will we see a buff to force masters?

Dalapie

im wondering, every cllass can outplay them, block theyre abilites, and kill them with éase. are they going to be buffed in any way so they can stand toe to toe with every class or are they simply not made for pvp? dont show me a force master who have played 3 years, im talking about here and now :) 

inb4 jaesung video link in a completely different patch.

One thing I've noticed that FM lack in is actual burst, every other class can take 1/4 or 1/3 of your health every combo where as FM really struggle to. Another thing is everyone's big defensive / self heal allows them to move and use abilities still but for some reason FM is frozen solid unable to anything or even change camera angle... very silly to give to the squishiest class IMO.

25 minutes ago, Dalapie said:

im wondering, every cllass can outplay them, block theyre abilites, and kill them with éase. are they going to be buffed in any way so they can stand toe to toe with every class or are they simply not made for pvp? dont show me a force master who have played 3 years, im talking about here and now :) 

I think the point is that you can't stand toe to toe with other classes... You're ranged for a reason.

Also, there are high tier FMs out there. Just because the average player isn't good at it doesn't make it actually weak, and buffing it might put good ones over the top.

29 minutes ago, PFunDaddy said:

I think the point is that you can't stand toe to toe with other classes... You're ranged for a reason.

Also, there are high tier FMs out there. Just because the average player isn't good at it doesn't make it actually weak, and buffing it might put good ones over the top.

"can't buff fm because good players that play a weaker class will kill me"

1 hour ago, Vecejj said:

inb4 jaesung video link in a completely different patch.

One thing I've noticed that FM lack in is actual burst, every other class can take 1/4 or 1/3 of your health every combo where as FM really struggle to. Another thing is everyone's big defensive / self heal allows them to move and use abilities still but for some reason FM is frozen solid unable to anything or even change camera angle... very silly to give to the squishiest class IMO.

A couple quick things from my limited experience:

1.  Speccing into instant cast Inferno really helped burst potential, as it gives you the extra mmph on an ability you otherwise cannot use.  If you set it up properly you can easily crit for 5k+, though its cooldown does become 45 seconds.  When it gets deflected, too, you're really sad, so you can't waste it.  This afternoon after carefully watching a Jaesung video, I've been practicing the Stun/Daze -> Tab -> Z -> 4 -> 1 combo (I can't seem to squeeze any RMB/LMBs in due to what appears to be latency, but I'm playing around with it), as well as Glacial Beam -> RMB (or maybe an X -> RMB?  Not sure on timings yet) -> 1 -> RMB -> LMB -> 1 -> (some finisher) while monitoring Chill stacks to get a triple stun combo off.  Once I have the two feeling pretty natural, you can combine them if you watch your stacks into one long chain of CC.  Get a Meteor Shower/Inferno off in there as well, and you're doing a *lot* of damage.

2.  While in Frost Armor, you can hold alt to bring up the mouse, then right click and move your camera around.  I do that to follow people who run behind me so I can quickly exit and grab (or do whatever I need to do).

Once I get some good combo feels down and generally watch my Chill stacks better, the next big step is knowing when the windows are on classes and how to properly bait tabs and tech chase.  But one step at a time.

Regardless, after refining my build several times as I played, I definitely notice how a couple of extra skill points here and there would enable a lot more flexibility/power.  I have no idea what the Hongmoon skills are yet, nor do I really care yet.  I have plenty to learn and improve upon regardless of how weak FM is perceived by some.

I Managed to reach gold today with my fm, but it took me literally about 8 hours of insanity, building and reading Losing , Losing and getting my head ripped off, But In my opinion the Class AS it is! NOW at 45 its lacking. I have to take some dps off and play defensively , ( with a squishy class) because apparently the Burst of this class is not enough, yet is very squishy , So its like missing 10 to 15 points to be actually something worth pvping with. I see some ppl say AA is good. but I cannot confirm since, I never finished my aerial purple quests and have aa and dd blocked.(Trolled)  What I can give u all my fm's ho are struggling with this off balanced class is this: out of my 8 hour of research and practice, my tip is: make ur own build, check the skills u use, see what u like  ( you tube videos are useless in this patch, nothing is the same as korea or china patch)(LOL) the game is even lagging some times , making the tap aerial combo very difficult for beginners , I tried it, but bms are to op, you cannot Spam ur abilitys (  and all ranged classes in all other mmos play like this, Rush dps rush dps so you gotta break that mindset   of rushing top dps, it took me like 3 hours to understand this, 3 hours of loosing and feeling like garbage) you gotta like, breath, take it slow, but not too slow, try to troll ur opponent, you gotta go with that mindset and practice for ever.

Overall I don't recommend ForceMaster to anybody as it is, it takes Like 6 stars of skill  to manage this class, you gotta watch for hand signs,  battles are like this: watch for spins, save ur tap, jump get behind, Dont get hit, use ur impact, block range, get away yet, keep the cycle going, hoh u got 3 stacks  stun sstun stun!, get back, hoh no get ur armor,! Wait ur blinded! Frost armor urself or die, watch out for resist!, Grab em! trow em away! or burn em while u laugh and heal urself!, Freezeee! REPEAT, Watch ur focus! if it runs out ur dEad! ! he is stuneed! with 5 fire stacks , gotta get that Huge Fireball!. HE deflected my fireball HOLYCRICKET!, ( I ended up removing all points from fireball, if u miss u get trolled for 45 seconds).

