Sorry NCSoft.

Militiaman

But if your excuse for how toxic pvp is in this game is because "Korean Esports", this game is going to die rather quickly in the US. 

I have done around 100 matches and pretty much the only decent fight I get where it actually feels like it is a battle of skill is with another forcemaster.

BM/LBM: If it doesn't get resisted, because for some reason the magic defense in arena is so freaking high that 90% of every spell cast is resisted... It is countered. Also, I get stunned every time for 2 seconds. Then knocked into the air, which can't be countered for another 6-8 seconds. 

KFM: Counter spam, you get stunned. They basically do the same thing above, except now they ground pound you. Also, that can't be broken. Also, they heal for 30% of their health. Yeah, because reasons.

Summoner: Yeah, self explanatory.  Though, honestly I honestly feel like this is a skill match up against FM. Since I just force grip the cat and sleep it. But they are still pretty stupid but pretty much every pet class in any game is (warlock in wow, spiritmaster in aion, etc, etc.) 

Assassin: Don't know how to feel about this, they are slightly less oppressive than BM/KFM since you can actually bait out their counter and it is down for a few seconds which gives you time to do things and stuff. 

Destoryer: LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I have played a lot of games and played a lot of pvp, I have never seen a bigger example of a true 2 button class. I literally see them spin2win every fight. Everytime.

You could say "Blah blah blah Koreans, get gewd". Korea is not on the same patch, and they did cry about the same crap we are. This is the worst game I have ever seen balanced for pvp, hands down. 

Considering this games main focus is PVP, lets be real about things since there is zero endgame right now. You guys really need to take a look at this crap or you need to hurry and release the lv 50 update or even do both. 

PvP is cancer. The only reason I do it now is to get the stupid boxes, the silver and that is it. 

PvP should be fun, it currently isn't unless you are a brain-dead destroyer that presses 2 buttons too win going "LOLIMSOGUDLOL!GETREKTSCRUBSLOL!". 

This isn't a learning curve issues, this is straight mechanics that are bad issue.  

My advice, as always, would be to find a guild or friends that like pvping and you can agree upon certain rules (not doing whatever you feel is toxic). Most of the time this is much more enjoyable and less stressful than random opponents.

well while i feel your pain, destroyers are not that op as you say. For now 3 classes that require no skill to play are plaguing PvP. Sins with their unlimited and w/o cd stuns (seriously 4-5 second stun???) and uncounterable attacks, add their range (yet they use daggers). Summoner (2vs1 WTF?) with insane heals, high damage. And also dont forget blade dancers with their bugged spin, 2 sec stun w/o cd. After 1800+ there are no other classes except the ones i mentioned. 

Biggest problem is that stats are equalized. Now summoner or FM have same defense as destroyer tho damage multipliers give them bigger damage. PvP for now is for fun, with this balance is not even worth to consider it as balanced.

Well, I've said it before but, if you're playing an mmo for the pvp, you're doing it wrong. Mmo's have never gotten pvp right and possibly never will. The only way to win pvp in an mmo is to NOT take it seriously, and be okay with whatever the outcome of the match may be.

1 minute ago, Moggie said:

Well, I've said it before but, if you're playing an mmo for the pvp, you're doing it wrong. Mmo's have never gotten pvp right and possibly never will. The only way to win pvp in an mmo is to NOT take it seriously, and be okay with whatever the outcome of the match may be.

The problem with that is that this game is geared towards it.

6 minutes ago, MantaZ said:

well while i feel your pain, destroyers are not that op as you say. For now 3 classes that require no skill to play are plaguing PvP. Sins with their unlimited and w/o cd stuns (seriously 4-5 second stun???) and uncounterable attacks, add their range (yet they use daggers). Summoner (2vs1 WTF?) with insane heals, high damage. And also dont forget blade dancers with their bugged spin, 2 sec stun w/o cd. After 1800+ there are no other classes except the ones i mentioned. 

Biggest problem is that stats are equalized. Now summoner or FM have same defense as destroyer tho damage multipliers give them bigger damage. PvP for now is for fun, with this balance is not even worth to consider it as balanced.

