Does it ever get fun?

Grimhorn

10 minutes ago, Nemises said:

I would like to see the fire element user in bns that doesn't cry if I would roll on a fire earring in BT to sell it on the market... while every system has it's pros and cons the BnS loot distribution prevents people greeding for items to sell, that they can't use for themselves. Big minus of this system is, that there is no market for equipment, just upgrade materials.

This happened once before if you remember. Back when on gunner release most of the gunslinger weapons were not bound on pick up and everybody used to roll so they can sell them on the marketplace. The outrage was strong that week. Very strong. We don't need to see that ever again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Nemises said:

In Aion you can...

And? You lose item because of RNG. You still have chance to win item. In bns you don't have it. You have 200 gold,someone bids 201 and you lose your chance to get the item. It doesn't matter if he/she needs that item or not. Richest wins. In roll dice system everyone can get item. No one's excluded just because they don't have enough money.

And while you may not get the item, you get a slice of the winning bid.

Your logic is faulty. The object is in an auction que, therefor there is a chance you can get it. Someone else has more money, they might not want it. Just because you lose a bid, you claim you never had a chance, but that auction proves otherwise. Also, #nopoors

On Wednesday, March 07, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Amarathiel said:

@Astarae

So basically you're saying that if max geared person carries the team through the entire dungeon, he should get most of the loot?

Where did I say that? 

On 9.3.2018 at 4:07 PM, YunoGasaiYandere said:

And? You lose item because of RNG. You still have chance to win item. In bns you don't have it. You have 200 gold,someone bids 201 and you lose your chance to get the item. It doesn't matter if he/she needs that item or not. Richest wins. In roll dice system everyone can get item. No one's excluded just because they don't have enough money.

I more agree to Strawberry

On 9.3.2018 at 7:15 PM, StrawberryCarnage said:

Your logic is faulty. The object is in an auction que, therefor there is a chance you can get it. Someone else has more money, they might not want it. Just because you lose a bid, you claim you never had a chance, but that auction proves otherwise.

And if you argue with rng is the factor to get the item, isn't it rng which person joins your random party with more money then you?  While many players go for the dungeons you also could have matched in a party with players who have less gold than you. The difference between having the rolling system and the auction system is again, that you get the middle finger if someone random is taking the item by rng for free and you'll get nothing, in BnS you get at least some gold for your effort to clear the dungeon with this random person and can use it otherwise for your character progression.

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

I more agree to Strawberry

And if you argue with rng is the factor to get the item, isn't it rng which person joins your random party with more money then you?  While many players go for the dungeons you also could have matched in a party with players who have less gold than you. The difference between having the rolling system and the auction system is again, that you get the middle finger if someone random is taking the item by rng for free and you'll get nothing, in BnS you get at least some gold for your effort to clear the dungeon with this random person and can use it otherwise for your character progression.

at least to get some gold? stupid excuse actually. You see bns has really annoying system...crafting takes ages, gathering nonexistent..most of items untradeable.Monsters drop no money and even if they its extremely low amount...number of daily quests you can do/day is limited. Gold is harder to earn than in other games. That's why bidding system exist. to compensate nonsense they done with BNS. Making economy stable? that's another nonsense. I mean...AION, Lineage 2 and wildstar are NCSOFT games too. But for some reason they're doing fine without RNG on every step or weird limitations...
And I as I said before...in normal games you roll dice and highest value wins. You cant roll on items for other class. Items are soulbound and cant be sold on market. You can only trade them with party members for 2 hours. Something good drops and you want to keep it even if its  not for  your class? Its pointless. You cant sell item  on auction/market. Only to random merchant which pays cents. 
Also got item for free? Another nonsense. Everyone in  party helped each other to kill boss. Everyone participated in clearing dungeon. Free would be giving loot for AFK player.
BNS needs kick party member function. This way all AFK players could be kicked. 
About F8:
Change requirements for dungeons.
All normal mode dungeons (1-50) would have 2 dragon bloods; 50-55 would have 1
Minimum  level/AP level  to enter
Maximum level/AP to enter
Basically if dungeon level is lower 10 levels than you, then  you wouldn't be able to enter to it through F8

