A Warning To Good Players

LiquidValium

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope the system can be altered at some point. Everything else aside, it IS problematic with the current setup. I'd rather not spend countless runs hoping for one specific item to drop, only for it to be taken from me purely because I lack the currency compared to someone who, in most cases, doesn't even need it in comparison to the person with the class it's directly required for.

I usually help until the party I had joined disbands by a leader other than myself. I use the item boxes given after the dungeon and bid on only my weapon type unless someone else of my same class wants the weapon. Am patient and only need the weapon once.

Can just remember that ya are helping others too. Making friends also. Made my first friends helping in the Blackram Adders.
All to help myself continue in what I know is everything I seek in a game and such.
Help others just to help.

I think it was the level 23 or so dungeon iirc, the one that gives the quest drop box for the weapon upgrade; I ran that 27 times and no class weapon. Finally just sold all of the ones I did get and purchased my assassin dagger. Fun times.

I also ran TotE quite a few times, in one group, there were 5 assassins and a BM. Funny enough, the assassin dagger dropped, and even the blademaster rolled.. wth? We also had the mask drop too. Needless to say, I left that dungeon with 30 more silver than I had going into it.

Fact: RNG can be horrible.

Fact: RNG can be amazing.

Fact: It's not exactly fair that you can run a dungeon 15+ times without even seeing your drop.

Fact: When grouping with random players across servers, they will hit need, every time, when the standard Need/Greed system is in place.

Conclusion: A GDKP system is far superior to the standard Need/Greed system, as you get to save up money while your sh*t doesn't drop, then spend the profits from said runs on securing the item when it actually drops.

Stop being so blinded by years of using the super sub-par N/G system, that you can't see a good change when it comes knocking.

I actually was on the other side one time:

I was there for only one thing: my shield piece. No one wanted the other pieces and and they all ended up being destroyed. And this player scammed me (the bids were at 20c and he added more than a silver to it) into paying nearly 2s (if you only have 20 it is a bunch) and in the end his weapon dropped and yes I pushed it a bit higher and he went all out how dare I. Sorry but if you try to pull something on another player you have no right to say it's wrong when you are on the receiving end.

I don't know how your situation was, but think twice before you try to scam others. Everyone can see who pushed the bid over the top. And everyone click sometimes a bit to fast. Don't scam or live with the echo.

Are you guys serious, you would rather it be a need/greed system? 

When it's need/greed system, here's what's going to happen:

2 of the same class in the dungeon,

person A needs weapon, person B already has weapon

they both roll need on the weapon

Person B wins it

Person A WTF Y U ROLL WHEN U HAVE IT

because I can.

What drop in game rng besides the loot boxes.... You use hongmoon weapons/accessories so you only need the breakthrough weapon.

The only rng gear in the game at the moment is the siren bracelet.

And...

I'm pretty sure people would disagree it's more fun another person takes a weapon he already have that you wanted from a roll.

Get a group of friends or join a clan that has specific rules as far as looting distribution goes
You can't expect pugs to be generous, especially when you pretty much hint them you NEED it and they see potential value from you.

Next time shut up and just make the bid, 99% they have their windows closed and they don't even give a shit

I know a lot of people like it, but I personally think it's the worst loot system I've ever been subjected to in an MMORPG. Yesterday I was in a couple of runs where cat specific items dropped and some of the non-summoners were bidding on it. What's so hard about making things class only? Or if there's nobody of that class in the party, then fine, open it up for everyone to bid on to sell on the AH if that's what they want it for. But the Summoner should have first and exclusive dibs imo. And I'm playing a Blade Master and I feel this way, so it's not like I have any particular bias towards summoners. lol

Just advertise your group # in cross realm lobby in chat window and say your item is on reserve. People will join and let you have it if you communicate and actually *have people request to join your group*. Don't use the random finder.

Archived