How and when to legit use Chi Bomb?

Mad Sofia

I guess everyone here agrees with me when I say that that skill is absolutely, totally awesome. It looks like a gen kidama, spirit bomb. You see?

X6OM6V6zRNqC6ciMYFmRCQ.jpg

Exactly. Now, my question is - is there a legit way of using that skill? Bc it's weaker, has a longer cast time, and can only be used in frost build. And no1 plays FM in frost mode.

Tho, like I said, I really love that skill and I wish I could use it somehow.

I've been suggested I could use it in tag matches, if the conditions allow it, or with unconscious enemies but... Idk.
What do you think? Where and how can I use that skill and look awesome? Bc fire is stronger yeah, but also boring.
And what about Frost Fury? It's like energetic pulses in Dragon Ball too...

Why do they make something that cool and then force you to use... fire? Fire build looks so clunky... Fire Beam is like... meh. Like lightning build on BM, but alas on BM using fire is viable.

Usually players use it for fun only because the damage is not high and it has long casting time. People can easily iframe it or disrupt the casting. 

If you have been to ebondrake lair dungeon, you will see there are two NPCs using the chi bombs too before the first 2 mini bosses. To be honest, the damage from these bombs were so low that we can face eat the damage. 

The whole frost build needs a reworking. It's cool and all, but only worth in pvp, maybe, and not really every time - this skill instead, that should be like, a "special"? Heh, you can't really use it anywhere.

And why they made such a skill? :v

As far as PvP is concerned, it was probably meant to be a high-risk, high-reward attack; but as it is, it's obviously very high risk and hardly rewarding (unless you're trying to show off or bm to the opponent). With regard to PvE, they'd have to insanely buff Chi Bomb by magnitude of ten's on the damage multiplier in order for it to outperform a simple gravity well + ice rain spam (and even then, it'd have to be against a group of incredibly high HP mobs to make it "worth it").

Legit use? As it is now, its only legit use is to have fun with it, especially in 6v6.

What you guys talking about frost fm being bad for PvE, at end game you basically have infinite cold snaps to inifnitely spam ice rain which with the right badges/bracelet etc will end up doing similar dps to fire, the only difference is that fire has very high burst, but ice is more sustained dps.

Put someone in a frost prison, hit them with 3 LMBs as a time indicator then start casting it. Most of the time it goes off within less than half a second of the prison wearing off and the person can't dodge it. Jaesung had a blast doing it to people in pvp years ago, done it a few times myself just for the fun of it. It's a very satisfying skill to use, albeit underwhelming damage wise compared to the fire build counterpart.

On 05/09/2017 at 9:20 PM, FrozenB said:

Usually players use it for fun only because the damage is not high and it has long casting time. People can easily iframe it or disrupt the casting. 

If you have been to ebondrake lair dungeon, you will see there are two NPCs using the chi bombs too before the first 2 mini bosses. To be honest, the damage from these bombs were so low that we can face eat the damage. 

Now go try that in Hard Mode 

On 9/6/2017 at 3:45 AM, AnchorSky said:

What you guys talking about frost fm being bad for PvE, at end game you basically have infinite cold snaps to inifnitely spam ice rain which with the right badges/bracelet etc will end up doing similar dps to fire, the only difference is that fire has very high burst, but ice is more sustained dps.

Pretty much this. Whoever told you ice build is bad and not worth, never played an FM or doesnt really know whats to come. With the new lime color badge, you get infinite cold snap => infinite ice rain and combined with the blue badge => gg dmg. The resent changes on raven and above weapon ice rain dmg gave the sustained dps ice build needed to get in par with fire. So, currently endgame KR ice FMs do as much dmg as fire FMs.

About the question: since I play ice myself (fire too mainstream and I got bored of it long ago), I use it only for the lulz or when I have no cds left to use. For the 5sec casting it does pretty much as much dmg as my regular rotation (around 110-120k). I dont use it in either arena or 6v6 because phantom grip is way better for pvp situations. So to sum it up: its a somewhat useless skill to use in either pve or pvp.

Archived