why the hate to the gon?

ORlON

With the new class I end up accepting that there is a certain ideological bias when it comes to implementing classes, whether they are exclusive or for various races. I understand the inclination of the Orientals when it comes to adding things by race, but I don't understand how they take their tastes so literally and force them on us. It is constant nonsense and I have no doubt that in time we will see a lyn dealing punches and kicks or a Yun spinning with a great ax so I wonder. will they add the new class to the gon race or will they continue to accept the likes of others submissively. Thank you for reading

• Like 2

My theory is that Gon does not use the same rig/Skeleton as Jin or Yun (this is also why no males this time) and they just don’t see it profitable to make animations for Gon or males as well.

If this is not the case then maybe Greenstorm can correct me, But that is my theory

• NCSOFT
8 hours ago, Draknalor said:

My theory is that Gon does not use the same rig/Skeleton as Jin or Yun (this is also why no males this time) and they just don’t see it profitable to make animations for Gon or males as well.

If this is not the case then maybe Greenstorm can correct me, But that is my theory

I honestly do not know the answer to this question, but I think you're more likely to be closer to the truth than any other speculation. While it's true that some of the design choices can be guided by a vision that not everyone will agree to, there is no "hate" for the Gon race.

• 2 weeks later...

no offense intended, I think you mr green storm might know. It gives the impression that all tastes and mandates of Korea are accepted and as I said before we are not on that side of the world, on this side of the world we do not have the same look (example with giving more and more things to the lyn race) and the 90% of everything new goes to the jin race. It's not time for oxidente to say "this is what we like" although the game itself has an oriental theme, it doesn't mean that it's all like that. It's not that we're forced to make specific choices, but they are limited and it leaves you with that air of, why can't I do this or that? as I said at first, soon we will see a lyn throwing punches and a yun carrying a big ax and spinning, but something that we will never never see will be a jin / yun / gon with a pet but we will see more classes to the same race.

6 hours ago, ORlON said:

no offense intended, I think you mr green storm might know. It gives the impression that all tastes and mandates of Korea are accepted and as I said before we are not on that side of the world, on this side of the world we do not have the same look (example with giving more and more things to the lyn race) and the 90% of everything new goes to the jin race. It's not time for oxidente to say "this is what we like" although the game itself has an oriental theme, it doesn't mean that it's all like that. It's not that we're forced to make specific choices, but they are limited and it leaves you with that air of, why can't I do this or that? as I said at first, soon we will see a lyn throwing punches and a yun carrying a big ax and spinning, but something that we will never never see will be a jin / yun / gon with a pet but we will see more classes to the same race.

The thing you need to understand is that in Kr Gon is the least played/least chosen/least liked race. So because of that new classes will not receive Gon option. Kr players wouldn't pick gon for new classes if it was an option. Most Kr players are jin/lyn actually which is why most classes get jin/lyn option. Kr players dictate everything for us. From dungeons getting nerfed to cosmetic design changes of outfits to what races a class will get. We are quite literally at the mercy of Kr players and we always will be.

Cause gon has the worst face presets in all the game gon fem in particular her idle pose break if not every costume,  to get a proper preset to make a face look ok is a challenge, censorship in the west destroyed gons image

all classes uses the same skeleton is just the skin ( the race ) that is different

tbh bns 2 did  a great job with the gon race is a shame that is a mobile and a tab target game

Edited by PRrexoe
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think more players would play a gon, if there were more classes for gons.

I want to create a new gon (gons are great 😍), but I have no free class for that race 😕

(and btw when will another race be able to play as astromancers?)

Things is astro been teased to not be lyn locked. When released in KR they do have a fable for lyn so appearently this initial idea was scrapped. This might take a game dev to elaborate and still I'd like to take this whole ordeal a bit further...

archer has to be meele, astro needs certain meters to actually have smooth attacks, sf "kicks" during a fist attack and so on...where do those examples lead? I wonder too, since the character design (and thus I acount for globally) only differs in one particular setting: the smallest Jin ist exceeding the tallest Lyn. So they are one, just the sliders are limited. We don't see faces usually so no real need to animate much - as far Id think - and if one character is bulked: gg we have Gon.

While any of the above is true, we will not see KR put any effort in pleasing us

On 11/1/2022 at 10:49 PM, MishaJ said:

Most Kr players are jin/lyn actually which is why most classes get jin/lyn option. Kr players dictate everything for us. [...] We are quite literally at the mercy of Kr players and we always will be.

I wouldn't even call this lazy. There seems to be little to no demand for more variety like OP suggested. I'd wish to change race too but in the end I noticed how flawed the animations already are. Adding a different character model [which also might only limit us to prevent visual bugs] might even worsen that.

Again we also get race exclusive outfits or are unable to obtain old outfits for new classes. It is not KR focus or vision for this game. Sadly.

I think the Gon are doomed to be intimidating classes, even by their design/lore. I believe that some classes would suit Gon, but anyway... 
I'm a Gon and personally like how they look more mature and badass, although I hate how bad most outfits look on the female ones 😒 I also believe that's exactly why many don't choose Gon even if they had other classes 😅 Jin, Lyn, Yun are more "cute", they are the most chosen races and so they have more options.