Does it ever get fun?

Grimhorn

So it's become apparent to me coming fresh out of the story that you have to get carried by high level players in order to be able to get any upgrades from the end-game dungeons. The difficulty spiked from being able to barely solo everything to barely surviving anything. And I am playing a KFM, so without many upgrades to swiftly dispatch enemies every fight is like a struggle, trying to do combos while moving and dodging meanwhile everyone in my house is wondering if I'm typing on a keyboard or hammering nails with how much noise I'm making. I know, in the end it's an mmo and you have to party up, but I want to feel useful, not grateful. I did NS recently and only the 55lvl/HM14 party member was doing work, all the 55lvl/HM8-9s were struggling to stay alive. The run would be a fail without him. There is also that unpleasant bid/pass loot system. Why can't everyone get the same rewards and call it a day? You know, respect the time of those who joined.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about you stop sucking ass and carry your own weight. you picked the hardest class in the game. you dont get to cry about it. get better or pick something easier.

just because you have access to something does not mean you belong there. you dont need raid gear right out of the story anyway.

there is a procession of purple dungeons to do before you even get to naryu sanctum. the loots you get from these dungeons get you more weapon levels.

pinnacle accessories drop from said dungeons.

dont just jump into ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing sanctum with your self entitled shit "BUT I WANT GOOD THINGS NOW NOW NOW". you dont belong there yet because you are not good enough yet. go into f12 and practice against the bosses if you can't dodge their attacks properly. naryu sanctum can be done with full fresh out of the story people who can do the mechanics. you dont need to be carried.

the bid system is fine. you want it? you pay for it. everyone gets money and you get your item.

You sound more butthurt than I am, haha.

First of all, I am not complaining about my class, I could destroy anything with better gear. And secondly, the game always told me when I entered a dungeon that it might be too much for my level. It doesn't do that anymore, so how the hell am I supposed to know? Find out from pricks like you? And you're not making any sense at all, first you say don't jump onto NS early and then you say it can be done fresh out of the story.

And no, the bid system is not fine. I shouldn't have to pay for something I worked for and it makes playing with strangers very awkward.

As a beginner you shouldn't be looking to jump straight into endgame dungeons right away, especially not knowing any mechanics. You don't even need to start endgame dungeons right away to upgrade your weapon, you can farm everything in celestial basin for stages 1-9 for your legendary weapon. It also seems you don't know much about your class so that should definitely be your top priority is to look up guides about your class, skills, rotations, etc... The Hongmoon training room is a good place to practice your rotations, you can get into it by pressing f12 if you don't know how to already. Also may I ask what build you're using as a kfm? Fire build is much easier for beginners and is the "better" build at lower gear. I also recommend that you join a clan.

If you are one of those types expecting to be able to do every endgame raid/dungeon fresh out the story without knowing anything then sorry to tell ya but this is the wrong game for you just a heads up. If you are already overwhelmed with upgrading then I can imagine when you reach the more difficult parts of upgrading later down the road, it doesn't get any easier but instead more difficult and frustrating to make progress. I suggest setting up goals for yourself as far as upgrading goes, that will allow you to not stress yourself over upgrading and work at your own pace. Finding a clan will help you out a lot since they are always willing to help and communicating with your clan will greatly expand your knowledge on the game. Btw kfm has a high learning curve than most of the classes, especially for someone just starting the game it can be a bit challenging. I probably would not recommend kfm to someone who is just starting but if you are having fun with it and it interests you then stick with it. Another thing is always read up on guides and watch a video before doing a dungeon that you have never done before since some dungeons can cause a party wipe if you are doing something wrong which will cause everyone to rage at you.

16 minutes ago, Grimhorn said:

first you say don't jump onto NS early and then you say it can be done fresh out of the story.

because it can. but the story does not teach you your class properly. so we get people who come into sanctum undergeared and not knowing the mechanics. you need to know your class before you try the harder dungeons. there are easier purple dungeons to do. start from lair of the frozen fang every day and work your way up the list.

gear can offset some of the requirement, but it's not the problem you're facing. you seem to think adding 50 ap is magically gonna make every dungeon easy, but it doesn't work like that. i've beaten sanctum with plenty teams of hm9's but they could do mechanics.

Great, this became about me not knowing the mechanics AND my class.

Guys, I know when to iframe and when to block, and I am fully aware that some bosses have a special phase where you have to do something specific in order to get them out of it or to survive it, I don't go in there blind. But it takes too long with my gear to drop anything, I can't be working my ass off extensively for every mob and the 300+ runs this game wants you to do to be able get any of the upgrades. It is NOT fun.

