Plz fix the Viridian quartz nodes

barabusa

5 hours ago, Talrune said:

Ah I was going to ask along these lines the same question ...as every well and node I go to I cannot harvest.....well then I can see these being camped then a lot.

If you see the node but you can't harvest it is because you aren't register to the stone guild.

Just now, Ekalla said:

If you see the node but you can't harvest it is because you aren't register to the stone guild.

Ok but I am for the potters guild and I cant touch springs either so whats that mean?? not one spring I have found yet I can use my virdian pot on.

I haven't been able to figure out the nodes on map also. a lot of mmo's have issues with resource nodes not displaying properly, being invisible, map icons showing up but actually resource not being there etc. i'm assuming it's just bugged right now, becuase i've gone around resource nodes like crazy all over map and i never see them at the node. If it's supposed to work where its' always  seen on minimap even if nodes been harvested then that seems pretty lame to me, it would be first mmo i played that worked like that, most games you would see nodes (usually with a skill) only if it's not been harvested yet... 

Here's how nodes work:

You'll see node (ore veins or wells) locations on your mini-map, regardless of whether the node is currently spawned or not.

Should it be spawned, you'll need a pick-axe (ore) or water jug (wells) in order to collect it. Pick-axes and jugs may be crafted (probably the best way to get them as if they are sold buy merchants, they'll annihilate your wallet until the economy stabilizes at cap.

You do not need to be part of a specific guild (gathering profession), all you need is a pick-axe/jug.

Gathering professions are all done through the crafting window/NPCs, you may not gather the special ores through them. Likewise, you will not see items gained through gathering professions dropped anywhere else in-game.

As someone mentioned above, ore node respawn times range from 30 mins for basic nodes to 3 hours for the large veins. Large veins will granted you more resources for a single pick-axe/jugs.

Small note: When approaching a node from a considerable distance, when the location that it's at is loaded you may see it momentarily but then see the collection animation and it disappear (e.g.: when the ore vein breaks down after you mine it). But when you get there, there's no one who just mined it. This is not a bug, it's just how thing game's render/loading works. So if you're running to a node and see it render, don't get too excited, it may crumble away in a second or two.

4 hours ago, Ekalla said:

No stop talking about stuff you don't understand. It doesn't work that way. If I go and mine the node, or empty the well in one copy of the zone, and you come along before its re spawned (take the well for example, it will be missing the part in the middle if its been used) you won't be able to use it.

The spawn time is ridiculous though when on every single channel I try in every area there is a meant to be a node, there is not one there.  People are pricing them at ridiculous prices on the marketboard.  I should have known Windrest was going to be full of greedy bastards, alas all I can do is keep trying.  

Seriously though, while i get how it works its insane if the respawn times are that long considering this is a  MMO.

They should have looked at WoW to see how its best done..

I would also love it if they only show spawned recources, not just all the time like it is now.

The respawn time of the quartz/ore nodes are ridiculous. I've been running around maps to maps  for 2 days now, switching channels to channels, I haven't seen a single nodes to pick. This really kills the purpose of crafting/profession. How are we gonna craft without available resources?

This situation going on now while the server is still only on HEAD START, could you imagine what would happen once the game officially launch, more and more free-to-play players coming in? Crafting/Profession and Gathering would be near non-existent.

22 hours ago, dragoaskani said:

No stop talking about stuff you don't understand. It doesn't work that way. If I go and mine the node, or empty the well in one copy of the zone, and you come along before its re spawned (take the well for example, it will be missing the part in the middle if its been used) you won't be able to use it.

They are not entirely wrong, the nodes for the stone cutter and prospecting guilds can look very similar to the normal nodes until you are use to them.

You can tell the guild nodes apart at first glance because they sparkle, sparkling nodes cannot be collected with a pick-axe, you need to be part of the gathering guilds for those.

Blade & Soul uses a very old system where it's just everyone for himself. It could use mechanics like Guild Wars 2 where people can get the same nodes and if you hit a mob you get the XP/progress the quest. Feels very old-school to me atm, and also very annoying. It could work in a real open-world, but since the game uses corridor-like maps just like Aion did it's quite difficult because no matter where you go there will always be someone around looking for ressources too.

I sent a feedback about this during the beta. 

I think things like this is a bit more tricky to fix. Since BnS is in version 2.XX while in Korea it is 3.XX So if the main devs in Korea say no to change something then it might not get changed here.

BUT this is of course me thinking out loud

16 minutes ago, WookieeMario said:

I sent a feedback about this during the beta. 

I think things like this is a bit more tricky to fix. Since BnS is in version 2.XX while in Korea it is 3.XX So if the main devs in Korea say no to change something then it might not get changed here.

BUT this is of course me thinking out loud

I think it could change, I mean if they want to succeed in the west market I suppose they know that the needs are differents.

Personnally I'm not too keen on fighting for 4 nodes in a map.

Just now, 7Trickster said:

I think it could change, I mean if they want to succeed in the west market I suppose they know that the needs are differents.

Personnally I'm not too keen on fighting for 4 nodes in a map.

I could, of course, ^^ But as of now we use the system and send feedback.

I also agree that this needs to be fixed. Either change the spawn times or add more nodes.

I'd also like for the nodes to not show up on my minimap unless they're available.
It sucks traveling to a node and then not have it be there.

I want report it too.

Sometimes i can see nodes, but there is no green star visible. It's not grindable?

That is strange, they should gone.

When i switch to other channel, i can see same node just vanished away.

Same for water wells. I can see green star above, but i got message it's already used by player. Why?????

To make confusion away:

- don't show ores unless it's grindable. Move them away. Let green star show to make it clear.

- don't show green star if it's grindable, BUT it's not possible to grind it (in use by player). That is plain stupid.

Green star above means always it's open and grindable. That is how i see it. Don't use wrong game mechanics to make us crazy.

This should adjusted to make it more logic for us. Thank you.

I will test next days how it looks with game mechanics.

Archived