Forums

Does it ever get fun?

Grimhorn

21 hours ago, DustinMcDohl said:

how about you stop sucking ass and carry your own weight. you picked the hardest class in the game. you dont get to cry about it. get better or pick something easier.

just because you have access to something does not mean you belong there. you dont need raid gear right out of the story anyway.

there is a procession of purple dungeons to do before you even get to naryu sanctum. the loots you get from these dungeons get you more weapon levels.

dont just jump into ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing sanctum with your self entitled shit "BUT I WANT GOOD THINGS NOW NOW NOW". you dont belong there yet because you are not good enough yet. go into f12 and practice against the bosses if you can't dodge their attacks properly. naryu sanctum can be done with full fresh out of the story people who can do the mechanics. you dont need to be carried.

the bid system is fine. you want it? you pay for it. everyone gets money and you get your item.

How about you stop telling people what to do like you own the game?

Where is it written in the game that if someone makes a mistake and chooses a hard class the first time, that you should be a jerk to them and berate them?

As for access -- meaning belong or not -- if you don't belong in a dungeon, there is usually a big 'X' over the entrance.  That's the way the game tells you that you don't meet the qualifications.  So when you don't see that -- what does that mean?  Please cite the text in the game that tells you this.

How would someone fresh off the main quest know dungeons have some order -- I didn't get that till my 2nd character was up to HM10 (first char also HM10).   Of course people will want good things "now" -- in the MQ (Main Quest), it gave you items along the line and **HELPED** you evolve -- you got items along the way.  When you finish the MQ, you feel like you fell off the path -- where did it go -- why aren't you progressing anymore, why no items -- OF course people want that to continue -- that's show they were introduced to the game -- that's how most non-MMO games do it. 

Where does the game say anything about "mechanics"?  Where does it even use the word? 

The bid system is uncomfortable.  Everyone DOESN'T get the same amount of money.  I got outbid for the ring in DT by a bid of 400G.  I know that's low by what I see on the market for items.  How many people can afford to bid 400G on every item?

It's also the case that for the most part, you don't know what you should want or bid on -- what to keep, what to sell or salvage...etc.  It's not written down anywhere in a useful form.  What did I do for most items after I finished MQ?  Tossed them.  I was out of room and didn't know what to keep.  I have more knowledge now about what to keep, but it's a minuscule amount.

Where is the in-game help browser?  The function is in the menus with no function key bound and nothing in it.   Why is the help item there?  Because the game was meant to have help (instead we get RNG items for new outfits).

The original poster's experience isn't uncommon.  Show us the *written help* or tutorial play, in-game that tells knew players all the stuff that you disparage them for not knowing.   Outside sources are disallowed.  I'm talking official, in-game material.  I don't see it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SalemK said:

Judging by how you worded your post, one would think you don't know the mechanics and your class.

It's a good thing the main quest teaches you those things in... in...oh right, it doesn't.  Where's the in-game content to teach this?  F12 isn't a teacher -- it's a trainer.  They are different.

26 minutes ago, Astarae said:

I got outbid for the ring in DT by a bid of 400G.  I know that's low by what I see on the market for items.  How many people can afford to bid 400G on every item?

What if game had random loot and that person got rare ring for free? Would it feel better? Auction is a good try to make fair loot distribution. BTW, my alt got ring from first ebondrake citadel run, for 100+ gold. My main doesn't have legendary accessories yet :D

Here is how I did it:

Fresh from story you do the old purple train up to sogun, one week you should have some gold and material to upgrade your weapon up to 9.

Then you start farming your acessories in order, you dont go the dg up until you are done with the ones behind:

1)Desolate Tomb - Get your necklace, it is easier today it goes from free to about 25 gold, you also get the elemental ring of your choice and upgrade it.

2)Ebondrake Cidatel - Get the Purple earring

3)Naryu Foundry - Get the belt

From farming those 3 dungeons you must be able to get wep to lv12, and maybe get a soulbadge and mystic badge from tokens/dailies

4) Naryu Sanctum - Get the elemental earring of your choice and the Bracelet, if you have done enough of DT, EC and NF you should have enough tokens to buy it after 10 runs.

In the mean time you also get  all hexa gems. Now you should easily get past 1k AP and have elemental ring/earring. You can start doing BT and get your legendary elemental ring and earring.

Now you probably have lvl most of your old accessories and get your weapon to ravem/dawnforge/riftwalk  so you are about 1050 and able to do:

5) Irontech forge/Starstone mines (Notice you still do all other dgs/dailies/weekly/etc.)

After some time you are reaching 1100 and can easily join Hollow Heart and Ebondrake Lair.

