Blade Dancer or Summoner?

Angelsinthesky

Haven't played Summoner, but could recommend Blade Dancer. Their high mobility and fast attack speed makes them fun to play. They're mostly there for the DPS, but they still get the option to grab enemies or party block for some additional support.

I myself main summoner, and I must say it's not a challenging class to play. Every ranged class have easier life when it comes to avoiding things, whereas melee classes are more challenging and also fun. If you already have ranged, try melee - that's my suggestion.

If you have multiple character slots, try both out, see which you prefer and stick with it.

If you only want one... it really depends. Since you play FM, you may prefer sticking to ranged combat and using a Summoner. Either way, there isn't a wrong option... so go with what you think you'd like more.

1 hour ago, Angelsinthesky said:

Does anybody know if summoner or warlock is more fun? (Seen as people mainly chose summoner)

no one, summoner is easy, wl is harder, wl kill with 1-2 air combo but no mobility, take sin,bd,gun, is more fun

On 22.12.2017 at 4:32 AM, Angelsinthesky said:

Heyo, it's me again XD just wanted to see other opinions on what class I should play as an alternate. My force master is my main but I just want another class to play just in case. So, I have narrowed it down to blade dancer and summoner. Any opinions?

only BD , sum is ok on start but after some month is boring, you just spam skills and no action

14 hours ago, Angelsinthesky said:

Does anybody know if summoner or warlock is more fun? (Seen as people mainly chose summoner)

My main is summoner and I have warlock as one of my alts. 

WL has a lot of stand in one place and spam skills, but you can't move to trigger the skill or it'll cancel it or won't even let it do cast at all. WL is a lot of fun if you like that sort of thing and high flashy animations  with that "aggressive" attitude like they have for some of the animations. At end game, warlocks are sought after for mostly their SB not really for their damage. Like some have told me, it's more of a utility class than a DPS and only really for Sanctum circle (Secret skill for healing party when they stand in it) and for Soul Burn which like doubles your DPS per sec while active. 

As for summoner, it's more of cutesy anime chibi/shouji like class. If you aren't bothered by Lyn looks, then maybe go with it. The reason I chose it over my WL for a main is that you can easily solo most things that a warlock would struggle with. And its party usefulness in some early to mid- endgame dungeons is really a lot more helpful in the long run than WL. I say this because Summoners can use cats to taunt when no tank is in party or the summoner is too high AP for a low AP tank to keep aggro. This makes the summoner have to range tank things when it happens. 

But also Summoners have a massive amount of CC and heals that benefit party as well as a protection for those recovering chi and a kitty revive for party members. While the kitty revive for party members sucks when compared to Soul Fighter revive. It is at least a way for the summoner to revive a party member and still focus on DPS and party heals from Huzzah (Z key skill).

Summoner also has self revive at 100% health. It is triggered where your kitty sacrifices itself to revive you back at 100% health. It can be useful if you screw up a seed shroud and get defeated.

Also, for Summoner is not as easy as some may think. The way the character creator says, it supposed to be very easy. While that is sort of true when it comes to damage dealing is like straight forward... but when it comes to knowing when and how to do things like party healing, party protect with seed shroud timing/stealthing, how to deal your max damage and face tank when there is no tank while healing party too... well, I will say its the easiest class to start out with but among the hardest classes to master. Its not really super hard to master, just you'll get seed shroud timing wrong a lot of times, you'll also likely not set yourself up properly for damage dealing and supporting from the trainable skills on the martial tome, and you'll likely find people expecting you to be able to do things to protect them that are unrealistic. Example, standing in a puddle of lava in Desolate Tomb final boss and thinking you could out heal the damage they receiving... or that Seed Shroud works on a spread out party for Ebondrake Citadel final boss... There is a reason you cluster together there lol...

TL;DR:

I didn't want to write an essay here about WL or Summoner. But I'll conclude with saying these things... If you like playing healing classes in other games, or any form of support class in other games, then Summoner may be for you. However, if you just like dark themed classes and flashy animations, then WL would be for you. Otherwise, if you really want to help your party beyond just a buff every 90 seconds, then choose Summoner as you can basically off tank when needed and you still can heal and damage deal. Just expect a learning curve for when you go from leveling to end game. I say this because around that time is when you really have to start understanding how to support others and yourself and the kitty at the same time while damage dealing. It isn't hard, but takes time to master. 

OH and on the case about BD, it too can be hard to solo things that a summoner can easily solo. Yes, even with its spin. You will likely get really hurt with only a self reviving charm as a means of reviving when you are downed. Though the more physical aspect of it may to some make it better to play, to me, it made it way more problematic and boring to play. Summoner can be boring too, but only if you don't try to give yourself a challenge with it. Example not keeping up Z key skill for party heal, and running a dungeon without the kitty... :-( 

On 21/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, Angelsinthesky said:

Heyo, it's me again XD just wanted to see other opinions on what class I should play as an alternate. My force master is my main but I just want another class to play just in case. So, I have narrowed it down to blade dancer and summoner. Any opinions?

Choose between the Cancer or the Ebola....

hehe..

I prefer summoner, cuz of the kitty.

Like a person said above, just stick with summoner... 

However, SF is the only other class in the game besides summoner that has a party revive. If I were to compare it to Summoners, I'd say its better in certain circumstances. The SF teleports the person to them and revives them so to speak. Where as the kitty of a summoner has to go to them and then revive them on spot they were defeated at. 

If I'm not mistaken they also have a party heal too. However, they don't have a lot of the utility that a summoner has and can't solo everything a summoner can. I love the kitty taunt in that regard, which the SF's don't have and therefore, they have to heal through damage and don't have anything/anyone in solo situations that can take aggro from them to help them survive. 

For a long time, SF was one of the classes that I wanted to play too. However, as I never got SF to endgame, I can't speak to how overall viable and all it is. Although, usually people will want a tank (BM or KFM), want Blue buff (Asssassin), want Soul burn (Warlock) and want party heal/revives (SF and Summoner). 

Archived