new patch and it has no three doable dungeon LVL 50 dailies anymore?

antarean

feburary's new patch has no three doable dungeon LVL 50  dailies anymore,

just 1 or 2 dungeon LVL 50 maybe and the rest dungeon LVL 55 for dailies.

and i think

a lot more mobs attack the core in gloomdross in new path now?

so BnS is turning into PvP and maybe in next patch, all gears will be obsolete

and only PvP new reward mats will take over. i have seen this type of MMO.

um, when they raised the cap level for characters they raised the boss levels as well...also daily challenge only pops up when your max level (like always) so why would they include lower levelled dungeons?

Like said before, you cannot finish daily challenge without being 55 yourself so I am not quite sure what is the issue. These days everything before NS can be seen as lowbie dungeon as everyone's stats were boosted enough and the mechanics of each dungeons were mostly removed so that everyone could be doing them with ease. Yes I have also completed every single daily challenge with a lowbie character and I never had problems with clearing them. I don't know if you are returning player but these things were changed ages ago to include harder dungeons. Also it was made recently easier for lowbies to clear the daily challenge by actually including even more quests into daily challenge so imho if people still have hard time clearing it it's either just lazyness or the need to get carried through dungeons without much doing anything.

>Like said before, you cannot finish daily challenge without being 55

i thought i made myself clear, when i put the word "dungeon" level 50, not a player level 50.

if you look at the 0/3 daily tab, there are no 3 dailies available for lowbies newbies anymore after feb 7th 2018 patch.

however it is ok, the game was getting addictive, i can do some look around time.

yes .. OP is right .. when you trying to do Daily Challenge .. 2/6 quests are doable do to low level dungeons (and maybe if you're lucky, you get Floor 15th Mushin's Tower) .. but the rest from EC/DT/NF/NS and up you can't join because you're not 1k+ AP, and it automatic kicked .. new players like me even after do all Yellow Quest .. my AP is only around 900 .. haven't got much time to farm/gather enough gears .. this goes same with Weekly Challenge also ..

> OP is right

what is OP? other player? original poster?

>15th Mushin's Tower

i cant even get this done, but maybe someday

today daily, only 1 was doable

tomorrow daily only 2 is doable

it was not like this before this new patch.

it was always 2~3 doable for me, 3 was doable for all other players

@antarean

Tips to start out at 55 for gearing to avoid that issue...

I'm not saying your issue applies to everyone, but as a general rule since level cap increased to 55. By the time you get to 55 and get chapter 20 done of Act 8, you should be around 800 to 850 AP at least. Then you are definitely high enough to do Shattered Mast, Gloomdross, Sogun's Lament, and the other areas for your Pinnacle set of accessories. This would put you maybe around 850 to 900 AP. Then you should be high enough to queue in F8 to do DT and EC to get draken cores.

You do not even need to do NF nor NS for any reason to get your gear, just spam DT or EC NM, of which both have good easy runs, with very few failures to clear them. This will net you draken cores for the legendary belt, necklace, and bracelet (tiger or dragon, choose).  All the while you are getting mats to upgrade your weapon and those legendary accessories to a higher stage and therefore your AP up higher. 

My observations of EC, DT and NS runs with low AP players...

I have been in many runs with people at 850 to 990 AP and though they didn't put out much damage they were able to clear dungeons under EC normal mode with a little bit of ease. Not saying it was easy for them, especially if they are total noobs. But at they cleared them easily without feeling like the rest of us carried them. They even managed in EC NM especially with either a SF or Summoner helping to keep the party healed up. On DT they may struggle to run pass those machine mobs after that spiked ball mecha boss thingy. Yet, if people wait up for them and go back and help them recover health, they can clear DT NM with ease too. 

Now, the only areas I have seen people struggling as noobs to the game or even alts of whales even is in NS NM. And then its only because of people not doing the mechanics of either lining up the guards, doing the hammer, or tossing the lightning rods. And also, that jumping of the water rings that the mini-boss does. However, once they either see someone do it and do it right, or have it explained to them, they don't have much issues with learning the mechanics for NS either. Now, having the dps to clear it, well... Still need a few to be well over 1k in those situations. 

@Lyn Thunderfox Generally speaking, when I ask for "x dungeon at x AP", I am doing it either because I want to be sure everyone knows it, or at least we have the dps to clear it even without doing any mechanics, especially when it comes to NS. Now, I rarely ask for that on a DT, EC or NF run, or even Frozen Fang (WAIT... who ask for it on Frozen Fang, a fresh 55 can solo that dungeon provided they do a few mechanics here and there)... But in all seriousness, if I asked for it on DT, EC or NF, I just want to clear the dungeon fast or I'm in a big rush trying to do DC before time to head to work or something. Hence why some people say "EC NM DC Fast 1k+" for F8 dungeon lobby announcements. 

>Then you are definitely high enough to do Shattered Mast, Gloomdross, Sogun's Lament

>Sogun's Lament

i am not totally sure about this but, you may need 40 bottom gear players (not just 6). 6 players with hollow gears + stage 1 can not kill the sogun in 90 sec or he will wipe us.

>Shattered Mast,

fat boss with 2 fat adds

maybe 12 bottom gear players are required to kill 2 adds in 10 sec. or 2 adds will wipe us

>Then you are definitely high enough

therefore you are not definately high enough, but still doable

9 minutes ago, antarean said:

6 players with hollow gears + stage 1 can not kill the sogun in 90 sec or he will wipe us.

mechanics exist. do them, and you wont wipe in 90 seconds because you didn't take any lifeblooms off the floor.

