No really, go ahead and quit.

Enamour

If you guys that are claiming to be giving "feedback" to developers through complaining, then why are you not giving valid recommendations? So far 90% (don't hold me to that number) or so posts that I've personally seen has literally been only a complaint.

"But we're complaining because we care"

Don't give me that bullshit. You guys are more just coming here to complain and get your anger out rather than looking for ways to help improve a game you "care" about. Instead of being open to other opinions or making a detailed list of suggestions, most of you just give your long, lengthy complaint about why you're leaving and try to add "validity" by adding in how many years you've played a game. Maybe, just maybe, this game was never for you? No, not everyone feels the same emotions you feel. A few do, that's a given, but never state that EVERYONE feels how you do.

Now on a different note, I know this game isn't perfect and no, I'm not white-knighting it. I actually like some of the threads that make suggestions (regardless if I agree or disagree). But the constant "Hey I have 20 years in mmo and this game is shit! Here's 70 reasons why and no I don't care about what anyone has to say because I KNOW I'm right!" kinds of threads...please. Why even state an opinion on a public forum if you're not open to retaliation (which I'm sure this thread will receive backlash)? Hell if anything is running people away, it's this increasingly salty and entitled community with the 20+ posts about why you're quitting or why you hate this game.

And yes, I've played MMOs for over 10 years on and off. I've played anything from hyped up games to really REALLY terrible games (that Cabal 2 launch that no one mentions). Maybe I'm just a simple guy that is easily entertained. I get that and I get that over half of you will probably feel some negativity towards this thread. But damn man...this community is WAY more toxic than a league ranked game.

Also while I'm joining the rant club here, leave your damn feminism or over-sexualized shit for someone that cares. Tired seeing this come up in a lot of threads as well.

P.S. - Pls no banerino

Edit: where are my crickets?

Half of the time such threads list "problems" that could have been avoided entirely through common sense or resource management.

Or in certain cases, problems that already have a number of answers and solutions that could be found from a single google search or the DevTracker.

It gets to the point where I never really cared for them, and my only thought towards them is:

d2b.png

8 minutes ago, Enamour said:

If you guys that are claiming to be giving "feedback" to developers through complaining, then why are you not giving valid recommendations? So far 90% (don't hold me to that number) or so posts that I've personally seen has literally been only a complaint.

My game is crashing every time i hit a loading screen. I can not play the game. I have tried every

fix, put in a ticket and after hours and hours of troubleshooting and sending in logs, I was told I was SOL until they decided to optimize the game.  SUGESTION: Optimize the "cricket" game. 

10 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Don't give me that bullshit. You guys are more just coming here to complain and get your anger out rather than looking for ways to help improve a game you "care" about.

I can not play the game how can i care about it? 

12 minutes ago, Enamour said:

it's this increasingly salty and entitled community with the

Yes I should be entitled to play a game that I payed for. 

13 minutes ago, Enamour said:

, leave your damn feminism or over-sexualized shit for someone that cares. Tired seeing this come u

WTF is this even? 

Just now, Solica7 said:

My game is crashing every time i hit a loading screen. I can not play the game. I have tried every

fix, put in a ticket and after hours and hours of troubleshooting and sending in logs, I was told I was SOL until they decided to optimize the game.  SUGESTION: Optimize the "cricket" game. 

I can not play the game how can i care about it? 

Yes I should be entitled to play a game that I payed for. 

WTF is this even? 

Last part was because of recent threads where it just derails into that non-sense. My question is, if it's crashing all the time and you paid for it early on, how did you not catch this and ask for a refund? If it happened recently then I don't know what to say aside from that actually does suck.

yah I didnt start getting the crash bug untill i upgraded windows to win10. I like what I was able to play of it so I bought premium. I was getting a mouse bug before that that was bad but playable. Upgrading fixed the mouse bug but caused the crash bug. I dont want to switch back to win7 becuase that bug was awful too. I would just prefer a fix. 

1 minute ago, Solica7 said:

yah I didnt start getting the crash bug untill i upgraded windows to win10. I like what I was able to play of it so I bought premium. I was getting a mouse bug before that that was bad but playable. Upgrading fixed the mouse bug but caused the crash bug. I dont want to switch back to win7 becuase that bug was awful too. I would just prefer a fix. 

