Outfit Salvaging?

Ghrim

6 hours ago, LilMsQT said:

Okay, wait....you have to buy store outfits...the cheapest is 800 Ncoin, that's $10 and you need 20 fabrics= $200 and 10 soul stones and 5g50s to cast/transmute...for a CHANCE at four possible outfits?

Don't forget there is a chance to fail transmuting!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, LilMsQT said:

Okay, wait....you have to buy store outfits...the cheapest is 800 Ncoin, that's $10 and you need 20 fabrics= $200 and 10 soul stones and 5g50s to cast/transmute...for a CHANCE at four possible outfits?

That's right. I tried it last night to see how it would go. Never. again. :p

xaozli.jpg

2 hours ago, Sorcerer21b said:

As of the last live stream. There are currently no plans to change this. The only salvageable outfits will remain as the cash shop ones. No reason given. So main reason, if they allow it, they lose money on costume sales.

Wow, unbelievable. Though I'm sure someone will come along and defend this with the tired line of, "if they don't do this blatantly-obvious cash grab to make money, they'll have to make the game p2w!".

As others have said, simply make shop outfits give significantly more Fabric and there will be plenty of people who still spend money in the store just for the instant gratification and convenience. But having no avenue to use this feature short of paying actual money doesn't sit well with me.

4 minutes ago, EvaRench said:

well , it's not only shop outfit can drop fabric

it's purple or up outfits , that mean you can farm those purple dungeons for those fabric

3 hours ago, Zaccea said:

Don't forget there is a chance to fail transmuting!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^^^^
need we say more?

3 hours ago, Sorcerer21b said:

As of the last live stream. There are currently no plans to change this. The only salvageable outfits will remain as the cash shop ones. No reason given. So main reason, if they allow it, they lose money on costume sales.

I'm glad I'm the one who asked the question on the livestream. I honestly do hope they implement it in the feature if enough of us ask for it. Have buyable costumes drop 10x more fabrics and maybe just have in game ones drop 2? If they want to keep the current way it should definitely give you out a costume for the fabrics taken in transmuting. They were originally supposed to be this way in the original version of the game and I understand that bots are farming it but it is upsetting your customers more than the bots, in fact, more people are likely to buy costumes if they have a definite chance at getting 1/4 outfits... or a lot more fabrics than free players.

1 minute ago, Kitah said:

I'm glad I'm the one who asked the question on the livestream. I honestly do hope they implement it in the feature if enough of us ask for it. Have buyable costumes drop 10x more fabrics and maybe just have in game ones drop 2? If they want to keep the current way it should definitely give you out a costume for the fabrics taken in transmuting. They were originally supposed to be this way in the original version of the game and I understand that bots are farming it but it is upsetting your customers more than the bots, in fact, more people are likely to buy costumes if they have a definite chance at getting 1/4 outfits... or a lot more fabrics than free players.

My question didn't get ask on the live stream. "Any plans to help crafting out by removing the idiotic reliance all crafting has on merry potters?"

4 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

My question didn't get ask on the live stream. "Any plans to help crafting out by removing the idiotic reliance all crafting has on merry potters?"

They mentioned about crafting in the stream a little on why only specific crafts are worth having. They are looking to expand it and make the crafting system better for their crafters.

I actually hope they go back to the old style of what they planned in the original 2009 trailers where you actually had to do things to get your craft rather than just click a button and wait. (Such as Fishers actually fish)

9 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

^^^^
need we say more?

there are more than one recipe need fabric , 

clan recipes need alot

guild recipes need 20 fabric each

i suggest you save them instead of wasting those fabric on transmuting which have more than 50% chance getting the ugly Red Dwarf

from someone whom got 3 red dwarf outfits

49 minutes ago, Kitah said:

They mentioned about crafting in the stream a little on why only specific crafts are worth having. They are looking to expand it and make the crafting system better for their crafters.

I actually hope they go back to the old style of what they planned in the original 2009 trailers where you actually had to do things to get your craft rather than just click a button and wait. (Such as Fishers actually fish)

Put fishing in the game.. and I'd probably never get anything done. In WoW.. it was my downfall. "Lets go get this hard achievement from that raid over there." "Sorry, no can do. I'm in the middle of trying to fish up some of these achievements that I've been working on for 3 years."

I wouldn't get much anything else done. But at least I'd be able to just enjoy fishing. As far as what we have now, I use the terms "crafting and gathering" loosely for them. They're nothing more than an item shop with a delivery timer. "Hello, I'd like to order a pizza." "Sir, your pizza will arrive in exactly 12 hours." It definitely took a special kind of person to come up with this.

Now add in transmog for gems. Well good job you totally just made Radiant Ring completely useless.

Also note with the costume transmog.  From what I've been told, as I haven't bothered with it. Not only does it have a probability of failing. It also has the probability of consuming the mats on said fail as well.

They also said there were some changes to crafting coming with the level 50 patch. Unless its happens to be a complete overhaul of the current system, I wouldn't expect much out of it.

So for the costume transmog. What I'd like to see is for salvaging. Make the cash shop costumes give a minimum of 5 cloth. Purple dungeon outfits minimum 3 cloth, Regular outfits 1 cloth. Make the cloth itself untradeable. Making this situation, two birds, one stone.

As for crafting, I'd like to see Forgekeepers, Radiant Ring, and Silver Cauldron have no need of Merry Potters at all. These should be your stand alone crafts.

Acquired Taste, still need the bowls from Merry Potters, just with a reduced number needed.

Earthseer's, still need refiners for Unsealing Charms, no other recipe should need anything from Merry Potters.

Soulwardens, still need refiners for Transformation stones.

With the Silverfrost patch, they hinted at the possibility that Transformation Stones of that level would be able to be gotten without crafting. Granted between the voice and the facial features of the speaker, it was apparent that this was still a toss up. Kind of like the final decision had not  been made yet.

For the gathering professions. This is quite easy to fix. Every gathering has 2 things they can gather. Just change it to where you can have 1 of each of those gather running at the same time. i.e. Trappers can gather 1 meat and 1 bone at the same time.

On 1/20/2016 at 3:56 AM, Ghrim said:

How do we get the outfits from the Transmute Pouches? It says I need to salvage outfits in order to get Fabrics to make these pouches except every single outfit that I've found is unable to be salvaged... do we have to buy the outfits from the Cash Shop? I don't really want to have to spend a bunch of money for only a CHANCE to get the outfit I want...

Sadly you now have to buy cash shop outfits.  To me this is just ridiculous, because you can go through hundreds of dollars easily buying outfits to salvage with a very low rate of actually getting any fabric.  

Yea, sorry if I am spending 200 bucks - it's going to be for a dress I  can wear!

and with my luck I am sure I'd have a better chance flushing my money down the toilet and a my suga daddy poppen out then getting that outfit =/

This has been an issue brought up since beta.  The real issue I have with this system is that it doesn't give proper warning that you will lose all but one of your fabrics on a "success".  The way I read the tooltips it looked like the % chance was just between which costume you would get and not a % that it would completely fail.  It's made even worse by the fact that only cash shop purchased costumes can be used.

The system is legally questionable at best.  It borders on outright fraud or neglect on NCSoft's part for completely ignoring the concerns brought up by beta testers about this system before the game launched.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2016 at 4:28 AM, Sorcerer21b said:

The reason is clear. Money money mooooonnneeeey

Archived