Summuners: These are usually hard, very hard, but in gold , it get worse!!! Like! WHAT? The cat transforms from simple little cat, To Jungle Hunting Predator!, And all u can do is watch the cat paint himself in the face with ur blood, while screaming the victory shout of unlimited CC! O .O! What IS this !

COnclusion: I dont know how I managed to get to gold I know, m gonna quit arena now till patch and feel good about myself. :) suggestions?

i managed to get to 2013 rating in 1vs1 with my fm and i can say i did it pretty hard after like 500 games or so the biggest problem i have is against good bm's that although i manage to break through their defenses the damage we haven isnt enough to kill them in those 1-2-3 opportunities we gonna have. Things changes a lot at level 50 where fms become a really strong class. The thing is when is lvl 50 gonna be here. until then we surely gonna struggle at ratings like 1900-2000 when other people gonna reach 2000-2200 

Well as another fairly high ranked FM I can say that I agree. Currently it is hard to play a FM but damn does it feels damn good outplaying your opponent so hard that they just stop trying.

Honestly though I think we will see some improvements the 10th but not enough to make the class on par with the others just yet. Who knows, only time will tell.

As a Fairly high ranked FM I dissagree.All we need is damn extra few life saving SP which we going to get.Even better - 11 of them.God 11 points in such powerfull tools wise class it will turn many battles.Atm we struggle too much because if you want A you have to sacrifice B and C.Sometimes I'm just frustrated what to socket as I *cricket*ing don't have any points for the basic let alone other things.

Plus more skills points and more dmg.Increased dmg as well.And for instance freaking frost fury is no longer 5 hits but 3 and have increased dmg.

3 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

Just died to a destroyer in 10 sec after match started. Got knocked down and rubbed rubbed rubbed and lost 40k health in 10sec.

This game needs a lot of balancing adjustments.

I am a force master, 40 lvl, 1700+ mmr.

So you used your Tab, your Dodge Roll, and your spec'd Backstep all within the first 10 seconds and still died to a Destro combo?  Or do you not have your SS skilled up, so it doesn't remove Stun/Daze/Knockdown(? forget if that's one of them)?  If not, against a Destro it's probably very useful, at least until you refine exactly what you need.  Also it freezes on use in an AoE around you, so they'll probably start spinning, and you can decide what to do after they are done.

Regardless, if you die in the first 10 seconds of a match it's your fault.  Not the game's.

2 hours ago, Tupan said:

As a Fairly high ranked FM I dissagree.All we need is damn extra few life saving SP which we going to get.Even better - 11 of them.God 11 points in such powerfull tools wise class it will turn many battles.Atm we struggle too much because if you want A you have to sacrifice B and C.Sometimes I'm just frustrated what to socket as I *cricket*ing don't have any points for the basic let alone other things.

Plus more skills points and more dmg.Increased dmg as well.And for instance freaking frost fury is no longer 5 hits but 3 and have increased dmg.

I saw the 3-hit Frost Fury in one of Jaesung's videos, and I immediately tried to find it to see if it was a skill tree thing.  If it's a patch thing, I can't wait for it to get here.  Also I know exactly how you feel about having those extra points, even in just the few matches I've played.  I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store with another 11 skill points.  I can't even.

5 hours ago, Cogbyrn said:

So you used your Tab, your Dodge Roll, and your spec'd Backstep all within the first 10 seconds and still died to a Destro combo?  Or do you not have your SS skilled up, so it doesn't remove Stun/Daze/Knockdown(? forget if that's one of them)?  If not, against a Destro it's probably very useful, at least until you refine exactly what you need.  Also it freezes on use in an AoE around you, so they'll probably start spinning, and you can decide what to do after they are done.

Regardless, if you die in the first 10 seconds of a match it's your fault.  Not the game's.

I saw the 3-hit Frost Fury in one of Jaesung's videos, and I immediately tried to find it to see if it was a skill tree thing.  If it's a patch thing, I can't wait for it to get here.  Also I know exactly how you feel about having those extra points, even in just the few matches I've played.  I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store with another 11 skill points.  I can't even.

tab'ed and then got controlled again. And my I didn't spend 2 points on my "SS". But even if I spend 2 points on it, it would just delay my death.

And actually I gave up resisting after losing 20k health in 5 sec. The fight was just ridiculous and meaningless. 

Just a general question to other FMs, what the *cricket* am I supposed to do against BM and BD and Destroyer (but mostly the first two) against their stupid counter bullshit? It has practically no countdown and I've been resorting to just alt-tabbing instead of fighting because it's extraordinarily difficult to counter their counter and most of the time I'll just have a long match where I still end up losing. What I'm supposed to do is not obvious. Help?

18 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

Just died to a destroyer in 10 sec after match started. Got knocked down and rubbed rubbed rubbed and lost 40k health in 10sec.

This game needs a lot of balancing adjustments.

I am a force master, 40 lvl, 1700+ mmr.

Uh...my newb FM (at the time 39) fought a level 45 Destroyer and won. You really do just need to know what to watch out for. I E'd his 1, then 3 stunned into some other buttons (I have no clue what I'm doing). Literally the only reason I won was because I know exactly what a Destroyer wants to do. The guy ran around with Fury on twice and didn't hit me once. It's not the game, you really do have to know what you're doing though.

3 hours ago, Relott said:

Just a general question to other FMs, what the *cricket* am I supposed to do against BM and BD and Destroyer (but mostly the first two) against their stupid counter bullshit? 

On 2/6/2016 at 5:17 PM, Dalapie said:

Follow Talbadar* on twitch 2100+ FM... you'll think completely differently.

Archived