Make wardrobe free :/

Warmanreaper

Please make wardrobe free... I wanna be able to keep my costumes.. I bought the 25$ rank pack and it comes with no premium.. but the rank 2... I understand you need to activate it to recieve its perks but can you make it so if you have the rank for wardrobe that u get it without premium...

They probably won't.. but if I'm paying (buying) the outfits.. I better have some place to store what I've paid cash for. That would be the only catch in my mind- I pay money, I have a place to hold it in without penalty.

I agree with the OP. They're already gouging us like crazy for inventory space.

Ideally, they Premium Point Ranks would remain unlocked as you earned Points, regardless of your current subscription status. That's how it's worked for every other F2P mmo that I've played and it's plenty fair. As it is, having NCoin expenditures earn Premium Points feels a lot like NCSoft laughing in my face because they're utterly useless if you're not subscribed. 

Doing it this way would require folk to invest a little bit to access the Wardrobe (it's in Rank 1) but wouldn't completely lock you out of stuff if you unsubbed.

9 minutes ago, Naunet said:

I agree with the OP. They're already gouging us like crazy for inventory space.

Ideally, they Premium Point Ranks would remain unlocked as you earned Points, regardless of your current subscription status. That's how it's worked for every other F2P mmo that I've played and it's plenty fair. As it is, having NCoin expenditures earn Premium Points feels a lot like NCSoft laughing in my face because they're utterly useless if you're not subscribed. 

Doing it this way would require folk to invest a little bit to access the Wardrobe (it's in Rank 1) but wouldn't completely lock you out of stuff if you unsubbed.

Yes but I mean.. if you have the rank unlocked.. you should get the feature.. I have rank 2.. I should get wardrobe even if I' don't buy premium., I supported the game.. let me get my *cricket* features.

13 minutes ago, Warmanreaper said:

Yes but I mean.. if you have the rank unlocked.. you should get the feature.. I have rank 2.. I should get wardrobe even if I' don't buy premium., I supported the game.. let me get my *cricket* features.

Not your feature, its a premium feature. Pay for premium.

1 hour ago, Warmanreaper said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Every other F2P mmo that I've played treats these loyalty perks as unlocks. Premium Point ranks function otherwise identical (earned through paying for sub or through spending cash shop currency), except they're tied to remaining subscribed, which I think is a very poor decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to necro but i have to know, what happens to outfits that are in the wardrobe when premium expires?

A bit hard to believe it's tied to premium. I bought a pack that came with premium and didn't think twice about that being a feature of it. I just though it was really smart to give people a place to put outfits without taking up the already super restrictive inventory and bank space. I just thought that they wanted to sell more cosmetics so they handed out a place to store them, I thought that was smart idea on their end and that it was available to everyone, like buy/farm as many costumes as you want, you'll have somewhere to put it. Rather than have someone say, I would have bought / farmed that outfit, but I have nowhere to store it. It really doesn't make much sense to push cosmetics and have so many outfits in the game and then on top of that, super limit how many you can store.

Plus I know there's a ton of people farming outfits and there's like what, 122 atm or so. Can that amount even be stored in the inventory/bank? I'm just glad I didn't start farming them yet. I would've been sick to find out later that if I chose not renew premium that all that time would've been wasted having to throw out soooo many costumes. I would totally QQ tbh. Just glad I found out now so I can only go after the couple I like the best rather then try to collect them all.

4 minutes ago, Destinalia said:

Sorry to necro but i have to know, what happens to outfits that are in the wardrobe when premium expires?

A bit hard to believe it's tied to premium. I bought a pack that came with premium and didn't think twice about that being a feature of it. I just though it was really smart to give people a place to put outfits without taking up the already super restrictive inventory and bank space. I just thought that they wanted to sell more cosmetics so they handed out a place to store them, I thought that was smart idea on their end and that it was available to everyone, like buy/farm as many costumes as you want, you'll have somewhere to put it. Rather than have someone say, I would have bought / farmed that outfit, but I have nowhere to store it. It really doesn't make much sense to push cosmetics and have so many outfits in the game and then on top of that, super limit how many you can store.

Plus I know there's a ton of people farming outfits and there's like what, 122 atm or so. Can that amount even be stored in the inventory/bank? I'm just glad I didn't start farming them yet. I would've been sick to find out later that if I chose not renew premium that all that time would've been wasted having to throw out soooo many costumes. I would totally QQ tbh. Just glad I found out now so I can only go after the couple I like the best rather then try to collect them all.

