Starting to get tired of the RNG...

Novastar

7 minutes ago, Novastar said:

RNG for costumes, RNG for upgrades, RNG for useful items, RNG for literally everything.

It's not even the end of headstart...and I'm already getting tired of how every *cricket*ing thing is RNG. It's tiresome.

Is this your first MMO or something?

2 minutes ago, Naunet said:

To be fair, the sheer volume of RNG-related things in this game is kind of miles above a lot of other MMOs. xD

Not really, it's just more obvious.  I rather get a guaranteed drop where I get more of them based on how well I participate in a fight that give me rolls on something than to simply get a flat % of the item dropping when the mob drops.  And haven't yet had to camp a rare mob for a drop.  While I'll admit I haven't gotten above lvl 25, as far as I'm aware there's also no risk of an item being destroyed when you try to upgrade it.

4 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Not really, it's just more obvious.  I rather get a guaranteed drop where I get more of them based on how well I participate in a fight that give me rolls on something than to simply get a flat % of the item dropping when the mob drops.  And haven't yet had to camp a rare mob for a drop.  While I'll admit I haven't gotten above lvl 25, as far as I'm aware there's also no risk of an item being destroyed when you try to upgrade it.

Yea everyone actually ignores that there's not much rng in upgrading weapons/gear. I think people will always complain regardless though. I've played games where trying to +3 and item (out of a max of +12-20 depending on the game) can break your weapon. Even +1 in some games failed rofl.

Ok, I know about the special key.  But you say "improve" not guarantee which the special key guarantees.  So does this mean that you can do something, like stand in a certain place and improve the RNG?

Never heard mention of this anywhere.  Sounds like a red herring.

You're tired of RNG? You must be tired of the real world. In real-life how often would you find a rare item (lets say $1000 US dollars) underneath a tree you've been spotting out for months? RNG occurs in your day-to-day life, so why wouldn't it be the logical approach to getting an item in game, unless you're willing to dish out the cash for it - on the spot.

4 hours ago, InfinityParadox said:

You're tired of RNG? You must be tired of the real world. In real-life how often would you find a rare item (lets say $1000 US dollars) underneath a tree you've been spotting out for months? RNG occurs in your day-to-day life, so why wouldn't it be the logical approach to getting an item in game, unless you're willing to dish out the cash for it - on the spot.

Good try, white knight, but this is A GAME and not the REAL WORLD. If the GAME pisses us off, guess what? We go spend our money on OTHER GAMES that respect our time.

1 hour ago, Spiderbot said:

Good try, white knight, but this is A GAME and not the REAL WORLD. If the GAME pisses us off, guess what? We go spend our money on OTHER GAMES that respect our time.

Is everything classified as a 'white knight'? I could flame you hard as heck, but I have the sense not to; that doesn't make me a 'white knight', it makes me a sensible human being. You can spend it on other games and that's great. Doesn't mean this game has to drop RnG to make things easier for you.

Archived