Remove the bid system.

Militiaman

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Militiaman said:

I have run into a number of people that wait for 2 people to fight over and item then drop a gold on it and someone ends up paying a gold+ for something that was going for a few silver.

that will not last.

In the long run they are going to be wasting their money and strengthening their competition.

erm any and every rng system has its weaknesses and can be exploited somehow or other this one enables you- and more to the point requires you to apply your good sense to consider when its a bad deal and know when to let them take the hit financially = whats more that money is then gets split between the rest of the group automatically so its actually one of the better systems i have seen - it requires you to pay attention and think for yourselves - not a bad or even hard thing just calm down and consider if you think its going too high if you think it is back out of the bid let them hold the financial bag

If I remember right you can change loot distribution methods? + with bidding everyone gets something, while with rolling only one person gets something. I like the idea of being able to walk away from a dungeon with something even if I didn't win any loot. At least I got more gold! 

Dice roll - go to a dungeon, maybe get something, maybe just waste time and go home empty handed.
Bid system - too poor to bid for your item? Here's some money taken out from other peoples wallet so next time you would have more chance + you will go home with something taken out of this dungeon. This system was and still is for ages at other servers and everyone is fine with it. I see no reason to remove it.

4 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Dice roll - go to a dungeon, maybe get something, maybe just waste time and go home empty handed.
Bid system - too poor to bid for your item? Here's some money taken out from other peoples wallet so next time you would have more chance + you will go home with something taken out of this dungeon. This system was and still is for ages at other servers and everyone is fine with it. I see no reason to remove it.

Dice roll - everyone has an equal chance to win something. 

Bid system - Person with deepest pockets wins everything. 

Naw, clearly balanced. 

Like other people have said you can always create your own party and change the loot system. I for one would love to have the biddin system in other mmos too. I think its a great way to redistribute money between the players.

3 minutes ago, Militiaman said:

Naw, clearly balanced. 

Yeap. Want deep pocket? Go and farm some money. You work for it - you get something. Heck you can make fortune just from other people bids at lvl 45 dungeons lol. Just pass on expensive materials and look how money flows to your pocket. 
And about dice roll at bns... There are tons and tons and tons of topics complaining about how much RNG this game has and yet, you people want even more RNG... This makes no sense xD

Also, go and do guild dungeon runs and talk to each other who wants want and just leave certain items for that person. Problem? Solved

1 minute ago, Spyroxion said:

Yeap. Want deep pocket? Go and farm some money. You work for it - you get something. Heck you can make fortune just from other people bids at lvl 45 dungeons lol. Just pass on expensive materials and look how money flows to your pocket. 
And about dice roll at bns... There are tons and tons and tons of topics complaining about how much RNG this game has and yet, you people want even more RNG... This makes no sense xD

Or I could just buy gold. 

The bid system encourages buying gold lol.

Just now, Militiaman said:

Or I could just buy gold. 

The bid system encourages buying gold lol.

Oh please this system doesn't encourage buying cold more than other systems. (Auction House/Marketplace for example) At least with the bidding system you'll gain money in the process if you don't get an item. So no matter what you'll gain a profit.

Pay attention instead of smashing y without thought. If you bid too high, walk through the area transition or exit dungeon, cancels bid. 

Eventually you'll be the one with big pockets. As a person starting up I loved seeing 50 hm 10 in my parties. I could make some money while farming the daily or dungeon. And in the end eventually got what I wanted. 

RNG is a bs system and only lucky mofos or those addicted to gambling love it. This system is fair and for the first time I don't get angry when someone wins. 

You can ask for whatever you want, I'm just here to let ncsoft know that I like the bid system and am against getting rid of it. 

Farm with friends and guildies if you want to help each other get a certain something like a recipe or outfit with minimal runs. 

1 minute ago, DeaHamlet said:

Pay attention instead of smashing y without thought. If you bid too high, walk through the area transition or exit dungeon, cancels bid. 

Eventually you'll be the one with big pockets. As a person starting up I loved seeing 50 hm 10 in my parties. I could make some money while farming the daily or dungeon. And in the end eventually got what I wanted. 

RNG is a bs system and only lucky mofos or those addicted to gambling love it. This system is fair and for the first time I don't get angry when someone wins. 

You can ask for whatever you want, I'm just here to let ncsoft know that I like the bid system and am against getting rid of it. 

Farm with friends and guildies if you want to help each other get a certain something like a recipe or outfit with minimal runs. 

Amen. It's all about knowing when to stop and watch how fools makes huge bids on items that can be bought cheaper at auction house, but oh well, free money is what I love <3

4 minutes ago, Mokiki said:

Oh please this system doesn't encourage buying cold more than other systems. (Auction House/Marketplace for example) At least with the bidding system you'll gain money in the process if you don't get an item. So no matter what you'll gain a profit.

Except you don't get costumes or mats from the AH right? 

You get them from dungeons. 

Also, the AH isn't really the same thing. 

i agree this bidding system is ridiculous should be diced

or the drop should only be eligible for bidding that their class requires if no one on the party has that class everyone calls bid for it. This should be fair and square and i vote for the dice roll but should be class restricted unless the person on the party doesnt need it .

The bid system is fine. You just need to be careful and not spam the Bid button.

If someone bids on your item, let them waste money on it, next time they'll think twice. Besides, weapons are pretty easy to farm. It's the upgrade materials that people have problems with.

Just now, Kore said:

i agree this bidding system is ridiculous should be diced

or the drop should only be eligible for bidding that their class requires if no one on the party has that class everyone calls bid for it. This should be fair and square and i vote for the dice roll but should be class restricted unless the person on the party doesnt need it .

Yeah and what about accessories? Everyone needs them and needs a lot. 
All I see in this topic; WE NEED MORE RNG! RNG! RNG! RNG! *then runs to other topic about opening chests with keys: why this game is so RNG based QQ*.

Seriously people you don't even read what we say... Go find a clan, tons of clans are recruiting now. For certain item - go with party from clan. For money go with randoms, pass on all bids and just enjoy the cash

24 minutes ago, Militiaman said:

Naw, clearly balanced. 

Dice roll- Random rng determines who wins, and gets the item, or gets an item to sell for profit. (So 1 person wins no matter what)

Bid System- Bidding determines who win, bidder loses money, gains the item. Losers gain money. (All in party win in 1 form or another.)

Yes clearly balanced.

Archived