I disagree with all the complaints about crafting

Elefancy

Just thought there needs to be voices that aren't complaining left and right about crafting.

In short, suck it up and stop trying to get everything easy. 

We're literally less than two weeks into the game.. LESS THAN TWO... and yet all these people want everything easy and quick; they want everything NOW.

Let me share with you a thought: Sometimes, a challenge is goodDon't complain about the system and try to change the system, try to beat the system. Don't complain that it takes 12 hours to craft 5 unsealing charms. There's something in life (and in games) called progression. You don't get rich overnight in real life (and no, you're not going to win the Powerball), and same thing with games. Again, we're only 2 weeks in. You start with 12 hours per 5 charms. Then you move on to 12 hours per 10 charms. Then you move on to 12 hours per 20 charms. Any sort of progression (whether in life or games) is difficult in the beginning. Again, we're only 2 weeks in.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. However, you make a valid argument when you make valid points, not insults. Insults only show your lack of maturity and solve nothing!

With said, i do hope NCSoft  make a few changes to crafting. While i fully support the longevity of the game, i feel the crafting system is a bit unbalanced. Currently all crafting guilds are dependent on pottery rather than all crafting guilds being dependent on each other - This is a major flaw and should be fixed. In addition, i spent roughly 3 hours searching for mining nodes through-out 9 different channels and found not one stone - This is a unbalanced issue.

Crafting should be progressive and fun - This is not real life! People spend money to escape RL and enjoy a beautiful fantasy pixel world.

35 minutes ago, Elefancy said:

Don't complain that it takes 12 hours to craft 5 unsealing charms.

I complain that buying charms is way cheaper (Thanks to the Potters prices)  than crafting the same charms, half of the earthseers crafting is useless. I don't care about the time crafting, in fact, i'm a cook myself (Good example, btw) , so i'm aware about times ;)

But it's absurd that the costs of craft charms raise to 5-10-20 gold. I can pay the charms but... it's a bit unfair, just a bit.

the crafting system is good.

Forgekeeper or whatever that thing is called is useless... and ? If u want to craft something useful then go craft something people need maybe there will be something u need the other profession for but currently u dont so level alts get different professions and then craft whatever u can use and stop complaining about it ...

I cant recall any mmo where u had more than 1 profession and all of them were equally important, its always a few that are useless until something changes or updates are coming and then it changes a bit and a different one is useless XD

2 hours ago, Archaegeo said:

My only complaint with crafting is some classes seem worthless (ie Forgecrafting, does it have a purpose at all?)

Well for one thing you can get upgrade mats by salvaging the crafted things like you can use the shield pieces to upgrade you soul shield.

I disagree with both your points. The crafting system isn't necessarily good, and just because someone has a suggestion on improving it they aren't asking for easy thing. Just because you can make it work doesn't mean that there aren't better ways to do it, and it doesn't mean that you can't improve it. Quite a few of the crafts have issues with balance, and don't equally interact together. If you could point out where there are as many people that are taking Forgkeepers as there are that are taking Potters, I'd agree with you. unbalanced is unbalance, no matter how much you make of it. 

I suppose if your the kind of person that just takes what you get and doesn't strive for better, then you can just be OK with what is. I've never been that kind of person. 

Now, I don't agree with those that say that it should be easy. But broken =/= easy. and not every suggestion is a "whine" from someone that want stuff easy. Currently the Radiant Ring recipes you get from drops/Market aren't working. at all. is it wanting something easy to ask that this be fixed? Potters guild trumps all at the moment...forgekeepers is nigh worthless. And your OK with this? asking for some kind of balance in this is wanting things easy? why in the world do potters make metal and wood based Pickaxes? putting this in with the forgekeepers not only seems logical, but is also a good move towards a more balanced crafting system? Do I want things easy by asking for this?

quite the contrary...If i wanted things easy I would keep the system as it is. I can make tons of money off my 3 alts who do nothing but level up potters, and I can buy whatever I need so far. THAT'S easy. taking advantage of a broken system isn't hard. 

Saying that crafting is OK where it's at IMO is settling for less when by all means it should be more. Sure, I agree that It shouldn't be easy. But there is easy, and there is bad design. if you had the option of having a honda prius to drive to work, or an old beat up Yugo with 2 bad tires, which would you pick? right now the crafting system really feels like an old yugo to me. perhaps I've been spoiled on really interesting and involved crafting systems like they have in FFXIV. But when I look at this system, I see plenty of areas for improvement. But if you are OK with an Old Yugo...

I'm not a fan of this crafting system, but what I hate even worse are bad arguments. Anyone who complains must live with their parents?  This is called an 'ad hominem" fallacy in which instead of addressing the argument you attack the person. The persons living arrangements has nothing to do with the validity of their argument. Second, almost everyone has lived with their parents (or something very close). This is normal. Many people who live with their parents also work very hard. In fact we all work hard and when we are done we like to come home and relax by playing a FUN video game. When a game is hard work, frustrating, boring, or tedious there is no reason to play. If you want a hard work simulator why dont you just go to work.  The rest of us want a GAME to be FUN. if a system is unbalanced or frustrating in a game that otherwise is A LOT of FUN. this needs to be addressed. 

