Bid System sucks.

Zellogi

So I'm a level 38 Summoner, been spamming Tomb of Exiles for about 5 days now, completed ~70ish runs, and I've almost completed the Soul Shield set, got all my accessories, the only thing I need is the weapon and the last piece of the soul shield. So I join a party of random people so I can clear it faster. After about another 15 runs of wasted time, both the staff and the last piece finally drop from the boss. Yay right? I get outbid on both items, with the bids reaching into 50-60 silver. Now tell me, after 85ish runs, does it seem fair that I get scammed out of the two items I need (at the same time no less) simply because I didn't have enough money to outbid the rich people who pay money and sell NCoin? Doesn't seem right to me. The bid system sucks, and I'm tired of losing shit I need to richer people who don't even need it. I got outbid on the Infernal Staff by a *cricket*ing Assassin. Random parties suck ass because nine times outta ten, they're assholes who rush the dungeon so if you don't keep up, the fire will kill you instantly. And they leave you behind. Plus steal the one drop you need that they can't even use, simply because you don't have enough money to outbid NCoin sellers.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well im kinda opposed to this, i love the bid system, it makes it so people are less likely to roll on shit they dont want and the higher the bid the more u get from them in coin distribution to the party when you lose or pass. however i can see where u are coming from (though your exaduration on how many runs you did could be a bit more realistic) cause rich people at higher levels will bid on shit they dont even need, especially bad when its class specific weapons. i havent looked into it but isnt there a way to set the loot distribute to where you can only roll on stuff that is only for your class or general use (example, soul shields)?

also get some friends in game and ask for thier help or join a guild and ask for thier help. that way people wont jack the items your aiming for.

I got all my stuff on the first run .... I outbid like a boss!

Also you never got scammed. You just got outbid, which is pretty simple to understand. However; judging from your post, it seems you lack a vital life skill called "Common Sense".

Just out of curiosity how do you know they sell NCCoin? What if they were both on their 90th or 100th run, and they saved all their money from the previous runs so as to bid pretty high for those items?  You didn't say what the other class was that got the staff, so no idea if they need it or not, but what makes you think they don't need the soul shield? What if that was also the last piece they needed so they were willing to throw everything in the pot to get ti and be done with it?

Look at it this way you are now that much more richer so as to be able to bid higher next run for those items.

Edit: Or was I supposed to leave common sense at the door when coming to the forums?

There's "unfair; unlucky" aspects to any group loot distribution system.  RNG you get people rolling on crap who don't need it, just to sell, scrap or be a nuisance.  Leader distributes and you get premade groups of friends keeping all the loot for themselves. 

At least with the bid system everyone gets something; those people who blew a ton of real cash on in-game coin are handing that coin over to you for free.  Honestly, I like that system better than losing a dice roll after 80 runs or just being strong-armed out of loot by a group leader.  It feels more fair and I'll never leave with absolutely nothing. 

26 minutes ago, Zellogi said:

I get outbid on both items, with the bids reaching into 50-60 silver. Now tell me, after 85ish runs, does it seem fair that I get scammed out of the two items I need (at the same time no less) simply because I didn't have enough money to outbid the rich people who pay money and sell NCoin? Doesn't seem right to me.

So they spend real money, buy NCoin, and trade it with in game gold and outbids you. However, you get a portion of that bidding. So how are you being scammed when those players are wellingly giving you their $$?

I do not get this at all, What server are you even on. Tomb of Exiles is a daily that gives soul stones, there are so many people lvl 45 running it that don't want any of the loot that getting soul shields for a few silver like 2 to 3 ish, should be simple. I got my entire set on Poh for at most a couple silver a pop, then the dungeon box at the end can drop them, and your weapon.... definitely should have it by now.

I can't believe the amount of runs you have done and not received your goods, everything seems exaggerated..  just opening weapon chests should have gotten you the weapon. I want to believe you but, it really doesn't seem legitimate. I farmed Pinchy for 150+ essences to get the costume, It was worth it I don't regret it but I have never had to farm dungeons like crazy for weapon or soul shields. They drop so much.

1 hour ago, Trox said:

Just out of curiosity how do you know they sell NCCoin? What if they were both on their 90th or 100th run, and they saved all their money from the previous runs so as to bid pretty high for those items?  You didn't say what the other class was that got the staff, so no idea if they need it or not, but what makes you think they don't need the soul shield? What if that was also the last piece they needed so they were willing to throw everything in the pot to get ti and be done with it?