In what way are the dancer's spins bugged lol? Always been like that and in KR it's still the same, no one there complains.

You simply need to learn how to play against them o.o

@WhiteCrow

why did you put lol at the end of sentence? Do you know what that even means? If you dont know how its bugged then why 'lol'? Really people...

Ive just watched some video of PvP tournament that was embed in some other thread and no, i can definitely say, that it differs actually.

Anyway, you just repeated what i said just in another way. You have to know BD skills and and be good with your class to beat first timer newbie. 

Like in other thread about PvP one guy said, its not that certain classes are unbalanced. There is a way and you can beat them. ITs just that these 3 classes are easy to play and for none to low risks gain huge benefits. 

3 minutes ago, MantaZ said:

@WhiteCrow

why did you put lol at the end of sentence? Do you know what that even means? If you dont know how its bugged then why 'lol'? Really people...

Ive just watched some video of PvP tournament that was embed in some other thread and no, i can definitely say, that it differs actually.

Anyway, you just repeated what i said just in another way. You have to know BD skills and and be good with your class to beat first timer newbie. 

Like in other thread about PvP one guy said, its not that certain classes are unbalanced. There is a way and you can beat them. ITs just that these 3 classes are easy to play and for none to low risks gain huge benefits. 

Because if's funny to me, how people tend to complain when they can't win. Nothing is wrong when you're on the winning side.

The moment you lose, everything is bugged, broken, unbalanced.

Learn to play or stop complaining.

2 minutes ago, Erratic said:

Have you gone on Youtube to watch and learn? I haven't played FM yet, but I've heard they're great in PVP. They're one of the most played classes for that reason.

they're good (one of the best) in future patches, on our current patch they're in a problematic position. 

1 hour ago, Militiaman said:

This is the worst game I have ever seen balanced for pvp, hands down. 

Heh. I can tell you haven't played many MMOs then...

There are some out there, like EQ1, EQ2, and FFXIV, where the devs just threw their hands up and said "This isn't a PVP game!" and didn't bother balancing anymore.

59 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

In what way are the dancer's spins bugged lol? Always been like that and in KR it's still the same, no one there complains.

You simply need to learn how to play against them o.o

hmm if you say that im complaining here then...why pointing obvious things are called now complaining?

Anyway, saying that one broken skill is everything... there is no point to argue. I did not came here to start a flame war or write rage posts.

P.S. its really funny with these 'get gud' or 'learn to play' comments. Its like everyone is so good at their classes and knows ins and outs of every class. Makes me giggle :)

But if your excuse for how toxic pvp is in this game is because "Korean Esports", this game is going to die rather quickly in the US. 

I have done around 100 matches and pretty much the only decent fight I get where it actually feels like it is a battle of skill is with another forcemaster.

BM/LBM: If it doesn't get resisted, because for some reason the magic defense in arena is so freaking high that 90% of every spell cast is resisted... It is countered. Also, I get stunned every time for 2 seconds. Then knocked into the air, which can't be countered for another 6-8 seconds. 

KFM: Counter spam, you get stunned. They basically do the same thing above, except now they ground pound you. Also, that can't be broken. Also, they heal for 30% of their health. Yeah, because reasons.

Summoner: Yeah, self explanatory.  Though, honestly I honestly feel like this is a skill match up against FM. Since I just force grip the cat and sleep it. But they are still pretty stupid but pretty much every pet class in any game is (warlock in wow, spiritmaster in aion, etc, etc.) 

Assassin: Don't know how to feel about this, they are slightly less oppressive than BM/KFM since you can actually bait out their counter and it is down for a few seconds which gives you time to do things and stuff. 

Destoryer: LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I have played a lot of games and played a lot of pvp, I have never seen a bigger example of a true 2 button class. I literally see them spin2win every fight. Everytime.

You could say "Blah blah blah Koreans, get gewd". Korea is not on the same patch, and they did cry about the same crap we are. This is the worst game I have ever seen balanced for pvp, hands down. 

Considering this games main focus is PVP, lets be real about things since there is zero endgame right now. You guys really need to take a look at this crap or you need to hurry and release the lv 50 update or even do both. 

