Onyx Scales

Desutroyer

I am in the same boat .
the only way you can get those scales is the daily quest for mushin floor 20 and farming   prayer beads.
But the amount you need comapred to how often those drop is a joke 
I did 50 runs yesterday and dropped 14 beads  and you need 20 for  one scale .

Edited by Léthor
  • Thanks 1

Please do something about onyx scale supply. We need ridiculous amounts of them to upgrade Brightwill Soul, Champion's Heart, Omega Pet and Thunder Talisman. All still relevant gear, escpecially for people who just finished C2A event and want to upgrade their stuff. @Hime

Edited by Shirafune
  • Like 1

So I came back with UE4 after years without playing and it's nice to have the event Call to Arms since I got my character geared and ready to start progressing but, how can I progress if there is no way to farm the materials I need? I've been asking everywhere and nobody can tell me a way to get Onyx scales that I need to upgrade a lot of stuff like my Soul, Heart, Pet and Talisman.

Would like to ask to Hime if this is intended???

There is already a thread about this. Anyways the answer is that you can A. Craft the onyx Scales with I think forgekeepers and B. you can farm mushin's floor 16-20 for yunsang prayer beads to then trade them in for mushin's tower supply box from Kangcha who is located next to the vault in mushin's tower.

1 hour ago, Shirafune said:

These people don't play their own game, otherwise they wouldn't give us rewards like from current event and phase out the materials needed to upgrade them. This is ridiculous and sad at the same time. Everyone who returned is now stuck with upgrades.

Keep in mind that NCWest, who manages NA/EU has no say whatsoever in what is added, removed or changed in the game. They have to apply patches as given to them by NCSoft in Korea and cannot reject them for any reason.

I can't agree on that, there are always adjustments made to our patches we get in EU/NA. Such as they willingly decided to give us lower tier rewards than the korean players have from just finishing the story. They should have given us the "real" ue4 patch with soul pass but we didn't get it. We only got buffed dungeons and new scale boxes and gear that can't even be upgraded with missing onyx scales supply. This whole patch feels like a bad joke, UE4 could have been great but everything that could be screwed up they screwed up.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:44 PM, Desutroyer said:

Hello! I'm just trying to find a possible way to farm Onyx scales... Where i can farm that nowadays? I need a lot to upgrade my soul, heart and amulet.

Anyone can give me a hint?

****I returned to this game after a two years break.

Don't some of the older dungeons have those scales? I could swear some that aren't in f8 do, maybe try that too.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:44 AM, Desutroyer said:

Hello! I'm just trying to find a possible way to farm Onyx scales... Where i can farm that nowadays? I need a lot to upgrade my soul, heart and amulet.

Anyone can give me a hint?

****I returned to this game after a two years break.

- Forgekeepers Crafting Clan -> You can craft Onyx Scale Fragments

- Run Mushin F20 daily, these quests give you Onyx Scales

- Primeweald for the Scale Box chests

Before anyone also asks for Silver Scales: Drowning Deeps

Edited by Amane

Dungeons that have been removed from F8 give no loot at all. No Dreamsong Theater for Onyx Scales, no DD for Silver Scales either.

@Amane Asking for Silver Scales might sound funny because they're so old, but yet they are used to upgrade Tiger Soul, Virtuous Heart and Alpha Pet from THIS event.

Edited by Shirafune

That is not nearly enough. And it is not just onyx scales, all scales have the same issue.

@Hime Can you either increase the scale boxes you get from the dynamic to what the dungeons normally dropped or reduce the scale amounts in all upgrades by 75% to match the same nerf to acquisition?

It is ridiculous considering you need so many of them and now running normal or even hard mode dungeons is worthless.

8 hours ago, Amane said:

- Forgekeepers Crafting Clan -> You can craft Onyx Scale Fragments

- Run Mushin F20 daily, these quests give you Onyx Scales

- Primeweald for the Scale Box chests

Also 1 yousang prayer bead gives you 1 full onyx scale at kagcha.

Actually they only hard wall is onyx scale RN for low tier gear

silver scale is easy farmable through mushin and and DD 

i tested every method and they actually removed every reliable onyx scale farm from the game.

yes you can farm floor 15-20 but still not gurantee beads drop 

the best way either crafting 

forge keeper for fragments 

and radiant for the scales 

so make sure u have these craft on alts 

or do like me floor 15-20 dailies on 10 char will give you total of 30 a day that is the easiest for now