Look at it this way you are now that much more richer so as to be able to bid higher next run for those items.

Edit: Or was I supposed to leave common sense at the door when coming to the forums?

46 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

So they spend real money, buy NCoin, and trade it with in game gold and outbids you. However, you get a portion of that bidding. So how are you being scammed when those players are wellingly giving you their $$?

@TroxHe kept spamming in party chat selling NCoin. Yes I might be slightly richer, but 50 silver split into 5 is 10. Even small amounts I get outbid on because I only have about 7-8 silver. I used to sell essences but their value has dropped substantially since there's an unlimited supply of them so farming them for money is becoming increasingly tedious. And if you reread my post, I did say the class that outbid me for the staff. It was an Assassin. So he was just being a dick.

@AttacKatI don't want the money, I want the weapon and soulshield piece so I can be done with this dungeon. Money can come later.

1 hour ago, raiden33 said:

well im kinda opposed to this, i love the bid system, it makes it so people are less likely to roll on shit they dont want and the higher the bid the more u get from them in coin distribution to the party when you lose or pass. however i can see where u are coming from (though your exaduration on how many runs you did could be a bit more realistic) cause rich people at higher levels will bid on shit they dont even need, especially bad when its class specific weapons. i havent looked into it but isnt there a way to set the loot distribute to where you can only roll on stuff that is only for your class or general use (example, soul shields)?

also get some friends in game and ask for thier help or join a guild and ask for thier help. that way people wont jack the items your aiming for.

I wasn't the party leader so I can't set distribution, and the party leader didn't even speak English so there was no help there.

1 hour ago, EasleyRR said:

What's happening to me are low lvl players, under 26 to be exactly joining that shit only to farm money...

You don't get any money except from mobs and bids so they're kinda stupid for doing that. You can't sell anything except the horns from the boss, and there's enough of those on the marketplace that their value has gone down a lot as well.

33 minutes ago, Yui said:

I do not get this at all, What server are you even on. Tomb of Exiles is a daily that gives soul stones, there are so many people lvl 45 running it that don't want any of the loot that getting soul shields for a few silver like 2 to 3 ish, should be simple. I got my entire set on Poh for at most a couple silver a pop, then the dungeon box at the end can drop them, and your weapon.... definitely should have it by now.

I can't believe the amount of runs you have done and not received your goods, everything seems exaggerated..  just opening weapon chests should have gotten you the weapon. I want to believe you but, it really doesn't seem legitimate. I farmed Pinchy for 150+ essences to get the costume, It was worth it I don't regret it but I have never had to farm dungeons like crazy for weapon or soul shields. They drop so much.

To answer your questions... I play on the Jiwan server. We had no 45's, but I was the only Summoner so there was no reason for anyone else to bid on an Infernal Staff except to be an *cricket*. The box for beating the boss gives RNG chests that require 2 keys each to pop (or 3 if they're the Hongmoon keys) and since it's RNG, it won't give it to me. I've long since ran out of keys and I'm looking at like 60 boxes in my inventory that I cannot open, contemplating just throwing them out because it's just taking space. Soul Shield pieces drop from every boss, but it's never the one I need. The most common ones I've seen are 1, 2, 3, and 7. I need 6 and I've only seen it drop twice in all my runs, and I didn't take it the first time because it was the first run and my friend needed it more. Now I need it and have only seen it once, and got outbid. I've even soloed a few runs (Summoner PvE op) just to make sure I get everything, and nobody can outbid me, and I still don't get anything I can use. It's getting ridiculous, it's almost like the game knows what class you are and purposely reduces the drop rate of your class-specific weapon to make you farm more, or cave in, buy NCoin, and buy a brilliant cinderlands key. 

1 hour ago, Zellogi said:

So I'm a level 38 Summoner, been spamming Tomb of Exiles for about 5 days now, completed ~70ish runs, and I've almost completed the Soul Shield set, got all my accessories, the only thing I need is the weapon and the last piece of the soul shield. So I join a party of random people so I can clear it faster. After about another 15 runs of wasted time, both the staff and the last piece finally drop from the boss. Yay right? I get outbid on both items, with the bids reaching into 50-60 silver. Now tell me, after 85ish runs, does it seem fair that I get scammed out of the two items I need (at the same time no less) simply because I didn't have enough money to outbid the rich people who pay money and sell NCoin? Doesn't seem right to me. The bid system sucks, and I'm tired of losing shit I need to richer people who don't even need it. I got outbid on the Infernal Staff by a *cricket*ing Assassin. Random parties suck ass because nine times outta ten, they're assholes who rush the dungeon so if you don't keep up, the fire will kill you instantly. And they leave you behind. Plus steal the one drop you need that they can't even use, simply because you don't have enough money to outbid NCoin sellers.