Just now, Grimhorn said:

Guys, I know when to iframe and when to block, and I am fully aware that some bosses have a special phase where you have to do something specific in order to get them out of it or to survive it, I don't go in there blind. But it takes too long with my gear to drop anything, I can't be working my ass off extensively for every mob and the 300+ runs this game wants you to do to be able get any of the upgrades. It is NOT fun.

Dont worry about the other comments, thats mostly the respond you will always get from 80% of the population, git gud or leave.

I main a KFM too but i had to switch to destroyer cause i cant 2rf very well and that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s up all the overall damage. Anyways i get what your saying, but you will need to get used to it, but NS is nowhere near endgame, since we can just face-tank every boss now with the normal dungeons i fell the same, but i like the combat system, it makes it fun and i really feel useful using the blue buff in the right time, grappling the boss so the team can have some bonus damage, its all about team cooperation even with strangers, normally you will encounter the tipical 1000ap or more guy that tells everyone trash cause someone died or something like that but dont let that ruin your day. I dont recommend rushing the same dungeon more than 5 times a day to farm the items needed, since it makes the game soooooooo boring even with friends, you need to expierence every part of the game everyday, not just go and jump into the daily grind and expect everything to be fun.

Just sit there and talk in the faction chat about any topic, mostly the broken classes or the shit ncsoft support and balance, or jump into arena, anyways i feel you, sometimes i had to post rants to get it out of my chest but im still here since the game is fun and the community is very funny to talk with.

Sorry for the bad english and have fun with the game, feel free to add me if you want to party some raids :D

2 minutes ago, Grimhorn said:

Are you doing your rotations properly, anicanceling properly? Knowing your class isn't just about knowing when to block and iframe. What gear do you have? Even without much gear you shouldn't be struggling with mobs in NS. Running dungeons for materials is not what you should be doing if you don't have much gear. You should be farming in basin. Judging by how you worded your post, one would think you don't know the mechanics and your class.

7 minutes ago, KnockOut31 said:

anyways i feel you, sometimes i had to post rants to get it out of my chest

Hah, this is pretty much what I'm doing right now. Though, the replies I'm getting are just adding fuel to the fire.

@SalemK

No, not all the time. I get occasional lag and screw it all up. My weapon is a 6 slot baleful stage 5 and accessories hollow, the rest everything the story gave me. I'm not struggling per se but the fatigue gets to me after multiple runs.

im a bad kfm tbh- 1199ap wind kfm, my rf on magnum is pretty crappy- but i supplament it by haveing both magnum and holy fire for wind- rotation wise stick with fire until you eitehr feel comfortable rotateing or abuse the hell out of holy fire to r f for 6 seconds- riftwalker with holyfire will let you rf forever afgter hitting x every 6 sec. if you wanna do that. you can also supplament the rotation with 4 r f with a hongmoon comet strike and blue buff and skyrift badge to enable a 4 r f combo to less rely on rf/2 r f

just enjoy the game, do not go ahead, to the harder mode, which is the end game dungeons, those r hard even for well geared ppl, coz u have to deal with lots of things including ppl who have the knowledge or not of mechs and the proper aps, to kill it in the meantime.

just do ur story quest, and start farming gold by doing so

join a clan and ask for help in there

join a faction and start producing items and sell them in marketplace

farm mushin tower for moostones for ur weap, or arena for soulstones and sell them

i dont recomend basin, its a waste of time and is boring

just have fun, find out what u like the most and keep doing it.

Not sure what other MMOs you played, but it's normal that you can't do top tier content when you just finished the quests. The progress to get better gear is actually a big part of the games, if you don't enjoy that or are of the impatient type, maybe find yourself a different game or genre alltogether.

If you really want end game content that badly and you don't want to spend the time it takes to get there naturally, you can always use your credit card and buy anything you need, be it materials or dungeon/raid boosts/loot. If you do that tho, don't complain later that there is "nothing to do", cos you don't have anything left to go for.

Progress is slow, so don't expect to roll over everything if you grind for a week or two. The best thing to do is start with the easy level 50 dungeons. Hit the LFP on dungeons between Lair of the Frozen Fang and Sogun's Lament. You shouldn't struggle nearly as hard as on Naryu Sanctum, and they're a good place to start earning daily quest gold and upgrade materials.

NS is a bit hard for hm8 and people are not very welcoming in this game. I recommend to do ebondrake citadel and lower. Desolate Tomb if you need to do it for daily challenge. When you hower mouse over dungeon name in quest description, game displays info which includes recommended level. If it says hm14, hm8 is probably early to join. As for bid system - it's much better than random loot distribution which exists in other games. For example, lair of frozen fang usually drops one yellow poach. People bid 1.10g max on it. If 5 times you pass, on 6th you will be able to big 1.10 on it. It's pretty fair system. If someone is generous enough to bid more than 1.10 per poach - be happy, as you will get better cut.