Let's see. A gathering/crafting system where you don't really craft, and rarely gather.

Merry Potters are pretty much needed for nearly all the other crafting guild stuff, and you'll need Tree Fellers and Green Thumbs (at least for the mud) for that. That takes up 3 of your limit of 4 (two crafting, two gathering)

Most the the guilds are pointless except for certain items (Forgemasters for repair tools, Radiant Jewel for their keys, Earthseers for their unsealing charms), while Merry Potters are the ones that make about half of what those other ones need.

The whole ordering taking time thing is annoying. On one hand, it frees you up to do other things. On the other hand, it limits how much you can get at a time. I'm sure if this stuff were gatherable instead of needing them to do it, I'd be able to get more than 10 of whatever item it takes them 30 minutes to get. Then again, the few materials you can gather on the map aren't instanced and take forever to come back. There's even seemingly a bug/glitch where if someone gathered from it, but didn't take the item, it still looks like you can gather it, except the game goes "that item belongs to another player."

And, getting the items is well....once the orders are completed, you can have them sent right to you, but that costs coin, which you want to save up on early in. Or you have to go to a place you know has the guild reps you need...but either way, it costs money unless you're right by them when it's done. Also, you can't order a different item unless you're right by them. And, outside of Jadestone Village, some places have certain reps in them but not others, or they're spread out in such a way that makes it annoying finding/running between them all.

And, the samples to get for them are annoying too. I try to remember the locations when I read them, but once an order is ongoing, you can't talk to them again until it's done. Luckily they stand out enough for me to notice sometimes, but I can't help but think...a guild devoted to getting rocks/ores/mud/whatever would not need me to gather samples for them to know what I want, they should already know all the different samples there are for me to want...why not just let me gather the stuff normally?

It's almost as bad as Aion's crafti--oh right...they made that game. Explains a lot.

Real life is the thing I log onto games to escape from.

You can make a system difficult even by removing the time-gates if you design the opportunity for supply-demand of the market and the availability of resources right. Waiting isn't a bad thing but when that wait is 2hrs for one pickaxe, something's wrong. 

Also, just a thought, but you might get your point across better if you dropped the attitude.

This thread is Bs! 

and you think this thread make you sound like a grown ass man, think triples! And its a game where people can live in their world and have fun, so dont bring your dam reality thought in here! and my best advice to you never estimate anyone or anything!, and dont said things you dont know to insult ppl like you just did! 

But for all i like the "beat the system" that is it! No need to say all those stuff man! 

Please elaborate how is it challenging , or how does it help the game asides from keeping artificial rarity to have  T2 items  with 6 hour crafting times and minimal guild exp rewards for example 6h and 11 experience and the 40 minute item you dont need is the one that you use to level up at 40 minutes and 8 exp  out of 800+ needed

this is meant to be a game not a Chore/Job we come here to play and forget about our daily  stresses 

1 minute ago, Fidjet said:

Please elaborate how is it challenging , or how does it help the game asides from keeping artificial rarity to have  T2 items  with 6 hour crafting times and minimal guild exp rewards for example 6h and 11 experience and the 40 minute item you dont need is the one that you use to level up at 40 minutes and 8 exp  out of 800+ needed

this is meant to be a game not a Chore/Job we come here to play and forget about our daily  stresses 

Yeah. to forget about our daily stresses from our daily routine, and we do that by grinding through daily quests. :D Kinda funny if you think about it...

Just now, Tarselis said:

Yeah. to forget about our daily stresses from our daily routine, and we do that by grinding through daily quests. :D Kinda funny if you think about it...

well i personally only do a handful of them  some days because i dont really need them thanks to the broken crafting system , that requires Daily  Quest items then a day to craft the precursor item then another day to craft the actual item

2 minutes ago, Fidjet said:

well i personally only do a handful of them  some days because i dont really need them thanks to the broken crafting system , that requires Daily  Quest items then a day to craft the precursor item then another day to craft the actual item

I'm not there yet but that's what you do in most mmorpgs nowadays. And yes, the crafting feels odd and artificially slowed down, same goes for the daily limit on sells in the marketplace.

5 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

I'm not there yet but that's what you do in most mmorpgs nowadays. And yes, the crafting feels odd and artificially slowed down, same goes for the daily limit on sells in the marketplace.

wich is why this game feels  so empty  and punishing, other mmos at least have the illusion of progression  , like we cant craft even usable items all we craft goes up to crafting something else.

theres dumpling and tonic crafting and thats about it and even those you dont need because killing stuff in pve showers you with those im sitting at 90 and 80 of those .

1 hour ago, PrinceMarcus said:

With all this ruckus about crafting...

Have u ever wonder...

seriously wonder...

Definitely, Absolutely wonder...

Why we cant craft KEBABS here?

Because the world of B&S is Korean inspired and kebabs are Turkish? :P

Archived