A Warning To Good Players

LiquidValium

Honestly, pugging looks like the best way to make money.

Wait until soul shards/weapons drop. Wait until people are spam bidding like idiots.

Up it by a silver or two.

Profit.

Not my fault they're not paying attention. They're being just as greedy, I'm just capitalizing like any business man would.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the bidding system after u get ur weapon u can actually profit a great deal from ppls bids also the weapon in the bid is not the only way u can get the weapon if u spend all ur money on it jus cause someone is being a jerk/ur competing thats entirely ur fault just keep doing the dung until u get it from the box or until no one bids on it

I've been grinding for my breakthrough weapon in Blackram Narrows. I've ran the dungeon 20+ times, opened every chest I received both in dungeon and in quests, and farmed for more keys. Nothing. The other day I had no class so I spent 6 hours farming for this, determined to finally get it. What happened? It dropped in a bid. Some rich person, not even the same class as I was, bid more than everything I had just to troll me. I begged them to stop, and that I needed it really bad. They'd get a share of the money distributed. They just laughed at me. 

I had to...take a break for a few days. I felt very disappointed and angry. 

8 hours ago, Victorion said:

The point is lack of sportsmanship and comradarie.

There is none of that in online gaming anymore, maybe you're lucky to see some if you're a professional e-sports player. It's absolutely disgusting the number of people I've encountered that have no manners whatsoever. They will dive in and scoop up your quest objective even if there's a similar one nearby and you're basically touching the objective with your nose. Then they'll do everything they can to get the other one too.

For this type of player, only the threat of going broke prevents them from bidding on anything and everything, and I imagine that's basically moot as I wouldn't put it past them to purchase their currency via RMT.

The problem is, people believe they are entitled to another human beings manners or politeness. You can't expect it. You can give it, sure. You can give it all the time, sometimes, often, rarely... It's not really a code of conduct and especially not in a realm like online gaming where it's a world you don't have to be obligated to be a certain way to anyone. Just be as you are. It's just as disgusting if not more disgusting to see people without manners IRL... Why are we worried about a game? It's easier to get around here, at least.

There is no rule in the world that says anyone should expect people to behave a certain way. If anything, expect the opposite of people. It does not mean don't believe there are good people, it will just be a pleasant surprise when you hit it off with someone and become friends. That's what most people do these days, I think...

I find it odd though, that in my six or so years playing MMO's (excluding time spent on shooters) that the people who EXPECT other people to be nice or feel entitled to politeness are the ones who never seem to be very good or get very far....

I say abuse the rolls for profit. Whether you pass on an item someone needs or not is up to you. Some days I do, some days I don't. It's not really that big a deal.

If it's so hard on you, grab a friend or two and just duo/trio the instance. It's not hard. Your problem is you are pugging and expecting people not to want to benefit.

2 minutes ago, Glint said:

The problem is, people believe they are entitled to another human beings manners or politeness. You can't expect it. You can give it, sure. You can give it all the time, sometimes, often, rarely... It's not really a code of conduct and especially not in a realm like online gaming where it's a world you don't have to be obligated to be a certain way to anyone. Just be as you are. It's just as disgusting if not more disgusting to see people without manners IRL... Why are we worried about a game? It's easier to get around here, at least.

There is no rule in the world that says anyone should expect people to behave a certain way. If anything, expect the opposite of people. It does not mean don't believe there are good people, it will just be a pleasant surprise when you hit it off with someone and become friends. That's what most people do these days, I think...

I find it odd though, that in my six or so years playing MMO's (excluding time spent on shooters) that the people who EXPECT other people to be nice or feel entitled to politeness are the ones who never seem to be very good or get very far....

I say abuse the rolls for profit. Whether you pass on an item someone needs or not is up to you. Some days I do, some days I don't. It's not really that big a deal.

If it's so hard on you, grab a friend or two and just duo/trio the instance. It's not hard. Your problem is you are pugging and expecting people not to want to benefit.

People are "entitled" to that because civility is a thing. Or was a thing.

I sincerely hope that you're not trying to flip the tables here, that's just deplorable. There's nothing you can do to justify that kind of behavior. yes, we have to get used to it, because apparently there's no going back, but don't make us look like the bad guys here.

2 minutes ago, brasteir said:

People are "entitled" to that because civility is a thing. Or was a thing.

I sincerely hope that you're not trying to flip the tables here, that's just deplorable. There's nothing you can do to justify that kind of behavior. yes, we have to get used to it, because apparently there's no going back, but don't make us look like the bad guys here.

I'm not trying to flip anything. Civility is a thing and I try to be a good person/give love and support/etc. I smile at everyone in the street, I don't start fights, I don't hurt people or steal.

But those things happen to me. You just can't expect it or believe that you deserve it. There is truth in morality, but there is also the real world too. Just speaking the painful truth. I guess all the older ladies in the world think things should work differently and if it doesn't they demand to see the manager. Nomsayin?

