THANKS NCSOFT! FINNALY!!

Qessianna

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, what about whisper spammers I get whispered as well only active chat I use is party, which is bad if friends need to chat to me and im in a party else where, please fix its

making the game very unplayable to find chat or talk to people if not in party!!!!  

Cm461z1.png

9 hours ago, Qessianna said:

After days of posting about gold spammers,ncsoft gave us some attention and did THIS!

AOBrZM5.png

And you think this is a fix? Come one... this will only delay the bots but they are still there. This is a "fast" and not too much planned patch to shut up some people.

A lot of players has suggested a very good options to fight those bots, and i dont see any word from NCSoft about those ideas.

- Right now, cross server dungeon is full of spam.

- Right now, Faction chat is full of spam.

- Right now, announcement dungeon chat is full of spam.

Didnt see any whisper from a bot, but i dont think this will be delayed too much.

This really solves nothing. Instead of them having wave after wave of level 4s, instead they will have wave after wave of level 10s. This doesn't stop them just delays the initial wave of bots.

Implementing an automatic mute on a player that gets more than 20 spam reports within "X time-frame" would go a long way towards controlling bots.

Implementing an automatic mute on players who send "X messages" within "X amount of time" would go a long way towards controlling bots.

Implementing a 200+ block list...

Getting volunteer GMs on each server to cover the different time-zones...

Implement a system like this: item that can be thrown by player, requires target to input some kind of randomized command or string within "X time-frame" or they are disconnected and flagged as a potential bot.

I guess it should be at least lvl 15, its so easy to beat lvl 10 in 2 hrs on a toon. They soon will flood channel again cuz they got botting programs, no problem to beat some lvls. It wont solve problems for longer period of time I assure u NC.

9 hours ago, Spizey said:

You dont need help under 10 I think they should move it to 20 because there are alot of level 28 bots that I have seen... Also maybe we can use a capcha or whatever thats called for using chat.

i believe this would be the best solution but not making chat lvl resrtictions. for active no bot players submitting to capcha is a 1 sec work:)

Those changes will not help at all! Bots will just lvl to 10 as it is really easy and the spam will continue! Also there are a lot of lvl30+ bots. 

In other words if they don't do something more drastic then the game is screwed, or at least the chat.

Also why didn't they increase block capacity? 

Kids, calm down. As they already announced, this is just a quick fix to slow the gold sellers down. They are working on a longterm change coming soon. So before you start crying all over these forums, just say ''thanks for doing something''. Atleast they are talking to us, and trying to fix shit, compared to other companies.

8 hours ago, ElysiumYuki said:

I have a suggestion. What if NCSoft did what they did for Aion and such, and banned Chinese IPs. Furthermore, had hackshield have a proxy detection implemented in it. If it detected proxy usage, BOOM, can't run the game. I guarantee you, this bull***t would cease.

No.

Somone else who thinks the whole game revolves around those that live next door to the servers on their double digit pings. Must be a good view from there.

Blocking proxies you are literally rendering the game unplayable to anybody outside NA trying to connecting (ie, the entire oceanic population). And yes there's quite a number of us, not the best business decision to make shutting out a chunk of your customers based on geographical location.

For the record, without a proxy I get 500ms from Australia, with a proxy I get 190. That's how bad the routing is. Five hundred. You try play this game on that latency and then tell me that removing proxies is a good idea.

Anyway, I digress. The solution to the bot problem is some how preventing the characters from being created in the first place, and\or preventing the botting programs. What that solution is, I have no idea - but you prevent the characters from being made and the bots from botting and you prevent the spam and other nasties that come with it.

the way Elder Scroll on line stop the bot from spaming was u can only make one character a day and u can only delete one character a day

after that the bot just stop and went away. also they had a GM in the game who was killing bot all over the place when people was pinging 

location of the bot a GM would show up and kill the bot with this BIG HAMMER we offen would tell the GM to wait for us cause we want to

see him drop the Ban hammer on them after that we would lol our ass off cause it looks so funny and epic at the same time that people take

pic when the GM do it.

8 minutes ago, Libertherme said:

Anyway, I digress. The solution to the bot problem is some how preventing the characters from being created in the first place, and\or preventing the botting programs. What that solution is, I have no idea - but you prevent the characters from being made and the bots from botting and you prevent the spam and other nasties that come with it

actually the solution is for no one that plays the game to buy Gold from these asshats. their market would not exist, and they would have no reason to spam etc. 

understanding the conditions that cause/encourage people to buy from these scum would tell you a lot about the reason they exist in games in the first place. anything else is merely attempting to treat the symptoms. 

They should move it to level 14 think that's when the first dungeon is. You don't really need chat till your looking for ones to run the first dungeon. If they added there own gold buying like gw2 has where can trade gold for crystals to buy cash shop items or trade crystals for gold. That help out a lot since there be no market for the gold spammers anymore.

9 hours ago, enem said:

I feel sorry for legit low-level players that want some help.  where do they go now to ask? 

With how bad the bots were, they had no where to turn since we all had our regions and faction chats closed.

This should have been done at launch though but yay.

However I don't understand why they don't put in a spam restriction? If you spam over the top you'll be muted or banned from chat for half an hour or whatever.  They're going to need a lot more restrictions if they want to keep them away completely.

1 minute ago, enem said:

actually the solution is for no one that plays the game to buy Gold from these asshats. their market would not exist, and they would have no reason to spam etc. 

understanding the conditions that cause/encourage people to buy from these scum would tell you a lot about the reason they exist in games in the first place. anything else is merely attempting to treat the symptoms.

Good point, remove the need to buy gold and you remove the demand. No demand - no need for supply.

1 minute ago, Libertherme said:

Good point, remove the need to buy gold and you remove the demand. No demand - no need for supply.

Hate to break it to ya, but there are other services they could sell for real cash.  Like dungeon runs (and loot rights), leveling services (aka Power Leveling), materials for crafting, and so on.

29 minutes ago, Velon said:

Those changes will not help at all! Bots will just lvl to 10 as it is really easy and the spam will continue! Also there are a lot of lvl30+ bots. 

In other words if they don't do something more drastic then the game is screwed, or at least the chat.

Also why didn't they increase block capacity? 

And this was the obvious action which should have happened - increase the block limit to something like 500

I cannot understand why they have missed this in these maintenance actions.

15 minutes ago, enem said:

Time for NCSOFT to sell gold themselves. If they sold in game gold as cheap as bots, then the $ made by bots would instead go to NCSOFT. Its safer to buy from NCSOFT than some shady illegal company anyway.

8 minutes ago, Demeos said:

Hate to break it to ya, but there are other services they could sell for real cash.  Like dungeon runs (and loot rights), leveling services (aka Power Leveling), materials for crafting, and so on.

I have never seen a bot spam in world: "go to (insert website here) for decently priced level ups." Level ups are often sold through whispers. Most people are not very keen on giving their accounts over to some random company that has them on a waiting list to level.

Also it is easy to level in this game, so there is really no need for it, but yes today's generation of gamers don't actually like to play the game so players will want someone to level them up. NCSOFT can just do what blizzard did and sell level ups. May as well let NCSOFT collect the cash from players vs some random person. Since leveling in this game is easy, it is not game breaking since F2P players can easily catch up to someone who bought their way to max level.

Archived