9 minutes ago, antarean said:

maybe 12 bottom gear players are required to kill 2 adds in 10 sec. or 2 adds will wipe us

SM was never meant to be a dungeon you can faceroll fresh out of the story, but if a bunch of baleful/seraph 3s can do it like how it was meant to be, you can too.

>Naryu Foundry, Ebondrake Citadel

i was instructed better not to do these

>Naryu Foundry

i can not unlock this one, there is "x" mark there

>Ebondrake Citadel

since it is the botton of dungeon LVL 55 in the list, i watched seversal youtubes and tried to learn it

but i had no idea what they were talking,

kept on saying do this do that

do cc here do cc there, what is cc?

and then double skill here double skill there

i almost threw up

i can not memorize all of these

what i can do best, is i copy and mimic other's move and die while trying, they stick to my brian

sogun's ice water,

i died 3 times 1st time try, by walking, by flying, by back flipping

1st time sogun's firewall

i died standing in it (thinking maybe my armor was not good enough)

i died walking in it (thinking maybe my armor was not good enough)

i died walking with my shield on (thinking my shield will protect me)

@antarean 

Don't see that being an issue in any F8 queued groups even a 3 man can clear Shattered Mast with 2 being from 850 to 950 AP and one being at just above 1k AP.  Just need to do a little of the mechanic on cobalt and scarlet monstrousities to keep them from healing. ANd on the last boss use soul burn or blue buff. If no one has those, then eat spicy dumplings and blow a friendship charm and work at it. You'll get them done.

In Sogun's Lament, you can clear it too. Not as easily but you won't wipe if you do everything with him right and... based on my experience, don't have noob melee trying to dps him while he has fire around him. 

And you can't do it because you's not done the either the Khanda Vihar or the Gunwon City side story quests. Do them and its unlocked. 

32 minutes ago, KiraKamelia said:

You do not even need to do NF nor NS for any reason to get your gear, just spam DT or EC NM, of which both have good easy runs, with very few failures to clear them. This will net you draken cores for the legendary belt, necklace, and bracelet (tiger or dragon, choose). 

Actually you do need to run them. You can't buy the accessories from the achievement merchant if you don't have the achievements for the dungeons.

2 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Actually you do need to run them. You can't buy the accessories from the achievement merchant if you don't have the achievements for the dungeons.

Ah yeah, the 10 runs thingy for the achievements. Still though by the time you get all pinnacle stuff, you can just do them with people that grind them for their dailies. 

2 minutes ago, antarean said:

>Khanda Vihar

i tried to join, but they didnt respond when i included in the PM, lvl55 + HM 9,, never done this before

orange quest... i figured... more difficult than the purple.

so i considered off limit.

Don't let dungeons intimidate you. People ask for tons of AP mostly to clear fast (except the top 5-6 dungeons on the list). Dawn of Khanda Vihar is a slug fest, only notably important thing to do being stunning the spawns, which required 4 simultaneous stuns if memory serves (haven't been there in a loooooong time, so if they changed it pardons). Other than that and the poison stuff, it's basically just acquainting the boss with the business end of whatever weapon your use.

As for EC normal mode- the one and only thing which can really kill you in that dungeon and I mean REALLY kill you, is if someone doesn't know the stealth+freeze mechanic. Let's clear the air a bit:

CC stands for Crowd Control. These are skills like stun, daze, knock down, root, knock in air and so on. Skills that force the enemy into a state where they can't perform their mechanics, be it players being unable to move or attack you, or bosses being unable to do some special move.

iframe - invulnerability frame, aka a skill that makes you immune to damage and CC skills for it's duration)

You would benefit from fighting all of the bosses in the training room so you can learn how to effectively stay alive with your class.

This is a great [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT37XrAXCEs]guide[/url] for this dungeon.

The one thing I would add in regard to last boss is WHY you need a party stealth and a party freeze players in your party - in order to do the last boss painlessly, you need either an assassin or a summoner and a force master. Now here's the deal, when he "watches someone", the one he watches takes the red fiery effect. If you don't have a party stealth, you can't do the rest of this mechanic, as the attacks he shoots after he does the yellow AoE attack will penetrate ANY other party iframe and put a debuff on the players that take it. You don't need to have the red fire effect solely on the stealth player, but all need to bundle up around that player in order to get the party stealth. When all are in stealth and don't attack, his attacks will do no harm, nor immobilize people, nor put his nasty debuff on you, which hurts I may add. After that part is done, the force master will have to time his freeze so you don't get lifted in the air. If you did the stealth part properly, getting lifted doesn't really hurt. If you fail it, this will most likely kill you or leave you on less than 20% HP. And considering the boss almost always does an AoE that will take more than 20% HP after you get knocked down, it spells death, so just do the mechanic. 

If you're in a random party and you have no stealth but you have either force master or a destro, let them take the fire effect on last boss. Even if you get hit by his attacks, if the fm/destro does his freeze properly, nobody would die. That has it's price by the way. That player will eat a debuff that lasts for a few seconds and renders them unable to move. So the tank should tank in a direction away from that player. Everything else is like this dude explains in the guide. You don't need to time the room kills anymore too (in normal mode).

That's about all there is to say. Just do it for experience and don't feel too bad if you fail. Just tell other players that you're a first timer so they don't rage at you for messing something up.

Archived