Moon refuge - content outdated on launch

Ozonek

So with this update we got this open instance - Moon Refuge. Who thought it was a good idea to wait with 55 level content for level 60 patch? Mobs don't give exp and that was a big part of this instance to grind some exp with Dragon Soups.

The whole instance quite pointless, new players can farm some 2-year old BT stuff and untradeable octas, but that's about it. Should've included it a year ago, then maybe.

• Like 1

There are players who have real lives with real stress and work. The game is a way to decompress and relax. Raiding is serious gaming. It is almost like a job with schedules and training and yada.  Not for casual players.   But casual players can shoot up the woods at their own pace and eventually get some of the older raid stuff.   My point is that it is also for casual players along with newer players fast tracking to catch up to more current top end raid gear.   Mgmt is wise to cater to casual players who have jobs and far more disposable income and less time than bored schoolkids who have not been strapped by life yet.

I am bummed that there are no decent XP mobs to farm  BUT, in MF, if you count 15 of those 66xp mobs (990xp) PLUS the 10k charm in the box (10,990 xp per 15 mobs) which = 732xp, just like the thunderbutts and robbers in CB used to be, so I quit QQ'ing when I realized that. The XP bonus stuff is useless like clan/premium bonuses or soups. 

• Like 1

Moon Refuge is nice for alts trying to gear up their weapon through the rift/dawn path. All the weapon boxes are available there for buds. I found this place much easier to farm on my low geared alt, than trying to pug dungeons like HH for a weapon chest. Outside of that, it really just serves as a place to chill and do some mindless farming. It’s too bad there isn’t more to do for end game players, because the area really is very beautiful.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Enigmatic Reaper said:

Friend of mine posted a screen shot of a loot bag he got in moon refuge and it listed a gilded square as possible loot.

Thats a bug, its not a Gilded Square but a Gilded Triangular gem, its just a text error.

12 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

There are players who have real lives with real stress and work. The game is a way to decompress and relax. Raiding is serious gaming. It is almost like a job with schedules and training and yada.  Not for casual players.   But casual players can shoot up the woods at their own pace and eventually get some of the older raid stuff.   My point is that it is also for casual players along with newer players fast tracking to catch up to more current top end raid gear.   Mgmt is wise to cater to casual players who have jobs and far more disposable income and less time than bored schoolkids who have not been strapped by life yet.

I am bummed that there are no decent XP mobs to farm  BUT, in MF, if you count 15 of those 66xp mobs (990xp) PLUS the 10k charm in the box (10,990 xp per 15 mobs) which = 732xp, just like the thunderbutts and robbers in CB used to be, so I quit QQ'ing when I realized that. The XP bonus stuff is useless like clan/premium bonuses or soups. 

If you use the daily there with the 4 powders you get from it  and exchange the normal boxes with the powders for the better ones you get more buds, a chance for 5g (which is fairly often) and a 100k EXP charms which also happen quite often, so this is actually a very good way to level a bit and farm.

I said it here too. We need better rewards.

21 hours ago, Grimoir said:

a lot of materials by doing the Village when the portal spawns

I tried it. 10h without leaving. Saw and beat 5 raccons in that time. I'm sure, other player got some too. And not a single time, the portal to the village opened.
With luck, you see it 1-2 times in 3 days. And the drops inside are for high gear player. Faster kill, faster drop. And they steal the loot from other as well.

21 hours ago, Grimoir said:

they can get gilded triangular gems

Tried this too. Collected 50 pouches in 2-3 days. Opened them at once. Do you know how many gem-chests i got? ZERO.

0 Hepta-Gem-Chest

0 Octa-Gem-Chest

0 Gilded-Gem-Chest

Ok, the gildet is the rarest. Was hoping for it, but didn't expect to get it. But not even a single Hepta-Box? For real? And you need a long time with only 2-3 pouches as drop and waiting for the next portal opening.

I'm not playing there again. For me, it's already dead. Bad trade rewards, bad drop, bad rng.

53 minutes ago, Zini said:

Tried this too. Collected 50 pouches in 2-3 days. Opened them at once. Do you know how many gem-chests i got? ZERO.

0 Hepta-Gem-Chest

0 Octa-Gem-Chest

0 Gilded-Gem-Chest

Ok, the gildet is the rarest. Was hoping for it, but didn't expect to get it. But not even a single Hepta-Box? For real? And you need a long time with only 2-3 pouches as drop and waiting for the next portal opening.

I'm not playing there again. For me, it's already dead. Bad trade rewards, bad drop, bad rng.

in that time you would have bought a few octa chests from the npc .-.