PvP is cancer. The only reason I do it now is to get the stupid boxes, the silver and that is it. 

PvP should be fun, it currently isn't unless you are a brain-dead destroyer that presses 2 buttons too win going "LOLIMSOGUDLOL!GETREKTSCRUBSLOL!". 

This isn't a learning curve issues, this is straight mechanics that are bad issue.  

you're not sorry at all :(

*See's every class but one whined about being op

Here have my template response, fill in the blanks by youself so that you can feel good.

Ah, you must be a ________________ TC, naturally it is definitely the weakest of the classes which only truly skilled players can win with as every other class is a broken mess that you can win with by letting your cat walk across the keyboard.

I am sure many players of other classes must also whine about the _______________ that you play as well but they just don't know how to beat it, obviously the tricks that the _____________ use against you are unbeatable even with match-up experience and practice, your skills are obviously not what is at fault here.

I hope you understand that the above message is completely sincere and tailored exclusively to you and is certainly not going to be used for anyone else who uses any other classes as naturally they are all broken as otherwise how else could you lose anything but your mirror match?

I think somebody's just bad at PvP.

KFM has two attacks that can knock you down leading into a grapple, (three if you count the aerial combo) which are pretty easily avoided and have a fairly decent cooldown. It's your own fault if you get caught by one. As a forcemaster, your roots and ability to keep a distance is great against KFM's as we only have one escape and two attacks that can close distance.

Again, this can be beat. Stay out of range, if you're a KFM you can actually use your launching attack while they're mid-swing and lead into your aerial combo.

The game just came out, nobody knows how to fight other classes yet. Don't assume PvP is broken because you're bad at it. Until only recently FM's absolutely destroyed me, it took a while to figure out how to deal with them.

1 minute ago, MantaZ said:

hmm if you say that im complaining here then...why pointing obvious things are called now complaining?

Anyway, saying that one broken skill is everything... there is no point to argue. I did not came here to start a flame war or write rage posts.

P.S. its really funny with these 'get gud' or 'learn to play' comments. Its like everyone is so good at their classes and knows ins and outs of every class. Makes me giggle :)

I never one said I'm good at pvp lol, but you don't see me complaining and that's not the point, if you can't take a loss don't play pvp.

All you're doing is complaining about something that isn't a major issue. Want an easy class, play one.

The classes that are hard are more rewarding later.

25 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

I never one said I'm good at pvp lol, but you don't see me complaining and that's not the point, if you can't take a loss don't play pvp.

All you're doing is complaining about something that isn't a major issue. Want an easy class, play one.

The classes that are hard are more rewarding later.

well you said, i quote 'learn to play <..>' so you were implying that your a good PvP player. I mean averages dont teach people.

Anyway, as i see you missed my point. I dont want to play an easy class, i want a game with balanced classes. Its pretty much impossible to have, but oh well, i still want it :D

But what was intriguing me, its how these hard to play classes are more rewarding later? GIve me an example please. Afaik one of hardest classes are actually quite unrewarding at high skill level. But please, give me an example with real arguments.

Just now, MantaZ said:

well you said, i quote 'learn to play <..>' so you were implying that your good PvP player. I mean averages dont teach people.

Anyway, as i see you missed my point. I dont want to play an easy class, i want a game with balanced classes. Its pretty much impossible to have, but oh well, i still want it :D

But what was intriguing me, its how these hard to play classes are more rewarding later? GIve me an example please. Afaik one of hardest classes are actually quite unrewarding at high skill level. But please, give me an example with real arguments.

Just go watch Jaesung play, I really don't want to start arguing with you about stuff I really don't care much about.

If you think the game is not balanced no one is forcing you to pvp, I've beaten every class at least once as a blade dancer and I've been beat plenty of times.

If you don't know how to counter their 'bugged' spin then you DO need to learn, I never implied that I'm a good PvP played, but I'm going to assume you're below average for complaining about such silly things. Summoners and sins can stealth forever, destroyers can spin, bd's can spin, just learn to counter each class as best you can.

Any class can beat any other in this game. If you don't believe that to be the case then that is your opinion and you shouldn't complain about something that is not broken.

Archived