If your AP too high you wouldn't be able to enter normal mode dungeon. In example you wouldn't be able to use F8 for Desolate tomb normal, Ebondrake Citadel normal, Naryu foundry normal if your AP is higher than 1000 or even 900...
Want to enter desolate tomb normal with 1100 AP?  Press P, go to dungeon tab, select windstride next to desolate tomb and use F7 to gather the party...

man IMO just dont play the game, i sold all my acc its not worth, i had 1043 AP and still got kicked from dungeons like NS, NF, even EC normal mode like wth ??? everyone wants fast dungeon. it is a very unfriendly game for new commers, NS can be done LITERALLY WITH 3 PEOPLE 1.1K so carrying others is not that bad, its very good u help others they get gear and everyone is happy. The game has come to a point that PEOPLE SELL SKYBREAK SPIRE -___-.

and not to mention want my opinion ? BnS is an Online "offline" single player game, where u ctrl+f everyone, in party no one speaks NO ONE AT ALL, people are like afk, and if some1 dies everyone leaves, and their hobby is to kick everyone from party cuz you know "fast" dungeon. and not to mention it is a loading screen and dungeon simulator. better play smth else for real. i read the comments here is worse than league of legends....sad i was so hyped for the game but not worth.

2 hours ago, DanteAlbanai said:

man IMO just dont play the game, i sold all my acc its not worth, i had 1043 AP and still got kicked from dungeons like NS, NF, even EC normal mode like wth ??? everyone wants fast dungeon. it is a very unfriendly game for new commers, NS can be done LITERALLY WITH 3 PEOPLE 1.1K so carrying others is not that bad, its very good u help others they get gear and everyone is happy. The game has come to a point that PEOPLE SELL SKYBREAK SPIRE -___-.

and not to mention want my opinion ? BnS is an Online "offline" single player game, where u ctrl+f everyone, in party no one speaks NO ONE AT ALL, people are like afk, and if some1 dies everyone leaves, and their hobby is to kick everyone from party cuz you know "fast" dungeon. and not to mention it is a loading screen and dungeon simulator. better play smth else for real. i read the comments here is worse than league of legends....sad i was so hyped for the game but not worth.

Ah yes, the wonderful community of B&S. Everytime I feel the faint itch to come back, I just open the forums and read thru some posts and replies. In fact the first reply to this post was a prime example. Immediately kills any desire to reinstall the client.

As for OP, it has been a month since, but just in case they read. KFM is heavily depended on ping, if the ping is good rest is practice. KFM is also gear depended, so it will take some time until one sees satisfying payback from the class. While, after numerous expansions B&S is at a point where it boosts players gearwise up to 900+ AP without real effort, barely out of main quest line, inevitably you will run into a wall. Before sinking any money, make sure it's only an amount you will not be sad to part with. Because the game has numerous shortcomings. Overall bad client optimisation and servers questinoble performance at times. Mindnubing grind of same content, with little else to do, outside of raids and main dungeons. And there is, of course, the community. While on the surface it might seem ok-ish, the more time you sink, the more noticeable it will become. Without a clan or a tight group of friends you will not get far within any reasonable amount of time, but to get into a good clan you will need good gear. So yeah, the circle is complete and new players are stuck in limbo.  Since the gold gain was heavily nerfed in beginner dungeons, it will take twice the time and effort to breach the minimal gear gap to get into groups. On top of that the community has an absourt expectation of everyone perfectly executing everything on first try, or having good gear to face roll and more often than not, the two mashed together.

The game has its good sides. Great combat, probably the main attraction that keeps players from completely deserting the game. Engaging story. The main questline, definitely shines when compared to many other MMOS out there. Unique gear system progression. But all this, sadly, falls short when compared to many, many problems the game has.

15 hours ago, RushHour said:

Ah yes, the wonderful community of B&S. Everytime I feel the faint itch to come back, I just open the forums and read thru some posts and replies. In fact the first reply to this post was a prime example. Immediately kills any desire to reinstall the client.

