Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

I like the auction system and how it pays out the group members.. However NCsoft needs to remove the option to up the bid so high so quickly.

What I would do is give the bidder Three choices.. "Bid Min" would make the player bid  1c more than current bid. "Bid Max" would make the player bid 50c more than the current bid, and Pass..

The players still choose how to much to bid,, but they can not raise the amount by a whole Silver/Gold in one button bid.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FrostyOblivion said:

Again, how?? I'm always party leader, it isn't in the options tab above the party members. I've tried every option in there, nothing works.

I'm not 100% sure. When servers come back up I'll ask my friend that I'm leveling with. We're partied 100% of the time when we're in game and I've never had to bid against him for blue drops and stuff. Always just been RNG.

I think it wouldn't be so bad if the price of every item in a dungeons wasn't 1 copper. It is kinda lame to tease about when everyone passes, they all get 1 copper. It is not promoting generosity in that sense. Some people like questing, some people like dungeons, and some people like pvp. There should be opportunities to make all your money in any or all of the 3 ways. Making money is the worst part about the game, however, aside from this, the game seems pretty spot on.

24 minutes ago, FrostyOblivion said:

My opinion is this:

Keep the bid system, as in pugs it simply means more $$$$$$$$. In premade groups however, give us the option to simply roll need/greed so that I don't have to bid against my real life friends. Who the *cricket* wants to get into a bidding war over pennies with their best friend? It's time consuming and inherently breeds resentment over the course of many loses.

have you checked the party setting option? XD

3 minutes ago, Wingard13 said:

I think it wouldn't be so bad if the price of every item in a dungeons wasn't 1 copper. It is kinda lame to tease about when everyone passes, they all get 1 copper. It is not promoting generosity in that sense. Some people like questing, some people like dungeons, and some people like pvp. There should be opportunities to make all your money in any or all of the 3 ways. Making money is the worst part about the game, however, aside from this, the game seems pretty spot on.

When I am the party leader, I set the minimum bid on anything in the dungeon to 10c. That way everyone (but the winner) gets at least 2c for the item.

3 minutes ago, FrostyOblivion said:

I have, there isn't an option there to set it to roll need/greed. At least not one I've found. The settings there are are not very straightforward though, I may be overlooking it. Nothing I've tried works.

There is a setting at the end that lets you set the grade that auctions happen at.. I can't remember offhand what those grades are, but I think It is Superior(Blue.. maybe?) or Heroic(Purple I think) So if you set it at Heroic, the person who loots the bag gets the item in the bag unless it is Purple, then its an auction.

3 minutes ago, Zira said:

There is a setting at the end that lets you set the grade that auctions happen at.. I can't remember offhand what those grades are, but I think It is Superior(Blue.. maybe?) or Heroic(Purple I think) So if you set it at Heroic, the person who loots the bag gets the item in the bag unless it is Purple, then its an auction.

That defeats the purpose then. I want to be able to roll on Blues/Green, not just Purples. If you just Round Robin all the loot then only the person who loots the boss gets anything.

For what it's worth, I like the bid system. My alt character that I play whenever my friend isnt online to play our mains is much richer than my main because of it.  I'm really having a hard time understanding why people wouldnt like it unless they didnt understand it. If an item drops that you want, bid on it. If the price goes higher than what YOU think it's worth, stop bidding. If someone trolololols with a stupid high bid, don't bid. I think maybe people don't understand that the money the winner spends on the item GETS DISTRIBUTED TO THE REST OF THE GROUP. It isn't some sort of money sink to take currency out of the game, it redistributes wealth.

Say an item is worth 10g on the AH. It drops in the dungeon, and no one in the group has more than 5g.

Player 1 has 5g, bids it, wins item

player 2 has 3g, bid on item but lost

player 3 has 2g, bid on item but lost

After the item is bid on and won:

player 1 has 5g (What they had, minus what they spent, plus the market value of the item)

player 2 has 5.5g (what they had, plus what was paid to them by player 1 for the item)

player 3 has 4.5g (what they had, plus their part of what was paid to them by player 1)

In this situation, everyone got something! You might not have got as much as you potentially could have, but everyone leaves better off than they were before going in.