It's your own fault that you didn't give a crap about earning money. It is quite easy to get gold if you have patience, and it doesn't even take that much time.

Saying that you got scammed is the stupidest thing I've read in forum so far.

Besides, every game will have people who get their needs with real money.

And most importantly don't forget, nobody cares what you need, you gotta work for it. The fact that you just run the dungeon doesn't mean everything, and you're not the only one. We are not your parents after all, ain't gonna feed you lil crybaby.

1 hour ago, Zellogi said:

Bids reached 50-60 silver

thats around 10 silver you earned per being outbid on an item

you are saying 85ish runs? 

well lets downgrade your silver earned to 6 .. and thats only on one loot

6 X 85 =510 silver

so at this point just outbid and pay 70 silver for it.... you would have 440 left over 

................................................................................................
Or did you not know that the "Winner" pays the "Losers" 

IE .... if i bid 85 silver on an item and win...... that 85 silver is split among the other 5 group members 

....... did you know that?!?!? .... so if you really got outbid that many times for those amounts of silver... you should be easily able to outbid someone by now on the item you want 

im really starting to think people have no idea that the system pays the losers the winners bid

5 minutes ago, Nibaki said:

It's your own fault that you didn't give a crap about earning money. It is quite easy to get gold if you have patience, and it doesn't even take that much time.

Saying that you got scammed is the stupidest thing I've read in forum so far.

Besides, every game will have people who get their needs with real money.

And most importantly don't forget, nobody cares what you need, you gotta work for it. The fact that you just run the dungeon doesn't mean everything, and you're not the only one. We are not your parents after all, ain't gonna feed you lil crybaby.

But according to the prices he has lost out on...... he should of made tons of money

Hell all i did was quest and dungeon.... most of my gold has come from the insanely large bids people put on items...... i won 30 silver on something i passed on... 

Just now, Vertoxis said:

Bids reached 50-60 silver

thats around 10 silver you earned per being outbid on an item

you are saying 85ish runs? 

well lets downgrade your silver earned to 6 .. and thats only on one loot

6 X 85 =510 silver

so at this point just outbid and pay 70 silver for it.... you would have 440 left over 

................................................................................................
Or did you not know that the "Winner" pays the "Losers" 

IE .... if i bid 85 silver on an item and win...... that 85 silver is split among the other 5 group members 

....... did you know that?!?!? .... so if you really got outbid that many times for those amounts of silver... you should be easily able to outbid someone by now on the item you want 

im really starting to think people have no idea that the system pays the losers the winners bid

Yes I knew that but not every item goes for 6 silver. Most people pay 1 copper for their items, and a bid rarely goes higher than that. Your logic is flawed in assuming that there were high bids every run, which there wasn't.

1 minute ago, Vertoxis said:

But according to the prices he has lost out on...... he should of made tons of money

Hell all i did was quest and dungeon.... most of my gold has come from the insanely large bids people put on items...... i won 30 silver on something i passed on... 

One more reason he should of not made this post.

3 minutes ago, DabMarley said:

I like how being against the bidding system = having no common sense. That's sensible... 

It is not. However people assume it this way because OP is probably (and rightfully) frustrated and it shows a lot in its post, making it look like nonsensical QQ. He also uses words such as Scamming in a system that, except from dick who trolls people on items they do not need, is usually fair and straightforward (bid until you can't), coupled with the fact that he also accused people of using NCoins and Real Money to obtain gold, which he has no proof of whatsoever and is perfectly in their right. 

Also the fact he could play with a guild or something like that that would help him get his stuff (what I did for certain outfit and we each took our turn to get it)

His use of certain term and the frustration sweating from his post makes it looks like nonsensical and void of common sense.

If OP had breathed through his nose a bit before writing it, it would have seemed more legit and less ragy, because he does makes fair points, and it indeed "isn't fair", but he also didn't think that other solutions outside of bidding system wouldn't necessarily advantage him further, or would make the game all too easy (random individual loot per character, meaning everyone can get any sort of weapon, Locking your character to his own weapon type, guaranteeing a drop.) 

