 32Gb of 2333Mhz ram it should not struggle to run this game at a decent frame rate.

Its so forking bad that during the 10-15fps drops i cant play for longer then like 30-45 minutes before i start to get a severe headache.

The game should not run as poorly as it dose its been out for pretty much 4 years and it seems like nothing has been done in terms of performance.

its so bad even when i tried running the game at its lowest settings im still getting around 15-20 fps which is not okay.

And its just not me ether anyone i have asked ether in game or some of my friends that i play with are all having the exact same problems.

the game runs like garbage across pretty much all mid to high range systems and the graphic options pretty much do nothing in terms of performance.

i seriously hope that fixing the performance problems is really high up on the list cause its ridiculous.

One of the biggest reasons why the game runs so poorly is cause while it got released in 2012 the game is still running DirectX 9c a gfx API that was released over 12 years ago.

Which means it cant handle today's gfx hardware all that well cause they where made to run well on DirectX 11 / 11.1 and up.

I don't see why the devs didn't spend some time to add at least DirectX 11 support during the 4 years it took to bring the game over to the NA / EU.

The game would look pretty much the same but run a million times better it just feels like Ncsoft is just mass making f2p MMOS and hopes that one of them sticks long enough for them to milk as much money as possible without putting much effort in to making sure the game actually runs well during more then just solo play.

Yep, can relate to that 100% and I know a lot of people with similar issues. The optimization is crap.

I have an R9 390, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB RAM and I get stutters/freezes/0FPS during PvP even on 'optimized for combat' setting without Bloom and all that.

Oh and yeah, World Bosses are a pain even with Ctrl+F.

Repeat of threads, but here's an answer for ya.

I. FPS Optimization

Problem: If you go anywhere with 10+ characters, you will notice a decrease from max FPS to 7 and experience a brief screen freeze for about 8 seconds.

Solution: "I have 100 titan graphic cards and 100.384 overdoubletriplequadruple clocked 100000 trillion cores twin turbo liquid nitrogen cooled pasta art chocolate chip cookies lobster but still use razer products blah blah blah." We get it. You have a godly computer and this shouldn't be happening. We are getting an optimization patch soon and hopefully will solve issues concerning effects/characters on screen and fix the FPS issue.

Currently I'm playing on a NVIDIA 980 Ti, i7 5930k, 32GB DDR4, Windows 10 and I play on max settings. I get 80-120fps in most areas. During group dungeon combat I get around 60-75fps. Blackwyrm is still a lost cause which is pretty upsetting. I get 25fps on lowest settings with characters hidden. 

I recently came from a NVIDIA 550 Ti, 4690k, 8GB DDR3, Windows 7. The PC I was using was under the minimum required settings to be fair. Unpopulated areas I was getting 30-40fps on lowest settings, 7-15fps in dungeon combat and 2fps on Blackwyrm followed by a DDR crash report and needing to restart my PC to start the BnS launcher again. 

Makes you wonder how people even played this 4 years ago when the 900 series wasn't even a thought. 

I still can't do Blackwyrm but at least my Client doesn't crash anymore. I guess T:

8 minutes ago, Bunn said:

Currently I'm playing on a NVIDIA 980 Ti, i7 5930k, 32GB DDR4, Windows 10 and I play on max settings. I get 80-120fps in most areas. During group dungeon combat I get around 60-75fps. Blackwyrm is still a lost cause which is pretty upsetting. I get 25fps on lowest settings with characters hidden. 

I recently came from a NVIDIA 550 Ti, 4690k, 8GB DDR3, Windows 7. The PC I was using was under the minimum required settings to be fair. Unpopulated areas I was getting 30-40fps on lowest settings, 7-15fps in dungeon combat and 2fps on Blackwyrm followed by a DDR crash report and needing to restart my PC to start the BnS launcher again. 

I still can't do Blackwyrm but at least my Client doesn't crash anymore. I guess T:

Yeah i feel you hopefully the game will be fixed soon with the 24 player epic dungeon coming out on the 10th.

The idea of 24 player dungeons in the games current state makes me cringe.

i don't have that PC specs but i run windows 7 and i got the same problem in misty woods close to faction daylies world pvp is kinda unskilled and more fps based combat besides only doing PVE with 7 fps is already hard enought to keep alive even harder to make enought dps to get the box at least as a melle

Radeon hd7850 ghz ed.

Every character which walks on screen = 2-3 fps lost. Normally @ 50-60 fps in town with only a few people.

Someone uses windstride = +8 fps lost (10-11 total). SFX set to 1, 3, 5: No change.

Most likely 10 fps lost for every character in combat, until it starts throttling their animations to a strobe show to support more character models.

Turned effects/shadows/postproc down, no change, maybe 5 fps gain at minimum settings.

Turned texture resolution down, no change. Provides no fps gain, or minimal.

Edit: This is probably due to the dated UE3 - DX9 engine, requiring individual dxdraw calls.

Having godly pc won't affect much when you play early staged Ncsoft games . I have a strong PC as well and I played aion since it came out in korea in 2007 and now im playing BnS and its always the same with Ncsoft games they are always not really optimised when they start and hard to play in large towns or big fights but like aion BnS is going to get patched and FPS issues will be fixed . In korea they had the patch and they dont have FPS problem so just bare it and wait a little its coming soon .

4 hours ago, Blossom said:

Having godly pc won't affect much when you play early staged Ncsoft games . I have a strong PC as well and I played aion since it came out in korea in 2007 and now im playing BnS and its always the same with Ncsoft games they are always not really optimised when they start and hard to play in large towns or big fights but like aion BnS is going to get patched and FPS issues will be fixed . In korea they had the patch and they dont have FPS problem so just bare it and wait a little its coming soon .

Source?

UE3 and direct x 9 on an mmo? yeah its not going to get much better till we get some kind of sequel or a complete overhaul of the games engine =P its a shame. with all the things bns gets right imo the BIGGEST downfall of this game, the only negative that can rival how good it is, is how utterly terrible they designed it from a performance perspective. i just dont understand why they chose and engine NOT DESIGNED for mmo's.

6 minutes ago, SummerSlaughter said:

i really dont get what ppl are on about

my pc is a couple years old and i have a solid 60fps no matter whats happening, and almost 0 latency.

heck?

this game is a dice roll. its insanely cpu heavy and likes older cpu's. if you have a newer cpu, even if its OP, it all depends on your configuration. pc is not some universal thing.  there are a crap ton of people having insane issues with bns optimization simply because of how bipolar it is. some people with old i5's however can run the game at max settings with 70 fps lol. its all a dice roll sadly. 

There are very little things you can do to severely boost your fps outside of completely killing the games graphical fidelity.

16 minutes ago, SummerSlaughter said:

^hmm. sounds like a compatibility issue. BNS is an older game isnt it?

i wonder if black desert is going to set my pc on fire........

bns is pretty old yeah. its compatibility aged the worse despite stilll being a pretty game. ue3 to begin with is awful for mmo's idk why they used it tbh.

Archived