As for OP, it has been a month since, but just in case they read. KFM is heavily depended on ping, if the ping is good rest is practice. KFM is also gear depended, so it will take some time until one sees satisfying payback from the class. While, after numerous expansions B&S is at a point where it boosts players gearwise up to 900+ AP without real effort, barely out of main quest line, inevitably you will run into a wall. Before sinking any money, make sure it's only an amount you will not be sad to part with. Because the game has numerous shortcomings. Overall bad client optimisation and servers questinoble performance at times. Mindnubing grind of same content, with little else to do, outside of raids and main dungeons. And there is, of course, the community. While on the surface it might seem ok-ish, the more time you sink, the more noticeable it will become. Without a clan or a tight group of friends you will not get far within any reasonable amount of time, but to get into a good clan you will need good gear. So yeah, the circle is complete and new players are stuck in limbo.  Since the gold gain was heavily nerfed in beginner dungeons, it will take twice the time and effort to breach the minimal gear gap to get into groups. On top of that the community has an absourt expectation of everyone perfectly executing everything on first try, or having good gear to face roll and more often than not, the two mashed together.

The game has its good sides. Great combat, probably the main attraction that keeps players from completely deserting the game. Engaging story. The main questline, definitely shines when compared to many other MMOS out there. Unique gear system progression. But all this, sadly, falls short when compared to many, many problems the game has.

I am not trying to say that you should not, its the truth i am sorry :/ this is how the game runs now. i played since the 1st day of open beta and was hyped at that time, but now is just a cash grab game, totally unfriendly and very toxic community with endless dungeons. oh i read now ANOTHER TROVE FOR REAL ? what do you want me to say, game is ok, is optimized its good ? it's not, and yea story is good, graphics great and combat awesome but that is all. i mean what is the point of gearing where you cant open world pvp, arena is balanced and 6v6 well its whalelandia

4 hours ago, DanteAlbanai said:

I am not trying to say that you should not, its the truth i am sorry :/ this is how the game runs now. i played since the 1st day of open beta and was hyped at that time, but now is just a cash grab game, totally unfriendly and very toxic community with endless dungeons. oh i read now ANOTHER TROVE FOR REAL ? what do you want me to say, game is ok, is optimized its good ? it's not, and yea story is good, graphics great and combat awesome but that is all. i mean what is the point of gearing where you cant open world pvp, arena is balanced and 6v6 well its whalelandia

You're right a cash grab, trove after trove, really... don't they know they should go two months or so between them. Make it worthwhile to do that sort of stuff. 

The game can be fun, but you have to find what makes it fun for you. For me, its solo'ing content that I believe I can't solo alone. Example, my first time solo'ing Sogun's Lament after doing the mechanics for the final boss and all the other bosses and winning, I was well very excited is to put it mildly. That was something I didn't think I could do and yet after doing it, I now do it for fun when I'm bored with F8 grinding and with just standing around doing nothing waiting for "crappy" login rewards to pop. Others find it fun to go around doing Faction areas and looking for fighting people there. Heck, even I enjoyed that, open world PvP is way funner than Arena equalization crap.  Still others, play to play with friends, meh... All my friends don't play BnS so, meh to this one. And still even others, play to enjoy the scenery and content that they can do. You don't need to be Raven Stage 9 nor Aransu stage anything to enjoy the game. If you take your time and try other content in the game, you may find what is fun for you to play in the game. But then, this is true with any game you play. 

2 hours ago, KiraKamelia said:

You're right a cash grab, trove after trove, really... don't they know they should go two months or so between them. Make it worthwhile to do that sort of stuff. 

The game can be fun, but you have to find what makes it fun for you. For me, its solo'ing content that I believe I can't solo alone. Example, my first time solo'ing Sogun's Lament after doing the mechanics for the final boss and all the other bosses and winning, I was well very excited is to put it mildly. That was something I didn't think I could do and yet after doing it, I now do it for fun when I'm bored with F8 grinding and with just standing around doing nothing waiting for "crappy" login rewards to pop. Others find it fun to go around doing Faction areas and looking for fighting people there. Heck, even I enjoyed that, open world PvP is way funner than Arena equalization crap.  Still others, play to play with friends, meh... All my friends don't play BnS so, meh to this one. And still even others, play to enjoy the scenery and content that they can do. You don't need to be Raven Stage 9 nor Aransu stage anything to enjoy the game. If you take your time and try other content in the game, you may find what is fun for you to play in the game. But then, this is true with any game you play. 