OP breath before making posts like these, people react very strongly, and not in a good way, when facd with rage, especially in a F2P game, which makes most of the community think that you are not entitled to any form of opinion or people who loves the game and will have their hackle raised at the simple mention that a system of their much-adored game may be slightly unfair or bad. 

"l2P" They say and it's always your fault. 

Love the game, but each has their community and not all are rationnal beings. 

1 minute ago, Zellogi said:

Yes I knew that but not every item goes for 6 silver. Most people pay 1 copper for their items, and a bid rarely goes higher than that. Your logic is flawed in assuming that there were high bids every run, which there wasn't.

then do what i do

Take the risk and push their bid

I let nothing go for less then 2 silver, if i win it... oh well... the bumps in price ive done in numerous other items pay for the 1-2 items i dont need but win

Play the system for what it is... 

if i have another bladedancer with me... and i know what i want is the lynblade at the end (this happened last night) ..... the other BD wanted one of the soul shield peices.... i bumped it up 8 silver.... he bought and went to 9.... i popped it again to 11... .he came back with 12 and won

and even said at the end after i bid 50 on the lynblade "Damnit you upp'd the price on the shield so i couldnt outbid the lynblade) (he was short money to outbid me now) 

yes... thats exactly what i did 

I need trhe soul shield as well.. i dont wanna pay 11 silver for it.. but if i won.. oh well ... id probably have to do another run.... 

Then again im the guy who ran ZG in WoW for 3 months without a Zinrokh drop :-P (im talking it didnt drop at all... no chance to even bid on it...really unlucky... i got it eventually but... yeah.. lol ) 

Just keep at it dude... or grab 5 people and ask them about the item in question beforehand and if you could "reserve it" ... thats the benefit of grouping with friends (or people who you just met who agree to looting you something specifically... which those poeple ... make friends with those people lolol)

The bidding system is being abused by ppl who dnt even need the item, if they catch someone who wants an item (annoying wen its class specific) they will push the bid really high... ive seen ppl take the bait.. i personally ignore any item i can get from the chest at the end., id rather fight rngesus and farm keys then waste the gold on the ppl who nolife b&s.. 

7 minutes ago, Nibaki said:

One more reason he should of not made this post.

Well people have to post their complaints somewhere...... and at times may take something from the responses thats helpful/useful

I hope he takes my advice on pushing up those 1Copper bids into a bit more money making prices (and therefor has enough money to push out any opposition on the next item he wants.. due to being loaded) ... might solve his problems in the long-term 

12 minutes ago, Zellogi said:

My logic is not flawed, look at your original post

and then look up the definition of "alluded" 

" Yay right? I get outbid on both items, with the bids reaching into 50-60 silver. 

both items went for 50-60 silver ... BOTH ... now items of equal value (Axe=sword=lynblade) they are all roughly the same price when being bid on... but that can be subject to change on demand.. but only slightly as all classes are demanding all things atm

you now are 20-30 silver richer ... 2 more runs like that... (you said 85 runs) and you can bid at that level 

Probability would state that you would again see those numbers for those items within the 84 other runs you claimed to have went on (because i have seen those prices as well) 

even at 2 silver a pop .. 84X 2 = 168 silver

and even at 1 silver a pop per bid.. it would be 84 silver (if you bid 70 silver on that item.. and get outbid... you just made even more money for the NEXT run.. bump that shit to a gold and im sure it wont be challenged) 

Or just don't take the advice being given..... and continue to get mad at a system you refuse to adapt to.....  

Just now, Vertoxis said:

Well people have to post their complaints somewhere...... and at times may take something from the responses thats helpful/useful

I hope he takes my advice on pushing up those 1Copper bids into a bit more money making prices (and therefor has enough money to push out any opposition on the next item he wants.. due to being loaded) ... might solve his problems in the long-term 

I would do that but then I'd end up with an item I don't want, because they may take my high bid as an urgent need of that item and withdraw. Now I've just wasted money I didn't really have on an item I didn't need. So there's pros and cons to force bidding.

Just now, Vertoxis said:

I hope he takes my advice on pushing up those 1Copper bids into a bit more money making prices ... might solve his problems in the long-term 

Depending on situation, if I see person who likes to spam Y. I make price right off from 10 copper to 10 silvers on cheap items. Easy way to rip off the kids.

Archived