=/ That really does suck then. What about Windows 8? 

Just now, Enamour said:

=/ That really does suck then. What about Windows 8?

Yah totally. I try not to rage to hard about it, but I definately talk about it so devs keep it in their mind. I dont like win 8 and I would have to buy it so waiting is it. 

1 minute ago, Solica7 said:

Now see, this enters what I call "Actual problems".

Windows 10 has a lot of compatibility problems with a fair amount of games.

The best you can do is hope for a windows 10 patch in the future. Good luck.

Just now, Solica7 said:

Yah totally. I try not to rage to hard about it, but I definately talk about it so devs keep it in their mind. I dont like win 8 and I would have to buy it so waiting is it. 

Ugh I really do wish you the best of luck then. Hopefully this actually does get straightened out for you.

1 hour ago, Solica7 said:

WTF is this even? 

1 hour ago, Enamour said:

Last part was because of recent threads where it just derails into that non-sense. 

It's true, i've seen threads pointing out small problems but since they don't want to admit that the game just isn't for them, they'll start pulling out a hundred and one reasons for the game being bad, ranging from over-sexualization to the game mechanics being worse than other games they've played (well then go back geez nobody's forcing you to stay on and suffer).

I'm only through half of your original post and I can already say: you speak Word of God.

There's a huge difference between constructive criticism and WHINING! One is, well, constructive, the other is a child throwing a fit. I get sad that so many players are CHOOSING to be a fit-throwing child; yes it is a CHOICE, the other choice is to do the thing that you pointed out which is recommend what could be done to make it better, and promote an actual discussion! Discussion eventually leads to resolution, which leads to change of some sort, albeit it is quite a gradual process; might be an easy guess that the wide majority of people who whine simply can't see that far ahead. Maybe they've never practiced?

Your post matters to ME at least though. Haters can hate, I support and agree with your opinions. (Including the bit about the feminism!)

2 hours ago, Enamour said:

Also while I'm joining the rant club here, leave your damn feminism or over-sexualized shit for someone that cares. Tired seeing this come up in a lot of threads as well.

P.S. - Pls no banerino

Edit: where are my crickets?

It's not really feminism. But thank you! Exactly this!

2 hours ago, Enamour said:

Don't give me that bullshit. You guys are more just coming here to complain and get your anger out rather than looking for ways to help improve a game you "care" about.

Here's the thing - it doesn't matter if the players care about the game or not, it only matters if NCSoft cares. And I can tell you with absolute certainty they do not. What you're seeing is a lot of frustration over a potentially brilliant game being sabotaged by a greedy corporation. Yes. Greedy. Look, even before the game launched they were scheming and preying on their player base by promoting priority queue with the purchase of a premium. Yeah, they not only knew there would be horrendous queues but they planned on it to entice more people to buy the premium. This shit borders on unethical and it tends to *cricket* people off.

I would love to join a clan and organize some PvP stuff with my faction but I can't. I can't because even if I did turn my chat back on I'm unable to see any real players saying anything because the spam is scrolling so fast. I have NEVER seen gold spam this bad in any game EVER. I'm dead serious. NCSoft won't put GM's in the game because God forbid they spend any of their precious, precious money making the game better, even if it is a drop in the bucket.

I could go on and write pages about things that never should have gone live with this game but it's all been covered. And it really doesn't matter because nothing will change.

NCSoft doesn't care about the game, only about the money. And they aren't going to put one red cent into making the game better unless they get a shit ton of money in return. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. This is pretty much the standard of any F2P game. And it's pretty much why the gaming community is growing weary of F2P. We're also weary of hearing "well they have to make money somehow" as a defense for stupid and out-of-hand micro transactions. We're sick of it. 

I'm not particularly fussed because I haven't spent a dime on this or any other F2P title because of the aforementioned reasons. But I understand the frustration.

3 minutes ago, Piper said:

Here's the thing - it doesn't matter if the players care about the game or not, it only matters if NCSoft cares. And I can tell you with absolute certainty they do not. What you're seeing is a lot of frustration over a potentially brilliant game being sabotaged by a greedy corporation. Yes. Greedy. Look, even before the game launched they were scheming and preying on their player base by promoting priority queue with the purchase of a premium. Yeah, they not only knew there would be horrendous queues but they planned on it to entice more people to buy the premium. This shit borders on unethical and it tends to *cricket* people off.

