Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

Well tonight (Monday) I finally had to turn off faction chat.  My blocked list became full after about 15 minutes of constantly blocking Gold Spammers.  It wasn't so bad over the weekend.  You would get a couple, block them, and new one's wouldn't be back for an hour or two.  Now faction chat is completely full of Gold Spammers.

You might have to implement what ArcheAge uses.  You can't use any global chat until you are level 15.  This is annoying for new players looking for help, but it slows down how fast Gold Spammers can generate a new account and start spamming.

An additional option would be that there is no limit on reported and blocked spammers.  With the limit of 50, mine is full already, so I can't block any more spammers.  Having a limit of 50 for real players that you might want to block is OK.  That type of block should take a while to fill.  I think Rift has a method where reported spammers are instantly removed from the game.

Now this suggestion is a bit over the top.  Maybe a way to discourage spammers in chat would be to set up an advertising screen.  If you had something to sell, you could put your add up.  Maybe no more than 5 lines.  Then if anyone wanted to look for Gold Sellers they could open the page and see who to buy from.  And hopefully leave chat alone.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spamming in all chat kinda does ruin my experience of the game.

How hard is it to ban the spammers that appear?

I could literally be in one server banning every gold spammer and keep it clean. I'll do for free of charge.

Now if only they could make this happen like, yesterday. It's so bad on my server right now, that ALL chats are bogged down, you can't communicate with anyone. At least up until today you could talk in Faction chat and block one or two here or there. But they are now scrolling too fast to even block them and there are 50x as many as before!

The problem lies with the original developer not including the tools to filter the gold spam. Either they have to implement it manually or wait for tools from the Korean version that allows better filtering. Or you are a child and don't understand this, keep whining.

2 minutes ago, Rastlina said:

Bad thing is that you can't escape them. At least lifting the block limit would help. Then we can spend a half hour blocking them and continue to communicate.

even this won't help tonight ..

I blocked 6 and got ready to move 10 to 20 seconds later another wave and so on and on and on..

I have all chats now disabled as you have it in all channels ..\

IF they don't fix it fast these tards are going to be crashing the chat and maybe the servers regularly ..

the last time I saw spam this bad was in old EQ before there was an AH there and everyone was selling in east commons and yes they crashed the zone daily

2 minutes ago, z3rodown said:

The problem lies with the original developer not including the tools to filter the gold spam. Either they have to implement it manually or wait for tools from the Korean version that allows better filtering. Or you are a child and don't understand this, keep whining.

no need to be rude ... people are informing the DEVs of the issue and that is all .. as a rule .. I saw no snotty and rude messages above you or attacks so pls keep it civil

It is easy and simple just add a button to report players, if they put a button in this report how "Report - Reason (show one list of options) and finish"

if the player is reported more than 30/50 is given a temporary ban until an administrator / moderator review if that player is a bot or not, to be a bot if it is within some members of the clan clan also They would have to be reviewed as well as all users with what they did trade

sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish xD, live google translate XD.

6 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

no need to be rude ... people are informing the DEVs of the issue and that is all .. as a rule .. I saw no snotty and rude messages above you or attacks so pls keep it civil

This is beyond informing them. They know. Every 2-3rd post is about gold spam. It would be nice to talk about other topics in the game.

3 minutes ago, z3rodown said:

This is beyond informing them. They know. Every 2-3rd post is about gold spam. It would be nice to talk about other topics in the game.

still doesn't change anything and the spam waves was new to me today on my server ..

you too are adding to the issue if you are posting in a thread and bumping it to the top BUT I will also admit that it would be nice IF people would use the other threads as well since you aren't necroing a day old thread

What I'd like to know is how they're able to log back in so quick on another account (because deleting a character takes 7 days..right?). I mean the queue times on Soha are 1500+. If there was some way to kick them back into queue that would also work lol.

Tip:  Click the All chat tab, and uncheck Region from the list.  If you haven't done so already, get your blue or red faction so you can faction chat.  Purge your block list to zero, then block only the gold spam in your faction chat.  Seems only a few of the moron gold spammers, took the time to get a faction.  My current faction chat spammers blocked is eight or nine total.

Update:  Forget what I wrote above...on Hajoon the bots are flooding blue faction chat, like bugs thru a Indiana Jones dungeon.  After purging my block list half hour ago, I'm about to max it again.  Since I don't have the "report spam" option of the block feature, I'll be forced to close faction chat, if I want to continue to play.  The scrolling gold spam distracts me, to no end.  If I had gold spammers like this, at my front door, I think I'd just blow up my home and move into the mountains or the Canadian Tundra.

16 minutes ago, Rhearn said:

What I'd like to know is how they're able to log back in so quick on another account (because deleting a character takes 7 days..right?). I mean the queue times on Soha are 1500+. If there was some way to kick them back into queue that would also work lol.

I made a character on a really busy server, and decided to delete it. Took 5 minutes.

16 minutes ago, Rhearn said:

sub level 15 characters are quick (relatively) to delete.  but at the end of the day they can just make more accounts faster than waiting to delete. 

Could it also be possible to remove them from a player's block list as well? Be a feature when a bot is banned from the game.

Why can you not report when making a new character? There are several bots that you can only block.

erm idk what the non premium limit is but premiums only got 50 spots to block people with so its not really that extensive of a block list either way irregardless of prem non prem just saying im not saying prems dont have a better limit im saying idk non prem limit but regardless its just plain far to low an amount

There are plenty of free to play games that have about a tenth of the problem of gold spammers as this one, what makes this one so rampant, is how easy/'affordable' it is to get a message to everyone.

Ergo the easiest way to slow this down would either A: Put a cost to talk to everyone, or B: Increase the level required to talk to everyone. - I know they sound easy on paper, hell coding it wouldn't even be all that difficult, (especially the level limit one) either one of them, and would be quite effective in slowing/stopping them, without having to make a complicated script to keep the proxies/dynamic ip changers away.

Archived