Now lets look at it from an RNG stand point under the same conditions.

Player 1 has 5g and the blessing of RNGeesus, wins item

Player 2 has 3g but is a filthy heretic and RNGeesus hates him

Player 3 has 2g but forgot to make his weekly D20 sacrifice to RNGeesus

Player 1 now has 15g (what they had, plus market value of item)

Player 2 has 3g and a slight facial twitch from getting nothing on his 20th run of this dungeon

Player 3 has 2g a sore foot and a guilty conscious because he kicked his dog in a fit of rage.

In this situation one person comes out ahead, and everyone else loses. The potential for profit is much higher but you lose the guarantee of getting at least something for your efforts.

"But Jiynks!" I hear you whine through your nasally caverns of despair, "I dont want to sell the item! I want to wear it and now some greedy jerkwad has my phat lewtz!"

A brilliant observation! But if you'll notice in example 1, after the loot and money are distributed player 2 actually has MORE purchasing power than player 1 did. That's because no matter what happens, the winner is making a sacrifice while the 'losers' in the bid system are gaining more. So the more items you win, the more you lose the ability to win the next item. The more items you lose on, the more you gain the ability to guarantee yourself winning that next item. It's exactly like the DKP system WoW raiders and other mmo gamers have used for years, specifically because RNG is HORRIBLE.

Personally I would rather run a dungeon 50 times knowing that each time I'm getting a little closer to guaranteeing the item win, than to run it 50 times just to see the item drop and lose it to YoloSwaggins420 because he got blessed by RNGeesus on his first run and I am STILL nowhere closer to avoiding another 50 runs.

latest?cb=20080210075255

Well having options is nice. I haven't checked if the loot system can be changed.

It would be good to have players of a certain class be able to roll on those class-specific items while the others have no chance to do that (cause the rest just troll you sometimes cause they know you'll want it). If an equip drops but no player of that class is in the party, that's when people can bid on it. 

The bid system is good for players to earn money if they don't get the item they wanted. If you don't think they're worth that much, then don't bit above the price you think it's worth.

I hate the bidding system. It makes no sense, like at all. I'm still in the low levels, yesterday I ran tomb of the exiled and the boss dropped the burning flames costume. I got happy for a moment knowing its a rare loot but that happiness was washed away really fast when someone bid 1g from the start. I don't have 1 gold, i barely got 60 silver from crafting and questing, why do I have to pay to get something I participated to obtain in the first place? Why do I have to get to the end game to make enough money to get loot from low level dungeons? Why do I have to pay for that loot fod gear that I need to upgrade the one I use? This is by far the most stupid looting system I've seen in my 10years of mmo's.

System is fine. Stop bidding brainlessly. You have 9 seconds ( i think) between each bid to hit up wikipedia at "numbers" and see where is the roll at so you can decide if you want the item or not for a higher amount. You also can't get trolled like this because there is a small time window where you cannot place a new bid to eliminate this issue, giving you time to react. All of you who cry in this thread to remove the system just straight up spams Y to bid higher on a few copper or few silver item then you get mad when some1 bids a gold to teach you about the game. Nothing needs to change - stop spamming bid. The system promotes active and good players since you are bidding your own currency instead of a lame /roll. This is not a casual game, learn it.

No thanks. I love the bid system.

The whole notion of "if I really want it, I'll put my money on it" works just as our real life capitalism does. The fact that the pot was shared among members at the end is just an extra icing to the cake.

1 hour ago, Onene said:

I hate the bidding system. It makes no sense, like at all. I'm still in the low levels, yesterday I ran tomb of the exiled and the boss dropped the burning flames costume. I got happy for a moment knowing its a rare loot but that happiness was washed away really fast when someone bid 1g from the start. I don't have 1 gold, i barely got 60 silver from crafting and questing, why do I have to pay to get something I participated to obtain in the first place? Why do I have to get to the end game to make enough money to get loot from low level dungeons? Why do I have to pay for that loot fod gear that I need to upgrade the one I use? This is by far the most stupid looting system I've seen in my 10years of mmo's.

Because when you're 45 and farming low level dungeons for the costume, you don't want to get outrolled by a newbie who just run it for the first time. Bid system is awesome.