PS1: You should always do the events, you can get things easier from them

PS2: It's not a 1 day task, you need to take your time to gear up, you are not going to joing end game fresh from story

1 hour ago, caioc2 said:

Here is how I did it:

Fresh from story you do the old purple train up to sogun, one week you should have some gold and material to upgrade your weapon up to 9.

Then you start farming your acessories in order, you dont go the dg up until you are done with the ones behind:

1)Desolate Tomb - Get your necklace, it is easier today it goes from free to about 25 gold, you also get the elemental ring of your choice and upgrade it.

From farming those 3 dungeons you must be able to get wep to lv12, and maybe get a soulbadge and mystic badge from tokens/dailies

4) Naryu Sanctum - Get the elemental earring of your choice and the Bracelet, if you have done enough of DT, EC and NF you should have enough tokens to buy it after 10 runs.

In the mean time you also get  all hexa gems. Now you should easily get past 1k AP and have elemental ring/earring. You can start doing BT and get your legendary elemental ring and earring.

Now you probably have lvl most of your old accessories and get your weapon to ravem/dawnforge/riftwalk  so you are about 1050 and able to do:

5) Irontech forge/Starstone mines (Notice you still do all other dgs/dailies/weekly/etc.)

After some time you are reaching 1100 and can easily join Hollow Heart and Ebondrake Lair.

PS2: It's not a 1 day task, you need to take your time to gear up, you are not going to joing end game fresh from story

give this man a cookies 

6 hours ago, Astarae said:

It's a good thing the main quest teaches you those things in... in...oh right, it doesn't.  Where's the in-game content to teach this?  F12 isn't a teacher -- it's a trainer.  They are different.

I didn't say anything about the game teaching him these things or f12, I said it is a good place to practice rotations. I was actually trying to help him and figure out what he knows and what not since he seemed frustrated in his post. With a lack of information then no one knows where to guide him. So please calm down. 

Unfortunately this is a negative side effect of the dev's rushing people through content and not thinking everything through. All of the requirements for every dungeon is incorrect(in terms of what you need to complete them at a reasonable time frame) and quite frankly you can join any dungeon as long as your character is lvl50 and has completed the required blue quest if it ask for one.Which leads to the confusion/misinterpretation that a lot of new players are having.One time when me and my clan mates recruited to fill in the last spot for starstone mines a fresh out of story with bale 1 and solak accessories filled the spot lol. 

Not to mention the game doesn't explain jack shit during/after the main quests. I've been playing for a couple months and at least once every single day a new player is asking about wtf to do after finishing the main questline. 

Tldr: The game is fun when you know what to do, but figuring out what to do is annoying.

19 hours ago, Crahzi said:

Unfortunately this is a negative side effect of the dev's rushing people through content and not thinking everything through. All of the requirements for every dungeon is incorrect(in terms of what you need to complete them at a reasonable time frame) and quite frankly you can join any dungeon as long as your character is lvl50 and has completed the required blue quest if it ask for one.Which leads to the confusion/misinterpretation that a lot of new players are having.One time when me and my clan mates recruited to fill in the last spot for starstone mines a fresh out of story with bale 1 and solak accessories filled the spot lol. 

Not to mention the game doesn't explain jack shit during/after the main quests. I've been playing for a couple months and at least once every single day a new player is asking about wtf to do after finishing the main questline. 

Tldr: The game is fun when you know what to do, but figuring out what to do is annoying.

dev open all of those dungeon for you in consideration if you have a friend or party who want to carry you in all of those dungeon

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 3:11 PM, Gennady said:

What if game had random loot and that person got rare ring for free? Would it feel better? Auction is a good try to make fair loot distribution. BTW, my alt got ring from first ebondrake citadel run, for 100+ gold. My main doesn't have legendary accessories yet :D

It would never feel good to not get the item you want, BUT, you want fair?:

1. Have each auction give players 10 points/loot-auction.   Then, optional merit-based could be added _like_:
  2. Game computes %damage contributed by each player to killing target for that auction:  give 1 pt/10%.
  3. Compute # of players resurrected by another: for each resurrected give 1/2pt to one who resurrected someone, and subtract 0.3 pts from person who needed resurrecting
  4. treat orbs/keys similar to a resurrect: maybe 0.5pts/other-person, or 2.5 pts for 5 other party members (rounded to 3 if no other factional amounts)
  5. give 0.1 points for each buff cast/per person (including self, so .6 for each buff cast)

Round points up from anything over 1/2 to next integer, so 5.5 => 6.

