I disagree with all the complaints about crafting

Elefancy

On 2/4/2016 at 5:34 PM, Lordzero2 said:

The crafting system is broken when only 2 of the professions can even make a profit at rank 3. simple as that.

It's not broken, it does as intended.

1 ncsoft doesnt control whats charged for what mats

2 ncsoft didnt make it so you can make a quick gold. They made it to give you access to resources.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sylvaeril said:

2 ncsoft didnt make it so you can make a quick gold. They made it to give you access to resources.

They make it so u be annoyed so much that u buy it from shop for money .......  BTW point is that some guys already have enought materials for legendary weapons lvl50 only from boxes or gold farming bots..... So bassicaly if u want to caught up pay or stay in dust years behind .....

On 1/27/2016 at 6:28 AM, Archaegeo said:

My only complaint with crafting is some classes seem worthless (ie Forgecrafting, does it have a purpose at all?)

How is crafting your own Repair tools and weapons for upgrading for breakthroughs considered worthless?

45 minutes ago, Takao said:

They make it so u be annoyed so much that u buy it from shop for money .......  BTW point is that some guys already have enought materials for legendary weapons lvl50 only from boxes or gold farming bots..... So bassicaly if u want to caught up pay or stay in dust years behind .....

All I hear is complaining from someone who doesn't want to do actual work for their money in-game, I have no damn problem making money from crafting.

4 hours ago, BubbleVegan said:

All I hear is complaining from someone who doesn't want to do actual work for their money in-game, I have no damn problem making money from crafting.

So u have 3000 soulstone and 100 moonwater stones from crafting that is what u saying ??? If u wanted to make money there was only stones that could make money. No is not even that...Ye i am doing 30 dailies and gems and still i make barely 12 gold a day not even that.... I dont hate boxes for outfit hide but for soulstone and moonwater stone inside them maked game p2w from day to day and u cant catch up even if u MCgyver .......    PS : i will not answer to your next excuse waste of time to argue with white sheep with blindfold....

I have played a lot of differnt MMOs so I have to disagree that players should not complain about aspects of the game. If a system in a game is broken then it needs to be fixed. If everybody took the same opinion as the OP then nothing would happen to fix what is broken as the developers would assume (wrongly) that everything was fine. Do some ppl "whine"? Yes, but is there others who are making valid statements to what needs fixing? Also yes. As annoying as they are every couple of levels those surveys are a way for the developers to "feel out" the players and improve the game. Don't forget that for the developers this game is their job and to keep their job they need to keep the majority of players happy or the game will fail and with that some of those developers will be out looking for a new job. For example, is buying your mats from a guild truely a gathering skill or is it going out in the world with pick-axe and mining it yourself. I personally like to go out and farm for my mats and then sell the excess on the market to those need just a few more or are too lazy to farm.

To those who have "beat the system" I tip my hat. I would craft you a medal, but I can't afford to buy the basic "gathered" mats from the guild and pay to craft them into the final product.

7 hours ago, Takao said:

So u have 3000 soulstone and 100 moonwater stones from crafting that is what u saying ??? If u wanted to make money there was only stones that could make money. No is not even that...Ye i am doing 30 dailies and gems and still i make barely 12 gold a day not even that.... I dont hate boxes for outfit hide but for soulstone and moonwater stone inside them maked game p2w from day to day and u cant catch up even if u MCgyver .......    PS : i will not answer to your next excuse waste of time to argue with white sheep with blindfold....

LOL I couldn't help but laugh at this the entire time I was reading this. Someone is super salty about the crafting system and economy in this game and should just go play WoW or Call of Duty.

22 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

why make the resources when you can buy them elsewhere cheaper?  see? broken.  the professions have no use currently.

For the record profit doesnt mean it needs to be sold.  Something being able to make profit means it is worth more to make it then to buy it somewhere else.  We arent neccessarily talking about making gold here.

22 hours ago, Sylvaeril said:

here is a current market price comparison.

Forgekeepers, obviously making the green weps does not give profit

So hammers?  yea hammers right?

To make hammers it takes 30 cold iron ore.

30 cold iron ore is 3 orders of 10 cold iron ore.

Each cold iron ore goes for 50 copper

.50 x 30 = 15s

Now we take into account the 3 orders needed to make it plus the order to make 10 repair tools.

each costs 41 copper.

15s + (.41x4) = 16.64s

Now what do repair tools go for?  1s each.  So for 16.64 silver you could sell them for 10s.

So why make repair tools when you can buy them cheaper then the material cost?  See?  This is the problem

And before you say anything nothing else makes profitm, you could argue the illusion weps but they barely sell.

So tell me now, why be a forgekeeper who cant make any gold, heck cant even craft things for themselves cheaper then buying them from the AH.  When you could be one of the 2 professions that makes gold for crafting and can make stuff for themselves?  Tell me how forgekeepers isnt broken

(btw the point of this is you can sell the crafting mats for more then the repair tools then you can use that profit to buy repair tools and have more then 10 repair tools in which you would have made with them)

Someone may have mentioned this and I missed it, but my main gripe with the crafting system is the tedium.

It's childishly simple, but you can't get anything done in a reasonable time frame.

It's an interesting crafting system, but the limited amount of recipes, combined with the long waiting times, it just doesn't get interesting. It's just a way of getting past gated content (merry potters), or a secondary way of making money (for some guilds).

On 7-2-2016 at 8:08 PM, BubbleVegan said:

How is crafting your own Repair tools and weapons for upgrading for breakthroughs considered worthless?

Is this a serious question?? Anyone who is end-game should be loading up on repair hammers every single day, breakthrough weapons? You literally buy or farm every single ONE.

Archived