The outfits reminds in the wardrobe even when your premium expires. You can take them out, you just can't put them back in.  

Just now, kyouke said:

The outfits reminds in the wardrobe even when your premium expires. You can take them out, you just can't put them back in.  

Ahh ok, ty. Still, I think they should make that a standard feature since there's so many outfits and so little space. I know I would want someone in the game farming them and maybe thinking about buying other stuff from the store or premium for other reasons, rather then not be in the game because they don't want to farm them since there's nowhere to store them. Since that seems to be a rather popular thing to do when you don't feel like pvp'ing and you've already done your dailies.

It just needs to be a purchasable account wide unlock for 20 or so dollars, its nice that premium gets it but costumes are a huge part of this game, and it would be a large income gain if they allowed folks to unlock it with a purchase, or add it to the ranks say at rank 3 you get the wardrobe encouraging people to buy things. 

2 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

It just needs to be a purchasable account wide unlock for 20 or so dollars, its nice that premium gets it but costumes are a huge part of this game, and it would be a large income gain if they allowed folks to unlock it with a purchase, or add it to the ranks say at rank 3 you get the wardrobe encouraging people to buy things. 

you DO know IF they make an unlock of this sort it would end up 60 to 80 dollars NOT 20.. an outfit for one character is 20

Ya, maybe an unlock, but affordable. Personally, if I was them I was just hand it out to keep the farmers farming and the community happy. But if orders came from top down to restrict it in some way, I would restrict it the opposite way, let them put them in but not take them out. Which is still pretty sleazy, but it would keep the farmers farming. It would still be like an achievement hunt, and maybe farming a 2nd of your favorite if you choose to stop your premium. Rather then like, no point farming those, I have no place to store them.

20 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

you DO know IF they make an unlock of this sort it would end up 60 to 80 dollars NOT 20.. an outfit for one character is 20

They have to price it at a point that players can afford it, 60 to 80? thats more then a full priced AAA game itself, lol you are a fool if you think they are going to set it that high. 30? maybe i dont see people paying more then 30-35 for a cosmetic closet... 

4 minutes ago, chinmi said:

you want it ? pay for it.

geez...  stop asking things for free and support the dev by buying premium !

Umm, they are talking about paying for it, or maybe restrict in the other direction unless you have premium. Did you just read the title, scroll down to the bottom and then rant without reading? xD

I am premium and understand your pain. Not everyone feels comfy paying for a game subscription so early. I didn't go premium for the wardrobe. I did it for money drops and discounts on glamouring weapons and such. Also the bonus XP on dailies.

The Wardrobe really is one of those things that makes you go "huh?" that it's locked. With the limited storage and such, it's clear there is some cash grab going on. Free to play games are always kind of bleh in that department sadly.

1 hour ago, chinmi said:

you want it ? pay for it.

geez...  stop asking things for free and support the dev by buying premium !

The thing is that if you are forced to pay for premium you're paying a sub.

And if you're paying a sub, then you have more competition. Because you sure can pay a sub here. But also you can go and pay a sub in WoW or FFXIV ARR. Or in any of the other F2P with Premium.

The microtransactions at least give you the sensation of being in control. "I can spend what I want when I want."

You can buy a gazillon of costumes and skins, but you're not forced to keep paying for it. You paid for it and it's done.

Having to pay Premium is just the old Sub model.

4 minutes ago, Mugi said:

buy premium :/

And don't forget to buy overpriced time limited costumes and overpriced inventory space for each of your characters (and don't forget to pay for the slot for each one of your alts!), and don't forget either to buy lots of RNG boxes!

dunno what game you're playing but all my costumes are permanent, not time limited, also, my inventory space is nearly maxed, and it all came with the founders pack.

another character i bought enough pouches to get sufficient space. it's not mandatory but a nice thing to have.

Also came with 7 character slots. :)

im not interested of rng boxes, they dont offer anything interesting.

Think about a clothing store and if you're a "premium member" they give you a big shopping cart to buy a lot of clothes. If you're not a premium member they give you a tiny shopping cart where can only fit a couple things. I get it, it's an incentive to get premium (which I have from the master pack), but at the same time they're shooting themselves in the foot because the non premium could still buy a bunch of clothes if you gave them the same size cart as the premium even if they're not. It just makes no sense to limit how much they can buy. Which is why when I thought everyone had the wardrobe, it was smart on their part because they can still sell a bunch of cosmetics, they still get support, even if the person doesn't want the premium.

Archived