I SAY LET THE PEOPLE BID! Since they go into them high silver and even gold sometimes we get the money from it anyways. The bidding money is split between everyone in the party C: SO yeah let them bid free monies!

Honestly I'm up in the air. Bid system isn't bad. It certainly puts more control in the hands of those "willing" to drop in money, but the payoff is distribution of something to the rest that don't win. Need system gives everyone equal chance, but in reality, that means that 1/5 will get it, and the others get nada. 

the part that really irritates me is the delay. thats about it. I personally am more irritated with the trash drops that are "first come (that don't lag) first serve" They could have at least made those round robin. no interruption, and everyone gets equal chance and will usually end up with a few items. 

But the bid system isn't bad. It's not perfect, but neither is Need/greed. I'm OK with what we got.

21 minutes ago, Onene said:

But I want to play a game called blade & soul, not economy simulator 2012. Also if you need to be 45 to get low lvl dungeons loot then doesn't that scream out loud "thats just wrong" ?

well, to be honest I've had plenty of runs where i got stuff by spending less then a silver. multiple items. I have had doozies before, but even if you have a gold spamming perp in your run, at least in the low level dungeons, you can get everything you need from the daily quest rewards. i have yet to need anything from the drops in a dungeon run that I couldn't get elsewhere. It may take a few more runs, but you can get them. Or if you want to not be stingy and put some money into the game, you can grab a half dozen blue keys and never have to run a leveling dungeon more then once. 

Once i figured out all of that, the Bid system really didn't bug me. I can't say what it's like at level cap, but from people who are bringing it up here, it doesn't sound much worse.

On 1/22/2016 at 10:18 AM, Rekun said:

A money bidding system hurts the games economy more than it does the players. Money is already hard to come by in this game and it's made even harder by all of the paywalls set in place by NCsoft in an attempt to get people to pay for their game. Keys, seals, costumes, mail, and fast travel to name a few points.

The reason this is bad is because it promotes the purchase of gold to keep up with in game demand for simple services like bidding on a piece of loot in a dungeon. I don't feel like it's necessary to list the various reasons on how this is bad so I'll just give you all the short end of it and say that in order to keep a steady income people will purchase gold and this extra gold will flow into your pockets where it will devalue your gold and raise the average prices of high end loot found in dungeons by ludicrous increments until eventually you'll reach a point where things are costing millions to bid on.

Gold will become worthless and newbies starting out will be at a vast disadvantage to everyone else who has been playing longer and so eventually you'll reach a point where there are no new faces because the barrier of entry is so high that it'd take too much time and investment for any new players to catch up to veterans.

It all works fine now but that's because this is a new game. The current free to play model that Blade and Soul is using is not a long term solution to a very big problem that many free online games suffer from. NC soft wants your money, that's no lie. You're encouraging the eventual fall of a game that has a lot of promise by defending and encouraging their actions with your money.

I can see this game becoming another Gaia Online.

Look out guys. We got an armchair economist over here.

All I need to say is when you bid on a weapon and you are the only class in the party bidding for it, some *cricket* bids against you that is wrong!! We need a fix on the bidding system ASAP so this can not happen again to someone else. As a rule I will not bid on a purple weapon that does not correspond to my class. Aside from that the bidding system is soo much better compared to a roll, trust me it is.

the bidding system is good lol i rather not have some noob get lucky and get an item worth something without hardly contributing at all lol i for one would be furious  if someone kept dying in a dungeon hardly contrubuted and they get a item worth like 100g + or something just by a lucky rng roll. Anyway besides the point you're suppose to really join a guild/clan in this game and do dailies together as a group same with crafting you need to do it as a group so you can help supply guildies n etc

You westerners always have to complain about the most stupid shit. Guess what though, people from the east has had this game for years and they've dealt with it. So I would advise you to quit crying and asking for so many changes just because you do not like a specific feature. Such a freaking spoiled child. 

The only problem i see with this is dungeons run take more time than it should be, because of some players bidding over something.. They should make a limit can person bid over something .. Like 5x is enough, you can also see who's the real interested on the item in this way..

Archived