I would love to join a clan and organize some PvP stuff with my faction but I can't. I can't because even if I did turn my chat back on I'm unable to see any real players saying anything because the spam is scrolling so fast. I have NEVER seen gold spam this bad in any game EVER. I'm dead serious. NCSoft won't put GM's in the game because God forbid they spend any of their precious, precious money making the game better, even if it is a drop in the bucket.

I could go on and write pages about things that never should have gone live with this game but it's all been covered. And it really doesn't matter because nothing will change.

NCSoft doesn't care about the game, only about the money. And they aren't going to put one red cent into making the game better unless they get a shit ton of money in return. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. This is pretty much the standard of any F2P game. And it's pretty much why the gaming community is growing weary of F2P. We're also weary of hearing "well they have to make money somehow" as a defense for stupid and out-of-hand micro transactions. We're sick of it. 

I'm not particularly fussed because I haven't spent a dime on this or any other F2P title because of the aforementioned reasons. But I understand the frustration.

You completely missed the point of OP's post. He's talking about UNNECESSARY rants, like how the costumes are too sexual, too Asian (I saw it in a comment, no joke). Hell, things like how classes are imbalanced, and the complaints are mostly from LBDs who just suck, etc. OP doesn't mean rants about REAL issues, like constant crashes, etc. Please read.

3 minutes ago, Piper said:

Let me ask this then; when server capacity was an issue, why were new servers added not once, but twice if they never cared? Why have bots sometimes suddenly disappear (albeit it not being permanent)? Why did we get free server transfers to alleviate the 2 most congested servers? I mean yea, I get what you're saying. I really do. But saying that a company is doing NOTHING just because we FEEL like they aren't isn't true. Stating a fact without actual hard (non-subjective) proof is quite bold. We can't really say one way or the other right now because we don't actually KNOW everything that's going on.

Also how do we KNOW for a FACT there aren't any GMs even though we don't KNOW every character in the game at that moment? I mean, it's also rather presumptuous to pretend and accuse about things we do not know for certain.

3 minutes ago, Anna said:

You completely missed the point of OP's post. He's talking about UNNECESSARY rants, like how the costumes are too sexual, too Asian (I saw it in a comment, no joke). Hell, things like how classes are imbalanced, and the complaints are mostly from LBDs who just suck, etc. OP doesn't mean rants about REAL issues, like constant crashes, etc. Please read.

Actually no, he's not.  He's complaining about complaining.  And he thinks we should leave suggestions:

. ."then why are you not giving valid recommendations? So far 90% (don't hold me to that number) or so posts that I've personally seen has literally been only a complaint. "

Suggestions are pointless. Which was my point. Please read.

1 minute ago, Piper said:

Actually no, he's not.  He's complaining about complaining.  And he thinks we should leave suggestions:

And you quoting me would save the game.

3 minutes ago, Gargamellow said:

"Go ahead and quit"

The words potential players with legit concerns want to hear when they care about a game.
There is no faster way to kill a game than to tell people to quit just because they're unhappy with the way things are going in terms of hosting.

Please do continue to tell people to quit, I'm sure it'll be fun playing with bots, AHK players and spammers.

If they cared and didn't only want to complain, they'd at least do so in an appropriate manner and even try to create solutions like some other users did. Blatantly ranting and playing the blame game/pointing fingers solves nothing. 

EDITED

4 minutes ago, Piper said:

Seems more like you missed the point but people will see what they wish to see. If suggestions were pointless, some of them wouldn't have been implemented into the game (like adding the report feature for lower levels just as an example). You're starting to cherry-pick.

3 hours ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Half of the time such threads list "problems" that could have been avoided entirely through common sense or resource management.

Or in certain cases, problems that already have a number of answers and solutions that could be found from a single google search or the DevTracker.

It gets to the point where I never really cared for them, and my only thought towards them is:

d2b.png

That pretty much sums up my feelings towards those types of threads, I just ignore most of them at this point. 

Archived