13 hours ago, DustinMcDohl said:

. naryu sanctum can be done with full fresh out of the story people who can do the mechanics. you dont need to be carried.

Can we really do Naryu Sanctum on a pt full of fresh out of story chars? I know we were able to do it with similar stats before but the bosses weren't lvl 55. a char fresh out of story shoul have around 40% crit, 200 crit dmg, close to no elemental dmg and not even 120% acc. where have the threads complaining about the boss stat increase gone?

@OP

but just just becouse you can be carried doesn't mean you should do it. But in the end it depends on the carry himself, i've carried people before on NS and have no problçems on doing it again, i don't even have problems spending 10 min explaining the mechs to newer players, as long as i see them trying

As a kfm party will be expecting that you will be able to do 2 roles at once. 1 Tanking - which means ALWAYS keeping boss agro on yourself, 2 blue buff and dps.
It's a very responsible and hard class. And because you can not tank without good gear - this will ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ a lot of ppl. Though you still have bb, so it's not that bad as for BM.
Anyway - if you are finding yourself strugling too much - make another character. You can still use your kfm for arena, and leave pve side to your alt gunner or fm.

13 hours ago, Grimhorn said:

... And secondly, the game always told me when I entered a dungeon that it might be too much for my level. It doesn't do that anymore, so how the hell am I supposed to know?

And no, the bid system is not fine. I shouldn't have to pay for something I worked for and it makes playing with strangers very awkward.

You can get a rough gauge of the dungeons appropriate for your level of gear by going to the Character Status screen (P by default) and clicking on the "Play Infographic" tab.  It shows the progression of your gear against the difficulty of the dungeons.  It shows the bare minimum for those dungeons.  Player groups tend to ask for a bit more AP, like 100 or so. 

I disagree about the bid system.  Without it, if a rare item drops someone else would get it likely, and you would get NOTHING.  That lucky person would get to use it or keep all the money from selling it, if tradeable.  If it wasn't tradeable it would get NPC'd.  That's a waste.  In other games I've been in where we were with a trusted group we had an auction for that rare drop.  Here it's automated so you get something if you don't buy it.  The bid system was one of the things that attracted me to BnS.

boi, stick to Heavens Mandate, Cold Storage, a day, for good exp and gold and you should be gucci, oh and pick dungeons from daily challange that have low HM Hongmoon Level requirement, that way you should be fine to gear up for big dungeons.

3 hours ago, ArcanumZodiak said:

but just just becouse you can be carried doesn't mean you should do it. But in the end it depends on the carry himself

That time we actually managed to make it to the last boss with just HM8-9s but one of us quit (probably because he got pissed that everyone ran ahead and left him to deal with corridor mobs alone) and we were waiting for someone new to join up before we start. Then the carrier joined and proceeded to come to the boss room. He could leave if he didn't like it.

The problem is new people expect to do the hardest dungeons right away...
We all had to work our way to get there, if u cant survive, ur not ready yet.
Its that easy bro, just work ur way up.

Advice everyone to make alts, for easy legendary and some upgrade materials...
Also u gonna need alts for events, and can use em for miniraids or daily challenge during events that are worth it..
Then after u reach max lv, u do the dead refuse to die for the draken cores..
Send em to main, do 10 runs DT.. get neck..
Do 10 NF, get belt..
10 Ns, get bracelet.. and u should be fine for many of the dungeons..

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

boi, stick to Heavens Mandate, Cold Storage, a day, for good exp and gold adn you should be gucci, oh and pick dungeons from daily challange that have low HM Hongmoon Level requirement, that way you should be fine to gear up for big dungeons.

This way they will never gear up. Low hm req = low reward. At the moment 55hm8 can do sogun's lament, masts and even ebondrake citadel without any troubles. My hm8 gunner was in desolate tomb and NF (LFP both) and didn't have any troubles (but people may be harder on kfm, I guess). Sure it wouldn't hurt to do HM and CS, too. But I'd suggest to aim slightly higher dungeons for better rewards.

It would be nice if the daily challenge would conform with player level if anyone suggest people to actually "stick with dg on their level". And one can expect people to do NS at HM8 or even HM7 as they want their legendary (The know thine enemy quest pt 1 require Sanctum) or simply curious that the quest popped up in their daily challenge window and as natural human instinct to try something new.  But we don't/may never have that kind of system. 

I don't see any indication OP wants to be carried at all which is nice. we need more players like this actually.

Archived