i tried to find the fun part, but day by day it is dying... f8 is boring, 3 loading screens for a dungeon, and the kicking melody everytime people kick me for not having 1.1k ap, how am i supposed to make 1.k if i dont do dungeons.. even once some1 told me "you are so low (1043AP) you dont belong here (NF Hard Mode -_-), i told him i need to do dungeons to get good money --- do trove he said " that moment i realized this game is dying. oh i remember good old days of Lineage 2 (not to mention NOT A SINGLE MMO HAS DUAL CLASS SYSTEM) but everytime you were happy u got a good drop and u could OWPVP now swipe card gg, its not even fun. i remember on a NS party bracalet dropped, all 5 had the brac and some1 bid 100g, i mean is so hard to let low players get gear, i was luck i had 102 gold :P and after that they made the brac nearly free haha. when i always say BnS is an Online "offline" single player dungeon and loadin screen simulator, you may not like it but it is. you may be playing it but i always check for some good content and they add more dungeons -_-. just remembering the loadingscreens makes me dizzy. (NO SSD NO BNS ;P)

@DanteAlbanai I will admit the trove part and the swipe-to-progress-further mentality this game has is a bit disappointing when there is some content within the game that is really interesting and fun to do. However, I have played a game that took lots of swipes to just do any content after getting to a certain point. It, namely SkyForge, has became highly swipe prone to get enough currencies to progress your 1 important attribute there and it's really not fun. Most people quit and come back there only to play one of the interesting monthly trove like events. The population decreased massively from when it first came out, and now seems to just barely get by. 

Although, I don't really want to think of BnS that way. There way too many similarities to what's going on in it and what's going on here on BnS. Although, I'll add that yeah, I hate all the loading screens, I have never played a game with this many loading screens until I came to BnS. Same applies to the way the game at first makes you think it's casual friendly or even not swipe-to-progress-further important. So, I would add that this game is a wanna-be dungeon grinder loading screen simulator with one simple game mechanic to follow... That is, "How deep are your pockets?!" 

On 15.3.2018 at 7:38 PM, YunoGasaiYandere said:

at least to get some gold? stupid excuse actually.

For what? That the system redistributes ressources? I mean because BnS has no random loot, just boss loot which is also not that mentionable except the legendaries and tresors, in dungeons, in a roll system 5 of 6 people will have no reward. It would be a lottory with 5 loosers who get nothing and 1 winner who recieves everything of the run, in which world does this system generate a bigger generally well and contentment than a bidding system?

Also got item for free? Another nonsense. Everyone in  party helped each other to kill boss. Everyone participated in clearing dungeon. Free would be giving loot for AFK player.

You misinterpret what i call for free in this context. Gaining an item without  having to give a equavilent value, as a kind of expense allowance to the party members, is for free. As you said, it is not only one player who clears the dungeon. Why don't you want to reward your random party members running with you by sharing something everyone can use, while you get the item. In a roll system they get nothing for their effort.

And I as I said before...in normal games you roll dice and highest value wins.

You claim the dice system to be normal, just because it is older and used in more mmo's, which is actually a weak premise for the argumentation. First of all there is not "the one dice system", the WoW roll system differs in many ways from the one in Aion and other games. While in the WoW system you have the option for "need", "greed" and "pass", which gives certain classes a priority to class bound items, the Aion system only has "dice" and "pass" where literally every class can roll for other classes stuff. To simplify those two systems and use them for a comparison to the bid system is way to easy. So even Aion with the roll system doesn't have the prioritization you claim to be a failure of the bid-system in comparison to the roll systems. While WoW has a class item dominated system in BnS every legendary item, except the raid ones are needed by every class. So if there would be a need and greed system implemented everyone could go for need on all the 6 man dungeon items, which would be nearly the same system as in Aion except the raid items.

That the roll system of WoW isn't perfect at all for some players is recognizable in the modification for raids like the DKP or SLS loot system.

Every and i mean really every system has it's pros and cons. For an objective contemplation which is the better system, we'll need to think outside of the box listing all pros and cons. In the end you will find a favorite of yours, with which you can identify yourself and your needs, but isn't necessarily the best for the majority of the people.

Archived