Note: above is all done automatically by computer -- so it can be as simple or complex as needs to be for _some_ fairness.  Nothing will ever be 100% fair and discussion of specific amounts is pointless unless we are deciding how it will be implemented in this discussion, right now.  I.e. don't side track idea w/discussion  point amounts.

Use those points to bid on items.  Points of winning bid can be distributed to other party members after auction to be added to any unused points.  They could be converted to cash reward, like:

•  15 silver in legendary
  •   5 silver in purple
  •   1 silver in turquoise
  •    (maybe 2-3X that amount for hard dungeons).

That way loot could be distributed without respect to 'wealth' and fairly for all players in party, with optional amounts added for contributions (made these optional, as they are more subjective).

So wouldn't this be, at least a little more fair w/r/t dealing w/excess wealth?

On 1/28/2018 at 5:29 PM, caioc2 said:

Here is how I did it:

Where were you when i needed you XD if i had a whole bunch of cookies i would give them all to you. 

I have been playing this game since it came out of beta and unlike some people I am not aransu, i am not over 1.1k barely have two hepta gems and the rest are hexa. I am sitting with Raven 4 working on finishing to get elements for raven 5 bleh i could have been raven 5 if they had kept the 20 gold option for elements lol I blewh through lots of mats to get the 15 i have. I am basically upgrading in baby steps. 

Anywho my point yes my point was i wish someone like you could have simplified things with an explanation like this. I have pretty much had to learn things on my own, my first clan while not all was full of elitist and could careless if i needed help or advice. At the end of the day i enjoy playing this game despite the bad experiences i run into every so often. I also do have a wonderful clan now so things have gotten easier since joining my latest clan. So to the OP the best thing i can suggest is find a clan that you fit into and that can make it a whole lot more fun.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:43 AM, Astarae said:

The main quest is not a tutorial. It's a story line. If you don't learn anything about your own class, that's pretty much your problem. As for mechanics, you learn those from practice. And since I don't see Xanoses left and right in the story line, I'd say it's pretty obvious that it doesn't teach you about that in particular. You do learn how to deal with mechanics though. Block the yellow circles/lines/squares, iframe the red circles/lines/squares. All that is required from you, is to learn the timings of these circles/lines/squares. You see a half circle that will hit you 0,3 seconds after you see it, you know you have to dodge before it hits you. No amount of story mobs/bosses can teach you how to have good reactions. It's not something you learn.

13 hours ago, Astarae said:

That way loot could be distributed without respect to 'wealth' and fairly for all players in party, with optional amounts added for contributions (made these optional, as they are more subjective).

So wouldn't this be, at least a little more fair w/r/t dealing w/excess wealth?

That way loot always will go to already geared guys because they could outdamage the whole party. Yeah, that's very fair

On 1/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, Grimhorn said:

You sound more butthurt than I am, haha.

First of all, I am not complaining about my class, I could destroy anything with better gear. And secondly, the game always told me when I entered a dungeon that it might be too much for my level. It doesn't do that anymore, so how the hell am I supposed to know? Find out from pricks like you? And you're not making any sense at all, first you say don't jump onto NS early and then you say it can be done fresh out of the story.

And no, the bid system is not fine. I shouldn't have to pay for something I worked for and it makes playing with strangers very awkward.

The dungeons have an hm level recommendation when you view them.  Dungeons with higher hm recommendations are harder and will be much more difficult without proper gear.  While this isn't an exact science, it will at least give you some metric to decide whether you are ready or not.

4 hours ago, Gennady said:

That way loot always will go to already geared guys because they could outdamage the whole party. Yeah, that's very fair

That's why I:

1) made it optional and

2) Note that item 1 -- being a member of the party,  gives out the most points in a party.

It's already the case that those who can outbid everyone else, don't.

Most people who don't need things don't bother bidding on them.  I didn't think it entirely fair to give those who made the party "successful" to get no benefit -- the extra awards for contributed damage could always be changed.  The relative balance isn't so important as deciding whether or not people would be open to a different system than the current one of whoever has the most $$ can take all.

Various alterations could be made and those who got a rep taking all, might find themselves not invited into as many parties.

@Astarae

So basically you're saying that if max geared person carries the team through the entire dungeon, he should get most of the loot? I'm sorry that's just not how things work and that sounds totally silly. If that person is max geared, he has no need for the loot in any low level dungeon and he is only doing it to complete a daily quest or helping others. That's all he wants and if he choose not to bid that's NOT because he doesn't bother doing so, it's because he does not need it for anything and he thinks it's better for lower geared person to bid on it as he needs it way more than the max geared person. Simple as that. The current bid system i think is one of the most fairest ones. Ofc there are idiots and douches trying to hog all the loot to themselves but that's besides the point.

