Where can I buy a train ticket?

Moggie

I feel bad for not paying for one, considering I've been railroaded since the beginning of the game. So the main antagonist tries to make you to give in to your anger and you're just like... okay. If you don't give in and kill the villagers, she just loops through her repertoire of speech bubbles. Is there any redemption for the main character for this, or are we now playing as a person that slaughtered people who they did in fact believe to be defenseless villagers? And this is the "hero" of the story?

Our main character has been seriously dumbed down in this localization and a good few parts of the story have been changed, nothing major in terms of knowing what's going on but it makes all the difference in the atmosphere. I only hope they don't butcher the next few acts as those are when things are all tied together. 

9 minutes ago, Aaronax said:

there should  be the option to choose between light and dark paths in the 45-50 content, but no idea if they are including it in the NA version

I believe that was removed before CN got 50 cap I believe. I'm not sure if it was after or not but there is no longer a choice. 

All I know is: Everyone is a traitor, and we are a very dumb hero/heroin.

"Oh good to see you... Why do you have a black aura and nasty stuff dripping off of you? Yeah, you seem trustworthy, lets go do stuff!"

I think people were saying the original storyline had actual choices for you to make in regards to the darkness/hongmoon way. I dunno if the early game stuff like that or saving certain characters was part of that or not, but it definitely does FEEL like you should have a choice in those places and it was taken out. 

I understand that maybe in a multiplayer game there's less leeway than a real sandbox with COMPLETE freedom but it does feel stale having your character make (conflicting) decisions for you. Especially when your character chooses not to say or do something that you KNOW will screw everything up later and you just have to accept the fact that you're playing an idiot. 

People keep implying that you're losing yourself to your desire for revenge, you're on a path of darkness, yadda yadda, and then the instant it comes down to it any mundane, completely irrelevant "good guy" trope is your immediate choice over revenge. You'd literally turn away from Jinsoyun with the power to kill her in your hands to fetch a cookie for an orphan. It ruins the immersion so much.

Uhm ... am I the only one who enjoyed slaughtering the spineless villagers? These villagers have no courage to go against Yonkai but they try to go against me? That simply calls for a small demonstration who can break more bones - Yonkai or me. And this is where the sage went wrong; I'm not another oppressor to the village but a milestone how things can be changed. Well, perhaps real-life logic does not concur with ingame logic.

But basically I'm with you, the whole time I felt like playing some Star Wars character who should not give in the the dark side. Let's hope the next skill will be the force choke instead of some useless windwalking!

On 2/3/2016 at 4:27 PM, Aaronax said:

there should  be the option to choose between light and dark paths in the 45-50 content, but no idea if they are including it in the NA version

I sure hope they will include it! Wanted to punch my Character as they merrily strolled past all the former pupils begging for him to turn back and not stray from the Hongmoon path.

Too many emotions were felt that day ;-;

31 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Uhm ... am I the only one who enjoyed slaughtering the spineless villagers? These villagers have no courage to go against Yonkai but they try to go against me? That simply calls for a small demonstration who can break more bones - Yonkai or me. And this is where the sage went wrong; I'm not another oppressor to the village but a milestone how things can be changed. Well, perhaps real-life logic does not concur with ingame logic.

But basically I'm with you, the whole time I felt like playing some Star Wars character who should not give in the the dark side. Let's hope the next skill will be the force choke instead of some useless windwalking!

No you aren't. The sandstone people kinda deserved it because who knows what they would've done to that girl if she wasn't found in time.

Also, FM/LBD? get a sort of force choke.

But it is beyond annoying running around like an idiot, like I get the whole being blinded by anger is bad and you need to work around it but it's just so silly sometimes. Only upside was skipping down the road @ the last scene of the last chapter because IT'S ABOUT TIME 

Archived