4 minutes ago, Glint said:

I'm not trying to flip anything. Civility is a thing and I try to be a good person/give love and support/etc. I smile at everyone in the street, I don't start fights, I don't hurt people or steal.

But those things happen to me. You just can't expect it or believe that you deserve it. There is truth in morality, but there is also the real world too. Just speaking the painful truth. I guess all the older ladies in the world think things should work differently and if it doesn't they demand to see the manager. Nomsayin?

I also feel entitled to no catty passive aggression, I guess I'm not getting that either.

I'm just saying that people feel entitled to it for a reason. If they want to gripe about it, let them gripe. They're right to. If you want to act like a jerk, the least you can expect is a bunch of grumbling from old ladies.

And yes, I'm defensive of my stance that people should be polite to each other and naturally expect it from one another. Are you seriously going to contest that?

I'm not against you. I'm actually quite with you, but at the same time it's a beautiful thing to believe in these elements it's also sort of unrealistic and you can't really blame or judge other people by it; that's what I'm getting at. 

Gear down a little bit. Just because I'm being straight and real doesn't mean I'm being catty.. flip your perspective switch. This is exactly what I mean lol...

39 minutes ago, Glint said:

I'm not against you. I'm actually quite with you, but at the same time it's a beautiful thing to believe in these elements it's also sort of unrealistic and you can't really blame or judge other people by it; that's what I'm getting at. 

Gear down a little bit. Just because I'm being straight and real doesn't mean I'm being catty.. flip your perspective switch. This is exactly what I mean lol...

Yeah you're right. We all have to accept it. I'm sorry.

I think that nice manners do count for something. One that lost an item for a bid troll need to keep playing with those players for the rest of the dungeon while angry for the fact that someone ninjad the item he need. Even in WoW if someone need an item the rest of the team will pass, because they know that this item will benefit the the entire team after being equipped . If one will upgrade a level 10 Hongmoon sword to level x Blight sword the new DPS will help the team for the rest of the dungeon (as an example i have items in my inventory that will give me the ability to enhance it to rank 5 instantly).

On the other hand the game doesn't need to encourage bad teamplay and bad behavior, i cant see the benefits of the currant system, other then stealing money from someone that need the item. there are so many way to fix the current system and people here suggested very nice ideas.

1 hour ago, Rhinala said:

I think that nice manners do count for something. One that lost an item for a bid troll need to keep playing with those players for the rest of the dungeon while angry for the fact that someone ninjad the item he need. Even in WoW if someone need an item the rest of the team will pass, because they know that this item will benefit the the entire team after being equipped . If one will upgrade a level 10 Hongmoon sword to level x Blight sword the new DPS will help the team for the rest of the dungeon (as an example i have items in my inventory that will give me the ability to enhance it to rank 5 instantly).

On the other hand the game doesn't need to encourage bad teamplay and bad behavior, i cant see the benefits of the currant system, other then stealing money from someone that need the item. there are so many way to fix the current system and people here suggested very nice ideas.

Manners count morally, but it's still an abstract from the reality.

Also, there's no"stealing" money from people who aren't paying attention. Watch your bid. Then you don't lose your money. Pretty easy concept.

1 hour ago, Glint said:

Also, there's no"stealing" money from people who aren't paying attention. Watch your bid. Then you don't lose your money. Pretty easy concept.

Stealing and phishing happen when one is not paying attention, the system should prevent it. I play in order to have fun after a hard day at work and with my kids, i am looking for a system that will help me to have fun.

Just keep your eyes open. Be careful when you bid. Just like real life, people will take advantage of you.

The last thing you should do though is blame a mechanic for your own inability to pay attention to bids.

Boo fkn whooooo... I didnt have enough money for my weapon so I made a forum post... 

If it was worth more to you than to him you would pay more than him for it.  Dont expect a handout... door is that way =>

I must admit in the first dungeon it can be frustrating with the weapon drops but yeah u have the weapon chests for this reason. 

If u cant get by farming try to get one viridian key for 60 or 80 coins .. its rly not much and u might even find someone with a few ncoins left who can gift u one of those who knows :) just dont complain about the whole system just because u met the biggest jerk in the game who actually just wanted to *cricket* u off....

Later on when u go farm the 45 dungeons u might actually be happy about the system when u enter a dungeon the first time and leave it with 5-10g more 

I just want items overall value to be worth more than it is. I'm so tired of having to wait for loot to be done because people keep clicking on garbage blue loot that nobody wants. I can't stand being in the middle of a fight only to have a loot window pop up in the middle of the screen. Weapons and jewelry worth 3c? You get more off killing random mobs in open world. Also why do dungeons give less xp and money than random open world mobs? Does any of that make sense to anyone? 

Archived