If everyone during the dungeon puts effort into clearing it, everyone is entitled for the rewards. Everyone gets their quest done which gives gold,exp and a chest from dynamic quest for some rewards. Boss loot is just bonus and people can freely decide weather or not they want to bid on any item in there depending on if they need it or not.

Or as some other games like Elsword does, make boss loot individual. Game automatically decides and gives a set of random loot from the loottable to each player who loots the chest always giving roughly the same rewards unless some player gets lucky and gets something rare in addition. Problem solved, Everyone has same chances for same loot. The most fairest loot distribution only reliant on your luck as to what rng gives you.

My fun in the last months is wait a week try my luck wait a week try my luck. yea i try get the shadow ring and months are passing and he not drop.

This crap is not like im work to get this ring is just wait and try your luck crap system.

On 1/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, Grimhorn said:

So it's become apparent to me coming fresh out of the story that you have to get carried by high level players in order to be able to get any upgrades from the end-game dungeons. The difficulty spiked from being able to barely solo everything to barely surviving anything. And I am playing a KFM, so without many upgrades to swiftly dispatch enemies every fight is like a struggle, trying to do combos while moving and dodging meanwhile everyone in my house is wondering if I'm typing on a keyboard or hammering nails with how much noise I'm making. I know, in the end it's an mmo and you have to party up, but I want to feel useful, not grateful. I did NS recently and only the 55lvl/HM14 party member was doing work, all the 55lvl/HM8-9s were struggling to stay alive. The run would be a fail without him. There is also that unpleasant bid/pass loot system. Why can't everyone get the same rewards and call it a day? You know, respect the time of those who joined.

From my experience I can only suggest you to make warlock to be useful in party even with low ap. One of my toons is 900ap wk doing dailies and weekly. Had never been told about my low ap nor kicked out of the party  since i have sb buff but you have to stay alive ofc. 

I think first you should have addressed what gear you are currently wearing.  Have you gotten pinnacle accessories for example.  Have you upgraded your weapon to baleful/seraph stage 9?  Have you finished the story?  If you finished the story you should have available a quest called The Dead Refuse to Die.  Completing the quest will give a reward of 250 Draken cores which can be used to purchase a tiger or divine dragon bracelet, thereby providing a means to avoid the higher dps requirements of farming Naryu Sanctum.  Farming the two easier dungeons Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel will give you a chance of looting the Destiny ring and Oath legendary necklace.  If you want to maximize your damage output you should consider purchasing a soul badge either from using solar energy obtained from daily challenges or purchasing one from using tokens.  Soul and mystic badges are necessary to obtain higher damage output.  Here are two examples of what benefits the badges can have on your rotation.

Fire: 

Wind: 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:11 AM, Gennady said:

Actually it would. That's how loot distribution works in all other MMORPG. No one cries, when someone rolls 100/100 or 99/100 and wins rare item. Actually you can trade item with other players if you got something you don't need. But of course you can't do it in bns,because items are account bound...

2 hours ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

That's how loot distribution works in all other MMORPG.

I played such games. It works good only if you farm the dungeon again and again with the same party. But for random parties it's pure luck-based. Nobody will give rare item to someone else because they can sell it for good gold. As someone who does dungeons with random people, I prefer auction.

22 minutes ago, Gennady said:

I played such games. It works good only if you farm the dungeon again and again with the same party. But for random parties it's pure luck-based. Nobody will give rare item to someone else because they can sell it for good gold. As someone who does dungeons with random people, I prefer auction.

And get outbidded by rich whale? Rolling dice is at least fair. All have chance to get item. Bidding means that the richest guy wins...be rich enough and you can outbid anyone.

Also items won by rolling dice are not tradeable. You can trade them with your party members only for limited time.

2 hours ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

No one cries, when someone rolls 100/100 or 99/100 and wins rare item

I would like to see the fire element user in bns that doesn't cry if I would roll on a fire earring in BT to sell it on the market... while every system has it's pros and cons the BnS loot distribution prevents people greeding for items to sell, that they can't use for themselves. Big minus of this system is, that there is no market for equipment, just upgrade materials.

5 minutes ago, Nemises said:

I would like to see the fire element user in bns that doesn't cry if I would roll on a fire earring in BT to sell it on the market... while every system has it's pros and cons the BnS loot distribution prevents people greeding for items to sell, that they can't use for themselves. Big minus of this system is, that there is no market for equipment, just upgrade materials.

In Warcraft you cant roll on items not suitable for your class...

Archived